• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Used my free level 90 on a Warrior, going to tank my way to 100. I haven't tanked since level 60.

You'll be fine, but I wouldn't tank all the way from 90-100. Even with a set of BoAs, a run of BSM is going to net you 2 bars at most. Running that 20 times to get to Iron Docks would kill me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ufbr5ej.gif

This is insane

You should see my glorious legplates sale

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Damn, those elixirs of the rapid mind cost 2k! Thats a lot. I guess time is money but ouch.
2k should not be that much for most people. They were cheaper around Christmas time because they were dropping out of the Savage Gifts. I still have a bunch saved up from then.

Lomax

Now that my garrisons are actually making me gold instead of draining it, I'm shocked how cheap tokens still are on US servers.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
As a mage I have no idea where to set my hearthstone.

Portals get me everywhere I need to be it seems.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Playing P99(classic EQ) and I've been working on my epic for my Shadow Knight in my free time which I've mentioned on here from time to time. Honestly, I hope there's more to the artifacts than just the quest chain to get it. Because I love the idea of a lengthy, epic quest that is specific to your class of choice. That's what EQ did way back in the day with the epic weapon for the classes or SWG with lightsabers, tons of rp, tons of lore, tons of running all over the place and making it feel earned and unique from any other class. Making use of areas that usually set unused.

I know you get the artifact pretty early on but I'm really hoping that upgrading it continues this long, amazing questline to help you develop an affinity for your specific character.

.....I know it won't but let me believe for a moment.

dimb

There are 35 specs in Legion. Going hard on spec specific content seems like a real waste of dev time. It seems like Blizzard is already struggling to make some of the artifact acquisition quests interesting. It's obviously more "game-y" but the road they're on for progression to be based on repeatable content seems healthier for WoW. This progression path also has more gameplay based unlocks while powering up the weapon.

phierce

Playing P99(classic EQ) and I've been working on my epic for my Shadow Knight in my free time which I've mentioned on here from time to time. Honestly, I hope there's more to the artifacts than just the quest chain to get it. Because I love the idea of a lengthy, epic quest that is specific to your class of choice. That's what EQ did way back in the day with the epic weapon for the classes or SWG with lightsabers, tons of rp, tons of lore, tons of running all over the place and making it feel earned and unique from any other class. Making use of areas that usually set unused.

I know you get the artifact pretty early on but I'm really hoping that upgrading it continues this long, amazing questline to help you develop an affinity for your specific character.

.....I know it won't but let me believe for a moment.
I've been thinking about giving p99 a go since EQ is still # 1 for me, and I think I'd like to use this to pass the time, as well.

Where did you obtain your titanium install? (Please PM me if you'd rather not post).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are 35 specs in Legion. Going hard on spec specific content seems like a real waste of dev time.

Why? This just seems like an unacceptable excuse. Warlords of Draenor should have proven that Blizzard is slacking on content and ESPECIALLY on variety of content.

dimb

Developing great deals of content for extremely small subsets of the community just seems silly. I don't really know there's even much story to mine out of each specialization. These kinds of quest lines often just wind up feeling mandatory and linear to the class, which is one of the last things I'm interested in personally.

Blizzard isn't really slacking on content production, but poor project management left lots of work being redone or directed towards content that ultimately elicited a negative response from the community. Splitting focus on content creation between loads of different specs would only complicate their production pipeline further and creates content that doesn't lend itself to be played more than once. It's a miracle that the artifact weapon quests exist as it is.

My fire mage is both better and worse at solo'ing some of the legacy content than my Ele Shaman. I seem to melt groups and single targets faster in a lot of Vanilla, BC and WotLK content but struggle a bit in Cata raids in prolonged fights because of lack of sustain beyond two passives.

Mage just seems a lot more straight forward than Shaman.

Tenebrous

That's done

Congrats. It took me over 160 kills to get the Eye on my Warrior... My Paladin got it in 4.

