• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Something about the N'zoth art I noticed

9548.jpg

Doesn't he look...not imprisoned at all? Like completely free? Maybe the art isn't supposed to be taken like that but that's how it looks to me.

Bonus golden HS card

I8KUXKPZSP3R1458754832347.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looks pretty bad ass.

Not sure where N'Zoth in Hearthstone fits into WoW's lore though.

Maybe the card is just to show what he looks like and his place in WoW-proper is still unknown.

Lomax

Is there any attempt to make Hearthstone have lore (like M:tG's summoners)? Because I guess if he was summoned into battle he wouldn't be imprisoned at that point. Or is the "lore" that Hearthstone is a card game in the WoW universe based on historical and famous figures?

Is there any attempt to make Hearthstone have lore (like M:tG's summoners)? Because I guess if he was summoned into battle he wouldn't be imprisoned at that point. Or is the "lore" that Hearthstone is a card game in the WoW universe based on historical and famous figures?

No there's nothing really like that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ooh, my delayed Chronicle book got delivered today. Definitely looking forward to checking that out when I get home.

I'm wanting to get a particular mount through the recruit-a-friend program and just want to make sure I understand the process right.

I send an e-mail to someone to make a new account, they purchase a full game license along with two months of game time, and I get a month of game time and a choice of an item?

Meier

My WoW token expires on the 27th.. kind of tempted to just end my sub again since they're priced at 40k right now (yikes). It's such a slog to go through the non LFR raid groups. I can't really be arsed to level up another alt to 100 either. I don't know how the fuck some of you have done it more than twice. It's so boring.

Apathy

After months now of horrible mythic caches, I got a great one yesterday, and got the archimonde shoulders. The only thing I need left is to get the Mannoroth belt and I can say I am done.

cdyhybrid

My WoW token expires on the 27th.. kind of tempted to just end my sub again since they're priced at 40k right now (yikes). It's such a slog to go through the non LFR raid groups. I can't really be arsed to level up another alt to 100 either. I don't know how the fuck some of you have done it more than twice. It's so boring.
If you don't enjoy taking the time to level (reading all the quest text etc.) you're generally just better off blowing through it as quickly as possible.

ampere

I'm wanting to get a particular mount through the recruit-a-friend program and just want to make sure I understand the process right.

I send an e-mail to someone to make a new account, they purchase a full game license along with two months of game time, and I get a month of game time and a choice of an item?

Yup. Use the in-game referral to email someone (it can be your main account's email if you want), the recipient makes an account, then they upgrade that account by entering in a game license on their bnet account management page and purchase 2 months of game time.

And yes, you get 1 month of game time and 1 reward out of the 4 mounts and 4 pets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/recruit-a-friend/

Correct. You can even do it with yourself; I've done that more times than I'd like to admit. >.<

Robin64

Though Hearthstone is seperate and non-lore at all, we do have some original charaters from it making their appearance in Legion. I think that's neat.

Yup. Use the in-game referral to email someone (it can be your main account's email if you want), the recipient makes an account, then they upgrade that account by entering in a game license on their bnet account management page and purchase 2 months of game time.

And yes, you get 1 month of game time and 1 reward out of the 4 mounts and 4 pets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/recruit-a-friend/

Correct. You can even do it with yourself; I've done that more times than I'd like to admit. >.<

Great. I saw the Emerald Hippogryph and fell in love with it. Beautiful mount.

Shahadan

Though Hearthstone is seperate and non-lore at all, we do have some original charaters from it making their appearance in Legion. I think that's neat.

Speaking of that, is Lunara from HotS somewhere in Legion? I thought it was weird to name drop "first of the dryad" and not being set up to appear in valsharrah or something

ampere

So, wait.
You send it to yourself and just guy the game time or do you actually have to open a new licence?

You have to buy a new game license. They sometimes do a sale where WoW is $5 per new license, so that means you can "buy" the RAF mount and pet rewards for $20 each.

