• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Quick question about valor upgrades and starting mythic dungeons...

I have a few 685 pieces (ironpelt gloves and legs). Should I spend valor to upgrade these?

How do I get started with mythic dungeons? I've tried to queue with the finder but get declined. I figure maybe they see my ilvl (678) and turn me down? Maybe they just aren't needing a melee dps? My guild is pretty much dead, so I don't have guildmates to queue with. How did you guys start out w/ mythics?

Fjordson

I have a few 685 pieces (ironpelt gloves and legs). Should I spend valor to upgrade these?

How do I get started with mythic dungeons? I've tried to queue with the finder but get declined. I figure maybe they see my ilvl (678) and turn me down? Maybe they just aren't needing a melee dps? My guild is pretty much dead, so I don't have guildmates to queue with. How did you guys start out w/ mythics?
I'm kinda wondering this as well. I'm 692, not sure if I'm geared enough to do Mythic dungeons.

And really, these days you have to be overgeared for shit. People in pugs want to faceroll every dungeon and raid.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

what other gear do you have?

you should upgrade your best pieces first and then go backwards. Mythic dungeons drop 700 gear, don't they? you should just run more mythic dungeons and upgrade all of your gear regardless.

what other gear do you have?

you should upgrade your best pieces first and then go backwards. Mythic dungeons drop 700 gear, don't they? you should just run more mythic dungeons and upgrade all of your gear regardless.

685 is my highest, rest of my stuff is between 670 and 681.

I haven't been able to get into a mythic yet, but would like to.

This is my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Tobiasfunke/simple

I need to gem and enchant just about everything.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

This is my armory link:

upgrade your pants then your gloves for now. as soon as you get weapons you can upgrade, then do those. you should be getting gear naturally through the mythic dungeon grind, so upgrade whatever you get that is 685 or more.

if gear is the same ilvl or you have extra valor, priority should be something like this:

1 - weapons, 2 - legs/chest/helm, 3 - shoulders/gloves, 4 - trinkets, 5 - belt/wrists/neck/rings/cloak

saving valor won't help your item level and when you get a new piece, just do a couple more dungeons to get enough valor to upgrade that one before you use it.

as far as the queuing question, use the group finder to find some mythic groups.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
As far as I know Mythics are tuned for 675ish. You have more than enough gear for them imo but half of it is running with people you know. It's almost all just mechanics.

Mythics are tunes for only 675? That seems crazy low.

This is my armory link:

Go to ashran.

Get the manual of pickpocket.

Go near the enemy base and pickpocket every player than runs by.

Turn in fragments for 3 honor each.

You will be honor capped in less than an hour. Add 30 ilevels to your weapons. Do the same for any other pieces you want to get up to ilvl 700. No PVP required.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Doomhammer is Mjolnir and Thrall is Thor. Got it.

That means my Orc is the superior
562276-beta_ray_bill_dougie_braithwaite18.jpg

No problem with shields on my goblin, although some holstered weapons and some shields do clip through each other to a minor degree. The only thing I find problematic are fist weapons because half of virtually all fist weapons clip through the ground.

Though that shield is abnormally large.

The minor clipping of the weapon, shield and cloak are the most common thing I've seen I've seen on my goblin. No problem with shields.

Not bad. I like how shields look on goblins. I don't mind some clipping just as long as the shield isn't trying to escape away from the character.

ZenaxPure

Finally passed a million gold today, feels kinda weird since I never saw myself doing it ever. Not really a gold hoarder or anything either but there hasn't been anything I wanted to dump gold on in a while, the 5 TCG mounts I still need have not been on my AH in months.

Been watching the BMAH a lot lately and while I would like a lot of the items you can only get from there most of them go for more than I'd want to spend regardless of how much gold I have. Like no, Tabard of Fury, you are not pretty enough for me to want to spend 130k gold on you.

ZenaxPure

Well, it drops 680 by default - warforged procs aside - so that sounds a bit high, if anything.

Yeah, it's actually tuned for around 660.

Keep in mind that BRF LFR only gave 650 gear, they couldn't really push the numbers for mythic dungeons higher without making it content that only people who were doing heroic/mythic BRF were capable of when the patch came out which would be counter productive since mythic dungeons were mostly aimed at people who weren't really interested in raiding in the first place.

That ilvl might seem crazy low now, but, mythic dungeons have been around for over half a year now and your gearing options were vastly limited before they were put in.

JSoup

Banned
I'm guessing at this point, for someone who has never run above LFR and it decked out mostly in Normal gear via chests from the Timewalking events, the best way to get your ilvl to point where Normal and Heroic runners are going to bitch is to dump all Valor into ring upgrades. Thoughts?

Tenebrous

I'm guessing at this point, for someone who has never run above LFR and it decked out mostly in Normal gear via chests from the Timewalking events, the best way to get your ilvl to point where Normal and Heroic runners are going to bitch is to dump all Valor into ring upgrades. Thoughts?

Well, if you have nothing else to upgrade, then that's the way to go. Could get some gear from the AH (three 725 armor pieces 6/6 +10iLvls from upgrade, boots/belt from HFC trash).

Tenebrous

Fair enough. I'll be chasing that damn Blazing Drake forever.

I have 6 characters I'd like to "recover" from my old twink account. Transfering them over to main account would cost... £102. Fucking hell, Blizzard.