My fire mage is both better and worse at solo'ing some of the legacy content than my Ele Shaman. I seem to melt groups and single targets faster in a lot of Vanilla, BC and WotLK content but struggle a bit in Cata raids in prolonged fights because of lack of sustain beyond two passives.

Mage just seems a lot more straight forward than Shaman.

Frost is the best spec for mage soloing thanks to the ludicrous amount of burst. I can get through all Cata content pretty easily in 675 gear with the help of ice block (regen ice glyph) > cold snap > ice block for Majodormo Executus.

Spec your Shaman enhancement and it'll put all your other soloing toons to shame.

HunRevan

Does anyone know how to macro to switch between 60 and 30 fps? I play on a macbook and it turns on the fans pretty quickly in Draenor areas when its 60 fps. For questing and dailys 30 is ideal for me. I made two different macros for each but I wonder if it can be made for one macro. Unfortunately google didn't really help me.

Edit: I don't want to bother with settings because when I change something it usually automatically sets everything to ultra settings.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, did Firelands 25H and made 1100g in about 15 minutes and I couldn't even do the last two bosses as the one before the last one shots you if you don't kill it fast enough and my gear is trash, apparently you just need to outgear it unless you're a Warlock. Still though, 1100g/week for 15 - 20 mins work is great.

Granadier

Does anyone know how to macro to switch between 60 and 30 fps? I play on a macbook and it turns on the fans pretty quickly in Draenor areas when its 60 fps. For questing and dailys 30 is ideal for me. I made two different macros for each but I wonder if it can be made for one macro. Unfortunately google didn't really help me.

Edit: I don't want to bother with settings because when I change something it usually automatically sets everything to ultra settings.

Heh, I'm in the same boat with my Macbook. Also the random Ultra settings is annoying as hell.

Made one to switch just for this reason.
Code:
/run local f=GetFramerate(); if f<32 then f=61 else f=31 end; SetCVar("maxFPS", f);

Tacitus_

Congrats. It took me over 160 kills to get the Eye on my Warrior... My Paladin got it in 4.

Frost is the best spec for mage soloing thanks to the ludicrous amount of burst. I can get through all Cata content pretty easily in 675 gear with the help of ice block (regen ice glyph) > cold snap > ice block for Majodormo Executus.

Spec your Shaman enhancement and it'll put all your other soloing toons to shame.

Surely you mean Staghelm? Executus lost his job after Molten Core.

In other news, finally got the chestpiece I needed out of Ulduar to complete my transmog, thank fuck. Just need the mount now.

Though I'll have to go there in Legion for transmog on other characters.

Tenebrous

In other news, finally got the chestpiece I needed out of Ulduar to complete my transmog, thank fuck. Just need the mount now.

Though I'll have to go there in Legion for transmog on other characters.

I've been thinking about systematically going through the dungeons now & collecting every available piece of plate, shield, & weapon on my Warrior... Not sure I can stomach that grind, though. Crazy how it's Legion's biggest selling point so far.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Will the new transmog system require purchasing Legion?

Probably not. Generally system improvements have been made baseline.

Correct. The old (current) transmog system will no longer exist in the game as of 7.0.

Also, wtf is this jade breastplate nonsense? Is it just an item people pay out the ass for for transmog?

Granadier

Probably not. Generally system improvements have been made baseline.

Correct. The old (current) transmog system will no longer exist in the game as of 7.0.

Also, wtf is this jade breastplate nonsense? Is it just an item people pay out the ass for for transmog?

That's what I thought. Just threw me off to refer to it as a "main selling point" of Legion.

