• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Meier

Working on getting that level 3 fishing shack. What an absolute slog.. not sure how much more I can deal with working on it without flying. My fishing is up to 697 or so now.. if I use the bait (plus worm, pole, etc. of course), will I mostly catch enormous from just general fishing? As is, I've only been looking for the schools to guarantee I get them and it just takes so long. 2 down, parts of 5 remain.

Have about 22k gold now so I think by the end of my first month back I'll be able to buy another month of game time so that'll be nice.

I don't understand how transmog works.. I mean, I see it in practice (lots of female characters wearing next to nothing that is actually badass armor) but if I click on the vendor it doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't read about it yet because it isn't that big of a deal to me, but it's not super obvious at least. Same with the void storage. If I try and use the one in Warspear, it just refuses to allow me to deposit anything. Kind of strange that you'd need to read wowhead to figure out how to use it..

ampere

We aren't selling that thing for another 3 more kills or so, but we get a ton of tells about it everyday.

We just tell them it would be 5 mil so they kind of stop caring about it but some of them STILL want it at that price.

Blows my mind.
I don't even use it.

I love it, but 5M lol. That amount of gold is like, a huge pain in the ass to even trade. 5 different toons, ew

We aren't selling that thing for another 3 more kills or so, but we get a ton of tells about it everyday.

We just tell them it would be 5 mil so they kind of stop caring about it but some of them STILL want it at that price.

Blows my mind.
I don't even use it.

That's crazy. Can't believe a mount is worth that much to someone, lol.

phierce

in Legion, they're updating the transmog system to be like Diablo. so once that system is in place, if you use them (and/or soulbind them) on the right character you will learn the piece for good
Gotcha. I knew about the new tmog system coming. I just read your post as you were saving all your apexis for something to do with the legion tmog which made no sense. This makes sense.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Gotcha. I knew about the new tmog system coming. I just read your post as you were saving all your apexis for something to do with the legion tmog which made no sense. This makes sense.

i suppose saving Apexis is good for that too?

i meant from the naval missions. i get a million of them from there

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
in Legion, they're updating the transmog system to be like Diablo. so once that system is in place, if you use them (and/or soulbind them) on the right character you will learn the piece for good

I'm curious how it's gonna work. Are we going to have a Transmog tab next to the Heirloom one with hundreds of pages filled with every items you found? It's going to be insane browsing that. If I find one particular staff on my main, will that look be available on my entire account, or just the character who found it?

phierce

I'm curious how it's gonna work. Are we going to have a Transmog tab next to the Heirloom one with hundreds of pages filled with every items you found? It's going to be insane browsing that. If I find one particular staff on my main, will that look be available on my entire account, or just the character who found it?
Plate wearers unlock plate, mail wearers unlock mail, etc. Only hunters can unlock guns and so on. Must be able to use the item on the toon you find it on in order to unlock it. What you unlock is available for your bnet account if the toon can wear it.

ZenaxPure

Plate wearers unlock plate, mail wearers unlock mail, etc. Only hunters can unlock guns and so on. Must be able to use the item on the toon you find it on in order to unlock it. What you unlock is available for your bnet account if the toon can wear it.

To add to that the UI already exists in the alpha so you can find videos of it and such if you want to see it. And yeah it is a massive ass list, even when separated by item slot.

Calcium

Banned
I resubbed and it took 11 days to start to regret it. I tried to do something different this time, tried to focus on PvP for a change. I read that Ashran was a good place to gear up, so I played a ton of it to get a 700+ ilvl. It's actually really fun when your group is working together getting shit done. The problem is I only got to experience that a handful of times. It's pretty annoying constantly getting wiped by the Alliance. Even in Random BGs the teamwork and communication is abysmal. I've probably played 30 random BGs and the Alliance won like 25 of them. It's ridiculous and makes the game less fun.

Tenebrous

Ashran is likely to fail you more often than not. People don't abandon good groups easily, but will abandon losing games all the time, so you're a lot more likely to get into a hopeless group with little chance of turning it around.

Calcium

Banned
Ashran is likely to fail you more often than not. People don't abandon good groups easily, but will abandon losing games all the time, so you're a lot more likely to get into a hopeless group with little chance of turning it around.