You can dualbox with your second account if you want to level fast, or you can just not use it at all.

You have to buy a new game license. They sometimes do a sale where WoW is $5 per new license, so that means you can "buy" the RAF mount and pet rewards for $20 each.

You can dualbox with your second account if you want to level fast, or you can just not use it at all.

This would work, right? Just create a new account and apply the key that it comes with?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Speaking of that, is Lunara from HotS somewhere in Legion? I thought it was weird to name drop "first of the dryad" and not being set up to appear in valsharrah or something

She is probably one of the nameless "daughters of cenarius" that I remember being in Warcraft 3. I'm not sure if its been actually clarified

I can't really be arsed to level up another alt to 100 either. I don't know how the fuck some of you have done it more than twice. It's so boring.

I enjoy questing, it's an easy framework to set lots of goals in. For example, I'm leveling a Blood Elf Paladin right now, so I want to farm Paladin and Blood Elf themed gear and weapons, just neat looking transmogs in general, play through specific zones (like the Plaguelands) farm specific rep (Argent Dawn + Crusade), go for specific titles.

I find a lot of that harder to do without the framework of questing. Although that's changing the more I play.

ampere

This would work, right? Just create a new account and apply the key that it comes with?

No, you need a base WoW key. You don't need Warlords, and Warlords alone wouldn't work. I had no idea Amazon was selling Warlords for only $8 though, super cheap.

Just make sure you use the key to upgrade your RAF start edition and don't enter it on it's own to make a new account that isn't linked.

No, you need a base WoW key. You don't need Warlords, and Warlords alone wouldn't work. I had no idea Amazon was selling Warlords for only $8 though, super cheap.

Just make sure you use the key to upgrade your RAF start edition and don't enter it on it's own to make a new account that isn't linked.

Ah, I see. I thought Warlords included everything before it as well.

Lomax

I think they'll roll WoD in with Legion before putting it in the base game. At some point they want to motivate the 90 capped people to buy expansions and I don't think they want to create a subgroup that routinely just waits one expansion behind and never pays them anything other than the monthly.

But then, I thought after the fiasco of WoD they might give away Legion for free, and instead they doubled down on the $50 price tag, so what do I know.

Also, Mists is the only expansion they rolled into the base game immediately, so if anything that was the exception rather than the rule.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't shit on WoW devs too much because the community does a good enough job of that(except for the way the devs completely ruined pvp and turned it into a miserable joke of hunters in every bg outdpsing and outmanueving and outccing everyone) but sometimes i read shit from a dev and just go, '....what the fuck logic are you coming from'

Jeremy Feasel &#8207;@Muffinus Mar 16
If you would like to provide feedback on the Oondasta/Galleon spawn timers, go ahead.
Follow

Jeremy Feasel
&#8207;@Muffinus
.@mo_lmr What if that meant reducing the drop chance to 1/10?

I'm confused here. Like having them up all the time but reducing the drop chance even further? Or having them rarer, but increasing the drop chance? It's not clear.

cdyhybrid

I don't shit on WoW devs too much because the community does a good enough job of that(except for the way the devs completely ruined pvp and turned it into a miserable joke of hunters in every bg outdpsing and outmanueving and outccing everyone) but sometimes i read shit from a dev and just go, '....what the fuck logic are you coming from'

Follow

Sure, why not? If only for the sake of thematic consistency - since I spend 1/10 of the time I'm trying to play actually online this week.

Just got Exorcism on my Ret Pali, kinda wish that was an ability the class received sooner. I'm sure there's a reason why but Ret Pali feels like a two button class before getting Exorcism. Ret felt so constrained by only have two resource generators earlier in leveling, technically it has 3 before but two have the same CD. It feels like you have a more active rotation with Exorcism, especially with the free proc.

Ret is a weird spec, it's DPS but has so many damage mitigation abilities and 3 different heals.

drotahorror

Follow

Just curious but why would anyone care to kill those bosses? One drops a mount but the other? I just recently started playing again, haven't really played since cata.

