• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Congrats. How long does it take nowadays? Was a bit more of a pain in the arse to do before the DMF quests were added & Shen'dralar was removed.

Um. Hard to say since I've worked on it bit by bit over the years. DMF is trivialized now with the quests though for sure. And Bloodsail is fairly easy if you can do the instanced Booty Bay that was added in Cata. Shen'dralar may have been the worst overall though, but I had never even started that step.

Longest bit right now was definitely Ravenholdt though since the goblin reps go fairly quickly in a group (though I did plenty solo). Since I didn't feel like grinding the mobs so much, I pickpocketed somewhere in the realm of 2400 lockboxes. Wanna say that was upwards of 20 hours just doing that, spread over a few weeks.

The crazy thing is you can open and check the boxes for loot and rarely there'll be something of value, but it wasn't worth my time.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
doing the Insane is way easier now that you dont have to run Highmaul a million times. or buy Pristine Black Diamonds.

Wait, you don't have to run Dire Maul now? That's criminal.

For sure.

Running DM endlessly for the Librams... which were unique so you had to mail one off as soon as you picked one up cause damn it would suck to not be able to loot another of the same type.

A Pristine Black Diamond and some LBSs per Libram (at least DM took care of the shards).

Farming Scholo for Skin of Shadow, or farming Strat for abom skins, or running circles around EPL looking for Blood of Heroes spawns.

Gotta say Shen'dralar was easily the most time consuming aspect of doing this in WotLK, and I say this having farmed the herbs to make all my DMF decks too. Years later and I still can't bear the thought of stepping inside Dire Maul again, scarred for life!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wait, you don't have to run Dire Maul now? That's criminal.

it was pretty much the most difficult part of the whole thing...

i did it when you had to. the old Dire Maul gave a lot of cool loot, but they nerfed the level to like lvl 30 now instead of the lvl 50 it was.

also, i would make an ogre suit with each run with the ogre tanin. i sold a lot of ogre costumes that way.

Lomax

Ran across a boxed Mists of Pandaria Collectors Edition in a Walmart tonight. You could tell it was one of those cases of them coming across something randomly in the back and putting it on the discount shelf. Was marked down to $45, still sealed in good condition too. Was a little tempted as I wasn't playing then but I've been trying to keep my out of pocket WoW expenses to a minimum.

Tenebrous

The [Jungle Stalker] achievement. Just get to the spawn point and use Cross Realm Assist, right? Or is there a faster way?

Ran across a boxed Mists of Pandaria Collectors Edition in a Walmart tonight. You could tell it was one of those cases of them coming across something randomly in the back and putting it on the discount shelf. Was marked down to $45, still sealed in good condition too. Was a little tempted as I wasn't playing then but I've been trying to keep my out of pocket WoW expenses to a minimum.

Ahh, I bet a few people here would've paid $45 to take it off you.

Part of me kinda regrets not buying the CE's after TBC, but like yourself, I've always liked to keep my expense to a minimum. Would be nice to have all those extra feats, though!

Lomax

The [Jungle Stalker] achievement. Just get to the spawn point and use Cross Realm Assist, right? Or is there a faster way?

Ahh, I bet a few people here would've paid $45 to take it off you.

Part of me kinda regrets not buying the CE's after TBC, but like yourself, I've always liked to keep my expense to a minimum. Would be nice to have all those extra feats, though!

If someone really badly wants it and will pay shipping and such (and the sales tax which in CA is almost 8%) I'd go back and grab it. Would probably end up being like $60+ all told though.

Trying to find a mythic dungeon group is the most annoying shit. Declined every time.

*edit* Kept trying... got into one with some spanish speaking guys. It was fun, not too hard but not easy.

Ccw2gGWUcAAfuCd.jpg:large

Well that's the highest raid tier I've ever cleared.

Micapo

So I've killed a tagged Xemirkol twice, but I'm yet to run into him untagged, so still no achievement. This sucks.

I had so much trouble with getting that kill that I logged in during the night when I woke up for no good reason and couldn't fall aspeel anyway and if you have the master whateverthename trinket it teleports you automatically to him if you killed all the other rares

Tenebrous

I had so much trouble with getting that kill that I logged in during the night when I woke up for no good reason and couldn't fall aspeel anyway and if you have the master whateverthename trinket it teleports you automatically to him if you killed all the other rares

I've been doing it twice every 15 minutes for about 12 hours now. Three times I've been ported there, and he's been tagged every damn time.

ampere

I was so annoyed with doing Tanaan dailies when the patch had just came out that I bought a bunch of rep tokens, so I think I was the first person exalted on the server which had the side effect of getting a Xemirkol kill easy

Grats! Did you get lucky with another pug?

Not really but it was a pug. It took us seven tries to kill him, getting him down to 20% in the Rain of Chaos phase six times and we wiped once because people screwed up Shadowfel burst. Everyone was pretty patient since we had the means to kill him with the group we had.

I have a lot of conquest points saved up, but I haven't done any arena games. It looks like I have to raise my rating to be able to spend these? Am I looking at the wrong vendor npc?

Tenebrous

I have a lot of conquest points saved up, but I haven't done any arena games. It looks like I have to raise my rating to be able to spend these? Am I looking at the wrong vendor npc?

