• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

All 40 artifacts will merge into a super ultimate weapon that Thrall wins the day with, thus also taking them away from us for the next expac.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
All 40 artifacts will merge into a super ultimate weapon that Thrall wins the day with, thus also taking them away from us for the next expac.

sargeras comes back to life and steals all your goodies. your garrison is his first target after he merges all of your artifacts. then he destroys your closet and toy box.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thrall
will take those as well.

He is our lord and savior.

bKl1sNK.png

Tenebrous

Unless they completely nerf the gold output into ground, I'll have to disagree with you.

Nerfing the gold would be enough because...

It better be nerfed, I don't want 90% of my Legion time to be tending to the previous expansion's Facebook-alike.

I want to avoid this so badly. It's hard to ignore something which brings in a steady 30-50k a month, even with me taking alts casually.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If they can change it so Legion quests give 100g each, i'll gladly see my Garrison burn to the ground.

They'll nerf garrisons and shipyards into the ground. After Legion drops I imagine it won't be worth your time, energy or money to level up a garrison outside of completing the necessary quest missions if you're intent playing through all of the zones for Loremaster.

Granadier

They'll nerf garrisons and shipyards into the ground. After Legion drops I imagine it won't be worth your time, energy or money to level up a garrison outside of completing the necessary quest missions if you're intent playing through all of the zones for Loremaster.

Man I really hope so. Getting rid of their ability to make a ton of gold will make them irrelevant.

Nista

I'm sort of disappointed in how Alpha Enh shaman plays right now. Not that I particularly love how clunky totems have become, but basically having none anymore except for one talent is pretty sad.

Also the spirit wolves seem to have taken a nose-dive in usefulness, they don't last long and they stand there backwards for a few seconds when summoned.

Also repeated rockbiter spamming for maelstrom when doing leveling content. Sigh.

ZenaxPure

Man I really hope so. Getting rid of their ability to make a ton of gold will make them irrelevant.

It'll probably happen, doubt blizz wants people spending a bunch of time in their garrison once Legion is out and that will be the fastest way to do it.

At this point I'm more curious what they are going to do with other aspects of the garrison. Like if the salvage yard goes unchanged from its current form I could easily see myself still doing missions for a while just to unlock easy transmog appearances. I've actually been contemplating just saving boxes on my alts who have empty banks/bag spaces and opening them when 7.0 hits. Curious how all of that will play out but we won't know for months.

idlewild_

Wow, raid testing starts tomorrow for Alpha. Thought it would be another 2-3 months for that. Guess that's why they invited a ton of 13/13m guilds.

I may have to change my main spec for Legion, fist weapons on Goblin Shamans are terrible because half of the weapon clips through the ground when it's equipped and drawn. Unless the weapon is just visible holstered on your hip, it's just going to drive me nuts.The weapon is almost to the ground in its starting (or second) form on a tauren and it only gets larger as the artifact progresses.

I don't understand why Elemental Shamans get a fist weapon. The weapons look cool, I really like the flame and wolf claw variations but I won't see half of that on my Shaman if it attaches to the character like current fist weapons do. I prefer shields and maces because you just don't have that clipping issue.

Do they make alpha/beta testers sign NDA's? Or will there be more videos and pictures of the classes, different races and artifacts floating around soon? Most preview videos I've seen of the artifacts just feature humans.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may have to change my main spec for Legion, fist weapons on Goblin Shamans are terrible because half of the weapon clips through the ground when it's equipped and drawn. Unless the weapon is just visible holstered on your hip, it's just going to drive me nuts.The weapon is almost to the ground in its starting (or second) form on a tauren and it only gets larger as the artifact progresses.

I don't understand why Elemental Shamans get a fist weapon. The weapons look cool, I really like the flame and wolf claw variations but I won't see half of that on my Shaman if it attaches to the character like current fist weapons do. I prefer shields and maces because you just don't have that clipping issue.

Do they make alpha/beta testers sign NDA's? Or will there be more videos and pictures of the classes, different races and artifacts floating around soon? Most preview videos I've seen of the artifacts just feature humans.

