• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Highmaul had some killer weapon models. High Imperator's Staff and the 2h Mace are two of my favorite weapon models of all time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I actually really like Highmaul. What was wrong with the enviroment art? It looked like an ancient city and looked really imposing from outside. Also the bosses were super fun, they started out simple and ramped up the difficulty. Highmaul is on of the better raids of WoW in my opinion.
This is actually a problem that exists across a few parts of WoD, but Highmaul is kind of awful about creating good landmarks that pop in the environment. For being this seat of Ogre power there's just not a lot going on. Even at the end you hit the top of the tower but there's not really landscapes or vistas to latch on to. The dungeon is very self contained and the boss rooms are all kind of just blank slates. Blizzard should really be doing more on the backdrop/skybox whatever you want to call it if they are going to use very plain dungeon rooms.

There are definitely fights I like in Highmaul but it never felt like it should stand as a raid dungeon on its own. No set pieces. No pets or mounts. It was really underdeveloped. I wish it was able to stand side by side with BRF but the content had to be drip fed because it didn't really exist otherwise. What's worse is that they made Highmaul so irrelevant that there was really no need for anyone to run it after BRF got its ilevel boost.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know why, because unlike CMs they're a total joke, but I really dig grinding out gear for timewalking dps. I've got my MOP cloak, my ICC rep ring and I'm working on getting my 4 piece ToT and dragonwrath

ZenaxPure

I thought Highmaul was alright, actually liked the look of it (I enjoyed the Draenor Ogre architecture/culture in general) and I thought some of the fights were pretty fun.

My main problem with it was just how it felt like a time killer until the main event (BRF) opened up gameplay-wise. It didn't have any tier gear or any cool/unique trinkets or anything of that ilk. All the models save weapons are just stuff you can get from BRF, and it didn't even have any cosmetic stuff like pets/mounts. The item level difference (pre-buff) between it and BRF made it worse.

Honestly wish it would had been a different raid tier than BRF.

I know this is nothing but this is the first mount that's ever dropped for me...

lFK7GoL.jpg

Battle Chicken is go.

JSoup

Banned
Hmm. Ulduar keeps switching me from 25 Heroic to 25 Normal and not letting me change it back when I get inside. Never had this problem before.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm really tempted to sell my Grumpus mount and buy an HFC run for the Grove Warden. Runs are 30-50k on ED and Grumpus is selling for a minimum of 70k.

Lomax

So I'm only getting 130-140 gold from H FL 25 bosses.

Did they nerf them?

The gold drop is always roughly 125g per boss. Some sites include the average value of the drops in their listings though.

Hmm. Ulduar keeps switching me from 25 Heroic to 25 Normal and not letting me change it back when I get inside. Never had this problem before.

Ulduar doesn't have a heroic 25, back then heroic meant 25 man. There's just 10 and 25 man modes.

Tenebrous

I'm really tempted to sell my Grumpus mount and buy an HFC run for the Grove Warden. Runs are 30-50k on ED and Grumpus is selling for a minimum of 70k.

I'd personally wait a few months unless you're desperate for the Warden. Archi HC kills aren't going to go up in price, but the Grumpus might.

Granadier

I'd personally wait a few months unless you're desperate for the Warden. Archi HC kills aren't going to go up in price, but the Grumpus might.

Yeah, this is true. Realistically I have until Legion before the Warden goes away. At the same time Archi runs will probably increase in prices as Legion gets closer. I'll wait a few months and see what the prices are at then.

Tenebrous

I wouldn't even bank on them going up that much towards the end. Some historically bang average guilds on my server are already selling Archimonde boosts. The longer the expansion goes on, more guilds will be selling, less people will need to buy, and the price, if anything, should come down.

At least, that's what happened with heirlooms over here.

At least those early Burning Crusade dungeons are relatively quick and most loop back to the entrance/quest turn-in. Hellfire Ramparts is like a breath of fresh air after grinding through Blackrock Depths for a bunch of levels.

You can't do shit about the randoms but you can queue for specific dungeons to level up and out of the BC content faster.

I now have 12 level 100s. Trying to do the timewalking weekly on all of them is becoming exhausting. At least they all have decent gear now.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I now have 12 level 100s. Trying to do the timewalking weekly on all of them is becoming exhausting. At least they all have decent gear now.

You could just do Tanaan and buy Baleful stuff or just get them from mobs. That's what I did on some of my less played alts. Once they're full baleful, the job is done for them until Legion. More than half of them get turned into purples lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could just do Tanaan and buy Baleful stuff or just get them from mobs. That's what I did on some of my less played alts. Once they're full baleful, the job is done for them until Legion. More than half of them get turned into purples lol.

If he's getting burnt out doing timewalking, I can't even imagine doing Apexis dailies on alts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
If he's getting burnt out doing timewalking, I can't even imagine doing Apexis dailies on alts.

yeah, just do the naval missions on one toon and send them around. i got more than what i know to do with.

at this point im saving them all for the transmog system so i dont have to grind them all out.

phierce

yeah, just do the naval missions on one toon and send them around. i got more than what i know to do with.

at this point im saving them all for the transmog system so i dont have to grind them all out.
What do you mean saving them all for transmog? Apexis? What do they have to do with it? Haven't really paid much attention to those details.

After the flying mount rep grind I never want to set foot in Tanaan again. At least group dungeons are more interesting than daily quests if only for the minimal social interaction you sort of get from dungeon queues.

I just want that awesome corrupted raven mount. At my current pace, that's about four months worth, although that'll pick up with the shipyard.

