• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Why not Weak Auras? By far the best way to do those two.

If not Weak Auras you could try Tell Me When http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen

Though I'm not sure if it can do the rage bar

Can never set it up perfectly, and that Aura I linked a few pages back left me unable to click a portion of my screen.

Going to try EnergyWatch for the rage bar.

Edit2: Sigh, I know WeakAuras is the way to go, so I'll stick with it... Just trying to figure out how to get it to yell at me when I'm above 60 rage. And how the fuck do I get it to not turn off the options menu every time I hit a target dummy?

Edit3: I think I've got what I needed.

ZenaxPure

OK, sounds like it won't happen right now then. I should hit 100 today then we'll see, once I've learned the Garrison properly I can maybe think about starting an alt, but I'm not really up for levelling again right now, want to gear up and do all the fun stuff at 100 first. I have enough gold for this month as my friend quit and gave me 50k which was nice, so that gives me just over a month to get it sorted.

fwiw you should unlock Draenor flying before you level alts anyway because once you have it unlocked you can level alts from 90-100 in like an hour or two without doing any quests. Very fast process thanks to treasures/bonus objectives and the 300% bonus xp elixir you can buy very cheaply on the AH.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
fwiw you should unlock Draenor flying before you level alts anyway because once you have it unlocked you can level alts from 90-100 in like an hour or two without doing any quests. Very fast process thanks to treasures/bonus objectives and the 300% bonus xp elixir you can buy very cheaply on the AH.

I can't unlock Tanaan yet as I need to upgrade my Garrison. For now I'm just going to do all the zones for gold and currency.

OK, sounds like it won't happen right now then. I should hit 100 today then we'll see, once I've learned the Garrison properly I can maybe think about starting an alt, but I'm not really up for levelling again right now, want to gear up and do all the fun stuff at 100 first. I have enough gold for this month as my friend quit and gave me 50k which was nice, so that gives me just over a month to get it sorted.

If you're just hitting 100 now, you will have some humps to get over first with upgrading your garrison. That gold will help, a lot actually, once you buy the plans for all of the buildings and can upgrade them (trading post is purely gold costs I believe), you might want to look at grabbing five or six Frozen Arms if they're sitting at 500 gold or something you deem reasonable. Your only hurdle is probably going to be garrison resources.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I've been researching something for the past couple weeks and it just dawned on me that some of you might be a big help

So I've been farming old raids for trinkets and gear lately to twink out timewalking dungeons. Basically getting SoO gemslot gear, along with the OP avenging wrath set bonus from the tier set.

But I've been having problems pinpointing the best healing trinkets to use. Any suggestions? Looking for something Cataclysm or later so I can use them for BC and Wrath timewalking.

Tenebrous

I have Weakauras sorted now, I think. Deleting the premade collections and starting from scratch allowed me to put together something really simple but effective.

By the way, did anyone see the latest Wowhead Artifact video? Look what we're getting!

I've been researching something for the past couple weeks and it just dawned on me that some of you might be a big help

So I've been farming old raids for trinkets and gear lately to twink out timewalking dungeons. Basically getting SoO gemslot gear, along with the OP avenging wrath set bonus from the tier set.

But I've been having problems pinpointing the best healing trinkets to use. Any suggestions? Looking for something Cataclysm or later so I can use them for BC and Wrath timewalking.

Ghost Iron Dragonling is a great trinket for engineers of all specs & classes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you're just hitting 100 now, you will have some humps to get over first with upgrading your garrison. That gold will help, a lot actually, once you buy the plans for all of the buildings and can upgrade them (trading post is purely gold costs I believe), you might want to look at grabbing five or six Frozen Arms if they're sitting at 500 gold or something you deem reasonable. Your only hurdle is probably going to be garrison resources.

I have to say I'm getting a bit burned out with this whole Garrison thing, I just want to do BGs, dungeons and LFR really on my Resto Shaman but I have to sod about so much before I can actually get to do what I want to do. I wish flying was just a 1000g licence or whatever.

It's boring, so boring, but once it's done you can passively earn a lot just logging in twice a day to click a few things.

