• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

quick questions for you long timers.....i used to play this game pretty hardcore up to the lich king expansion but got sick of the grind and the raid schedules ect

1) Is it still a gearscore/Acheiv spam in general chat to get into instances?
2) whats the current op class most are bitching about and what is the weakest

tried to pick it back up a year or so ago but was turned off by the amount of idiots i encountered and how most people just wanted to steamroll through instances instead of trying different class make ups or responsibility's....i really miss the BC days where you tried many different ways to attack something

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been watching a lot of Legion videos today and I really like the direction they're going with classes, everything seems more streamlined, gone are the days of 3 full action bars of spells you have to find binds for. I'm totally open to class and spec ATM, the free level 100 boost will be a God send.

For Mages I wish that they would do more than just jamming the model of a book through a closed fist. Just steal the Diablo 3 wizard pose, have an open palm with an arcane tome or focus floating in the air over the mages offhand. That would look one hundred times better than the current implementation.

Ugh, that drives me crazy. I noticed the off-hand artifact for Holy Paladin does the same thing.

CassSept

Pretty much, the thing with Farhlon is that it was one of many zones they said might come eventually. So far for Legion Thal is the only single promised zone, the only way it wouldn't come is if we did not get a single patch the entire expansion, which isn't very believable.

My memory might be wrong but wasn't Tanaan implied to be at launch and Farahlon added at a latter date and only later had they retracted and said 'they never said Tanaan will be at launch'?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
quick questions for you long timers.....i used to play this game pretty hardcore up to the lich king expansion but got sick of the grind and the raid schedules ect

1) Is it still a gearscore/Acheiv spam in general chat to get into instances?
2) whats the current op class most are bitching about and what is the weakest

tried to pick it back up a year or so ago but was turned off by the amount of idiots i encountered and how most people just wanted to steamroll through instances instead of trying different class make ups or responsibility's....i really miss the BC days where you tried many different ways to attack something

1) Nope, there is a full group finder system now.
2) Most are fairly balanced. Some classes get a little cray-cray at the high ilvl's when they have set bonuses and trinkets. If you want pure dps stats check out simulationcraft.

I don't understand how the drop system works in TW. For my Ele Shaman I almost constantly get 2H int staffs when I eclusively use shields and 1H weapons. For my Mage, I'm getting 1H weapons when I use 2H staffs. AT least the 1H makes sense sicne it's a wand, but still.

Ugh, that drives me crazy. I noticed the off-hand artifact for Holy Paladin does the same thing.

And they're doing it with Artifacts.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't understand how the drop system works in TW. For my Ele Shaman I almost constantly get 2H int staffs when I eclusively use shields and 1H weapons. For my Mage, I'm getting 1H weapons when I use 2H staffs. AT least the 1H makes sense sicne it's a wand, but still.

Those are all things you can equip you know. Having a 1h/shield as a shaman doesn't really give you any benefit anymore.

They're also just updated versions of old items. Not things created specifically for the game as it is now.

I had an epiphany with destro lock (havoc mouseover maco, duh) and now it's pretty much my favorite spec. Getting those double chaos bolts rolling is just so addicting. Anyway, in my second mythic dungeon as a warlock I got a 720 wand (730 with upgrades) and the boa caster trinket. Awesome.

ZenaxPure

My memory might be wrong but wasn't Tanaan implied to be at launch and Farahlon added at a latter date and only later had they retracted and said 'they never said Tanaan will be at launch'?

Something along those lines yeah. WoD was at 2 blizzcons so it got more talk than most expansions do.

Outlaw Rogues & WW Monks are the current guesses on MMO champ.

The prot warrior sword looks like a Wrath/Cata green. Never seen anything so shit in my life.

But WW monks have a fist weapon artifact, so it can't be them.

And yeah, all the war artifacts are underwhelming, glad I don't main them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am somewhat inclined to resub for Legion due to the Artifact weapons (that Ashbringer), yet I know that every Paladin will be carrying one now, which ruins the dream.

I wish that Blizzard will bring back Corrupted Ashbringer somehow..

I believe it's an alternate skin for the Artifact weapon.

Guess what!

497908-sword-2h-artifactashbringer-d-06.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Only the Resto Artifact looks alright. I'm pretty much switching my main in Legion because of Artifacts.

Can't you just... you know... transmog your Artifact to another model? Changing main just for that seems silly when that option does exist.

Tenebrous

But WW monks have a fist weapon artifact, so it can't be them.

And yeah, all the war artifacts are underwhelming, glad I don't main them.

Warriors are using swords exclusively, but one of the skins is an axe. I think BM hunters use a gun, but one of the skins is a crossbow.

Plus that windy vibe from the weapon does tie in well to monks.

