• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I like how watcher says:

It'd be most helpful if this type of discussion could focus on specific examples of abilities that you miss, and why you feel they're important to deep and enjoyable gameplay.

As if people haven't been saying they miss certain abilities since the second they get removed.

I miss Focus Magic, Fel Flame, Demon armor being a buff I cast. The situational judgement spells and different auras.

Stop getting rid of useful buffs. If Windwalker had SOMETHING unique to bring to the table, people might actually bring them to raids. Instead they give out a 10% movement buff. Woopdiedoo.

Lomax

I like how watcher says:

As if people haven't been saying they miss certain abilities since the second they get removed.

I miss Focus Magic, Fel Flame, Demon armor being a buff I cast. The situational judgement spells and different auras.

Stop getting rid of useful buffs. If Windwalker had SOMETHING unique to bring to the table, people might actually bring them to raids. Instead they give out a 10% movement buff. Woopdiedoo.

I know nothing of modern theorycrafting, but I do remember a time where a 10% speed buff was by far the biggest dps boost on any fight that involved moving.

Tenebrous

I like how watcher says:

Things like this are what I miss the most. The little bits and pieces that add up to give that fantasy feel. Passive buffs are just... Meh.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Things like this are what I miss the most. The little bits and pieces that add up to give that fantasy feel. Passive buffs are just... Meh.

If a class isn't mage level dps but still brings SOMETHING you need to the raid, you will bring it.

Right now there's really not a reason to not bring as many mages and hunters as you can get.

I'm just going to say something here, and I have a balance druid.

If starfall killing something by itself gives you credit then lightning shield or a searing totem killing something by itself should give you credit. It's straight up disproportionate.

One of the reasons starfall is going to be targeted in Legion, no?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the reasons starfall is going to be targeted in Legion, no?

Is it? I haven't kept up that much with balance changes other than eclipse. I just thought it seems unfair that a passive damage ability can't get credit but something that targets everything in a 40 yard range, requires no targetting or manually clicking something or requires melee range does get credit.

It's also made it dumb that one class has that strong of a farming ability. Though I thought Frost DK was getting some kind of Starfall-y type ability.

Tacitus_

tfw you've got 13 people signed up for the first raid of the reset

Lc6bARj.jpg

ampere

I'm so sick of HFC lol

I know I owe it to the rest of my group to keep farming those mounts, but I'm just going through the motions. I guess if the GM said "Guild break" for 4 months it'd probably kill the guild too

Tenebrous

Kilrogg mythic seems bugged for us (we've killed it lots of times). None of the healers we send in are coming out with the cleansing aura.

6.2.4?

Babalu.

Mythic Archimonde down finally. 204 wipes. Better late then never. But not bad for 2 day a week 6 hour raiding guild. It could have been at least a month earlier if not for the usual suspects (you all have a few in your guild).

Time to start farming the mount. June 30 would leave us with 15 weeks/mounts which is good enough since a few people don't care for it.

So if say the prepatch happens, what usually happens to the archimonde mount.

I thought in SoO when the WoD prepatch hit, it became a 1% drop. But people in my guild were saying that it might drop 2 mounts or something. I honestly don't remember.

When do the cutting edge and mount 100% droprate get removed usually? at expansion release or prepatch.

Peachpies

Mythic Archimonde down finally. 204 wipes. Better late then never. But not bad for 2 day a week 6 hour raiding guild. It could have been at least a month earlier if not for the usual suspects (you all have a few in your guild).

Time to start farming the mount. June 30 would leave us with 15 weeks/mounts which is good enough since a few people don't care for it.

I thought in SoO when the WoD prepatch hit, it became a 1% drop. But people in my guild were saying that it might drop 2 mounts or something. I honestly don't remember.

When do the AotC and mount 100% droprate get removed usually? at expansion release or prepatch.
In Siege it dropped 2 mounts on mythic because 25 heroic dropped 2 mounts so they didn't want mythic to drop less mounts. The mount drop rate normally gets reduced when the expansion comes and not with the pre-patch.

Tenebrous

I'll never get mythic tier gloves. Finally got the sword last week, bonus roll, loot, sword again.

Still, got a soul cap for our monk, so that's great.

Is it? I haven't kept up that much with balance changes other than eclipse. I just thought it seems unfair that a passive damage ability can't get credit but something that targets everything in a 40 yard range, requires no targetting or manually clicking something or requires melee range does get credit.

It's also made it dumb that one class has that strong of a farming ability. Though I thought Frost DK was getting some kind of Starfall-y type ability.

Yeah, currently it's targeted in alpha, and I'd be realllly surprised if that got reverted. In any situation where you can use the un-glyph'd version, current Starfall is too much damage for the amount of effort, and it's pretty tough to argue otherwise.

Remorseless winter is doing damage again, but I don't think the range/damage is on the same level as WoD Starfall.

I gots a question for you lads: with two level 100's, how much playtime do you think it might take the get the gold you'd need to buy a wow token? I'm trying to estimate the kind of investment I'd need in order to play again for free lol.

Thank you unnies <3.