Yeah, I figured that out along the way. I'm not even bothered by Ashran really. It's the random BGs where the Horde is seemingly terrible that annoys me. I just don't get how the Alliance can constantly seem to have their shit together and win while the Horde struggles so much.

davepoobond

there's going to be costumes you can save as well, and you can link costumes so you can look like other people if you have all of the stuff unlocked.

tabards are going to be unlocked in the same system.

you'll only be able to see the things your character can equip, weapon-wise, and only your correct armor class. so you'll need one of each class to start unlocking for the other armor classes at the current state.

for example, hunters will be able to unlock all weapons except Maces, i would think, as far as weapons go.

looks like this is a good article:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/14594-transmogrification-changes-in-legion/

Calcium

Banned
You picked Horde and have a gear wall to climb, you probably would've been better off waiting to see if Legion's new wrinkles un-fuck PVP.

I picked Horde back in Vanilla, their prowess (or lack thereof) in PvP didn't factor in to the decision. Gearing was actually relatively painless, much easier than gearing in PvE. If I don't continue playing I'll pop back in for sure when Legion hits.

ampere

I resubbed and it took 11 days to start to regret it. I tried to do something different this time, tried to focus on PvP for a change. I read that Ashran was a good place to gear up, so I played a ton of it to get a 700+ ilvl. It's actually really fun when your group is working together getting shit done. The problem is I only got to experience that a handful of times. It's pretty annoying constantly getting wiped by the Alliance. Even in Random BGs the teamwork and communication is abysmal. I've probably played 30 random BGs and the Alliance won like 25 of them. It's ridiculous and makes the game less fun.

My advice for random bgs:

Make a group in premade group finder under PvP-Battlegrounds and say "Random BGs" set the minimum pvp ilevel to 730 (full honor gear). Queue for random BGs that way and your odds of winning will be much better. Gradually meet people you like playing with, add em to your friends list, etc. I never solo queue, always queue with 2 - 4 other players and I win 90%+ of my random BGs.

Having a little team that has good gear and is marginally more likely to stick together and play objectives goes a long way. Not to mention, if you queue with others you'll almost never get put in an in-progress losing game.

Calcium

Banned

Make a group in premade group finder under PvP-Battlegrounds and say "Random BGs" set the minimum pvp ilevel to 730 (full honor gear). Queue for random BGs that way and your odds of winning will be much better. Gradually meet people you like playing with, add em to your friends list, etc. I never solo queue, always queue with 2 - 4 other players and I win 90%+ of my random BGs.

Having a little team that has good gear and is marginally more likely to stick together and play objectives goes a long way. Not to mention, if you queue with others you'll almost never get put in an in-progress losing game.

Huh, that didn't even occur to me. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

This is a damn good idea.

Flying wolves, courtesy of Goblin Gliders and Nagrand.

vb3ggiR.jpg

Turns out I can reasonably solo Twlight's Bastion with my Ele Shaman now that my item level is higher. There's not as many mobs to burn through so it seems like you earn less cash overall versus Firelands but there are some neat looking transmogs there I'll probably want to farm for Legion.

I picked Horde back in Vanilla, their prowess (or lack thereof) in PvP didn't factor in to the decision. Gearing was actually relatively painless, much easier than gearing in PvE. If I don't continue playing I'll pop back in for sure when Legion hits.

I was Alliance in vanilla. Horde seemed to have the better pvp players on my server (Suramar). I didn't have any luck in BGs until I got in with the premade Alliance pvp group.

Horde had a few premades, but even when it was a team of randoms they always seemed a lot more organized than the Alliance randoms.

Meier

I did the Ashran PVP the other day for the first time and we (Horde) were crushing it. There was a de facto leader who was super into it and that definitely helped. It's a pretty interesting mode but I kept waiting for it to end and to show some stats and stuff. Weird that it just goes in perpetuity. I did manage to get enough honor to buy a new gun and won an epic chest piece out of a quest reward. I'd lose my 2 piece bonus for Rancorbite armor though so I haven't started wearing it yet.

My poor PC is quite old at this point and just absolutely slowed to a crawl a few times due to the sheer number of people when there were big clashes.

Varjis

I did the Ashran PVP the other day for the first time and we (Horde) were crushing it. There was a de facto leader who was super into it and that definitely helped. It's a pretty interesting mode but I kept waiting for it to end and to show some stats and stuff. Weird that it just goes in perpetuity. I did manage to get enough honor to buy a new gun and won an epic chest piece out of a quest reward. I'd lose my 2 piece bonus for Rancorbite armor though so I haven't started wearing it yet.