That Warlock Illidari off hand is sexy

Getting to carry around a decapitated male drainereie head.

I kind of feel like rerolling warlock now.

Warriors are using swords exclusively, but one of the skins is an axe. I think BM hunters use a gun, but one of the skins is a crossbow.

Plus that windy vibe from the weapon does tie in well to monks.

I feel like the warrior one is a mislabel, it looks exactly like one of the blood dk axes, same skull in the middle and everything.

I do hope the sword is for WW monks though, WW monks and Ele shamans should get one sword/axe or mace variant and Enhance should get one fist weapon variant just for transmog purposes at the very least since fist weapons are still stupidly exclusive when it comes to mogging.

I had an epiphany with destro lock (havoc mouseover maco, duh) and now it's pretty much my favorite spec. Getting those double chaos bolts rolling is just so addicting. Anyway, in my second mythic dungeon as a warlock I got a 720 wand (730 with upgrades) and the boa caster trinket. Awesome.
What macro are you using?

Tenebrous

I feel like the warrior one is a mislabel, it looks exactly like one of the blood dk axes, same skull in the middle and everything.

I do hope the sword is for WW monks though, WW monks and Ele shamans should get one sword/axe or mace variant and Enhance should get one fist weapon variant just for transmog purposes at the very least since fist weapons are still stupidly exclusive when it comes to mogging.

Perhaps, but I hope not.

Godan

So decided to start the Shadowmourne quest line. Seems like the blood infusion part is gona be a pain as you cant solo it.

Tenebrous

What did you power level tailoring for? You can craft everything including the daily CD at level 1, although the yield will be 8 instead of 9-20.

Tenebrous

Aha, fair play. That's only 1k~ in Sumptuous fur, though. Not a huge investment, but damn... Flying is! I refuse to let any of my characters fly below 310% at 80+, and have done since Cata. I know they'll make it BoA someday.

Granadier

Don't really see the point of going about 280%. 310 seems like a waste of money.

Also the fact that 280 and 310 both cost the same makes no sense.

Don't really see the point of going about 280%. 310 seems like a waste of money.

Also the fact that 280 and 310 both cost the same makes no sense.

You mean going above 280 right? Cause 280 is a massive QoL improvement over base.

And 310 is really necessary for gatherers/farmers. Saves you time in the end. Maybe if you don't have much gold it's not necessarily worth it, but 5k is peanuts to me. I don't get it on every character since I don't play them all enough for it to make sense though - part of it is a factor of, "oh, I'm playing this and they don't have 310, may as well get it."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did they ever say for sure how artifact skins would be unlocked? I thought I remembered them saying it was based on how you spent your artifact power rather than achievements/progression but can't find anything concrete.

Robin64

Did they ever say for sure how artifact skins would be unlocked? I thought I remembered them saying it was based on how you spent your artifact power rather than achievements/progression but can't find anything concrete.

Just loads of different ways, isn't it? Some from PvP, some from raiding, some from world content.. that's the impression I got.

Granadier

You mean going above 280 right? Cause 280 is a massive QoL improvement over base.

And 310 is really necessary for gatherers/farmers. Saves you time in the end. Maybe if you don't have much gold it's not necessarily worth it, but 5k is peanuts to me. I don't get it on every character since I don't play them all enough for it to make sense though - part of it is a factor of, "oh, I'm playing this and they don't have 310, may as well get it."

Yes, I was referring to going from 280 -> 310. Costs the same to only give 30% more speed. Which isn't that big of a time reduction.

So I bought this fairly basic BoE green transmog set for my monk for like 3k so she didn't look like a hobo and now I'm really kinda wishing she was a Blood Elf. The chest doesn't fit quite properly on an orc female :/

Might have to race change. Or just have it prepped for the new transmog system for my Blood Elf Demon Hunter (who will be female ofc).

Only the Resto Artifact looks alright. I'm pretty much switching my main in Legion because of Artifacts.

I'm doing the same thing. My main has been a windwalker monk but, other than the Hulk fist skin, I'm not crazy about any of the others. I've been working on a feral druid to be my main because I'm in love with those cat forms.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only thing that would make me abandon my Elemental Shaman fully is if the artifact weapon was a staff.

I have a staff on my Shaman right now and it looks so dumb. It completely clashes with the visual style of a Shaman. Doomhammer is pretty underwhelming for Enhancement to me, honestly. Give me Rexxar's axes or even something from Drek'Thar.

The only thing that would make me abandon my Elemental Shaman fully is if the artifact weapon was a staff.

I have a staff on my Shaman right now and it looks so dumb. It completely clashes with the visual style of a Shaman. Doomhammer is pretty underwhelming for Enhancement to me, honestly. Give me Rexxar's axes or even something from Drek'Thar.

Rexxar is a hunter o_O

Top Bottom