• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah that make sense when thinking about it. Might do the same on my paladin. There is some nice looking PVP armors & weapons from the past that I could use these honor points for.

Just showing off my NE Warrior :). I love the 2hand NE special attack animation. It almost looks like a shoryuken.

Speaking of which, how cool would it have been if windwalker monks had the same skills as Ken/Ryu? Hadouken! Shoryuken!

124581998-profilemain.jpg

iirate

Speaking of which, how cool would it have been if windwalker monks had the same skills as Ken/Ryu? Hadouken! Shoryuken!

Chi Burst = Hadouken
Spinning Dragon Strike(new talent in Legion) = Shoryuken

You have to talent into them, but they're there. Chi Burst is one of the most satisying spells to cast as a monk! ^_^

I've posted most of these before, but here are my 7 max level characters.

Sanva, the shaman

Pewa, the priest

Mihla, the monk

Lozna, the paladin

Dunha, the druid

Kegali, the shaman

Yspire, the monk(second pic will be her update once shoulders can be hidden in Legion)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It looks a lot better off than Fury right now, especially considering Arms keeps Defensive Stance and doesn't have the "take more damage when Enraged" crap
Seems like the new toggle system for Defensive Stance on Arms won't gate rage generation like it does on live. The additional access to sustain in there seems like it'll be nerfed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can LFG/LFR mode just force all mobs in the area to attack you when you pull a boss even mo re than it does now? Because I think it's the only way the tanks in LFG/LFR will learn to stop trying to skip trash and then having it come running in during echo of jaina or tyrant

ampere

Seems like the new toggle system for Defensive Stance on Arms won't gate rage generation like it does on live. The additional access to sustain in there seems like it'll be nerfed.

It's a 25% reduction to damage done though. It's bugged on alpha and increases damage done, but that alone is enough of a penalty.

I hope the Worgen models get updated one day. There's a lot of cosmetic issues that prevent me from enjoying playing one. Scrunched up chest area making any armor look odd, especially tabards. That weird bend in the cloaks. How wearing robes show just the feet from the back because there aren't leg models under robes. The mane weirdly going in and out of the back.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's a 25% reduction to damage done though. It's bugged on alpha and increases damage done, but that alone is enough of a penalty.
I feel like the playstyle of Arms is less punishing about swapping back and forth between a stance like that. A 25% damage reduction used outside of the Colossus Smash window isn't really going to be felt as much. Obviously it's something to use sparringly, but against sections with unavoidable AoE it seems really strong. D.Stance gives Arms Warriors like 50% less damage taken than Fury Warriors. Seems crazy to me.

Meier

If you start Gorgrond around lvl 94-94.5 and do the treasures + bonus areas in Gorgrond + Talador you will get to lvl 100. This takes less than 2 hours and includes doing the start area quests to unlock the Shredder/Artillery strike. Use the 20% xp pot from your garrison as well when you turn in the bonus areas. I've done it more than 10 times and know the routes by heart now.

Yeah, I did all of the bonus missions in Gorgrond (had them all 1 item away from completing) and got to 97 with using the 1 BOA, 300% XP potion and the 20% garrison potion. I had a few other quests I turned in as well while I was finishing the bonuses. I had not been to Talador yet (hate this zone) so I didn't get to include any of those bonus areas while I was getting the bonus. I probably could have made it had I known that was also on the cards as far as the recommended route was concerned. Will do that as well next time I try this, provided I actually do try it again.. I get burned out on WoW pretty quick usually.

Robin64

Can LFG/LFR mode just force all mobs in the area to attack you when you pull a boss even mo re than it does now? Because I think it's the only way the tanks in LFG/LFR will learn to stop trying to skip trash and then having it come running in during echo of jaina or tyrant

Tell me about it. The trend of trying to skip the absolute maximum possible is annoying.

Tenebrous

Dungeons? Hell no! LFR Raids? Sure, why not.

Tenebrous

Depends what kind of group I'm in. If people are geared, and can do the shortcuts, great. If people are geared, and can't do the shortcuts, we can kill the trash. If people aren't geared, and can't do the shortcuts, I just go on without them so I can get my satchel faster by just soloing. No idea how people can't do 10k dps in heroic dungeons with the 15% damage buff.

I tried the quick leveling path for 90-100 and while it was nice, you get hamstrung by your garrison so badly that I had to spend hours collecting garrison resources just to get to Tanaan.

That ain't fun.

ZenaxPure

I tried the quick leveling path for 90-100 and while it was nice, you get hamstrung by your garrison so badly that I had to spend hours collecting garrison resources just to get to Tanaan.

That ain't fun.

I've just been buying caches on the AH for guys I've leveled this way, only ~1500g per 1000 resources on my server which is pretty cheap.

Chi Burst = Hadouken
Spinning Dragon Strike(new talent in Legion) = Shoryuken

You have to talent into them, but they're there. Chi Burst is one of the most satisying spells to cast as a monk! ^_^

I've posted most of these before, but here are my 7 max level characters.

