• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Micapo

So a quick google says I need to hunt rares for the 650 item, then spend 20k Apexis upgrading it into something fierce?

You can also keep an eye on heroic dungeon, LFR and timewalking satchels (basically you queue up when one is active. Often it's for tanks and healers but did 2 as dps yesterday) and if you get lucky you get an empowered upgrade item in the satchel as well as +500 gold and some random armor tokens.

Micapo

For what it's worth, I think the whole Forsaken experience is the best leveling there is in the game.

Tirisfal -> Silverpine -> Hillsbrad is an awesome trio of plague-ridden Forsaken love, some of the most fun and amusing quests are found in this section.

And then a little later, Western Plaguelands -> Eastern Plaguelands -> Badlands is also an excellent section.

Thanks to the hearthstone promotion and the Storyline addon I will finally experience this. I'm already done with Tirisfal and done a little less than half of Silverpine and you might be right. Pretty damn solid and interesting quests so far.

Edit: Double post

The low-level questing experience through the Forsaken zones is amazing with the exception of Arathi Highlands and the Hinterlands, which aren't bad, they're just kind of there. They're not part of that epic arc of conquest that you see in Silverpine Forest, the ruins of Gilneas and the Western Plaguelands in particular. I know the outcome of Andorhal changes based on your faction but it really feels like The Forsaken control almost the entire northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The low-level questing experience through the Forsaken zones is amazing with the exception of Arathi Highlands and the Hinterlands, which aren't bad, they're just kind of there. They're not part of that epic arc of conquest that you see in Silverpine Forest, the ruins of Gilneas and the Western Plaguelands in particular. I know the outcome of Andorhal changes based on your faction but it really feels like The Forsaken control almost the entire northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Not too surprising considering Blizzard didn't really touch those zones compared to the rest. Not as bad as Silithus or course(which is basically the same as before), but still.

Tacitus_

Speaking of low level forsaken quests, I just got my HS alt to this point

nEIHOKv.jpg

sogood.gif

Hixx

Levelling a monk and got to Redridge last night. Was pretty quiet.

Logged on this evening and Redridge is packed haha. Must have been 25-30 people doing the Gnoll quests right at the start. The hunger for that Hearthstone achievement is crazy.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I realized the other day that I haven't had an active sub in at least half a year. I miss WoW being a game that I actually want to play. Legion please come soon and please be good :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think it will be better than WoD and Cata. I'm hoping for about Mists caliber.

Peachpies

Anyone else thinking it'll be shit? Perhaps not WoD shit, but still shit.
It will be very similar to WoD where there is a lot of new stuff at the start and after a bit people will realize that at the base level the game is still exactly the same and then people will get bored and quit.

Fjordson

I think it'll be better than WoD. For me personally Blizz has yet to put out two disappointing expansions in a row. Like I didn't like Cata, but I loved Mists. I'm hoping they learned from WoD and can bounce back with Legion.

Nokterian

I realized the other day that I haven't had an active sub in at least half a year. I miss WoW being a game that I actually want to play. Legion please come soon and please be good :(

I haven't touched WoW since november last year...like i do not feel the need to play it. Also nearly 10 months now without new content it is disgraceful.

Anoregon

I just found out mine got delayed by at least a week. I'm pretty butthurt about it.

Trying to get a belt for transmog for my paladin that drops from Lei Shi. Haven't seen it drop, but I've successfully bonus rolled loot 6 weeks in a row now. As holy spec I can only bonus roll either the belt I want or the shoulders. Shoulders. Every. Fucking. Time. It was kind of amusing in a "game is trolling me" kind of way at 3-4 in a row, now I just want to burn Pandaria to the ground.

I'm gonna start back up to get my level 20 character for HS. I know recently heirlooms went BoA like pets/mounts are. How would I access this on a new toon?

I'm not gonna resubscribe, so I wouldn't have access to any of my max level toons.

Fjordson

I'm gonna start back up to get my level 20 character for HS. I know recently heirlooms went BoA like pets/mounts are. How would I access this on a new toon?

