• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Can't you just... you know... transmog your Artifact to another model? Changing main just for that seems silly when that option does exist.

When the Artifact plays a huge role in the xpac end-game, I don't think it's silly. Also as a newer player, I probably have a hell of a lot less invested in my main than most of you do in yours.

I'm doing the same thing. My main has been a windwalker monk but, other than the Hulk fist skin, I'm not crazy about any of the others. I've been working on a feral druid to be my main because I'm in love with those cat forms.

Druid looks awesome in Legion and it is a class I want to try eventually but for my money it's Warlock. All three artifacts look awesome. Affliction gets a scythe, Destruction gets an awesome looking staff and Demonology's floating skull is possibly the best looking in the xpac.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone ELI5 timewalk dungeons? I get you're scaled down but what do I do with these badges? Am I supposed to buy this lowbie gear with them to make timewalk dungeons easier?

Can someone ELI5 timewalk dungeons? I get you're scaled down but what do I do with these badges? Am I supposed to buy this lowbie gear with them to make timewalk dungeons easier?

You do timewalking dungeons for gold and timewalking currency. The gear you get as drops from bosses will scale and will be great if you haven't gotten to Tanaan yet. The Time Walking Vendor also sells gear that will be a pretty solid upgrade if you aren't already farming gear from Tanaan. It's fun to play older dungeons at an appropriate level and it's a decent gear catch-up. Also there's a pretty sweet mount.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I mostly do the timewalking dungeons to one day buy all the mounts and hopefully get the one that drops from bosses..

ampere

The new view distance is so juicy.

WoWScrnShot_012816_132730.jpg

Good time to have made a new PC

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You do timewalking dungeons for gold and timewalking currency. The gear you get as drops from bosses will scale and will be great if you haven't gotten to Tanaan yet. The Time Walking Vendor also sells gear that will be a pretty solid upgrade if you aren't already farming gear from Tanaan. It's fun to play older dungeons at an appropriate level and it's a decent gear catch-up. Also there's a pretty sweet mount.

Ah so as a level 100 with some LFR gear it's pointless for me? Although at 1500 you get a transform toy and I collect those.

Ah so as a level 100 with some LFR gear it's pointless for me? Although at 1500 you get a transform toy and I collect those.

I don't know what the baseline is for LFR gear but TW nets you 660-675 ilvl gear.

Yet they still can't fix the clipping.

It only looks like they have 3 to 4 bones for the skinning of the capes and it doesn't look like their engine has any support for morph targets or blend shapes--everything looks bone driven--for them to do some sort of baked simulation.

What you want is probably constrained by working with a decade old engine.

Tenebrous

It only looks like they have 3 to 4 bones for the skinning of the capes and it doesn't look like their engine has any support for morph targets or blend shapes--everything looks bone driven--for them to do some sort of baked simulation.

What you want is probably constrained by working with a decade old engine.

Said so myself a page or two back. It's really unfortunate.

ZenaxPure

There are multiple mounts/toys from timewalking vedors (each event has a different vendor), enough to keep you busy for a while actually. Pretty big timesink overall even if you are doing it on multiple characters.

Do rogues not have a talent or something that stops all fall damage in Legion? I feel like I remember this but I can't place it.

I was right, the plank is going to be fun as sub, there's no way rogues won't be my main alt in Legion.

Capes are the main offender, true, but everything clips on some of my toons.

Yeah, not being able to t mog certain items because they clip right through your arm? Not fun... It also goes for tons of helms.

Bisnic

Really liking my blueish set for my paladin.
dPIjSh8.png

Although I'm still unsure if I'd rather use the LFR version of Deathwing's 2h sword instead..
FigQEyf.png

Wish I still had an Enchanter follower to get rid of the glowing enchant though...

At least I don't have that problem with my holy set :p
t93Ze7c.png

Tenebrous

Really liking my blueish set for my paladin.
http://i.imgur.com/dPIjSh8.png

Although I'm still unsure if I'd rather use the LFR version of Deathwing's 2h sword instead..
http://i.imgur.com/FigQEyf.png
Wish I still had an Enchanter follower to get rid of the glowing enchant though...

At least I don't have that problem with my holy set :p
t93Ze7c.png

I like the core idea, but it need a little bit of contrast, in my opinion. Blue armor, blue weapon, blue character... Too much for me, but hey, it's your toon!

Bisnic

I like the core idea, but it need a little bit of contrast, in my opinion. Blue armor, blue weapon, blue character... Too much for me, but hey, it's your toon!

It fits I think. Blue armor and red weapon wouldn't be as good. :p

I have so many transmogs for my paladin, I keep switching the look anyway lol.