It depends on how much progress you've made with your garrisons for both of those 100's and what your building choices were. I make about a Firelands run a day, roughly 1000 gold, give or take a few hundred either way, just off of Follower missions with my Shaman.

The Eastern Kingdom leveling experience isn't all that bad, at least I find Horde-side leveling leading up to the Plaugelands really fun. The Badlands has those tall-tales quests, Searing Gorge has Lunk on his quest for non-violent solutions and you wrap up the Burning Steppes in pretty epic fashion.

ampere

When do the cutting edge and mount 100% droprate get removed usually? at expansion release or prepatch.

Congrats. Like Peach said, the droprate is reduced the day the expansion releases, not the prepatch. You should have a good amount of time for some mount farming.

My copy of Chronicle vol.1 came in and I'm enjoying immensely being the lore junkie that I am.

Nice! Hoping mine arrives tomorrow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have done no serious raiding this expansion due to leveling every class to 100, making gold, and my job. Fixing to have a bunch of free time inbetween jobs and thought I'd ask some of the mythic raiders on here a recommendation from what I'm currently looking at.

Mage(can play whatever spec)
Hunter(can play whatever spec)
Warrior(Fury/Arms)
Feral Druid
Shadow Priest

Kind of looked at the strengths/weaknesses and demands of all of them, but I figure I'd ask the people in here in a more aggressive raiding environment.

ampere

Have done no serious raiding this expansion due to leveling every class to 100, making gold, and my job. Fixing to have a bunch of free time inbetween jobs and thought I'd ask some of the mythic raiders on here a recommendation from what I'm currently looking at.

Warrior(Fury/Arms)
Feral Druid
Shadow Priest

Kind of looked at the strengths/weaknesses and demands of all of them, but I figure I'd ask the people in here in a more aggressive raiding environment.

I'd say Mages are the most desirable dps, primarily because of how good their Arcane single target damage is.

Peachpies

Warrior(Fury/Arms)
Feral Druid
Shadow Priest

Arcane and fire are both very strong right now and probably the best choice. The other specs are ok but for hunters only marksmanship is good. Feral and warrior can be good but are harder to play so probably not the best idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arcane and fire are both very strong right now and probably the best choice. The other specs are ok but for hunters only marksmanship is good. Feral can be good but it is a lot harder to play so probably not a good idea.

Eh, I've played a lot of Feral in Arena so I'm pretty familiar with the spec. It's not that far off from when I 'serious raided' on my Enhancement Shaman in MOP the brief bits I've played of it with my friends guild.

Milennia

Warrior(Fury/Arms)
Feral Druid
Shadow Priest

If all you care about is current raiding as opposed to legion then it's Mage no question, fire is strong but weaker than arcane in many aspects and arcane is best damage in the game currently

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wound up faction/server transferring my DK with 250k gold to Proudmoore for Alliance playing. My goal going forward is to focus strictly on that character until I'm at a comfortable raiding progression and not let myself get overwhelmed by alts like I did wiht WOD. Will use the garrisons on my Horde server to pay for subscriptions as long as I can but other than that, I'm kind of using this as my 'turning a new leaf' ie trying to focus on something new, a new class and new faction instead of playing my orc shaman for eternity

Burbles#1872 is my bnet if any of those people on Proudmoore that posted earlier want to link up.

Crash Lightning looks so cool, I wish that was Stormstrike's animation as well. Enhancement may have won me over on visuals alone.

It's come down to Arms/Fury Warrior and ele/enhance shaman for this expansion. Of course balance changes until launch, but anyone weigh in on each of their rotations?

Milennia

And what about Rogues? Any changes upcoming in Legion to make them a good asset for raids again?

edit: nvm, found this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19955666/legion-class-preview-series-rogue-11-12-2015

So, no more Combat Rogue but Outlaw Rogue, slinging a gun..... Hmmm...

Rogues have been extremely viable for all of this expansion on a fight per fight basis they even had major jobs, the damage is consistent as well

Something that doesn't seem to be changing in legion so far
Like some of the best guilds in the world have kept 3 main rogues on roster for over 2 expansions already and these are players that can play any class wel for the most part.

Nyx

Rogues have been extremely viable for all of this expansion on a fight per fight basis they even had major jobs, the damage is consistent as well

Something that doesn't seem to be changing in legion so far
Like some of the best guilds in the world have kept 3 main rogues on roster for over 2 expansions already and these are players that can play any class wel for the most part.

My bad, I've been out of the loop for way too long.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Things like this make me glad I payed a lot of tokens last year when they were around 20k each. Aaah, those were the good times. i'm still subbed until September 2016, but I'm sure a lot of people more rich than me back then payed their sub until 2018-2020 lol.

ZenaxPure

Things like this make me glad I payed a lot of tokens last year when they were around 20k each. Aaah, those were the good times. i'm still subbed until September 2016, but I'm sure a lot of people more rich than me back then payed their sub until 2018-2020 lol.

Hell yeah. I remember people saying at the time that we'd regret buying so many tokens down the line yet here we are a year later and every time I look at the price I am like nope, still feeling good about my choice.

Top Bottom