I'm not gonna resubscribe, so I wouldn't have access to any of my max level toons.
Heirlooms have a tab like mounts. You just click what you want and it appears in your bag.

But you have to purchase an heirloom first to have it show up in your heirloom tab.

edit: beaten

It's in the collection tab. Press shift-P.

Resub.

Thanks, and I will when Legion comes out. :p

Heirlooms have a tab like mounts. You just click what you want and it appears in your bag.

But you have to purchase an heirloom first to have it show up in your heirloom tab.

edit: beaten

Purchase it again? What about heirlooms I had already purchased leveling up other toons?

Also do all heirlooms show up or only the ones that would be usable for that class? I'm gonna pick a class based on whatever I have the most heirlooms for.

Fjordson

Thanks, and I will when Legion comes out. :p

Purchase it again? What about heirlooms I had already purchased leveling up other toons?

Also do all heirlooms show up or only the ones that would be usable for that class? I'm gonna pick a class based on whatever I have the most heirlooms for.
Nah, if you have an heirloom on any character then you don't have to purchase it again. It'll show up in your collection.

And I'm pretty sure you can pull out any heirloom on any class.

Arsin

Just got my Chronicle book today. Just flipping through the pages and I can already tell it is going to be an amazing read. It is really high quality and the art is mind blowing.

Reading this is only going to make the wait for Legion harder.

JSoup

Banned
Get Tanaan Diplomat and Draenor Pathfinder, flying is worth it.

Sylvanas is such a monster. For shits and giggles I'm running my Belf Pali through Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest before progressing on through the rest of the northern part of the Eastern Kingdom. She's raising new Forsaken with Valkyr desite lamenting her existence, she has the Forsaken slaughtering the survivors of Hillsbrad and Gilneas, forcing them to choose between becoming a Forsaken or a Worgen, dropping plauge bombs on murlocs just cos and eventually breaking the Worgen and chasing them from the ruins of Gilneas. She's going to be worse than Garrosh.

Try the Worgen openning.
Guy: Garrosh orders no plague use, got it?
Sylvanas: Yeah, yeah, I hear you.
Guy: *leaves*
Captain: So, Dark Lady, should I call back the plague cannons>
Sylvanas: Oh, grow up. Of fucking course we're using plague, we'll just clean up after Gilneas is toast, no one will be any the wiser.

Ultratech

I haven't touched WoW since november last year...like i do not feel the need to play it. Also nearly 10 months now without new content it is disgraceful.

Oof. I think it's been slightly over a year now since I've last touched WoW.

(Maybe I'll come back for Legion...)

cdyhybrid

You'll get in in the first 10, i'll send you all my luck now that i'm not using it for the rest of the expansion

I need all I can get! Doing my weekly Lich King/Yogg disappointment runs right now :(

Just buy it, only like 3 million gold!

lol, things costing over gold cap is so awkward and dumb

I'm far too lazy to ever get that rich.

I can do 20 minutes a day, keep gold missions running, and keep up with subscription tokens - that's enough for me.

Edit: BOOM!

xA4cGls.png

Apathy FTW!

Apathy

I need all I can get! Doing my weekly Lich King/Yogg disappointment runs right now :(

I'm far too lazy to ever get that rich.

I can do 20 minutes a day, keep gold missions running, and keep up with subscription tokens - that's enough for me.

Edit: BOOM!

xA4cGls.png

Apathy FTW!

Damn right, respect the apathy luck bump

Lately I've done my disappointment runs of Yogg on Mondays, so I won't know for a little bit how this week fares. Dumb thing is I probably won't even use the thing on most characters.

Wow, encountered what looks like a pretty serious bug in the ruins of Gilneas, the quest turn-in won't spawn near Godfrey's body, re-logging does nothing, quitting and re-launching does nothing and if you abandon it you can't re-accept it. I basically had to skip it and the rest of Silverpine and this apparently kind of common.

I'm not too upset since I've already done this questline and just fucked off to Hilsbrad but this isn't the first progression stopper I've encountered in the Forsaken starter zones. Orkus in Hilsbrad can be pretty bugged too.

Top Bottom