Tenebrous

It fits I think. Blue armor and red weapon wouldn't be as good. :p

I have so many transmogs for my paladin, I keep switching the look anyway lol.

My orc is in green & purple at the moment, so there's no sense in listening to me, really!

But yeah, collecting mog sets is fun.

imo using complete sets/tiers for transmog is kind of boring, I mean I'm kind of a hypocrite because most of my characters use mostly sets, but still.

If I am not wrong under dalaran there is sea so that means everyone can jump and survive the fall since they will fall into water not only sub rogues.

Ah gosh darn it.

Wow lol.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high for the Brewmaster artifact talents, but I really hope they don't suck

Aside from the baseline weapon proc (70% speed yo, hope that proc chance isn't super low), none of the WW artifact talents did anything for me, all fairly boring, which is a shame.

Tenebrous

imo using complete sets/tiers for transmog is kind of boring, I mean I'm kind of a hypocrite because half of my characters use mostly sets, but still.

I'm doing so at the moment, but my best set is Cloudkeeper legplates, an uncommon gold coloured chest, D2 (T0.5) shoulders, gloves/girdle of the dawn, Tabard of the Lightbringer, and some gold boots... Can't remember the names, but I love how that set looks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Seems like the response to Arms in Legion is almost universally positive from the major names inside the Warrior community. The artifact tree turned out way better than I would've expected. Leaning really heavily towards starting there now once the expansion ships.

Bisnic

imo using complete sets/tiers for transmog is kind of boring, I mean I'm kind of a hypocrite because most of my characters use mostly sets, but still.

I agree it would be more fun to vary a little bit on the armor, but there's always something that look out of place, so I just give up and take a full set instead. Could be worse though. I could be looking for sexy plate bikinis!

At least I have to do some research for the weapons ha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
varied armor sets always look off to me.

if it's not a complete set, count me out.
Seems like the response to Arms in Legion is almost universally positive from the major names inside the Warrior community. The artifact tree turned out way better than I would've expected. Leaning really heavily towards starting there now once the expansion ships.

it sounds cool but i still worry about it as a mythic raiding spec. only so much need for cleave and with artifact weapons, i imagine spec swapping in major progression fights will be a bigger pain due to not having the other set leveled up

I'm usually for pure sets because of matching issues, but I make an exception for my DK. I really like the S8 set, but there's no good boots that go with it.... until the heroic T18 set! But then that clashes with the S8 chest and the T18 chest is pretty awful. So I end up with the 25m T8 chest that fits well enough, minus some minor clashing where the belt is, but I can live with that. #firstworldproblems

S8 shoulders, gloves, T8 chest, T18 belt, legs, boots. I'd use the Acherus Knight's Hood too if my head didn't clip through it -______- (fixed in Legion though!). Fits surprisingly well for so many sets, but maybe that's just cause all DK gear is skulls and spikes and bones ;P

7nxI55U.jpg

Said so myself a page or two back. It's really unfortunate.

They would have to start over completely. The current universe needs to end, the next iteration needs to blow everyone away, have everyone willing to jump on board and be fine with the old version getting shut down.

How do you get buy-in for that?

My crappy hunter alt just got her orange ring, and then did one mythic dungeon and got the boa trinket and a 720 Kihra's Adrenaline Injector, which some mythic geared hunter told me is best in slot for mm.

Anyway my training dummy dps went from ~38k to ~55k in about 30 minutes time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
it sounds cool but i still worry about it as a mythic raiding spec. only so much need for cleave and with artifact weapons, i imagine spec swapping in major progression fights will be a bigger pain due to not having the other set leveled up
The more the artifact tree gets filled out the stronger I think Arms becomes as a single target spec. Lots of ways to extend and reset Colossus Smash, which feels like it carries more power than any other damage dealing ability provided to Warriors. At a certain point the burst damage of Arms has the potential to become available very often. Sweeping Strikes was really holding back the spec in its old state, and made it almost impossible to balance, and with that shackle off there's a better route for single target damage.

Sounds good. Playing Arms in Classic to WotlK was so much fun. Went back to it in Draenor and found myself disgusted.

ampere

It looks a lot better off than Fury right now, especially considering Arms keeps Defensive Stance and doesn't have the "take more damage when Enraged" crap

Milennia

My A plus classes on alpha right now after testing etc are fire Mage and shadow atm, enjoy boomy as well except new moon is a garbage mechanic that should burn in fire.

