• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Almost into Outlands myself on my reroll druid. If anyone needs any battle pets on Defias Brotherhood (EU), let me know, and I'll do you a good discount!

Made 2.5k gold so far with pets and lowbie transmog items, but I spunked 2k on Hexweave bags, so I'm in pretty poor shape going into Outland, haha.

Tenebrous

Do you have mining? Khorium farming is a little time consuming but it's damned profitable.

Sod that. I'd rather just power to 100 and farm some old instances... I'd just love to get enough gold to get 280% flying, if nothing else.

So I decided my next WoW project now that The Insane is done will be archaeology. Damned bug mount.

Archaeology is 100x worse than The Insane. Don't even look at the Relic Hunter achievement.

Azzurri

I have a Ret Pally already, but I would like something new. I played Mage, Warlock and Pally in Vanilla, but only pally recently.

Have not really played since the Vanilla days, just a month or so in WoD and that's basically it. As you can tell classes are not what they were like back then; even though Pally isn't too much different from it's just a little more active now.

Anyways, so no to the question. I want to trying something I've never really played at all which right now is Shaman and Warrior. For Shaman I really like the ElE. spec I've seen because I love playing casters and I like to heal some, BUT I really hate the race choices of Shamans. The only race and gender I remotely like is Orc Female because they don't have a tail, wear boots, not short and don't hunch over.

And for Warrior Fury just looks really fun and the armor, weapons and transmog have always been my favorite. Plus, the DMG and pure AoE carnage.

Tenebrous

As someone who's played Warriors since TBC and now has around 350 days /played on that class alone, I've gotta be honest & say I've never really liked fury, and the current playstyle hasn't sold me, either.

What I CAN recommend, though, is gladiator spec! The numbers are huge, and that's what gets me going more than anything else.

Mitch

Banned
So I decided my next WoW project now that The Insane is done will be archaeology. Damned bug mount.
This is what I did. Got bored and decided to do a chain of achievements.

Seeker > Loremaster > Insane

What a trip that was. Farming lockboxes, herbs, milling, camping pirates and experiencing all of the lore. Extremely fulfilling. Then MoP came out and I decided to tackle archaeology. Ended up being one of the first players on Kil'jaeden-US to get the Seeker of Knowledge meta.

There's a lot of archaeology I can do on Draenor, but I just don't have it in me.

I have a Ret Pally already, but I would like something new. I played Mage, Warlock and Pally in Vanilla, but only pally recently.

Have not really played since the Vanilla days, just a month or so in WoD and that's basically it. As you can tell classes are not what they were like back then; even though Pally isn't too much different from it's just a little more active now.

Anyways, so no to the question. I want to trying something I've never really played at all which right now is Shaman and Warrior. For Shaman I really like the ElE. spec I've seen because I love playing casters and I like to heal some, BUT I really hate the race choices of Shamans. The only race and gender I remotely like is Orc Female because they don't have a tail, wear boots, not short and don't hunch over.

And for Warrior Fury just looks really fun and the armor, weapons and transmog have always been my favorite. Plus, the DMG and pure AoE carnage.

What do you mean by EIE spec? Elemental? It's fun. I was doing some decent numbers in my raid last night, but shamans in general fall behind other classes in DPS pretty quickly. Not sure if that's something you care about. My main this expansion has been shaman (and I've played all three specs evenly, too, but my favorite is probably restoration) but I'll likely be changing mains for Legion.

I haven't played a Fury warrior but I'm playing an Arms warrior right now and it's tons of fun. Like Tenebros says, too, Gladiator is apparently awesome! I haven't messed around with that too much yet, though.

Lomax

It's bad enough The Black Morass is.

Durnholde is fucking awful and for some reason I played it more than BC dungeons from 58-68 in the not-so-random dungeon finder. I'm not touching the dungeon finder until after a bit of questing through Northrend. I understand Durnholde being accessible via the Caverns of Time but it really, really, really should not be in the dungeon finder. The huuuuuuuuuge gaps in between which anything meaningful occurs, the fact that riding your ground mount is faster than riding the flying dragons, the missable quest turn-in with Thrall, the clunky NPC reset after it deviates from its scripted path, Thralls Vanilla level riding speed. It's just bad.

I would rather level a toon through BC questing content than risk ever playing through Durnholde again.

I enjoyed Durnholde and think it's well designed, but it's certainly a far step from the current "blast through in 15 minutes for maximum rewards" dungeon design.

Fjordson

Man that caused me to unsub for a few months in MoP lol. Took me a solid month where every single moment I played was spent grinding for that mount. Was so sick of the game after that I had to take a break. I'm glad I got it, but it was brutal.

I wish I had it in me to grind Archaeology again for the Zin'rokh transmog, but I don't think I do.

New alpha build revealed a bunch of new stuff, including this sheep head staff.

503502.jpg

ampere

Sheep staff is what we all deserve.

I wonder if it's just silly xmog or if there's some profession/other gameplay involved with it, like how there's a fishing rod artifact

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dat karma, won heroic tier gloves but traded them to a guy for his 4p, then I bonus rolled both the heroic tier chest and heroic Calamity's Edge.

EDIT: Holy shit, I go do my weekly BWL for transmog and I get my Wrath belt for full set AND a fucking Orb of Deception which sells for 20k on my server. What a night.

