• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I really need server transfers to go on sale. We found a new guild when trying normals and everything seemed to click. The problem is all my current characters are interconnected to make money so I can't just move one. But my old guild is dead. Super dead. Not sure what to do at this point. I really don't want to raid, tbh, but my wife does. These guys do pvp though. Arenas are a lot of fun.

Neil_J_UK

I really need server transfers to go on sale. We found a new guild when trying normals and everything seemed to click. The problem is all my current characters are interconnected to make money so I can't just move one. But my old guild is dead. Super dead. Not sure what to do at this point. I really don't want to raid, tbh, but my wife does. These guys do pvp though. Arenas are a lot of fun.

Yup... I'd love to move servers but with 8 characters on one server, I'm very reluctant to even consider it.

Robin64

tw3Mr9O.png

Perfect. Been waiting for this one.

Yup... I'd love to move servers but with 8 characters on one server, I'm very reluctant to even consider it.

Yeah, same here. What's worse is the new server looks like it only has about 10k more people, and who knows if they're active. The server sizes are very similar so I don't want to jump from medium pop server to medium pop server and PAY to do so.

Yo why is the garrison blueprint achievement for 60? I'm at 52 and I have every single blueprint that isn't the level 2 and 3s for the professions I dont have. What is the point? It should be 50. Just gotta waste gold now

StMeph

It just means that we'll get a Nazjatar raid with Azshara and N'zoth in 7.2 confirmed for sure!

New Hearthstone Raid Coming in 7.2!

The new Raid game mode will allow you to face N'zoth and Queen Azshara in the depths of Nazjatar with two of your friends in the most difficult challenge Hearthstone has to offer!

ampere

tw3Mr9O.png

Perfect. Been waiting for this one.

The option is great, but for leveling/etc it's going to be hard to beat pet Frost Nova -> 2 Fingers of Frost charges

Yo why is the garrison blueprint achievement for 60? I'm at 52 and I have every single blueprint that isn't the level 2 and 3s for the professions I dont have. What is the point? It should be 50. Just gotta waste gold now

It's a dumb goldsink achievement

Robin64

The option is great, but for leveling/etc it's going to be hard to beat pet Frost Nova -> 2 Fingers of Frost charges

Mostly it's that I can't stand having a big dumb thing following me around all the time, but I love the fantasy of an ice mage. I can always put it away now, but the penalty for doing so is too much.

Greatly reducing the cost of server/faction transfers is probably one of the best things they could do for the game at this point, IMO. If the game is continuing to contract in size, allowing people to consolidate is pretty important. 4+ characters is not uncommon right now, and expecting people to drop $100 plus to transfer them seems unrealistic.

StMeph

Improving the rate of server transfers by cutting prices would also hasten the demise of small servers and force Blizzard's hand in merging more servers.

I don't think that would be a bad thing for the game, but I can imagine that's not something they want to actively encourage.

Fjordson

Mostly it's that I can't stand having a big dumb thing following me around all the time, but I love the fantasy of an ice mage. I can always put it away now, but the penalty for doing so is too much.
Totally agree. I like the idea of not needing the elemental as frost.

cdyhybrid

Haven't been a fan of Vengeance DH so far, feels so disjointed and super spikey in damage intake. Double jump and glide is so cool though, just exploring and jumping up shit

I wouldn't know, because Blizzard won't give me an alpha invite.

Blizzard pls

ZenaxPure

So what are the odds we'll be able to upgrade the legendary ring with apexis crystals in the pre-launch patch?

Maybe? Wouldn't surprise me if they removed valor again in 7.0 (since nothing on the alpha so far has mentioned valor gear or item upgrades) and then switched item upgrades over to apexis instead of valor, Kinda like lesser charms for MoP. Can upgrade the ring right now with valor so if they remove it again they'd either have to remove the option to upgrade it (outside of archimonde kills) or change the currency.

ampere

I wouldn't know, because Blizzard won't give me an alpha invite.

Blizzard pls

Time to buy that 13/13 carry!

They are letting a bunch of pvpers in now for pvp testing, but the queue system isn't working well. Maybe more people will be invited when they sort it out

KLoWn

For the people that have raided in both MoP and WoD, which expansion had the best ones?
I've heard pretty good things about both, but I'm curious what you think.

Tenebrous

For the people that have raided in both MoP and WoD, which expansion had the best ones?
I've heard pretty good things about both, but I'm curious what you think.

I was casual throughout MoP & early(ish) WoD (I did raid properly for the first few weeks of Highmaul), so my opinion doesn't matter much, but still, I'd rank the raids as such.

Blackrock > Throne of Thunder = Siege of Orgrimmar > Hellfire Citadel >= Terrace of Endless Spring >>> Heart of Fear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Highmaul.

Highmaul is the worst raid I've seen in my life.

archimonde is easier, dont worry.

Oh by the way idk if you knew but we have one guy from WWA in our group right now. Might be picking up another on his Monk soon. Diamond (Mage and was on DK tonight for us when our other DPS DK had connection issues - think he mains a Hunter) and the new app is FriedMudkipz or something like that.

Milennia

Oh by the way idk if you knew but we have one guy from WWA in our group right now. Might be picking up another on his Monk soon. Diamond (Mage and was on DK tonight for us when our other DPS DK had connection issues - think he mains a Hunter) and the new app is FriedMudkipz or something like that.

OH that guy... Yeah not my fave

Those guys are post my time in the guild

Mitch

Banned
Haven't played since early February, but got the urge to play after screwing around on that classic private server. Decided to solo Ulduar for a transmog and ended up doing it on several alts just for the hell of it.

Got pretty lucky.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Has there been any inclination on when Legion is going to drop?

There's a rumor goin around that a fansite will have beta keys to give out on March 21st, and they said theyre launching it around the movie.

So probably june. Don't know if that means 7.0 is in may or june though, may would make the most sense.

Tacitus_

Yeah definitely easier, you only get 1 doomfire in p1 now, p2 is like 3 sets of chains at most and p3 is done as quickly as it used to be with lust, without lust

Yeah we're going with the 1 doomfire strat but can't hit it everytime now that our boomkin and arcane mage are on vacation T_T

Mitch

Banned
I hate you.
Don't hate the player. Hate the game!

This reminds me of the time I got Ji-Kun's mount the first time I set foot in normal Throne of Thunder. Rolled a 92. Still going for Invincible. I've done it on 9 characters a week for at least two years.

Greatly reducing the cost of server/faction transfers is probably one of the best things they could do for the game at this point, IMO. If the game is continuing to contract in size, allowing people to consolidate is pretty important. 4+ characters is not uncommon right now, and expecting people to drop $100 plus to transfer them seems unrealistic.

Agreed. Speaking of that, anyone have any suggestions for a high pop alliance pve server that's east coast? I like to raid but I also like to PVP so I don't want something that's like 90% alliance and 10 % horde.

Dalaran is the second largest NA PVE server, it's EST and it's population is evenly split between both factions but its server cluster is on the west coast I believe.

Top Bottom