Oh and Phoenix flames are also garbage, bad single target on the gcd interrupting a mid air fireball every 30 seconds (wasting the fireball essentially if you have it mid air and a hot streak and a Phoenix procs), not to mention the artifact power is garbage on single target in its own right because it does bad damage and gives me a bad damage Phoenix.

Quirks with each of the specs I play but nothing major, will all hopefully be fixed in tuning.

Robin64

I can't stand paladin skirts/robes/kilts, which is annoying as some of the best sets use those and would be much better with a legguard option too.

ampere

My A plus classes on alpha right now after testing etc are fire Mage and shadow atm, enjoy boomy as well except new moon is a garbage mechanic that should burn in fire.

Oh and Phoenix flames are also garbage, bad single target on the gcd interrupting a mid air fireball every 30 seconds (wasting the fireball essentially if you have it mid air and a hot streak and a Phoenix procs), not to mention the artifact power is garbage on single target in its own right because it does bad damage and gives me a bad damage Phoenix.

Quirks with each of the specs I play but nothing major, will all hopefully be fixed in tuning.

I haven't played around with many of the dps specs, but my favorite tank on alpha is Prot Warrior (I'd say the least changed tank from live by far), and favorite healer is Mistweaver Monk.

Vengeance Demon Hunter feels so messy and all over the place, though the survivability is pretty strong after the buffs this week. Bear is as boring as it is on live, and Blood Death Knight is super slowed down and needs some changes (which they are making next build or so)

Meier

I did that thing with the experience potion for my alt last night. Jumped from 93 to 97 just by clearing the bonuses areas in Gorgrond (sp). I didn't go all out with turning in the elites and whatnot (and only had 1 heirloom that was level 100.. another was a level 60, not sure if it actually gave me any bonus EXP but I doubt it) which obviously made the difference but it was pretty neat to make such a quick jump through those levels. Sadly, I queued up for a dungeon which took about 25 minutes, was ready to pop the trophy before the final boss as recommended... turned out it was still in my mailbox. Lol.

Daniel R

I did that thing with the experience potion for my alt last night. Jumped from 93 to 97 just by clearing the bonuses areas in Gorgrond (sp). I didn't go all out with turning in the elites and whatnot (and only had 1 heirloom that was level 100.. another was a level 60, not sure if it actually gave me any bonus EXP but I doubt it) which obviously made the difference but it was pretty neat to make such a quick jump through those levels. Sadly, I queued up for a dungeon which took about 25 minutes, was ready to pop the trophy before the final boss as recommended... turned out it was still in my mailbox. Lol.

If you start Gorgrond around lvl 94-94.5 and do the treasures + bonus areas in Gorgrond + Talador you will get to lvl 100. This takes less than 2 hours and includes doing the start area quests to unlock the Shredder/Artillery strike. Use the 20% xp pot from your garrison as well when you turn in the bonus areas. I've done it more than 10 times and know the routes by heart now.

Bisnic

Is there any particular reason why a specific character get more Garrison missions for 200 honor points than another? It can't be purely random because I get that almost every day on my mage, but my paladin rarely or never get this.

Micapo

Is there any particular reason why a specific character get more Garrison missions for 200 honor points than another? It can't be purely random because I get that almost every day on my mage, but my paladin rarely or never get this.

Do you PvP with the Paladin at all? There's some kind of honor (or HKs, not sure) threshold (a couple of BGs or something similar, not much) you gotta aquire before those start to pop up. If you stop PvPing the mission stop showing up after a while.

Bisnic

Do you PvP with the Paladin at all? There's some kind of honor (or HKs, not sure) threshold (a couple of BGs or something similar, not much) you gotta aquire before those start to pop up. If you stop PvPing the mission stop showing up after a while.

I haven't seriously PVP with either of them during WoD, so I'm not sure why my mage get any of this. I might have done a few BGs during the Winterveil event with both, but then if that was the cause, shouldn't both of them get Honor missions?

Maybe it was because my mage entered Ashran a few times back in December(without actually doing anything in there)? I mean, all I did was complete the basic quests that ask you to speak to NPCs, before the actual event started if I remember lol. My mage never fought, won, or lose an Ashran battle.

Micapo

I haven't seriously PVP with either of them during WoD, so I'm not sure why my mage get any of this. I might have done a few BGs during the Winterveil event with both, but then if that was the cause, shouldn't both of them get Honor missions?

Maybe it was because my mage entered Ashran a few times back in December(without actually doing anything in there)? I mean, all I did was complete the basic quests that ask you to speak to NPCs, before the actual event started if I remember lol. My mage never fought, won, or lose an Ashran battle.

That might be it. It really doesn't take that much for them to start showing up and Ashran might've just tipped over the scale for the mage.

Top Bottom