• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Human rep gain is kinda nuts, I wonder how much more quickly you could do Tanaan Diplomat with a Trade Outpost as a Human versus other races. Still wish I could make a Gnome Pali instead.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
just a heads up 4/4 upgrades is a high possibility in the near future via multiple people who are connected to people who would know etc.

I don't doubt that this will happen eventually, but I'd take it with a grain of salt it's happening without an announcement.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the best dungeon to farm this ambassador rep? I was trying shadow labs but I was thinking there might be somewhere better

Milennia

I'm pretty sure I can burst over 1 mil (which I can now with a GOOD opener) with a garbage opener and 4/4 upgrades.

It's certainly controversial, clears will be about an hour to an hour and a half for mythic, able to carry more people etc. but it effectively tunes out HFC.. Archimonde mythic will be 3 minutes long not counting the transition time of 10 seconds or so. We get 6 minute kills while 3 carrying already.

For reference my first kill back in early August 2015 was about 11 minutes.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I forgot how much fun Holy Pali is.

With decent gear and the right talent(forgot the name), Holy Shock crits so much that you get those super fast Holy Light heals pretty often.

That, and I never run out of mana. I look at everybody else with 20-30% mana left, and I'm still high up in the +80%. Seriously, even in more intense healing scenarios, I never get close to run oom. Sure, I don't do real hardcore raiding, so I can't compare with other high skilled people who play other classes, so maybe I just play with people who have no idea how to manage their mana, but still...

Even other holy paladins run out of mana faster than I do. Do they just spam Flash Heal and Holy Radiance, never use their Holy Power, and don't take advantage of Holy Shocks crits or what?

mclem

A question, from a discussion had within my guild earlier:

I'm sure there's been a previous instance where a new feature that dropped in the US on Tuesday didn't hit the EU on the Wednesday immediately following that but was postponed for a week (or more?) - but I can't remember what exactly that was. Was there a disastrous patch at one point?

Milennia

What is your guild charging for Grovewarden runs and has the demand been rising, dipping or staying about the same.

Steadily lowering, I don't do them with guild but I do them with a group of top players in other guilds basically, we are at about 30k per but some charge 25k, price will rise when legion is closer but for now it's been at that price point for a couple months now

strafer

5n4LOle.png

Love me some Ghostcrawler.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder how low Ulduar participation was over the life of WOTLK. I raided at the time, so my memory is biased by the fact that even outside of actual guild raids, pugs seemed to be frequent and easily accessible.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wonder how low Ulduar participation was over the life of WOTLK. I raided at the time, so my memory is biased by the fact that even outside of actual guild raids, pugs seemed to be frequent and easily accessible.

I rarely ever saw Ulduar pugged on my server at the time. People stuck to Naxx because of how much of a cake walk it was.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I remember Naxx pugs being super common (drunken friday night naxx runs were like the most fun I've had in WoW) but by the time ICC had been out during the pre-cata content drought, I seem to remember folks doing a lot of ulduar. I could certainly be misremembering though.

ZenaxPure

I would guess pretty low relatively speaking. Naxx and ToC (10N) were piss easy and ICC was out for nearly a year and had multiple nerfs. Plus Ulduar only had a life of about 4 months for whatever dumb reason. Was hard even getting my casual ass guild to go back when ToC came out despite only 1 boss unlocking per week.

I mean anecdotal and all that but I remember very easily being able to find trade chat pugs for Naxx and ToC on my alts, Ulduar I never found any. Those raid guild inner-circle groups certainly existed for it, but I am talking about straight up traditional pugs with just random players.

idlewild_

Yeah I remember Naxx pugs being super common (drunken friday night naxx runs were like the most fun I've had in WoW) but by the time ICC had been out during the pre-cata content drought, I seem to remember folks doing a lot of ulduar. I could certainly be misremembering though.

I don't remember there being a whole lot of pugs for it, but then again I was on a medium-low pop server back in WotLK. ToC and the ICC 5-mans were shorter and dropped better gear, so there wasn't really a good reason to go back there for most people. Naxx at least had the benefit of being super easy and doable with heroic geared alts.

Anoregon

They mentioned new tech to make the pre-legion event have cool dynamic invasions. Shit looks dope.

I'm not even a little sad about the burning legion actually having demon spaceships. Fuck yeah.

ZenaxPure

Saw those screens earlier today and man, mannnn, that skybox. There is something so amazing looking about a sunset clashing with the legion fel green sky.

Robin64

Is this portrait looking thing at the bottom for Saurfang some new part of the default UI? Whenever a npc speaks during a quest, you see that?

Yeah, you'll see it a lot while questing in Legion. They have a similar animation to portraits in Warcraft III, too.

Bisnic

Yeah, you'll see it a lot while questing in Legion. They have a similar animation to portraits in Warcraft III, too.

Is it just with Legion quests, or ALL quests?

And i suppose the npc characters will emote appropriately depending on the dialogue, just like they already do outside of the portraits?

idlewild_

just a heads up 4/4 upgrades is a high possibility in the near future via multiple people who are connected to people who would know etc.

Not sure how big BDO is supposed to be, but that comes out on 3/3 so if they were to target anything in the next couple weeks for releasing the 4/4 update it might be that.

Robin64

Is it just with Legion quests, or ALL quests?

And i suppose the npc characters will emote appropriately depending on the dialogue, just like they already do outside of the portraits?

I think it's just new quests, as it's, like, extra text. Not just existing text already in quests. If that makes sense.

Bisnic

I think it's just new quests, as it's, like, extra text. Not just existing text already in quests. If that makes sense.

Oh, so it's not just taking the npc chat from the chat channel and putting them over there? It's not what the screenshots above seemed to suggest. Oh well.

Robin64

Oh, so it's not just taking the npc chat from the chat channel and putting them over there?

It's like a radio or something because people not even in the area can pop up in that system and talk to you, or gloat, or whatever. Maybe earlier quests will put standard NPC chatter there too, I dunno, but I haven't seen that happen.

Top Bottom