They already said fist weapons will display differently in Legion.

Differently in that they would actually appear when casting. I just wanna see what that is from the alpha or beta, it's holstered, if it's on the hand, how it looks on a goblin, you know?

phierce

Obviously it won't be worth leveling up brand new garrisons in Legion, but for 20 minutes a day, some of us make a ton of money from them. That would still be worth my time. (I've made ~100K in 12 days without doing anything other than missions).

ampere

Decided to take some videos of a dungeon I did tonight. Was with a fully random group since our other characters got bugged ability CDs and had to take deserter. It took a bit too long to do a full video of the clear, but here are the boss kill videos:

Blackrook Hold Normal:
Amalgam of Souls
Illysanna Ravencrest
Smashspite the Hateful
Lord Ravencrest

The dungeon looks really great, very scenic. But the map was not yet implemented so it was confusing and we got lost at one point.

They have in the past, but there is no NDA right now. Streaming and videos are fully allowed. Not all artifacts, and thus specs, are playable yet though.

phierce

Decided to take some videos of a dungeon I did tonight. Was with a fully random group since our other characters got bugged ability CDs and had to take deserter. It took a bit too long to do a full video of the clear, but here are the boss kill videos:

The dungeon looks really great, very scenic. But the map was not yet implemented so it was confusing and we got lost at one point.

They have in the past, but there is no NDA right now. Streaming and videos are fully allowed. Not all artifacts, and thus specs, are playable yet though.
Thanks for posting these.

Go Pats!!
just noticed your avatar

Meier

I have about 500 elemental runes now.. I suppose it'll be another 2 weeks or so before I can get my ring. At least there is usually one fleet mission and one garrison mission a day for some -- waiting for that 20k apexis for 75 runes to pop again.

Is there anything you can do with Abrogator stones once you're past that part of the quest? I ended up with 10 extras and don't know if I should just destroy them or what. Wowhead didn't make it seem like they had a further use but it seems weird they'd let me get so many extra.. I guess I do see a comment from someone who ended up with 5 more as well and he deleted them.

Obviously it won't be worth leveling up brand new garrisons in Legion, but for 20 minutes a day, some of us make a ton of money from them. That would still be worth my time. (I've made ~100K in 12 days without doing anything other than missions).

That's just nuts. I'm sure you're talking about using multiple characters to do that but still insanely impressive. I did just unlock Nat Pagle now so I have 2 people with the treasure hunter ability! Need to finish 1 more Harrison Jones quest to unlock him.

Granadier

Differently in that they would actually appear when casting. I just wanna see what that is from the alpha or beta, it's holstered, if it's on the hand, how it looks on a goblin, you know?

I still think it's really weird that elemental is using fist weapons and enhancement is hammers.

Honestly I hope they just nerf it into the ground, pour the shipyard oil onto the stockpile of resources, and burn it all to the ground.

Im torn on garrison gold. I absolutely love being able to make 100k+ a month by taking 5 minutes a day to send some pixels to work. It enables me to pay for me and my wife via tokens. I dont think Ill be able to make near that much with any profession. I at least hope they leave cata raids alone. Between my 5 characters, that gets me close. If the token drops, it should cover it.

ampere

Time to Strike... Doable in one sitting?

Yes, especially if you just join random groups to get them done faster. Obviously Tanaan is the place to do it, and you can also do the daily quests. Just make sure to pick up the daily area first, and then when you finish it pick up the "do two bonus objectives" quest. Both from Vol'mar

Thanks for posting these.

Go Pats!!
just noticed your avatar

Tenebrous

Thanks. It seems the Garrison Missives work for me, despite conflicting reports on Wowhead, so I'm just doing those.

85/121 Garrison achieves. 0/18 Invasions >.>

Granadier

I've had a single invasion since 6.0. I'm convinced they just patched them out.

ampere

I've had a single invasion since 6.0. I'm convinced they just patched them out.