---

RE: Jade breastplate. People will paying stupid amounts of gold so they can watch their character in a bikini.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The WoD CM weapons token to unlock all weapons regardless of class being used but not doing it for MOP CMs seems extra dumb

and I say that as someone with several MOP cm sets

Tenebrous

Slutmog is serious business. Farming Ramparts or Furnace for Bloodscale isn't a bad little grind as the instances come full circle.

ampere

The WoD CM weapons token to unlock all weapons regardless of class being used but not doing it for MOP CMs seems extra dumb

and I say that as someone with several MOP cm sets

Not really. The WoD reason is because otherwise Warriors have an unfair advantage and unlock all weapons, while no other class does.

Class specific armor is different.

ZenaxPure

Heh, I'm in the same boat with my Macbook. Also the random Ultra settings is annoying as hell.

Okay, I am glad this is not just a problem on my end. I've been changing settings a lot lately for RAF dual boxing but half the time when I change a setting everything gets switched to Ultra instead. It's one of the most frustrating things I've ever encountered in my life, menus constantly doing the exact opposite of what I tell them to do. It seriously drives me up a wall.

Granadier

Okay, I am glad this is not just a problem on my end. I've been changing settings a lot lately for RAF dual boxing but half the time when I change a setting everything gets switched to Ultra instead. It's one of the most frustrating things I've ever encountered in my life, menus constantly doing the exact opposite of what I tell them to do. It seriously drives me up a wall.

I think it's a known bug. Maybe it'll be changed in the pre-patch.

I figured I would need to add Arcane or Frost as the secondary, proper spec to do group content eventually but if Frost is better for solo'ing I'll give it a shot.

I can lose resto as a secondary spec, I haven't healed since leveling vanilla content but my main impediment to trying out a new spec would be gear. I guess I could try farming Tanaan.

Meier

I still have no clue how the transmog system even works to be honest. I obviously know what it is because I see people with gear that is listed as transmogrified, but I've opened the vendor windows in Warspear and it's completely confusing to me. I can't seem to actually do anything with the slots so I've just not bothered since it's pointless to me to be honest. Does it "eat" up the item whose appearance you take?

I'm not surprised to hear there is a big market for sexy gear on female characters though as I've seen that somewhat regularly.

Granadier

I still have no clue how the transmog system even works to be honest. I obviously know what it is because I see people with gear that is listed as transmogrified, but I've opened the vendor windows in Warspear and it's completely confusing to me. I can't seem to actually do anything with the slots so I've just not bothered since it's pointless to me to be honest. Does it "eat" up the item whose appearance you take?

I'm not surprised to hear there is a big market for sexy gear on female characters though as I've seen that somewhat regularly.

All that's needed is to go to the transmog dude and place an item you want the appearance of onto your equipped item in the window. Pay the gold fee and you're done.

Jijidasu

Hi guys, I recently started up again with some colleagues after a long time away from the game and I'm having some trouble readjusting, perhaps someone might have a solution for me.

I'm looking for an addon that controls the camera similar to how Wildstar and Black Desert does. The automatic mouse look controls the the direction of the camera and character without having to press any of the mouse buttons. Does anyone know of an addon that can provide this kind of play environment?

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT[ I think I found one: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mouselookhandler
But have yet to check if it still works (at work), still open to suggestions should any arise!

cdyhybrid

You just change the appearance of your item to the appearance of another item in your possession. Can be almost any item in your bags, bank, void storage, etc., as long as it's green quality or above. Doesn't cost anything other than gold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not really. The WoD reason is because otherwise Warriors have an unfair advantage and unlock all weapons, while no other class does.

Class specific armor is different.

Eh, they could have ruled some out for warriors like the staff and daggers if that was the case.

The whole thing about CMs was supposed to be that you earned it by knowing how to play your class but giving all the WOD weapon CMs away to anyone that earned them once throws that out the window.
Nice mog, m8.

Orc right?

I don't follow the game enough to know what you got but damn, your character looks badass.

Thanks. Lady Orc. I was always a fan of the Tier 4 set and found it underused, so I went with the PVP recolor and use the two polearms from Dragon Soul. Works well enough.

Top Bottom