Also if the garrison is burning you out this early, I wouldn't bother with the shipyard outside of the initial quests required to trigger Tanaan opening up.

Shadowmoon Valley and what the Iron Horde does to the Draenei is a hell of a lot worse and darker than the blood feud between the Thunderlords and Frostwolves in Frostfire Ridge. The Draenei in Shadowmoon are being massacred.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shadowmoon Valley and what the Iron Horde does to the Draenei is a hell of a lot worse and darker than the blood feud between the Thunderlords and Frostwolves in Frostfire Ridge. The Draenei in Shadowmoon are being massacred.
screenshot here of grommash hellscream celebrating with everyone over archimonde's body.

draenor is free.

So I have been doing Ashran all week and bought a bunch of PVP gear. My ilvl is 701 now.

A few items were either mastery/haste or crit/haste... so I had to get some haste (not a good stat for assassination). Other than those pieces, most of the pvp gear was mastery/crit which is perfect.

I was hitting the raider training dummy in org and I'm doing between 23-24k without using cooldowns.

Is this decent? I just installed recount so I really have no idea what other players DPS has been in raids.

Tenebrous

That's pretty poor, honestly. There was a monk in my guild doing similar amounts of single target DPS during week one normal Highmaul. You'll be more than fine in an LFR group, though!

Target dummy dps is misleading, and the numbers will be different spec-by-spec because some specs are reliant on execute phases and things like that which the dummies don't simulate.

Your best bet is to hop into lfr and see what kind of damage you can do on an actual boss mob. I'd expect 35-40k from a pvp geared sin rogue. You'll see people with lower ilevel do way more damage if they have pve set bonuses and trinkets.

Arms is still really good but you have to cheese out all of the executes that you can. When you're just sitting there dpsing a boss it's depressing, but when an add pops up and you get a couple sweeping strikes executes on it at the end you shoot up in damage.

It's funny because when there are two arms wars in the same raid, they sort of screw each other out of damage by killing adds too quickly between 20% and 0, so they both get half as many executes off.

Tenebrous

Yeah the fact that everything in PvE for Arms has to be balanced around the execute phase is sucky. I've stuck with it as my OS though as it's always been the PvP spec of choice, and I never really raid properly as Arms anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm scared for Enhancement in Legion. Every time Blizz has drastically changed a Shaman spec, they've fucked it to hell and back. That said, Shaman have needed a complete rework longer than any other spec. Been fucked up since Cataclysm.

That's pretty poor, honestly. There was a monk in my guild doing similar amounts of single target DPS during week one normal Highmaul. You'll be more than fine in an LFR group, though!

I did the 2nd to last HFC raid on LFR. I was doing about 33-35k on the bosses with buffs. Pretty low considering the top ten guys were like 40-70k dps.

I have all my stuff enchanted and I'm doing the exact rotation described on icy veins. Not sure what else I could do.

I don't use pots/flasks or runes maybe I need to do that.

Mythic dungeons drop what? ilvl 700 stuff?

I did the 2nd to last HFC raid on LFR. I was doing about 33-35k on the bosses with buffs. Pretty low considering the top ten guys were like 40-70k dps.

I have all my stuff enchanted and I'm doing the exact rotation described on icy veins. Not sure what else I could do.

I don't use pots/flasks or runes maybe I need to do that.

Mythic dungeons drop what? ilvl 700 stuff?

Quality of weapons, trinkets, and whether or not you have set bonuses are huuuuuge factors. My 706 rogue with 695 weapons, pretty shitty trinkets and no set bonuses sims to a theoretical single target dps of ~44.5k. You're probably not doing too far behind your potential in the gear you're in.

Tenebrous

Quality of weapons, trinkets, and whether or not you have set bonuses are huuuuuge factors. My 706 rogue with 695 weapons, pretty shitty trinkets and no set bonuses sims to a theoretical single target dps of ~44.5k. You're probably not doing too far behind your potential in the gear you're in.

Too much so, in my opinion. Some of the T18 (4) set bonuses are ridiculous.
Maybe I'll like them more once I get mine

Mythics drop 685 gear baseline, but can warforge roll all the way upto 725 (735 valor upgraded), which makes some mythic dungeon loot better than anything that drops in heroic HFC.