Nah, but you *have* to do weekly apexis areas to get them to spawn, and the "negative reputation" resets weekly. So basically unless you go do the same apexis objective twice in one week (not the Tanaan ones) you'll never see an invasion. I always used group finder to get invasion groups after I finished the questing achievements though, was easier than doing the apexis objectives.

Tenebrous

Funny thing... I did a missive, and had the invasion pop. Invited 2 people, and got 7 achievements in one run. (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plat, Iron Horde, Better with Friends, It's An Invasion!)

Im torn on garrison gold. I absolutely love being able to make 100k+ a month by taking 5 minutes a day to send some pixels to work. It enables me to pay for me and my wife via tokens. I dont think Ill be able to make near that much with any profession. I at least hope they leave cata raids alone. Between my 5 characters, that gets me close. If the token drops, it should cover it.

I don't see them leaving established garrisons untouched either. There's going to be some farewell event to Draenor or it will get blown up by the Legion being literally dropped on it courtesy of shiny Gul'Dan. Maybe it will be as simple as all of your followers have answered the call to defend Azeroth and now your garrison is kind of empty. They want to funnel you into Class Halls and clicking stuff there instead of being back in your Garrison on Draenor still.

I still think it's really weird that elemental is using fist weapons and enhancement is hammers.

Fist weapon and a shield. It's weird.

I don't see them leaving established garrisons untouched either. There's going to be some farewell event to Draenor or it will get blown up by the Legion being literally dropped on it courtesy of shiny Gul'Dan. Maybe it will be as simple as all of your followers have answered the call to defend Azeroth and now your garrison is kind of empty. They want to funnel you into Class Halls and clicking stuff there instead of being back in your Garrison on Draenor still.

Fist weapon and a shield. It's weird.

Im not sure what they will do. They cant disrupt those that dont upgrade. I mean, they could, but that could piss off a lot of people. Not everyone will be able to upgrade right away.

ampere

Elvinelol interviewed a dev at Blizzcon and they said they'd be nerfing or removing the gold missions the Garrisons have.

Daniel R

I just got an e-mail with alpha invite. I have a single 13/13 mythic run that I pain gold for from early december. Superhappy about this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Elvinelol interviewed a dev at Blizzcon and they said they'd be nerfing or removing the gold missions the Garrisons have.

I mean the lack of gold will hurt but good.

I'm tired of logging on all my alts just because it's so efficient.

I still say the start of Legion should be Gul'Dan leveling your garrison to paste

Fjordson

Think I'm nearing the end of the Legendary questline. Just need to do the legendary Shipyard missions and get 33 Chaos Tomes from HFC.

Has anyone done it recently? Wondering what the drop rates are like.

Tenebrous

Think I'm nearing the end of the Legendary questline. Just need to do the legendary Shipyard missions and get 33 Chaos Tomes from HFC.

Has anyone done it recently? Wondering what the drop rates are like.

Like 60%, I think. My best week I got 10~, and on the worst week I still got 5 or 6. Should take 6 weeks with average luck.

Oh man deathcharger's reins just dropped for me. woooo

Woo!
What year is it?

Tenebrous

I'm just playing. Are you Alliance? It's cool to have a Horde mount if you're Alliance & vice versa. Everyone used to farm for the Tiger as Horde.

Robin64

I still don't have Deathchargers, but I play Horde so I only try for it every so often. I'm at about 75 kills at this point, since tracking came on for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may finish up my legendary ring on my Shaman and then let my sub lapse. There's very little reason for me to continue playing right now other than abusing gold missions until Legion is out and getting the BOA stuff which I don't honestly care that much about. Even transmog farming seems dumb because I could just wait til the new system is in place and farm the stuff quicker and more efficiently.

WoW is really lucky it's the only game I have that I don't fully focus on. It's my only 'watch a video' game going right now.

Syf

Banned
Any chance they might patch in the new transmog system before Legion? I've been saving up all the cool looking gear in anticipation of that and it's starting to pile up..

Top Bottom