My poor PC is quite old at this point and just absolutely slowed to a crawl a few times due to the sheer number of people when there were big clashes.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Raid Leader was doing an amazing job of rotating events and Trem kills. He had us stack on Kauper until each event. I stayed way later than I should have before going to bed but it was hard to pass up such a good group. Left with 2K+ Bones, 1800 Conquest and I capped Honor once over.

Edwardo

Lol ya, a lot of time in Ashran the enemies won't load until I'm already completely overrun.

I have my mount for my Gnome Fire Mage :D

hWvESoq.jpg

I really enjoy a lot of the Burning Crusade's dungeons and raids but I've got one more mount to farm and then I think I'm pretty much done with this content outside of Time Walking events. I hope they do Time Walking raids, It would be pretty neat to play Tempest Keep, Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau at an appropriate level and not just faceroll everything solo.

JSoup

Banned
Hmm. Took quest for pet battle daily, finished off my fifth win, returned to garrison, game removed quest from my list before I could turn it in.

Lomax

Hmm. Took quest for pet battle daily, finished off my fifth win, returned to garrison, game removed quest from my list before I could turn it in.

I've been having all sorts of weird issues with it. A couple weeks ago my progress kept resetting. This week, as soon as I took the quest, I was able to turn it in complete immediately.

Got my Shaman's garrison to level 3 and had to choose between the inn and the trading outpost. Went with the inn because of the gold gain boosts to followers but I think I'm going to want to get that trading outpost later to help speed up Tanaan diplomat.

I should probably just get rid of my tannery and barn. I just don't know what I should build in place of the tannery. I have an Engineering Works, I'm going to build a Salvage Yard. A Storehouse?

davepoobond

Got my Shaman's garrison to level 3 and had to choose between the inn and the trading outpost. Went with the inn because of the gold gain boosts to followers but I think I'm going to want to get that trading outpost later to help speed up Tanaan diplomat.

I should probably just get rid of my tannery and barn. I just don't know what I should build in place of the tannery. I have an Engineering Works, I'm going to build a Salvage Yard. A Storehouse?

i have a storehouse, tannery, and salvage yard.

not much use in the profession building i feel.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My 3 small buildings are almost always storehouse, salvage yard and the enchanting one. So I can DE all those blues that are not even worth 15g and sell the mats in the AH.

Ditch the barn, get trading post and inn. Most effective for gold at this point in the expac. Savage Blood isn't worth the time, feasts aren't either with 125 food existing.

Ulduar continues to suck ass - 82 kills now, no mount. I swear if my monk finishes a Val'anyr purely from Yogg kills before I get a mount...

Lomax

I'm sure it varies from server to server, but my barn is making me right around 1k a day for 6 kills per day (that I can do a week's worth in under a half hour). Definitely my most profitable building. Wouldn't want to use it on a bunch of alts though.

I'll ditch the barn as soon as I can afford to. Right now I'm at the point where I kind of gave up last time, there's just the alternating constraints of not having enough gold or garrison resources before the garrison starts to pay off for itself and your progress is throttled by the constraint of time. I still have questing and treasures in Nagrand as well as dungeon dailies for garrison resources before I have to start grinding out gold for Ogre Caches (8k on Dalaran atm).

I should probably build a Warmill instead of a Goblin Workshop shouldn't I? Goblin Workshop is just for funsies but the follower rewards from the Warmill look pretty worthwhile.

Lomax

I'll ditch the barn as soon as I can afford to. Right now I'm at the point where I kind of gave up last time, there's just the alternating constraints of not having enough gold or garrison resources before the garrison starts to pay off for itself and your progress is throttled by the constraint of time. I still have questing and treasures in Nagrand as well as dungeon dailies for garrison resources before I have to start grinding out gold for Ogre Caches (8k on Dalaran atm).

I should probably build a Warmill instead of a Goblin Workshop shouldn't I? Goblin Workshop is just for funsies but the follower rewards from the Warmill look pretty worthwhile.

After a little over a month now, my character with a mill has every follower at 645+, while my character with a salvage yard barely has most followers at 615. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty worthwhile, almost mandatory even. Buying ogre caches otoh I can't see being worth the gold at all.