Definitely try find yourself a group.

screenshot here of grommash hellscream celebrating with everyone over archimonde's body.

draenor is free.

I went from Horde-side puzzled to Alliance-side incredulous. I haven't even finished playing through Shadowmoon Valley, Grommash's "redemption" doesn't make any sense and is the most hackneyed thing in WoD's story, which is saying something.

This really does feel like it's the expansion made by interns.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They probably had plans for Draenei lore then halfway trhough realized nobody gives a fawk about draenei except for people who like to transmog platekinis
tumblr_moanemziSB1rrvi5so1_500.gif

As a wise man once said the shit apple doesn't fall far from the shit tree.
I wish I could find of video link of Jim Lahey saying that...it's just a crass way of saying like father, like son

Edit: Holy crap I'm making stupid money for doing nothing but porting people around. It just paid for four building upgrades in my garrison. I may be a glorified taxi, but I am well-paid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Edit: Holy crap I'm making stupid money for doing nothing but porting people around. It just paid for four building upgrades in my garrison. I may be a glorified taxi, but I am well-paid.

If it makes you feel any better, I used to sit around in Everquest and selling Spirit of the Wolf(a run speed buff) all day and made pretty much all my platinum doing just that

Shahadan

Lol, from where are you doing this? with basically two hearthstones now I don't know why people would want mage portals.

Maybe for Dalaran, though.

Edit: Well, maybe when you're Horde and haven't yet unlock the lvl 3 garrison.

phierce

If it makes you feel any better, I used to sit around in Everquest and selling Spirit of the Wolf(a run speed buff) all day and made pretty much all my platinum doing just that
lol...yup! Used to sit in PoK selling KEI (and Mage summoned pet weps) like no tomorrow. Was glorious.

Lol, from where are you doing this? with basically two hearthstones now I don't know why people would want mage portals.

Everyone should have main hearth set to shrine anyway.

Dalaran ports from Stormwind mostly.

I don't know how easy it is to get to Dalaran from Stormwind--I boosted this gnome mage from 64--but it's dead simple from Orgrimmar or Brill. One blimp ride and a flightpath and you're in Dalaran in like two minutes for virtually no gold.

I just do portals when I hop back to Stormwind to use the bank and AH. I have no set price and don't ask for tips. but in a few minutes and I've been walking away with a few thousand gold. Portals have been paying for my garrison upgrades. There's been a port to Shrine, a port to Theramore, mostly just Dalaran.

I am not complaining that more people don't have their hearth set to Shrine.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dalaran ports from Stormwind mostly.

I don't know how easy it is to get to Dalaran from Stormwind-I boosted this gnome mage from 64--but it's dead simple from Orgrimmar or Brill. One blimp ride and a flightpath and you're in Dalaran in like two minutes for virtually no gold.

I just do portals when I hop back to Stormwind to use the bank and AH. I have no set price and don't ask for tips. but in a few minutes and I've been walking away with a few thousand gold. Portals have been paying for my garrison upgrades. There's been a port to Shrine, a port to Theramore, mostly just Dalaran.

I am not complaining that more people don't have their hearth set to Shrine.

About as easy as Horde. You take a boat from Stormwind harbor which brings you to Borean Tundra. Then you take a fligthpath from there.

ampere

That's true. No better time than the present to run through some LFR & see the true damage you can do.

Speaking of which, Arms is apparently really shit now... Makes me sad. I've always preferred it to Fury, but it might be time for me to make the switch, even if it's only for OS.

Arms is boring, but don't take that Noxxic dps ranking seriously. Stack ranking dps specs using sims is bad and not why people make sims.

Arms is very strong and amazing on fights with important execute phases. Particularly Tyrant Velhari

Tenebrous

I'll take your word for it. I'm playing prot and the only DPS warr in our guild is fury, and since I've never had to go OS in the 3 weeks I've been raiding again, I've not had a chance to test it.