You are. The CP pieces with rating requirements are a recolour of the same set for elite PvPers. You can get stat-identical gear from a vendor right next to that one.

Zzzzz why are Apexis events still a thing? Give me Timewalking or a bonus honor event or something!

At least it's giving me an excuse to go to Tanaan on all my alts. I know I said I would never set foot in Tanaan again but 5k gold rare shipyard missions are too tempting to pass up and the oil rig helps so much when you're managing multiple shipyards across characters.

cdyhybrid

At least it's giving me an excuse to go to Tanaan on all my alts. I know I said I would never set foot in Tanaan again but 5k gold rare shipyard missions are too tempting to pass up and the oil rig helps so much when you're managing multiple shipyards across characters.

I can't bring myself to grind gear in Tanaan anymore. I'd rather just farm honor for 700ilvl PVP gear.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pre-ordered Legion. 100 boost on:

Mage
Warlock
Druid
Rogue

???

I can't bring myself to grind gear in Tanaan anymore. I'd rather just farm honor for 700ilvl PVP gear.

Agreed that the gear in Tanaan really isn't worth the time. I just want rep for the oil rig so a rep weekly that increases rep gained in Draenor by x% isn't a bad idea. The problem with a rep weekly is that reputation grinds aren't repeatable so I don't know what the weekly quest would be.

cdyhybrid

Pre-ordered Legion. 100 boost on:

Mage
Warlock
Druid
Rogue

???

If you can't decide, I'd say pick Druid, since they're usually decently strong and fill any role.

Agreed that the gear in Tanaan really isn't worth the time. I just want rep for the oil rig so a rep weekly that increases rep gained in Draenor by x% isn't a bad idea. The problem with a rep weekly is that reputation grinds aren't repeatable so I don't know what the weekly quest would be.

This would probably have to be something that's implemented from the beginning of an expansion, but a reward for continuing to accrue rep after Exalted would be a possibility. Doesn't have to be anything crazy, maybe a bag of mats or gold for every 1000 rep or something.

Isn't Graves a HotS reward? That's how I got mine.

And yeah, the Apexis bonus event kinda sucks. I'm only going back for the Seer Kazal quest but even completing 5 blue bar quests on two toons is kind of sleep inducing. Can't really see myself doing it on more alts.

I only have like 10 more apexis daily zone achievements left, and most of them are dumb Shattrath ones. I managed to kill all the Pit rares fairly easily solo, so now I'm stronger then a WoD launch level 100 by 3-4 times. dat power creep

Tenebrous

Isn't Graves a HotS reward? That's how I got mine.

And yeah, the Apexis bonus event kinda sucks. I'm only going back for the Seer Kazal quest but even completing 5 blue bar quests on two toons is kind of sleep inducing. Can't really see myself doing it on more alts.

It is, but I'd rather not ask in the HotS thread as I don't really like the game, haha.

If I was EU I would help.

If it's just player level 20 to unlock Graves, you can play coop bot matches and earn the exp that way. It's slower in PVE than PVP but less likely to be a horrendously toxic experience.

Tenebrous

If I was EU I would help.

If it's just player level 20 to unlock Graves, you can play coop bot matches and earn the exp that way. It's slower in PVE than PVP but less likely to be a horrendously toxic experience.

Yeah I was level 16 before I decided today I'd go for the pet. Almost 19 now having played just bot matches for the past 4-5 hours, even with buying a Stimpack with the spare battle.net balance I had. Shit goes sloooow.

ampere

From Duncan Jones Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc00IELUkAEhGau.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's a nice touch. I wonder if any of those posters will be readable in the background during the film or if they kinda just zoom by em fast while walking around and it'd require pressing pause to read

cdyhybrid

It's a nice touch. I wonder if any of those posters will be readable in the background during the film or if they kinda just zoom by em fast while walking around and it'd require pressing pause to read

Probably the latter. Collecting bear asses doesn't really fit the epic adventure/war vibe they're going for.

Yeah I was level 16 before I decided today I'd go for the pet. Almost 19 now having played just bot matches for the past 4-5 hours, even with buying a Stimpack with the spare battle.net balance I had. Shit goes sloooow.

If you can wrangle a few people in HotS gen chat or from GAF and add them as friends, that can boost your exp gain.

Tenebrous

If you can wrangle a few people in HotS gen chat or from GAF and add them as friends, that can boost your exp gain.

Too late now. Got the damn thing after about 7 hours of AI matches... Fun stuff.

Anyway, what's the addon that'll scan the Premade Groups for certain names/phrases? I've been teleporting throughout Tanaan for almost 20 hours now, at roughly 6 attempts an hour (given up arena resetting). This is shit design, honestly.

Edit: 22 hours solid... I'm not even joking. I played HotS from level 16 to 20 while still using the gem on CD, and FINALLY, at 07:22, I got ported to an untagged whatever his name is - AND I WON! WOOHOO!

Here's to title number 10850185 that I'll never use.

Not surprising. It's going to be how they try to funnel more people into raiding. Just like they did with the Legendary Ring.

I can now drop people into the pit of old Dalaran. For science.

Top Bottom