• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

okay, thinking about coming back. should I? in one week my exams are done so this is when I could start.

What say you gaf?
I have zero friends who play that game

You will probably get bored within a week or two. Better to wait for the next expansion instead.

Edwardo

okay, thinking about coming back. should I? in one week my exams are done so this is when I could start.

What say you gaf?
I have zero friends who play that game

I started in December after not playing since 2011. I got a monk decently geared, now I just do battlegrounds with him and some dailies too. I'll probably start leveling other characters and attempt some raids on my Monk soon.

It's pretty easy to get some gear once you hit 100.

I'm enjoying the 90-99 bgs, I just wish they gave more than 75% of a bar of xp for a win, they need to be doubled, at the very least.

Turns out there's an add-on called Bad Pet that mentions in instance chat everytime a pet growls, which is pretty neat. The hunter in our random group did not turn their growl off.

I don't put growl on in instances, but if for some chance I did forget, and that addon procced, I would never turn it off.

Easy solution for that. Kick the fucker out.

That doesn't really work because nobody ever stops.

Milennia

i wish i was on a dead server for bmah stuff, or any other server than my own, if i want something i HAVE to cap it.

there is quite literally 0 leeway.

may just transfer off before the expac for a couple of months then come back.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think we've pretty well established that the problem with proving grounds is that it's required.
I don't really have a problem with it because they're so easy, and they're one of the few things in the game that actually feel like teaching tools.

Easy solution for that. Kick the fucker out.

That was the least of that random groups problems. I joined it on a wipe because someone left or got booted--insta-queue pop as a DPS is NEVER a good sign--only to watched it wipe again. I bailed, didn't want to sit around and deal with the toxicity being thrown around. I'd rather take the deserter penalty and go farm herbs instead.

Because it's terrible design. By that I don't just mean the proving grounds themselves, but what Blizzard has done with a base game and four expansions worth of content. They ferry people through it with ease, even without heirlooms, or allow people to skip the content outright. There's no resource ablation, no consistency, you don't have to learn how to play the game while you're actually playing it.

I really wish Carbine and NCSoft hadn't flubbed Wildstar because there was a lot they did right that game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, reading and watching alpha footage of Enhancement makes me not want to play my main right now just because Legion looks like it fixes all the issues they should have fixed in WoD and makes the class a little more solo viable/fun to play

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you didn't drop out when Tremor got nerfed while(extremely dominant) warriors berserker rage was untouched, then I'm surprised grounding is the thing that would make you quit.

Tremor was dumb in its old redone form, it needed to be brought down, and comparing something personal to a teamwide trinket doesn't really work.

Grounding is one of the corner stone spells that maked enhance enhance, its the spell for the spec that feels good to use well.

Its like removing dark simulacrum for dks, they're the only skillfull satisfying buttons the class/enhance has.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A 30 second cooldown that's instant versus a 1 minute cooldown that pulses and requires teammates to be extremely close to it is very comparable. It wouldn't have been the way it was in WoW during MOP if it wasn't comparable.

Meier

I am kind of enjoying this feral Druid but my DPS is absolutely terrible. Really need to read up on how to improve this because my ilvl is 680 but I can't do shit heh.

What's the problem?
Just hard to do burst damage. Took me ages! Finally got it though.

Robin64

Sometimes WoW can be gorgeous.

INhXg4A.jpg

Warriors can't be mad at rogues getting thunderfury since they get the Arcanite Reaper right? Right?

Also hot damn those new assassination daggers and that fire mage sword, finally some decent sub daggers too, hope they're not too long to get, that blood DK axe looks totally like a 1 hander tho.

A 30 second cooldown that's instant versus a 1 minute cooldown that pulses and requires teammates to be extremely close to it is very comparable. It wouldn't have been the way it was in WoW during MOP if it wasn't comparable.

Are you saying Blizzard wouldn't leave in something stupid for 2 expansions? Because it's laughable if you really think that. Being able to laugh off any mistakes because you can insta team trinket your bad positioning when you get triple feared was stupidly good. Tremor totem redesign was a straight buff from the old one. Berserker Rage never compared.

I was more miffed at the double purge nerf, it was too good sure, and needed to be nerfed sure, but I loved double purge.

ampere

Losing grounding totem makes me not want to play enhance at all in legion.

PvP is getting so many massive changes you can't look at it in a void. Monks are losing Nimble Brew, Expel Harm, Fortifying Brew (non-tanks lose it), etc

They haven't even opened PvP talents on alpha so I don't know how they feel. But I do think the PvP talent system is super super awkward since I'll need at least two different sets of bars for each spec

PvP is getting so many massive changes you can't look at it in a void. Monks are losing Nimble Brew, Expel Harm, Fortifying Brew (non-tanks lose it), etc

They haven't even opened PvP talents on alpha so I don't know how they feel. But I do think the PvP talent system is super super awkward since I'll need at least two different sets of bars for each spec

It's not about losing it for balance reasons.

It's about losing it because it's the only skillful fun to use spell enhance and ele have. And none of their PVP talents even compare.

Removing it from them is the very definition of dumbing down the game.

And yeah, having binds for abilities you can't use 1/2 the time (don't compare them to focus/arena 123 binds) will be silly, the whole PVP talent thing seems super dumb and clunky.

ampere

Removing it from them is the very definition of dumbing down the game.

Unfortunately this is the direction Blizzards has taken with a number of things for the expac. Hopefully things stay entertaining, but yea I agree about the dumbing down issue.

They want to slow down tanking and there's a big debate about whether or not it's possible to do without making tank skill matter much less.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When should we expect the Legion pre-patch with all the new cool stuff? It's typically one month before release right? So still very far away if so. :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I could see 7.0 being in June (or even May), but Legion itself is probably going to be in July.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think you guys are being hopelessly optimistic. 7.0 in July, game in late August/early September.

I don't think so. There isn't any particular reason to expect Legion will have a significantly longer public test phase than previous expansions, which an August/September release certainly would be. People can try to get into semantics with alpha/beta terminology, but the current state of Legion testing is pretty clearly as far along or father than any previous betas have gone live with. Legion will be out before August.

Oh my god. So much Valor grinding the past day on my alt DK. Still only have about half my gear upgraded too ;_;

And that's not even dealing with ring upgrades for Valor, meaning mythics will have to continue into the future :( Ring is only 747 on her currently.

Tenebrous

I don't think so. There isn't any particular reason to expect Legion will have a significantly longer public test phase than previous expansions, which an August/September release certainly would be. People can try to get into semantics with alpha/beta terminology, but the current state of Legion testing is pretty clearly as far along or father than any previous betas have gone live with. Legion will be out before August.

Blizzard don't need a reason to keep their players waiting.

I'm just pessimistic.

Why does the new blue honor gear even exist? It's the exact same price and i level and stats as last seasons conquest gear, except it's uglier and blue, why would anybody buy it?

ampere

You better be wrong.

There are more class overhauls going into Legion than... ever I think. Many of the specs still aren't active on beta, and most of the ones that are need a lot of work.

PvP talents still aren't active and are going to need a ton of testing, though almost no one tests PvP on alphas/betas so they'll go live unbalanced as fuck

Why does the new blue honor gear even exist? It's the exact same price and i level and stats as last seasons conquest gear, except it's uglier and blue, why would anybody buy it?

Because this expac they were making a new season's honor gear better than the last season's epics, but season 3 didn't have as much of an ilevel jump (to keep it in line with PvE gear) so it ended up not working out that way.

But it can still be good or better if you get a warforged/socketed honor piece out of a bg box. Especially a ring with a gem socket.

Top Bottom