• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

I'm on a roll, baby!

CpqBDd0.png

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yesterday I decided to do some Raid Finder (Hellfire Citadel) to get some Valor Points. I had only done Hellbreach once before, and that was as numb as ever. But I didn't expect the later wings to be so greatly reduced in difficulty. Apart from some mechanics on Mannoroth (Shadowforce for example, where players need to avoid being pushed off the platform), most of it is just tank and spank. I know this is a tired rant, but I find it mindboggling that Raid Finder is a source of Valor Points while Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids are not. You can of course do Mythic Dungeons, but none of my guildies were up to group content at that point. Ah well.

Tenebrous

Need advice for arms spec (I'm going DPS so they can put the two other tanks against each other to see who they're keeping).

Mythic Doomcrier's Shoulderplates (745)
366 Strength
285 Crit
202 Mastery

Heroic Warforged Tier Chest (726)
409 Strength
225 Haste
319 Multistrike

Total
Strength = 775
Crit = 285
Mastery = 202

vs

Heroic Tier Shoulders (720)
290 Strength
226 Crit
160 Multistrike

Mythic Chestguard of Ill Fate (735)
444 Strength
384 Mastery
207 Multistrike

Total
734 Strength
226 Crit
384 Mastery

So...

775 vs 734 strength (+41)
285 vs 226 crit (+59)
202 vs 384 mastery (-182)
225 haste vs 0 haste (+225)
319 multi vs 367 (-48)

I know strength > all, but that's a shit load of mastery to give up.

Lomax

theres nothing worse then fighting the fel touched pets in Tanaan and they have rares with them

why is this allowed

Emerald proto whelp. Just shield and heal until the buff wears off. Also if it's the crabs, try catching them when they submerge, sometimes it works and saves you that big hit.

ZenaxPure

Emerald proto whelp. Just shield and heal until the buff wears off. Also if it's the crabs, try catching them when they submerge, sometimes it works and saves you that big hit.

This is what I do as well, emerald proto whelp is MVP in the Tanaan pet battles.

I've been doing Pandaren Water Spirit/Chrominius/Lil' Bad Wolf for the Gronnling combo which will take out most of the Fel Pets except Vile Blood of Draenor, Dreadwalker and a few others. I've used an Anubisath to clean up but I guess I will switch to Emerald Whelp because he can soak damage as well.

ZenaxPure

Speaking of the Tanaan pet battles is the Nightmare Bell a super low drop rate? I have multiple of all the other pets but 0 bells. Figured it's probably rare because of how cool it looks but I could just be super un-lucky. I want one!!

Speaking of the Tanaan pet battles is the Nightmare Bell a super low drop rate? I have multiple of all the other pets but 0 bells. Figured it's probably rare because of how cool it looks but I could just be super un-lucky. I want one!!

I've only gotten one but it took me 70 or so battles to get one of the Seaborne Spores. It sells for around 21k on the AH. I've gotten multiple of the Zangar Spores and Periwinkle Calfs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't played since they added it, but how rare is that timewalking mount? Is it like a 1% drop off any timewalking boss? less?

ampere

I haven't played since they added it, but how rare is that timewalking mount? Is it like a 1% drop off any timewalking boss? less?

Something like that, but it's personal loot so I don't think places like Wowhead have a method of tracking the droprate.

Robin64

Questing in the Barrens at night now is so damn cool. It's not as pitch black as I've seen people want it, but you still have to be able to see, dammit. But the difference from how it was is amazing. It does feel like night time now, and I love it.

strafer

Questing in the Barrens at night now is so damn cool. It's not as pitch black as I've seen people want it, but you still have to be able to see, dammit. But the difference from how it was is amazing. It does feel like night time now, and I love it.

yep

Lomax

I've been doing Pandaren Water Spirit/Chrominius/Lil' Bad Wolf for the Gronnling combo which will take out most of the Fel Pets except Vile Blood of Draenor, Dreadwalker and a few others. I've used an Anubisath to clean up but I guess I will switch to Emerald Whelp because he can soak damage as well.

Just water spirit/chrominius is enough for most of them. And the flying ones can be soloed down by a Sprite Darter or Fragment of desire. Then use the Whelp to clean up the others. It really just comes down to waiting out the buff. I don't bother doing the harder ones again because you can do each one on multiple characters.

I have two bells but none of the spores. On the other hand, I still only have one of the Erris/Kura pets. RNG is evil.

It has to be less than 1 in 100 or they would be everywhere now. I'm guessing 1 in 1000 off any boss. Might be higher off the last bosses.

I like the low level Forsaken and Belf zones like Ghostlands and Hilsbrad Foothills because of the world boss quests. They force people to work together. I kind of wish there was more of that prevalent throughout the leveling experience in the rest of the game.

ampere

I had some terrible latency earlier (5pm Eastern), but after the BlizzCS post that said they fixed it, I haven't had any issues

Ok I got a question for the "Rock Lover" achievement. I've been checking the Therazane daily givers every day and I have never seen the quest. Is it just super rare?

Daniel R

3KrHHng.png

the fuck did i just get?
is this a guaranteed drop or what

The first one will always be the spec your loot is set to, then the others can drop.

Edit: So after you get your first trinket, you can get the other 4 which may or may not be useable by your class. You do not have to be in a healing spec to get the healing trinket, after the first one has dropped.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just got recently back in after a break mid-panda

Leveling up wasn't terrible (was actually pretty decent, imo), at 692, but while I know I'm not playing particularly well for a Ret, the difference in DPS between myself and the 710+ people seems to be a signiiificant margin.