Meier

I didn't really realize it, but having a building for your own profession is kinda worthless so I might ditch the enchanting shop I have. The fractured temporal crystals are nice but the reality is that you get so much in the way of garbage purples if you do LFR raids that it's mostly useless for me. My barracks seem kind of pointless too since I've never used a Bodyguard.. I probably should do that to get the achievement. I'm a little tempted to get to level 3 so I can have 25 followers in use but that's a lot of gold and resources to build it if I'm thinking of destroying it.

The trading post sounds very tempting but I don't have an Exalted faction yet so I wouldn't get the full value out of it. I wonder if the Bodyguard faction counts towards the requirement?

Arakkoa Outcasts 8660/12000 Honored
Barracks Bodyguards 0/3000 Neutral
Frostwolf Orcs 1535/21000 Revered
Laughing Skull Orcs 0/6000 Friendly
Order of the Awakened 4500/6000 Friendly
Steamwheedle Preservation Society 1450/6000 Friendly
The Saberstalkers 3975/12000 Honored
Vol'jin's Headhunters 9450/12000 Honored
Vol'jin's Spear 4881/6000 Friendly

Gonna take awhile to get there I'm afraid.

Robin64

Of those, Saberstalker and Steamwheedle are the ones I would say are easiest to get to Exalted. Saberstalker is a case of finding a group and grinding for a couple of hours, and Steamwheedle is just flying around the west side of Nagrand looking for rares to kill which are now easily soloable.

Edit: Actually, do Frostwolf Orcs. You're Revered, it won't take long. Find Hoarfrost, kill him for 400 base rep, hop realms using the group tool and repeat.

I'm on my 3rd level 100(ele shaman - now my main) and I went with the following:

- Barracks(bodyguard makes doing Tanaan dailies easier) plus 25 follower limit
- Inn (getting treasure hunter and scavenger followers), will replace with TP later
- Stables(never had one so I want the mounts and achievements)
- Lumber Mill (want to get garrison resources faster now and upgrade all my buildings to 3)
- Tannery (my profession)
- Salvage Yard
- Scribe Hut - only to get the daily vendor item for $$

I didn't really realize it, but having a building for your own profession is kinda worthless so I might ditch the enchanting shop I have. The fractured temporal crystals are nice but the reality is that you get so much in the way of garbage purples if you do LFR raids that it's mostly useless for me. My barracks seem kind of pointless too since I've never used a Bodyguard.. I probably should do that to get the achievement. I'm a little tempted to get to level 3 so I can have 25 followers in use but that's a lot of gold and resources to build it if I'm thinking of destroying it.

The trading post sounds very tempting but I don't have an Exalted faction yet so I wouldn't get the full value out of it. I wonder if the Bodyguard faction counts towards the requirement?

You have to look at market prices to figure out if its worth DEing an epic or just selling it for gold. If youre not an enchanter, then it is fairly worthless. You can just use LFG and find someone hosting their hut. The only buildings I use anymore are barracks for followers/missions, salvage yard, inn (to spawn gold missions), and trading post. I have every prof building across my account and do not use any of them anymore. Blizz shit pretty hard on professions with this xpac.

Meier

You have to look at market prices to figure out if its worth DEing an epic or just selling it for gold. If youre not an enchanter, then it is fairly worthless. You can just use LFG and find someone hosting their hut. The only buildings I use anymore are barracks for followers/missions, salvage yard, inn (to spawn gold missions), and trading post. I have every prof building across my account and do not use any of them anymore. Blizz shit pretty hard on professions with this xpac.

I got a few rare non soulbound items and tried to sell them on the AH but no one seems to buy much in the way of gear nowadays so it's basically just an exercise in losing money. I was just DE'ing everything and then selling tons of dust, but I was getting about 2 gold per dust on Lothar so I've started selling for gold if it's worth more than 20. I've yet to get a purple that wasn't soulbound so that's not really been an issue for me yet. I have enchanting and skinning.. I guess it's JC which has the purple crafted items and the like that you can sell now but I'm SOL.

Edit: Actually, do Frostwolf Orcs. You're Revered, it won't take long. Find Hoarfrost, kill him for 400 base rep, hop realms using the group tool and repeat.

Thanks, nice tip! I have not actually done any of the realm hopping stuff for going after a mob.. but now that makes a lot of sense. Your Wowhead link says he's pretty rare -- did they fix that?

cdyhybrid

You can get most of those to exalted in one weekend during a Draenor dungeon event.

Top Bottom