• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Blacksmith Weapon and Inscription Weapon upgrades for sure are the highest. Savage ones (60 felblight) are selling for 25k or so pretty consistently. But others aren't too far behind. Those are the two out-lyres though.

I suppose you are buying the felblights from the AH? Can't see myself farming herbs or ores in tanaans until I get 60 of them.

Fjordson

Geared enough now to where I can easily solo Elegon. And so begins my next mount grind.

Also been working on my transmog. Really liking it except for the gloves.

Mr20v0o.jpg

What's funny is that sword is from raid finder Dragon Soul, think it looks even better than the higher difficulties (and I needed the blue to match). I think heroic is purple and normal is like red/orange.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I suppose you are buying the felblights from the AH? Can't see myself farming herbs or ores in tanaans until I get 60 of them.

Yep, I'm usually a buyer at 100g per, sometimes 105. I also do Kazzak each week on all my 100's which helps a little bit. Anything higher than 100g and you are risking your profits due to other mat costs. These days its hard to find some at that price point but on Kazzak day, you can usually score some.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Geared enough now to where I can easily solo Elegon. And so begins my next mount grind.

Also been working on my transmog. Really liking it except for the gloves.

What's funny is that sword is from raid finder Dragon Soul, think it looks even better than the higher difficulties (and I needed the blue to match). I think heroic is purple and normal is like red/orange.

This image isn't even large, but that site you used brought me back to the 90's and dial up internet.

Granadier

Lmao the image host? I remember seeing it recommended in the PC screenshots thread OP a while back and have been using it ever since.

I think it's because they don't compress the image at all.

imgur is far faster though. I'm not sure why abload makes a 2mb image take > 30 seconds to load.
5006165906.png

edit: Unrelated to the image host, your transmog is looking sliiiiick!!!

Fjordson

Oh damn, thanks for the tip. Didn't realize it was so slow.

And yeah, I'm pretty happy with the overall look. So glad Blizz made it possible to queue for old raids in LFR.

ampere

Oh damn, thanks for the tip. Didn't realize it was so slow.

And yeah, I'm pretty happy with the overall look. So glad Blizz made it possible to queue for old raids in LFR.

Yeah it was a little silly that old LFR gear was more exclusive than the heroic stuff hehe.

Nobbel's thoughts on the Doomhammer artifact questline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4C5S0H4VQ&feature=youtu.be

Looks like players who are unhappy with the escalation of scale and spectacle may have the same problems with Legion's narrative if this early questing content isn't alpha placeholder.

Can anyone tell me how shields look on male Draenei? Do they clip bad or float away from the arm or back?

They look fine, there's the normal cape clipping when sheathed and walking or riding. Level a Draenei Holy Pali to 70 and it never bothered me. You get big and imposing without the goofy things like the shoulders you get on an orc for example.

This was the highlight of my night. Definitely something that should be dealt with outside of the game.

2obXsDT.png

You're encountering all of these weirdos on Alli Dalaran?

Granadier

This was the highlight of my night. Definitely something that should be dealt with outside of the game.

2obXsDT.png

They look fine, there's the normal cape clipping when sheathed and walking or riding. Level a Draenei Holy Pali to 70 and it never bothered me. You get big and imposing without the goofy things like the shoulders you get on an orc for example.

Good to know. I'm going to give shaman another chance and give more time to elemental so I wanted to make sure the shields will look ok. I get so annoyed when they are shown floating away from the character.

2obXsDT.png

So what did you choose?

JSoup

Banned

2obXsDT.png

Had one the other day where a guy wasn't doing so great because his kids were bugging him. Someone initiates a kick vote on the grounds that "parents should be watching their kids, no playing wow".

mclem

ZenaxPure

That feel when blingtron hits on 4 toons at once...$$$$$$

It feels good, which speaking of, for some reason I got 6 champion's honor this week and the price of them went back up to ~13k (been sitting at like 7-9k for weeks on my server). No idea how any of that happened but it's freakin' awesome.

I just resubbed a few days ago - is there anything I should try and get done before Legion is released that won't be available afterward? Working on the Legendary Ring at the moment but the shipyard takes a while...

(I'm on Kazzak EU if there are any other GAF'ers around there - I don't know anyone really who still plays this game and running around guildless!)

It feels good, which speaking of, for some reason I got 6 champion's honor this week and the price of them went back up to ~13k (been sitting at like 7-9k for weeks on my server). No idea how any of that happened but it's freakin' awesome.

How many characters do you have?

Tenebrous

I just resubbed a few days ago - is there anything I should try and get done before Legion is released that won't be available afterward? Working on the Legendary Ring at the moment but the shipyard takes a while...