Why do I have to play through these MoP trial arena things to play Draenor dungeons on Heroic? Shouldn't completing the Draenor dungeon on Normal be enough to permit me to play through the same dungeon on Heroic? The mechnics you deal with in the MoP trials aren't what you deal with in the dungeons outside of having to interrupt spells. I don't get it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Why do I have to play through these MoP trial arena things to play Draenor dungeons on Heroic? Shouldn't completing the Draenor dungeon on Normal be enough to permit me to play through the same dungeon on Heroic? The mechnics you deal with in the MoP trials aren't what you deal with in the dungeons outside of having to interrupt spells. I don't get it.

This is one of the things I never understood.

Eklipsis

I have a ret pally alt that I would like to try tanking (I've only played dps). Any suggestions on a how to or youtube video that will help?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Completing five man dungeons isn't really a usable metric for performance. People can be asleep at the wheel and just get carried by other people. The MoP trials are not challenging but it serves as one of the few training barometers in the game that a player can test themselves against.

Do the BoA ring missions only show up in the shipyard if you finish your legendary ring?

Did you kill the NPC in tanaan and complete his quest? They wont show up with out that. I figured that out the hard way. I only rectified that 2 weeks ago. I got the str and int rings 2-3 days latter on back to back mission. I havent seen the agil one and its been over a week. :(

Tacitus_

Ugh, couldn't kill Archi on a 715+ hc raid, or a normal raid. Another week of missing ring upgrade.

People are just so mind numbingly bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you kill the NPC in tanaan and complete his quest? They wont show up with out that. I figured that out the hard way. I only rectified that 2 weeks ago. I got the str and int rings 2-3 days latter on back to back mission. I havent seen the agil one and its been over a week. :(

Which NPC?

Completing five man dungeons isn't really a usable metric for performance. People can be asleep at the wheel and just get carried by other people. The MoP trials are not challenging but it serves as one of the few training barometers in the game that a player can test themselves against.

This is one of the problems I have with WoW. Normal gameplay in pve and dungeons should be the training for the harder gameplay in the higher diffculty dungeons and raids. It shouldn't just be this faceroll story mode where you can mash your face on your keyboard and progress.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is one of the problems I have with WoW. Normal gameplay in pve and dungeons should be the training for the harder gameplay in the higher diffculty dungeons and raids. It shouldn't just be this faceroll story mode where you can mash your face on your keyboard and progress.
In general, MMORPGs have been overly wary with systems transparency. I'm not really a fan personally. The epitome of this would probably be something like FFXIV, where you have hard DPS checks (like any other MMORPG), but posting damage logs is explicitly forbidden. WoW has the same problem where the numbers are all available...but they really aren't properly tallied and presented to players at any point. I'd really like to see scoreboards after bosses or once the dungeon is complete that highlights player participation through healing, damage done, and damage mitigated. This kind of thing would also serve as an ideal platform for Blizzard to co-opt the commendation system from FFXIV.

ampere

In general, MMORPGs have been overly wary with systems transparency. I'm not really a fan personally. The epitome of this would probably be something like FFXIV, where you have hard DPS checks (like any other MMORPG), but posting damage logs is explicitly forbidden. WoW has the same problem where the numbers are all available...but they really aren't properly tallied and presented to players at any point. I'd really like to see scoreboards after bosses or once the dungeon is complete that highlights player participation through healing, damage done, and damage mitigated. This kind of thing would also serve as an ideal platform for Blizzard to co-opt the commendation system from FFXIV.

The problem is that when they do do this, (see battle ground scoreboards) people quickly misinterpret the data and yell at each other like idiots. So it doesn't really help.

For content that is hard enough for player participation to matter, players are tallying damage, etc on their own and the savvier players know how to properly analyze it. If one of our raiders is top damage on a fight but ignoring the priority target, they're getting a whisper from the officers about it.

JSoup

Banned
Well, if you have nothing else to upgrade, then that's the way to go. Could get some gear from the AH (three 725 armor pieces 6/6 +10iLvls from upgrade, boots/belt from HFC trash).

Well, I'm sitting at 698 currently, and most of what I'm seeing on my realms AH isn't much of an upgrade, stat wise.

Tenebrous

Fully upgraded crafted gear rarely shows up on the AH, but it does cap out at 715, which can be furthered to 725 with Valor. Being able to reroll for the perfect stats make a lot of the crafted items BiS until Mythic HFC (or until you get amazing luck in a Mythic dungeon).

Zelias

Banned
Finally thought I was gonna get 2 set tier... and then the master looter of the pug decided to give the tier legs to his guildmate instead. Sigh.

Least I should get the ring this week.

Enjoyable first week back! I got some gear and joined a guild which ran me through Hellfire Citadel on normal, cool place :) definitely gets better as it goes on. First couple of encounters were lame but the final bunch were all brilliant.

Been looking at some stuff about Legion. Are the Class Order halls effectively a version of Acherus for each different class? As in you will see other players on your realm running around them as opposed to a personal Garrison?

What's this transmog? I want to borrow it.

Looks like a recolour of the Mage Tier 8 set.

Robin64

Been looking at some stuff about Legion. Are the Class Order halls effectively a version of Acherus for each different class? As in you will see other players on your realm running around them as opposed to a personal Garrison?

Basically, yeah. They'll have more function than the current Acherus, though.

Top Bottom