• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Lomax

Dalaran is the second largest NA PVE server, it's EST and it's population is evenly split between both factions but its server cluster is on the west coast I believe.

It's been marked for new players since last summer, which shows how much churn and growth this game continues to have, even now.

Edit: by growth I mean players starting for the first time.

It's been marked for new players since last summer, which shows how much churn and growth this game continues to have, even now.

Edit: by growth I mean players starting for the first time.

It makes sense they'd move them towards a big server now. If people join a ghost server I can't see them sticking around.

Lomax

It makes sense they'd move them towards a big server now. If people join a ghost server I can't see them sticking around.

Well it wasn't a big server then, it's just sucked up a huge portion of the new players since then. You can really tell too, there's good things about it and bad things.

I would've sworn they made the Harrison Jones quest rotate in order now. Maybe I'm wrong. But today's daily is the same as yesterday's, maybe servers being wonky due to the time change?

Lomax

I would've sworn they made the Harrison Jones quest rotate in order now. Maybe I'm wrong. But today's daily is the same as yesterday's, maybe servers being wonky due to the time change?

Yeah I noticed that too. Curious to see if it picks up where it left off tomorrow, or if it is something different.

Yeah I noticed that too. Curious to see if it picks up where it left off tomorrow, or if it is something different.

Must've just been bugged. Today I got the last one I needed, all in order otherwise.

If I level any more characters anytime soon, it's probably worth doing to catch the followers up. Just have him on my Druid for now who was the latest to hit 100.

Tenebrous

Prot Warr CMs. I have bonus armor/mastery for all possible items, mastery + crit/vers for everything else except for shield (which I can find/farm no problem). Just wondering what trinkets I should roll with (does Worldbreaker's work well for CM's? Anzu's Cursed Plume is a no brainer, but I have all the HFC trinkets plus the Stam/Mastery trinket from Everbloom). Also, does the non-legendary ring proc for 15/10% strength still work? If not, I have a noble JC ring anyway.

Looks like the new Hearthstone cosmetic hero for Paladin (Liadrin) will be available if you have a level 20 or above WoW character from the Russian patch notes, although that has since been removed. In any case, Liadrin has some WoW tie in, kind of like Graves and HotS

JSoup

Banned

Depends on how the new users are playing. I tend to play WoW like it's a single player game with annoying NPCs that chatter on about Trump.

Zackat

Dalaran is the second largest NA PVE server, it's EST and it's population is evenly split between both factions but its server cluster is on the west coast I believe.

Dalaran is still alive? Man. I was in the top guild on that server back in BC. It's population was basically dead last I checked.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Monk xmog ready for Legion.
wowscrnshot_031416_19exq46.jpg

JSoup

Banned
Confirmed, if you raise a character to level 20 in WoW you get Lady Liadrin in Hearthstone.

Note this doesn't count if you already have a char above 20, lol.

I've had worse reasons to level alts on other realms.
Worth noting, for those of us that are currently not subbed, you can log into a any sub-20 character and still get this achievement.

ZenaxPure

Said it in the hearthstone thread but it's hilarious how many people are leveling characters in low level zones atm. Way more than I usually see this time of night even with CRZ. That hearthstone hero thirst is real.

Did anyone else pre order the Chronicle book? Mine will be here tomorrow. Always up for more lore from Lord Metzen.

Yeah I preordered it but I doubt I will get it tomorrow, went with scrub-tier shipping. Gah I want it so bad, the stuff that has came out so far has been amazing and apparently there is even more awesome stuff no one has spoiled yet.

phierce

Confirmed, if you raise a character to level 20 in WoW you get Lady Liadrin in Hearthstone.

Note this doesn't count if you already have a char above 20, lol.
So, with many of us having double-digit hundreds, we still have to level another toon to 20 to unlock this? Not a big issue, and I'll do it for sure, but just seems a bit odd.

Lomax

I wonder if using a boost counts as leveling to 20. Still have a 90 boost sitting unused.

Also, anyone know anywhere selling the Chronicle book that would be cheaper than the current $24 amazon price?

Finding it hard to log-in just to do Garrison stuff on my 2 100's even though there's a fair bit of passive gold gain with both and the effort required is next to nil. It's easy gold but it's boring. Since I don't have an active project I want to persue wiht either it's becoming more and more of a chore. My progress on the other alts I want to level for Legion has stalled but for some reason I latched on to a Belf Paladin and have been leveling it up entirely in PVE without heirlooms, no aid funneled in from my alts and no dungeon queuing outside of the class item quests. For some reason this has been more compelling than any other toon I'm currently leveling, I think because there's a lot cool plate armor, 1H/2H swords, shields and Belf themed stuff from BC.

So, with many of us having double-digit hundreds, we still have to level another toon to 20 to unlock this? Not a big issue, and I'll do it for sure, but just seems a bit odd.

Not really odd, they want to lock someone new in to WoW. They're using this non-WoW players liking of Hearthstone to funnel them into WoW and get them to commit long enough to a free trial character to make them maybe want to sub to WoW. You they already have.

Zackat

Said it in the hearthstone thread but it's hilarious how many people are leveling characters in low level zones atm. Way more than I usually see this time of night even with CRZ. That hearthstone hero thirst is real.

Yeah I preordered it but I doubt I will get it tomorrow, went with scrub-tier shipping. Gah I want it so bad, the stuff that has came out so far has been amazing and apparently there is even more awesome stuff no one has spoiled yet.

The illustrations just from the preview on Amazon look amazing. I hope they are already working on the next volume.

