• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ZenaxPure

Yeah, for sure. It used to just be "he saw a lot of demons and they were mean and so he decided all of creation is a mistake if I can't make the demons stop being mean", which is pretty dumb. Having the underlying core of his motivation actually being a warped sense of benevolence caused by knowing that a void-controlled existence is worse than no existence (and destroying planets specifically to deny them from the Void) is certainly more compelling.

Yeah it was pretty obvious even at the time that the new lore was slapped together when they realized the colossal fuck up they had made, absolutely no thought was put into it. That's not to say I'm defending the pre-TBC lore though cause to be honest the original Sargeras origin story with the Eredar corruption was pretty ZZZZzzzz worthy as well.

Worked out in the end I guess, really love all this new backstory. Can't fucking wait for my copy of the book to be delivered, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. The book covers so much of the past that we've read about but they've never bothered to cover. It's pretty much the ultimate blank filler for everything pre-WC1.

Micapo

I totally would do this

Just came back from a working trip in Finland (like not even an hour ago) and would almost be willing to be your tutor so you can continue to be the shining star of gaf when it comes to cutting edge raiding because that perspective is so damn interesting (for filthy casuals) but I guess your skills will help you find whatever guild you want... :)

Keep us us updated... wanna see a cutting edge (gaf) raider tackling bosses in legion!

Milennia

Just came back from a working trip in Finland (like not even an hour ago) and would almost be willing to be your tutor so you can continue to be the shining star of gaf when it comes to cutting edge raiding because that perspective is so damn interesting (for filthy casuals) but I guess your skills will help you find whatever guild you want... :)

Keep us us updated... wanna see a cutting edge (gaf) raider tackling bosses in legion!

Haha that's actually a really cool offer but sadly I don't have what that guild needs :p

They will stay together for sure and will more than likely re hold over time like my current guild did, I will continue to raid at my current level in legion so I will still bring everyone the drama info and boss updates etc. I really like telling people about my experiences since many people don't experience this type of thing

Retcons aren't really anything new to WarCraft. Hell, like actual Biblical Hell used to exist in WarCraft II and Deathwing used to be part of the Horde, but somehow made it back to Azeroth after the Dark Portal was destroyed and ended up in Deepholm.

Tacitus_

Oliko mimmonen reissu?

Shahadan

There's some fucking heavy new retcons in that book,

That's not how retcons work. Anything from the old gods, void and light, or even the titans and the legion is a fucking blur. They never told much about any of their own lore, probably because they never really thought about it, but what people mention from the chronicles book are just expanded details and stuff that was just unknown before.

Draeneis were an obvious retcon though.

ZenaxPure

That's not how retcons work. Anything from the old gods, void and light, or even the titans and the legion is a fucking blur. They never told much about any of their own lore, probably because they never really thought about it, but what people mention from the chronicles book are just expanded details and stuff that was just unknown before.

Draeneis were an obvious retcon though.

Yeah I don't like how willy nilly people throw around the word retcon. A retcon is anything that contradicts previous knowledge, stuff like Naaru and Titan backstory has never really been talked about so any new info is not a retcon, it's just simply new info. Most of the actual retcons in the chronicle we've seen so far are pretty minor things.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So where are these book leaks coming from, anyway? The book isn't even out for another week.

Some people got the book early through whatever methods people can do such things.

CassSept

Wow, I didn't know that book about Azeroth has a map of pre-Sundering Azeroth too.

They sure are making it harder to asspull new regions in the future.

Lomax

All this map talk is really making me want that book now. Almost surprised it doesn't come with some sort of in game tie in.

Milennia

OK i can finally talk about it, the guild vodka is now dead essentially, some key members had irl hit them hard during farm and we will not be moving forward, so i will be guild searching.

Rokam

OK i can finally talk about it, the guild vodka is now dead essentially, some key members had irl hit them hard during farm and we will not be moving forward, so i will be guild searching.

But who will I buy runs from now?? Sad to see them end :(.

I'll believe a release date when it comes from Blizzard themselves.

And maybe not even then

I'm with you. Legion isn't even in beta yet, ugh.

I mean, that timing would be perfect for them as it's not too soon after the movie releases, so the movie could get people hyped up, start playing for a few weeks and then the new xpac will drop, but... I don't want to get my hopes up at this point.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
June 30 seems way too optimistic given Legion still technically isn't in "beta". I'm thinking around August.

i mean, June 30th would mean 7.0 in early/mid June, which would mean 7.0 on the PTR by May at the latest. That doesn't seem totally feasible atm.

ampere

I doubt the devs have a release date yet. A target? Sure

June 30th would be at best, the 7.0 patch with the expac another month away. There are still specs that aren't on alpha, and there's so much raid testing and tuning to be done

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Alpha vs. Beta is a pretty meaningless distinction, but Legion looks like it's in a pretty strange place progress-wise. All dungeons implemented, heroic versions ready but not enabled. Meanwhile, zones and gameplay systems still seem far behind. Still need to implement half of their zones, do something with the follower threads, create a new interface for scalable challenge modes, and establish some of the repeatable world content. Almost makes me wonder if there will be a Tanaan situation again.

Lomax

This isn't FF14, where every special edition of everything comes with an in game pet.

But they do... heck even Blizzard's other games come with WoW pets. And their events, and, well, almost everything. I'm not saying it needs an in game pet tie in, but I'm surprised there isn't one.

Milennia

But who will I buy runs from now?? Sad to see them end :(.

we will still be selling for a bit but everyone will be either dispersing or going hyper casual-taking a break within about 6 weeks or so

NA raiding is in the worst state its been in the history of the game atm with this death especially, and i am hearing things about other guilds that may be going the way of the road soon as well.

so i finally had a look over my classic rogue who i brainlessly capped at launch but haven't "played" since wrath

i still having a some vanilla items and all of my original macros, including a "STRANGER DANGER" macro from a VoA pug in wotlk

anyways, long story short, the name i have on him is AWFUL and i want to change it. suggestions?

also i have no gold, if anyone wants to give me enough to afford my level 3 garrison on whisperwind for some gold on area 52 horde, i can do that

JSoup

Banned
But they do... heck even Blizzard's other games come with WoW pets. And their events, and, well, almost everything. I'm not saying it needs an in game pet tie in, but I'm surprised there isn't one.

I was speaking of non-game stuff, like books and CDs. Every FF14 art book and OST has come with a pet code. Blizzard tends to no do that for non-gaming items, although there are exceptions. That windrider plush is adorable.

cdyhybrid

we will still be selling for a bit but everyone will be either dispersing or going hyper casual-taking a break within about 6 weeks or so

NA raiding is in the worst state its been in the history of the game atm with this death especially, and i am hearing things about other guilds that may be going the way of the road soon as well.

Yeah, with Legion so far off I have to imagine a lot of guilds will be shutting it down. Remains to be seen if others will rise from their ashes or if this will be something the game can't recover from.

cdyhybrid

TFW when you collect 101 restored artifacts and get nothing. #FeelsBadMan

Might try and do 200 before opening them next time.

Archaeology?

gIT8CVC.jpg

Milennia

Yeah, with Legion so far off I have to imagine a lot of guilds will be shutting it down. Remains to be seen if others will rise from their ashes or if this will be something the game can't recover from.

Nothing is forming atm, this is quite literally the Great Depression of the wow raiding scene in terms of competitive ranking at least

We had one of if not the best roster, yet many of these players will just straight up quit now, so the pool is just that much smaller, for perspective guilds that were us 6th etc in NA this tier will or should be top 5 or 4 next tier without question.

Top Bottom