• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

strafer

Another one. :(

After 22 years, I'm leaving Blizzard.

The time has come for me to pursue personal projects that I love. I'll be moving from California to Washington State. My last day at Blizzard will be March 25th.

I look forward to working with Blizzard on freelance projects, one of which will be announced shortly. Aside from that, my upcoming works might include more game-related writing, script writing, consultation...and most certainly, novels. All of which will be announced and discussed right here in this newsletter, once a month.

I spent some of the best years of my life at Blizzard. It's a bittersweet departure to say the least. But I'm excited for the all the opportunities that lie ahead!

So...there you have it, the big news. Thank you for all your continued support!

Hope this finds you all well.

Stay awesome,
--Mick

Peachpies

Can you transmog anything other than fist weapons into fist weapons? Like if your shaman use 2 axes, but you have that cool ass looking fist weapon you'd like?
No, you have axes/swords/maces in one transmog group and then fist weapons are in a group all by themselves.

Being a raid officer is sort of what I figure being a sports coach is like.

Just a random thought for the day.

More Archi progress tonight. Goal is to get to the nether.

Because it's a Heroic dungeon that most people are playing for the first time, mechanics are unexplicit, and they haven't bothered to check the dungeon journal so they're unfamiliar with the mechanics.

There's two boss fights that hit like mack trucks and are genuinely harder than the last boss.

If there's one thing I like about playing as a class that has a heal, it makes questing through the Western Plaugelands easier because I can keep Zen'Kiki's dumb ass alive through the self-inflicted Moonfire barrage. I shouldn't complain too loudly about him anymore, they've tuned it it so the Moonfire barrage is less frequent and not always lethal.

ampere

Because it's a Heroic dungeon that most people are playing for the first time, mechanics are unexplicit, and they haven't bothered to check the dungeon journal so they're unfamiliar with the mechanics.

There's two boss fights that hit like mack trucks and are genuinely harder than the last boss.

If there's one thing I like about playing as a class that has a heal, it makes questing through the Western Plaugelands easier because I can keep Zen'Kiki's dumb ass alive through the self-inflicted Moonfire barrage. I shouldn't complain too loudly about him anymore, they've tuned it it so the Moonfire barrage is less frequent and not always lethal.

Zen'kiki is hilarious. Haven't done that quest in awhile

At least it isn't Halls of Reflection. That was the hardest Icecrown dungeon by far.

You needed a tank who could get threat in the first area or that place just wasn't happening. It was tough, but I remember it fondly

This Chronicle book is making me want to play Legion, but I know I'll just be disappointed again.

Maybe just level up and experience endgame briefly then unsub until the next expansion? Usually a lot of fun to level in a new continent.

I'm only 45 with my Blood Elf Retribution Paladin but I've decided to bump that spec to secondary and switched to Holy for the main spec. If it weren't for really cool looking Belf two handers, like the Twinblade of the Pheonix, I probably would've added Protection as the secondary and I'm honestly still tempted to given the utility of being able to queue as a healer and tank. I can still hoover up any Belf/Pali themed weapons and just jam them in void storage even if the specs I'm currently can't equip them.

Also found a use for the gold my Goblin Shaman's garrison has been steadily accruing and acquired partial plate Heirloom sets, weapons, off-hands, trinkets and upgrades for all three Paladin specs. Got the Heirloom mount too, which will be nice if I want to level other alts.

Zen'kiki is hilarious. Haven't done that quest in awhile.

It wasn't all that funny beyond the first time when he kept killing himself on my Warrior. I couldn't do anything about it but watch him die over and over and over and over and constantly re-fetch him. I don't know if it's rng or they tuned the quest recently but it was a hell of a lot easier with my Pali, only happened three times and I healed him through all of them.

lazygecko

I keep wondering if they will ever add more camera customization options to the game like configurable X/Y offsets. TESO has that which works more or less perfectly. I just like freeing up vision in the center of my screen, and WoW still sticking to the traditional centered 3rd person view is something that's bugging me more and more.

ampere

It wasn't all that funny beyond the first time when he kept killing himself on my Warrior. I couldn't do anything about it but watch him die over and over and over and over and constantly re-fetch him. I don't know if it's rng or they tuned the quest recently but it was a hell of a lot easier with my Pali, only happened three times and I healed him through all of them.

Never had that happen in Cataclysm, maybe the squish or something bugged it

Why can't I shift click to buy different amounts of Smuggled Sacks of Gold? I've been largely ignoring my Shaman's garrison and just doing follower missions for gold and now I'm maxed out on Resources. It's not just single click buys, it's a double confirmation for every purchase.

ampere

I believe you can only shift+click and select a quantity for items that stack.

For the sack of gold I spam this macro to make it a little easier to buy a lot:

/run BuyMerchantItem(27,1)
/use smuggled sack of gold

That way you keep buying more and keep opening them as well.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why can't I shift click to buy different amounts of Smuggled Sacks of Gold? I've been largely ignoring my Shaman's garrison and just doing follower missions for gold and now I'm maxed out on Resources. It's not just single click buys, it's a double confirmation for every purchase.

lol

the least profitable thing to do with your garrison resources.