The main thing I've noticed with garrisons is that it's really, really slow to 'get back in' to the game in that aspect, as opposed to other xpacs and future content patches.

Between Tanaan dailies trying to get flying, waiting for garrison followers to level, and the attached 'eventual' reward of being able to fly to speed up the rest of the mount/follower grinds is an...interesting strategy.

At 692, should I continue to try and pug normal HFC, or try and get into some mythic dungeons and finish off the rest of my 660/670 blues?

Tenebrous

Just got recently back in after a break mid-panda

Leveling up wasn't terrible (was actually pretty decent, imo), at 692, but while I know I'm not playing particularly well for a Ret, the difference in DPS between myself and the 710+ people seems to be a signiiificant margin.

The main thing I've noticed with garrisons is that it's really, really slow to 'get back in' to the game in that aspect, as opposed to other xpacs and future content patches.

Between Tanaan dailies trying to get flying, waiting for garrison followers to level, and the attached 'eventual' reward of being able to fly to speed up the rest of the mount/follower grinds is an...interesting strategy.

At 692, should I continue to try and pug normal HFC, or try and get into some mythic dungeons and finish off the rest of my 660/670 blues?

Definitely do some mythics. Your best bet for HFC is to find a friendly guild, as most pugs will ask for gear equal to or better than what the raid actually provides. The difference in power is so huge because the HFC trinkets & tier bonuses are absolutely gigantic in terms of DPS, so it's not unusual for someone to gain 5-10k DPS from a single upgrade. And the ring is probably the biggest upgrade of them all.

What server do you play on? EU or US?

Yet again I'm organizing strategy. This time for Archimonde.

Man finding POV videos for everyone is a bitch. Takes so much time. It's annoying cause there aren't really any "guide" videos for the current burn to 70% with lust strat. At least I have time today to do this so people can watch what they're supposed to before raid tomorrow.

I deserve a mount for this shit work, but I already know I'm only like medium in priority right now for a couple reasons. Got some other deserving people to award it to first, and part of it being that I got a mount from Garrosh in Mists. On the plus side, like a third of our raid group is people from other teams on alts and they either already have the mount or will likely get one from their other team, as our time is very limited comparatively.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should really aim to get Legion out the same week if not a week before the movie. If it does catch fire and create hype, imagine all these people coming back to Tanaan dailies

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They should really aim to get Legion out the same week if not a week before the movie. If it does catch fire and create hype, imagine all these people coming back to Tanaan dailies

Unfortunately at this point a release before August seems really unlikely.

ZenaxPure

At a minimum the 7.0 patch should be out before or around the movie so they can at least guide people to the world events (which reward gear as well) instead of anything on Draenor.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Unfortunately at this point a release before August seems really unlikely.

Yeah I was talking to a buddy last night who re-subbed and was like "Maybe I should just wait till Legion"

I mentioned the WOW movie coming out in June "Oh yeah, dude that's 3 months away... I should just wait"

Then I thought about it... the game is still in what people are calling an Alpha. There's are a lot of people in it considering it's an 'Alpha' but it doesn't feel like it's going to be anywhere near ready for the movie in June.

We'll be lucky to even have 7.0 in June.

Are you guys going to wear a Horde / Alliance shirt when you go see the movie?

I do not own any Warcraft shirts.

If I had one, I guess I'd wear an Alliance shirt, because that's what I play.

Anoregon

Well to be fair, the current state of the Alpha is not really far removed from the early/mid stages of most of the betas, so the whole alpha/beta nomenclature thing is pretty arbitrary with Legion.

Still, I don't think there will be any less than 4 months between the start of the "official beta" and the launch.

Apathy

Yet again I'm organizing strategy. This time for Archimonde.

Man finding POV videos for everyone is a bitch. Takes so much time. It's annoying cause there aren't really any "guide" videos for the current burn to 70% with lust strat. At least I have time today to do this so people can watch what they're supposed to before raid tomorrow.

I deserve a mount for this shit work, but I already know I'm only like medium in priority right now for a couple reasons. Got some other deserving people to award it to first, and part of it being that I got a mount from Garrosh in Mists. On the plus side, like a third of our raid group is people from other teams on alts and they either already have the mount or will likely get one from their other team, as our time is very limited comparatively.

For the mythic strat you mean?

Apathy

I mean the strat is pretty simple, start the raid in a semi circle around where arch starts. pull, pop everything, kill the doomfire asap, keep burning, push him to 70% before the second doomfire and people are already in the circle shape so they just have to inch in closer before the first wrought. If you get a second doomfire, you're too low on dps.

oh and run 3 healers. We've done it with pala/disc/monk and pala/pala/monk so definitely doable with some different combinations.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Definitely do some mythics. Your best bet for HFC is to find a friendly guild, as most pugs will ask for gear equal to or better than what the raid actually provides. The difference in power is so huge because the HFC trinkets & tier bonuses are absolutely gigantic in terms of DPS, so it's not unusual for someone to gain 5-10k DPS from a single upgrade. And the ring is probably the biggest upgrade of them all.

What server do you play on? EU or US?

Mythics seem like a good idea, but every one I see is '710/720+ fast clear', heh.

On US, realm-wise. I saw that the Archi trinkets are pretty damn absurd, yeah. Will probably have to hit up a guild for some normal HFC. Managed to pug up to Gorefiend, but it was pretty rough at times, lol. Rage quitting after one wipe, etc..

My ring is currently at stage 2. Working on LFR Highmaul, but queues are a bitch, lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How easy/hard are the MoP bosses that drops mounts with a group of 2? Say 2 ret paladins with average gear between 690-700?

Talking about Elegon, Ji-Kun & Horridon here.

Top Bottom