The window must be kind of forgiving cos I just logged in to my new Belf Pali, which was already past 20 and got the achievement and I guess that deck if I ever install and play Hearthstone.

phierce

Not really odd, they want to lock someone new in to WoW. They're using this non-WoW players liking of Hearthstone to funnel them into WoW and get them to commit long enough to a free trial character to make them maybe want to sub to WoW. You they already have.
If they're primarily targeting hearthstone players who do not play wow, they would still have to level a toon to 20 in WoW to unlock it for hearthstone. Current WoW players with 12 level 100 toons, who also play hearthstone, need to level another to 20 just for the hell of it? Odd.

Shahadan

If they're primarily targeting hearthstone players who do not play wow, they would still have to level a toon to 20 in WoW to unlock it for hearthstone. Current WoW players with 12 level 100 toons, who also play hearthstone, need to level another to 20 just for the hell of it? Odd.

Not odd at all, otherwise they would basically be giving this to millions of people who left over the years, and if there is a chance to get them back it's worth it.

Also gives current subscribers something to do, lol/

Daniel R

The HS hero gives me a reason to start levelling a new character to even out the numbers of chars on my two accounts. That way I can level another pair together through Legion.

I think I will go with a Mistweaver monk. I know absolutely nothing about that spec.

ZenaxPure

Not odd at all, otherwise they would basically be giving this to millions of people who left over the years, and if there is a chance to get them back it's worth it./

Yeah I'd say this is the reason. Plenty of people who played WoW in the past but not currently who have characters over level 20. This way they have to download and play the game again.

cdyhybrid

Anyone got any plate suggestions for a pirate-ish look?

I threw this together really quick because it's pretty much the only red set I have (and I don't have any great matching weapons that don't look ridiculous), but I'd ideally like something that matches the hat and the guild tabard, even though they're slightly different shades of red.

JDm2gRv.png

Not a lot of pirate/sailor-esque options for plate users unless you're Alliance though =\

Lanrutcon

Just resubbed on a whim. Stopped playing after popping Foundry was released (Finished Highmaul Myth, but god that place sucked).

There's a lot of stuff to do. Apparently I can build ships now and Apexis is actually worth something.

Question: I'm 679 atm. Any recommended daily/weekly bits I should do for some easy upgrades? I hear Kazzak is back in town.

cdyhybrid

Just resubbed on a whim. Stopped playing after popping Foundry was released (Finished Highmaul Myth, but god that place sucked).

There's a lot of stuff to do. Apparently I can build ships now and Apexis is actually worth something.

Question: I'm 679 atm. Any recommended daily/weekly bits I should do for some easy upgrades? I hear Kazzak is back in town.

You can grind gear up to 695 for Apexis in Tanaan. Kazzak drops 705(?) gear, I think. Mythic dungeons drop gear up to 725. Honor gear is 700 in PvE if you don't mind PVPing for a bit.

Lanrutcon

You can grind gear up to 695 for Apexis in Tanaan. Kazzak drops 705(?) gear, I think. Mythic dungeons drop gear up to 725. Honor gear is 700 in PvE if you don't mind PVPing for a bit.

Nice. I'll gear up a bit and see if I can get to 700 so I can try those Mythic dungeons.

So a quick google says I need to hunt rares for the 650 item, then spend 20k Apexis upgrading it into something fierce?

Good luck farming Tanaan rares if you don't have flying. For Baleful tokens your best bet is to do Tanaan dailies, the lootable objects that appear in some of the blue daily areas give you Baleful tokens. Also you will be in proximity for rares spawning in the blue daily areas, you just need to be able to tag the rare with some damage before a swarm of flyers virtually insta-gib it.

The thing is farming Tanaan for Baleful tokens is slow. Farming Apexis can be slow-ish. Farming Ashran can go quickly if you get in a good group but that's problematic Horde-side.

Tomorrow Timewalking for Wrath starts, Seer Kazal will give you a quest that will reward you with enough TW currency that you can upgrade a bunch of gear to ilvl 675 with five TW dungeon runs.

Lanrutcon

Good luck farming Tanaan rares if you don't have flying. For Baleful tokens your best bet is to do Tanaan dailies, the lootable objects that appear in some of the blue daily areas give you Baleful tokens. Also you will be in proximity for rares spawning in the blue daily areas, you just need to be able to tag the rare with some damage before a swarm of flyers virtually insta-gib it.

The thing is farming Tanaan for Baleful tokens is slow. Farming Apexis can be slow-ish. Farming Ashran can go quickly if you get in a good group but that's problematic Horde-side.

Tomorrow Timewalking for Wrath starts, Seer Kazal will give you a quest that will reward you with enough TW currency that you can upgrade a bunch of gear to ilvl 675 with five TW dungeon runs.

I can't fly yet :( don't have the reputation part of the quest done. Timewalking sounds interesting. I'll make sure to try that too. See if I remember my Wrath dungeons :p

Get Tanaan Diplomat and Draenor Pathfinder, flying is worth it.

Sylvanas is such a monster. For shits and giggles I'm running my Belf Pali through Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest before progressing on through the rest of the northern part of the Eastern Kingdom. She's raising new Forsaken with Valkyr desite lamenting her existence, she has the Forsaken slaughtering the survivors of Hillsbrad and Gilneas, forcing them to choose between becoming a Forsaken or a Worgen, dropping plauge bombs on murlocs just cos and eventually breaking the Worgen and chasing them from the ruins of Gilneas. She's going to be worse than Garrosh.

2 edgy for u

I just hope she makes things more adversarial between the Horde and Alliance and doesn't further fracture the Horde. It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot holding them together at the moment.

Robin64

For what it's worth, I think the whole Forsaken experience is the best leveling there is in the game.

Tirisfal -> Silverpine -> Hillsbrad is an awesome trio of plague-ridden Forsaken love, some of the most fun and amusing quests are found in this section.

And then a little later, Western Plaguelands -> Eastern Plaguelands -> Badlands is also an excellent section.

Top Bottom