I had to dump a bunch of resources so I could clear out my outpost cache and accept 1000+ more garrison resources. What's a better, and preferably fast, way of dealing with excess garrison resources. I've literally only been doing follower missions for weeks on this Shaman, not bothering with garrison chores anymore.

I believe you can only shift+click and select a quantity for items that stack.

For the sack of gold I spam this macro to make it a little easier to buy a lot:

/run BuyMerchantItem(27,1)
/use smuggled sack of gold

That way you keep buying more and keep opening them as well.

Thanks, I don't know how to create/use macros but I'll look into that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I had to dump a bunch of resources so I could clear out my outpost cache and accept 1000+ more garrison resources. What's a better, and preferably fast, way of dealing with excess garrison resources. I've literally only been doing follower missions for weeks on this Shaman, not bothering with garrison chores anymore.

Get a Trading Post and trade those resources for mats that you'll sell at the AH.

CeBopZZUMAIdR0Y.jpg:large

haven't pvped since wrath, and never on my vanilla priest

now that resil is gone it's SO fun

rockin dat OG scout title, would have killed for blood guard

Bisnic

Just did a timewalking with a DK tank doing twice as much DPS as everyone else(nearly 9K). Like if his gear wasn't balanced at lvl 80(ilvl 160 i think). What gives? By looking at his gear, it was like he was wearing lvl 85-90 gear.

Made the whole instance a joke.

ampere

Just did a timewalking with a DK tank doing twice as much DPS as everyone else(nearly 9K). Like if his gear wasn't balanced at lvl 80(ilvl 160 i think). What gives? By looking at his gear, it was like he was wearing lvl 85-90 gear.

Made the whole instance a joke.

The DK dps 2 piece bonus from Throne of Thunder is really broken in Timewalking and tanks can use it.

"Your attacks have a chance to raise the spirit of a fallen Zandalari as your Death Knight minion for 15 sec. (Approximately 1.15 procs per minute)"

Just one of those set bonuses that isn't tuned when scaled down. Might have been that if they had a pet out frequently

Bisnic

The DK dps 2 piece bonus from Throne of Thunder is really broken in Timewalking and tanks can use it.

"Your attacks have a chance to raise the spirit of a fallen Zandalari as your Death Knight minion for 15 sec. (Approximately 1.15 procs per minute)"

Just one of those set bonuses that isn't tuned when scaled down. Might have been that if they had a pet out frequently

Yeah you're right.

Seems like his(her?) gear is made of a lot of procs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Sìlënt/simple

Daniel R

Bid 400k for the White polar bear on the BMAH. I couldn't stand the thought of doing the daily for it. You also need to unlock the daily on your alts if you want to speed up the process?

mclem

Being a raid officer is sort of what I figure being a sports coach is like.

I view guild management a bit like a sports game. If you want easymode you pick a premier league team, but for the real managerial challenge, starting out at League Two and working your way up is much tougher and maybe more rewarding. Certainly more frustrating!

Micapo

EU token at 88k right now. That's a lot of Garrison gold missions and old 25 H raids... Think I'll just let my sub lapse into the void and be back for prepatch :)

lazygecko

That's even higher than the Chinese tokens. I probably won't touch EU ever again if I ever do start playing again. Makes me wonder how many others choose to emigrate to a US account.

Bisnic

US is about 38k-39k nowadays. Used to be around 34-35k during the holidays.

Why is EU price so much higher though? Less demand?

Daniel R

I've decided that the 88 k pricetag is too much to keep paying for my two subscriptions with gold. I will start paying real life money again for the time being.

Tenebrous

I've decided that the 88 k pricetag is too much to keep paying for my two subscriptions with gold. I will start paying real life money again for the time being.

Yeah I will do the same. My sub runs out in the summer (I stocked up when they were 36-40k each), and I'll just go to gamecards again.

frontovik

Banned
Dreadnaught Pauldrons finally showed on the BMAH, and some fellow put up a bid for 900k.. Good grief :<

I have nowhere near that amount of money, it's ridiculous that it's so easy to earn gold in this game now. Are BMAHs connected throughout multiple realms, or is it unique to a specific realm?

It's a silly thought, but perhaps I should transfer off a high-population server if I want to afford anything from the BMAH.

Lomax

US token has steadily increased since the beginning of the year. Really wish I had been in the position to stock up when they were cheap. Still beats spending real money though. I really wish they'd make the tokens more useful though, you should be able to purchase anything off the in game store with them. Of course, that would just drive the prices up even more.

Tenebrous

Dreadnaught Pauldrons finally showed on the BMAH, and some fellow put up a bid for 900k.. Good grief :<

I have nowhere near that amount of money, it's ridiculous that it's so easy to earn gold in this game now. Are BMAHs connected throughout multiple realms, or is it unique to a specific realm?

It's a silly thought, but perhaps I should transfer off a high-population server if I want to afford anything from the BMAH.

Are you on Bladefist/Zenedar/Frostwhisper EU?

Those shoulders got capped instantly. Would've loved a chance to bid, but meh.

Top Bottom