Looking forward to now I have Worldbreaker's Resolve, though.

ampere

A better way to analyze a spec's performance would be to use Warcraft Logs, but even then it's not perfect. People tend to gravitate towards specs and talents that are decided as the best, even if the difference isn't that significant, and that plays into how specs rank.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

Difficulty, time range, percentile, and the like can be customized to get what you are looking for, and you can always look at individual logs as well.

I always assume everyone does, since it makes the most sense, but I've been proven wrong countless times. Weird.

I have my hearth stone set to Pandaria/Summers Rest on all my characters (even the non 100s) because it has portals to every city right there. Theres a tower to war spear inside the warcheifs tower in org, so its a q uick trip there if i ever need to go.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
A neutral faction would be nice...

id like to see a villain faction. Its one of the things i loved about Warcraft 3. You would get to see the story unfold from multiple perspectives. Blizzard wouldnt need to make a permanent faction but instead one for every xpac. Say in TBC you would get access to Illidari, WotLK you would be Scourge, Iron Horde in WoD, etc. Each xpac villain faction would have its own classes so each xpac would have very different gameplay for them without introducing new classes and races for the main game. Some factions would be race and class (Mogu and Zandalari/Twilights Hammer cultist) while others the class gameplay would be baked into racial/species choice (crypt fiends, wraiths, and lichs all play differently). Tie it all up into progression with your main character by unlocking things on both sides by playing the other (first Garrison invasion happens when your Iron Horde character causes it to happen).

It will never happen but would be a great way to make each xpac really stand out while being able to fill in huge gaps in story ("who the fuck are all these instance/raid bosses?" would turn into "Oh, thats the lady i did quests with them on my Illidari").

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I went from Horde-side puzzled to Alliance-side incredulous. I haven't even finished playing through Shadowmoon Valley, Grommash's "redemption" doesn't make any sense and is the most hackneyed thing in WoD's story, which is saying something.

This really does feel like it's the expansion made by interns.

Shadowmoon Valley kicks the shit out of Frostfall though aesthetic wise.

rush777

Do people need to go to pandaria that often that they want their HS there? Warspear also has portals to every racial capital.

I think two moons has the most portals of any major city. All my characters hearths are set there. Makes running old raids for mounts easily accessible.

Robin64

Two Moons has Shattrath, Dalaran, and Silvermoon. Warspear doesn't have those.
And the Garrison HS gets you to Warspear in seconds if you need to get there.

ampere

I went to Silvermoon for a recent holiday event, I think it was Brewfest. It was actually then that I realized that Warspear didn't have a Silvermoon portal... which was baffling. I guess they forgot to add one and nobody really brought it up so it never got fixed in beta.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I went to Silvermoon for a recent holiday event, I think it was Brewfest. It was actually then that I realized that Warspear didn't have a Silvermoon portal... which was baffling. I guess they forgot to add one and nobody really brought it up so it never got fixed in beta.

Considering there isnt even an Exodar portal in Stormshield either, i'm going to guess Blizzard figured nobody goes to these towns and said "fuck it".

Silvermoon and Exodar are so far out of the way and in their own instances, on top of that Darnassus and Undercity are better, more populated faction hubs to hearth to, it's not worth going back to either Silvermoon or Exodar once you have the faction bags. I don't get why people complain about Gnomeregan not being re-taken yet (not that anyone has in this thread). It's unnecessary to have another capital city when Ironforge is literally a minute away. You only need so many faction hubs for low level questing.

Just wrapped up Shadowmoon Valley's quest chain, I thought the end of Frostfire Ridge was epic, but the battle for the temple was on a whole other level. There's actually more lore to the Iron Horde in the Alliance starter zone than there is in the Horde one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Back when I was still playing and my server was pretty busy I'd use SMC to get away from it all. This was mainly pre-Cata so it was better than the other horde cities layout wise but also almost completely dead. Since I was a Mage I also got good business porting alts to Ogrimmar.

I was a bit sad that it didn't get any upgrades during Cata and now three expansions later they still haven't changed it from the day it launched.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, I've been watching two youtubers uploads of their Project 1999 playthrough and it's been really tempting to go back to that game before Legion hits.

Top Bottom