I enjoyed Durnholde and think it's well designed, but it's certainly a far step from the current "blast through in 15 minutes for maximum rewards" dungeon design.

If I could murder Thrall in that barn, I would. I keep trying but the game keeps saying "invalid target".

Tenebrous

Even back in TBC, Durnholde was one of those dungeons I felt I could do once and not be disappointed if I never had to do it again.

JSoup

Banned
*sees new transmog achievements*
You know, I was sort of hoping they'd go full retard on this one.
"Collect 1200 different transmog pieces"
"Collect 4 complete tier sets"
"Collect 4 complete mage tier sets"
etc.

ampere

They might, this is the first batch of transmog achievements that they've added. I'm sure there will be more in the future.

Tenebrous

Got a link to the achievements? Edit: Found them.

How about rep achievements? When the Beloved was moved from 70 to 60 in MoP (even though people like myself ended Cata with 62/63 exalted factions), I kinda lost faith in Blizzard adding anything relevant to that achievement again. Should've given up when they just moved the Exalted to 50 in Cata...

Tenebrous

Northrend is so damn slow, I'm tempted to grab another Rapid Mind pot and get boosted again. Did 63.0 to 69.7 in one pot yesterday, which was nice.

Neil_J_UK

You know, I really liked archaeology in MoP. Having that mount to aim for (even though I still don't have it) and Zin'Rokh (sp?) made it feel rewarding. I was so disappointed when I saw how terrible the archaeology rewards were in WoD.

Robin64

I don't have many hopes for Archaeology in Legion, even under the new improved professions system they are shouting about. When they outright said they wished they left it as a Cataclysm only thing, that spoke volumes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know, I really liked archaeology in MoP. Having that mount to aim for (even though I still don't have it) and Zin'Rokh (sp?) made it feel rewarding. I was so disappointed when I saw how terrible the archaeology rewards were in WoD.
Those were the Cataclysm archaeology rewards though. MoP just made it easier to farm for them.

Are they adding some kind of anti-bot captcha?

It would be about damn time. Just doing archaeology I see bots in Sra'Vess (for example) almost always. It's so easy to report them too, damn 90s in boosted gear with (usually) few achievements on the account besides ones for earning gold.

Bots are probably the thing that pisses me off most in the game right now, as they detract from legitimate players who like to grind/farm (which I occasionally partake in).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That Chronicles book.

There's some fucking heavy new retcons in that book, and to be honest I don't even mind. All sorts of crazy new shit about Old Gods and the Void, how they related to Sargeras' downfall and the creation of the Burning Legion, fucking titans being like celestial larva that have planets cocoons and "Azeroth" is actually the name the Titans gave to the titan soul that is inside the planet.

I actually just ordered it from Amazon, cuz why not. I love hardcover nerd lore books.

I wonder how much of that stuff is going to be explicit in Legion.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There's some fucking heavy new retcons in that book, and to be honest I don't even mind. All sorts of crazy new shit about Old Gods and the Void, how they related to Sargeras' downfall and the creation of the Burning Legion, fucking titans being like celestial larva that have planets cocoons and "Azeroth" is actually the name the Titans gave to the titan soul that is inside the planet.

Kind of curious about that as well.

Apparently Sargeras has killed all the Titans?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It would be about damn time. Just doing archaeology I see bots in Sra'Vess (for example) almost always. It's so easy to report them too, damn 90s in boosted gear with (usually) few achievements on the account besides ones for earning gold.

Bots are probably the thing that pisses me off most in the game right now, as they detract from legitimate players who like to grind/farm (which I occasionally partake in).

So you would have to enter your password, your authenticator code and then a captcha just to log into WoW?

I mean, damn... thank god you only need to enter your authenticator once in a while rather than every single time.

Robin64

Yeah, apparently The Void and The Light are both actual dimensions, and the magic we use based on them in Azeroth is those dimension leaking into ours. Pretty awesome.

So you would have to enter your password, your authenticator code and then a captcha just to log into WoW?

"It looks like you've been mining for 20 minutes. Please enter this captcha to continue."

kek

ZenaxPure

I actually just ordered it from Amazon, cuz why not. I love hardcover nerd lore books.

To be honest its about time they cleaned up their mess. When they did the ultimate mega history retcon in TBC they never bothered to fill in the blanks with new history. They just sorta left everything about Sargeras and his motives dangling without going into any detail. The chronicle is finally after all these years fixing that disaster up and it looks pretty incredible. I'm pretty happy about how their handing his character now because it makes a lot more sense then just "lol im a bad guy now for a completely random reason I'm not going to bother explaining" that they left us with in TBC.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, for sure. It used to just be "he saw a lot of demons and they were mean and so he decided all of creation is a mistake if I can't make the demons stop being mean", which is pretty dumb. Having the underlying core of his motivation actually being a warped sense of benevolence caused by knowing that a void-controlled existence is worse than no existence (and destroying planets specifically to deny them from the Void) is certainly more compelling.

I mean, he's still an insane evil god creature, but at least he has a cool origin story now. It's also cool that they have pretty much permanently confirmed that Old Gods and the Burning Legion do not like each other, given that the BL's very existence is due to Sargeras wanting to prevent more Old Gods (and their Void masters) from taking over.

Top Bottom