Created a wormhole device for Draenor, I used it for the first time tonight and it teleported me high into the air above a giant lake of lava in Frostfire Ridge. Seems about right for Goblin Engineering.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What do you mean saving them all for transmog? Apexis? What do they have to do with it? Haven't really paid much attention to those details.

in Legion, they're updating the transmog system to be like Diablo. so once that system is in place, if you use them (and/or soulbind them) on the right character you will learn the piece for good

RkOwnage

So I decided to re up my sub out of boredom. I rerolled on an old server because some friends were playing there. I'm leveling a Hunter from 1-100, and I want to focus pretty much on farming as much gold as I can, just cause...

What are the best options for doing so? Assume I didn't do much when WoD came out, because realistically, I didn't. I stopped playing a month after release.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

ampere

Got my Blackhand mount tonight woo! Just about done with WoD stuff, outside of farm raids and making garrison gold

So I decided to re up my sub out of boredom. I rerolled on an old server because some friends were playing there. I'm leveling a Hunter from 1-100, and I want to focus pretty much on farming as much gold as I can, just cause...

What are the best options for doing so? Assume I didn't do much when WoD came out, because realistically, I didn't. I stopped playing a month after release.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

Garrisons are the best passive money maker. Jewelcrafting hut with a follower (with the Jewelcrafting trait) is about 150-250g per day per character. A level 3 Inn gives you extra garrison missions that reward gold, and you can recruit followers from there with the Treasure Hunter trait that grants extra gold. Harrison Jones (unlocked via this achieve) is a good follower to get to level other followers quickly, and he has the Treasure Hunter trait. The war mill can help you get your followers ilevel up, and you want to get them to 675 to unlock all the possible gold missions and item reward missions.

That's a general overview anyway. Check out this guide on wowhead for some more details

Milennia

I just want that awesome corrupted raven mount. At my current pace, that's about four months worth, although that'll pick up with the shipyard.

Created a wormhole device for Draenor, I used it for the first time tonight and it teleported me high into the air above a giant lake of lava in Frostfire Ridge. Seems about right for Goblin Engineering.

I farmed that moutn during the apexis weekend event a while ago back when tanaan first opened, not sure if people still do that but it was pretty painless.

I farmed that moutn during the apexis weekend event a while ago back when tanaan first opened, not sure if people still do that but it was pretty painless.

Nice! Looks like there's an Apexis bonus week long event coming up this week too, I should probably wrap up Spires and hammer through Nagrand as quickly as possible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of in a weird spot with WoW at the moment.

I don't have that much interest in continuing to play until Legion comes out...... buuuut I have all these 100s and it's easier than ever to make gold passively. So it's like if it's worth my time to play just for occasionally logging in to generate gold to have when Legion is out.

Getting Invicible was cool and all, but it was probably one of the few things keeping me playing. I've got the Grove Warden and Ironhoof Destroyer now too.

Robin64

Rolled a character for the Iron Man Challenge yesterday and got 'em to level 24. Already it's becoming rather difficult, and I rolled ez-mode hunter. The pet is just super squishy, and my damage is awful. Having a lot of fun, though

Granadier

Rolled a character for the Iron Man Challenge yesterday and got 'em to level 24. Already it's becoming rather difficult, and I rolled ez-mode hunter. The pet is just super squishy, and my damage is awful. Having a lot of fun, though

That is awesome! Keep us updated on your progress please!

Asmongold has been doing the iron man challenge lately and it's been super interesting. It seems like an entirely different game when you approach leveling that way. I think it'd be cool if Blizzard implemented an official way to do that challenge. Kinda like hardcore in Diablo.

idlewild_

I found it pretty painless to do the Tanaan dailies for oil on my alts, only needed to do it 1-2x a week per alt and it takes maybe 5 min using the group finder since I only did the main daily that gives oil. I staggered my start of Tanaan on each alt, so I only had to do the main daily once per weekday and maybe 2x on the weekend. Almost all of the alts have the oil rig now, so even that small investment is gone. The time was worth it imo to have the shipyard fully unlocked on all my alts, there are some very lucrative ship missions.

Plus, I get so much apexis and baleful from the ship missions that all of the alts are 690+ and any new class I level becomes 685+ ilvl almost instantly. My latest alt was ~697+ and doing normal HFC within 2 hours of hitting 100 :lol

For some reason I thought the Archimonde mech mount was going for +/-70k. Sounds like it actually goes for 500k? I just hit 30k gold, thought I might be close to affording that thing... ah wel.

Lomax

For some reason I thought the Archimonde mech mount was going for +/-70k. Sounds like it actually goes for 500k? I just hit 30k gold, thought I might be close to affording that thing... ah wel.

There's mythic runs (for gear and the achievement) that are a lot more. A mount only run is only heroic and is much cheaper.

ampere

http://www.wowhead.com/item=123890/felsteel-annihilator This one? Try like 2 million gold lol

Not many guild have got it for all their raiders yet, so there are very few selling it, and those who are selling it charge around 2 - 3M gold

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't worry, you'll probably be able to get that mount once you're lvl 130 in a few years and be able to solo the raid. Save that 500k-2 millions for something else. :p

Milennia

We aren't selling that thing for another 3 more kills or so, but we get a ton of tells about it everyday.

We just tell them it would be 5 mil so they kind of stop caring about it but some of them STILL want it at that price.

Blows my mind.
I don't even use it.

Knocked my account on the head until Legion, was just getting increasingly bored with everything.

Got nine days left to get a lvl 100 of every class, just a 96 Warrior and 65 Shaman to go. That'll be a good way to bow out.

Top Bottom