(I'm on Kazzak EU if there are any other GAF'ers around there - I don't know anyone really who still plays this game and running around guildless!)

Nothing comes to mind except the Archmonde HC mount. If you have the gold, you might want to consider buying the BRF/HFC Mythic mounts before the droprate is nerfed in Legion.

Syf

Banned
LFR Archimonde last night. went alright last week so figured no problem

barely slept, not sure if I can count on a good night's sleep ever again

mrw doomfire is literally everywhere

Tacitus_

Had one the other day where a guy wasn't doing so great because his kids were bugging him. Someone initiates a kick vote on the grounds that "parents should be watching their kids, no playing wow".

That's what the other parent is for. We joke occasionally about when one of our raiders is going to let her hubby play again.

Tenebrous

Great. I never finished SoO on LFR, so it'd be nice to clear up my profile a bit (how sad is that).

... Speaking of which, I really should do MSV10HC.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
hits = you found something in the package? the mount? doesn't it sell for like 89k? or it's higher on your server?
and isn't bligntron account wide?

I think he meant the Blingtron garrison mission, which gives like 1000g without any treasure hunters.

Yeah, he meant the garrison follower mission which hands out gold, which is made ridiculous by follower gold gain.

Yeah, that's not bad at all. How are shields on the goblin you have?

No problem with shields on my goblin, although some holstered weapons and some shields do clip through each other to a minor degree. The only thing I find problematic are fist weapons because half of virtually all fist weapons clip through the ground.

Tenebrous

Stuck on the 4th boss in MSV 10HC. Lacking the DPS to get the boss down before the second Pinning Arrow (I trinket the first). If anyone fancies helping me out, I'll pass the mount should it drop from Elegon.

Never mind. Just beat the bastard.

Tenebrous

Looks perfect. Only thing that bothers me about Goblins & Gnomes is the amount of clipping that goes on. Val'anyr practically splits my gnome in two.

Granadier

You're encountering all of these weirdos on Alli Dalaran?

Yep. This and there's a surprising amount of utterly clueless new players. I honestly didn't expect this many people to actually be starting out WoW fresh.

So what did you choose?

I voted no. Wanted to see the fight play out in party chat. So did the rest of the party, haha.

Yep. This and there's a surprising amount of utterly clueless new players. I honestly didn't expect this many people to actually be starting out WoW fresh.

And so many of them are hunters! I've been in quite a few parties hit with a Gnomeregan Hunter pet train while leveling up my gnome mage. To be fair though the game is kind of shit at explaining to new players about dealing with pets, growl, pathing and what not. It took creating a pet train of my own with a warlock to learn that your pet won't just jump down with you, it will path its way to you and draw every mob with it.

Granadier

And so many of them are hunters! I've been in quite a few parties hit with a Gnomeregan Hunter pet train while leveling up my gnome mage. To be fair though the game is kind of shit at explaining to new players about dealing with pets, growl, pathing and what not. It took creating a pet train of my own with a warlock to learn that your pet won't just jump down with you, it will path its way to you and draw every mob with it.

Right!? There's hunters everywhere! I think a lot of frustrations would be alleviated if warriors or mages were looked at as the go-to "noob" class. That or finally get rid of the silly skills that hunters have that enable them to fuck over an entire group.

edit: Hunters and death knights are the most popular classes on Dalaran by far.

8PlSSCH.png

Tenebrous

Turn off all cloaks.

It's sad that this is needed, and there's no chance of a physics fix while WoW still uses this engine & caters to everyone (which they should). Having a two hander noticeably push your cape against your armor, without clipping, would be huge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nobbel's thoughts on the Doomhammer artifact questline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB4C5S0H4VQ&feature=youtu.be

Looks like players who are unhappy with the escalation of scale and spectacle may have the same problems with Legion's narrative if this early questing content isn't alpha placeholder.

The NPCs are incompetent fools though. They've been lazily sitting around doing nothing or popping up at 1% of a raid boss to steal the kill while a bunch of mercenaries do all the heavy lifting.

The only real problem I have with this is what they do with the expansion after this. Hopefuly it's a MOP style 'everything is new so your old shit don't mean shit*' expansion

*except when everything was old gods

Tacitus_

The NPCs are incompetent fools though. They've been lazily sitting around doing nothing or popping up at 1% of a raid boss to steal the kill while a bunch of mercenaries do all the heavy lifting.

The only real problem I have with this is what they do with the expansion after this. Hopefuly it's a MOP style 'everything is new so your old shit don't mean shit*' expansion

*except when everything was old gods

Worst part of that video was Thrall bitching about Doomhammer giving him the cold shoulder after he killed Garrosh. Kill stealing asshole.

Top Bottom