Sanva, the shaman

Pewa, the priest

Mihla, the monk

Lozna, the paladin

Dunha, the druid

Kegali, the shaman

Yspire, the monk(second pic will be her update once shoulders can be hidden in Legion)

You, you have good mog sense. I like it when people keep it simple.

Man Pauldrons just do no work on male undead, the way the right one just floats off the shoulder ruins it, can't find a single model I like on it.

I think I might just race change that rogue, to either gendered belf or fem orc.

frontovik

Banned
Has anyone seen the Dreadnaught armour on the BMAH? How much do they usually go for? I'm interested in the shoulders and chest more than any of the other components.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has anyone seen the Dreadnaught armour on the BMAH? How much do they usually go for? I'm interested in the shoulders and chest more than any of the other components.

Was about 53k at Medium time remaining for the helmet on Zul'jin. Probably skyrocketed closer to end time.

^ grats!

I got my Legendary Ring and Draenor Flying which was great. Also had no idea Rob Kazinsky was in Eastenders (was probably during the era i was playing WoW for 18 hours a day too).

Meier

Been awhile since I've done a raid at higher than standard difficulty. If I have done all of HFC in LFR, could I join a Normal mode raid via raid finder and actually get any loot from the bosses? Or is it locked across all difficulty levels if you've done one?

Been awhile since I've done a raid at higher than standard difficulty. If I have done all of HFC in LFR, could I join a Normal mode raid via raid finder and actually get any loot from the bosses? Or is it locked across all difficulty levels if you've done one?

LFR is separate from normal from heroic from mythic. So yeah you could get loot. It's mostly older raids that are tricksy.

Tenebrous

It's a great change. WoD's effort in improving the dungeon finder & how loot works in both LFD/LFR & raids has been a huge success, even if very little else has.

Fjordson

Just showing off my NE Warrior :). I love the 2hand NE special attack animation. It almost looks like a shoryuken.

124581998-profilemain.jpg
Nice man. Such a classic look.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoW has always had a shitty community. as far back as vanilla as I can remember, but it took going back to something like EQ1/Project 99 where there's basically a set of rules that the majority of players go by and those rules are pretty much 'don't be a dick' and the majority follow it .

Then doing my Tanaan dailies and having to drop garrison abilities on mobs so I can get the bonus objective flag/cannon/whatever that I was clearing the way to before the other two jackasses flying in try to steal it. Fucking shitbags.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It really pisses me off that I can't use my High Warlord title or transmog on other characters, that Warrior has been dead and buried for many, many years but HWL is still the most insane thing I've ever done in any game and it always will be and I'd like to use the title. I can use all my other old school titles but not this one which just seems odd.

Fjordson

It really pisses me off that I can't use my High Warlord title or transmog on other characters, that Warrior has been dead and buried for many, many years but HWL is still the most insane thing I've ever done in any game and it always will be and I'd like to use the title. I can use all my other old school titles but not this one which just seems odd.
Wow. Props for having that title.

You can't use it on any other characters like other titles?? I would have figured it would at least work on other horde characters.

frontovik

Banned
Goldcap. Nearly every piece.

Gloves went for 150k on my realm a few days ago.

Was about 53k at Medium time remaining for the helmet on Zul'jin. Probably skyrocketed closer to end time.

Darn, I suppose it's so easy to make gold now that it would be relatively simple for the average player to make those back? I feel a tad discouraged as I don't have the patience to to grind for gold anymore. I recall it was either playing the AH, farming for mats, and offering to run player though raids were popular back then.

Since I've recently re-suscribed (I was last active during Cataclysm), what's the ideal method to make gold nowadays? I've heard a max'ed out Garrison can bring in a steady income, is that still the case?

Lomax

Darn, I suppose it's so easy to make gold now that it would be relatively simple for the average player to make those back? I feel a tad discouraged as I don't have the patience to to grind for gold anymore. I recall it was either playing the AH, farming for mats, and offering to run player though raids were popular back then.

Since I've recently re-suscribed (I was last active during Cataclysm), what's the ideal method to make gold nowadays? I've heard a max'ed out Garrison can bring in a steady income, is that still the case?

Garrisons and running heroic 25 cata raids like firelands. Also lfr when a satchel is up is a pretty easy chunk of gold and if you hit on a medallion so much the better.

Turns out there's an add-on called Bad Pet that mentions in instance chat everytime a pet growls, which is pretty neat. The hunter in our random group did not turn their growl off.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
okay, thinking about coming back. should I? in one week my exams are done so this is when I could start.

What say you gaf?
I have zero friends who play that game

Entropia

No One Remembers
Turns out there's an add-on called Bad Pet that mentions in instance chat everytime a pet growls, which is pretty neat. The hunter in our random group did not turn their growl off.

Yeah, it'sa nice add-on but can get annoying/spammy when, sa you said, the hunter never turns its pets taunt off.

Top Bottom