ZenaxPure

Just curious but why would anyone care to kill those bosses? One drops a mount but the other? I just recently started playing again, haven't really played since cata.

They both drop mounts. Almost all the MoP world bosses drop a mount, but the two mentioned there have horrible respawn timers.

Meier

If you don't enjoy taking the time to level (reading all the quest text etc.) you're generally just better off blowing through it as quickly as possible.

I started up a DK and got her to 59 (that first quest area takes for fucking ever.. sheesh) and went to TBC and man, I just hate that area. Haven't gone back to the character in 6 weeks or so. It also seems pretty damn complex with balancing the runes.

I was a warrior at launch so I could try one of those out again but I hate not healing well after getting accustomed to the druid and the healing from hunter abilities and FD. I have a Warlock I got to 77 back in the day and could push him through to 100 but I just have no motivation. The game is such a slog to me to do everything solo, ya know? None of my real friends have played for I don't even know how long so I'm stuck on some random server that is mostly dead (Lothar) with a random guild that is mostly dead but there's no way in hell I'll pay real money to move my characters. 0% chance.

Oh well, I got one of those clickable 1000 honor/conquest items and sold some felblight so I had enough to buy another month with 39.5k gold. We'll see how it goes.

ampere

Follow

Sitting in Pandaria for 2 hours waiting for old content to respawn is intense gameplay, man. You just don't get it

Lomax

Those MoP bosses really should basically be up all the time. You can only kill them once a week anyway, and the drop rate on the mount is already insanely low. It would be stupid to reduce the drop rate even further, if anything they should increase the drop rate at this point like they did with Ashes of Alar and Onyxia's mount.

ZenaxPure

Those MoP bosses really should basically be up all the time. You can only kill them once a week anyway, and the drop rate on the mount is already insanely low. It would be stupid to reduce the drop rate even further, if anything they should increase the drop rate at this point like they did with Ashes of Alar and Onyxia's mount.

I've actually never seen anyone with a single one of the MoP world boss mounts with my own 2 eyes, shit was pretty rare. The respawn should really be instant.

ampere

What evidence is there that they tweaked those drop rates? A lot of people have them because they take seconds to kill and people have a lot of alts

Only mount drop rate changes they make are lowering drop rates for end boss mounts when a new expac comes out.

Eric WK

I started up a DK and got her to 59 (that first quest area takes for fucking ever.. sheesh) and went to TBC and man, I just hate that area. Haven't gone back to the character in 6 weeks or so. It also seems pretty damn complex with balancing the runes.

I was a warrior at launch so I could try one of those out again but I hate not healing well after getting accustomed to the druid and the healing from hunter abilities and FD. I have a Warlock I got to 77 back in the day and could push him through to 100 but I just have no motivation. The game is such a slog to me to do everything solo, ya know? None of my real friends have played for I don't even know how long so I'm stuck on some random server that is mostly dead (Lothar) with a random guild that is mostly dead but there's no way in hell I'll pay real money to move my characters. 0% chance.

Oh well, I got one of those clickable 1000 honor/conquest items and sold some felblight so I had enough to buy another month with 39.5k gold. We'll see how it goes.

Hey man, I just returned and I'm feeling pretty lonely, as well. Started a few characters on Sargeras Alliance side. I'd be down to roll something together with you if you're interested, either on that server or on Lothar.

Lomax

What evidence is there that they tweaked those drop rates? A lot of people have them because they take seconds to kill and people have a lot of alts

Only mount drop rate changes they make are lowering drop rates for end boss mounts when a new expac comes out.

There's evidence, though I don't feel like digging, but I'm sure you could find it. Both are like 2-3% drops now and back when the content was current they were clearly much rarer (1 in 500 or 1000 if I had to guess, which is probably what the MoP mounts are now). It's a shame there's no way to view historical drop rates on WoWHead (at least not that I know of). Kael was killed for months before anyone had an Ashes for example. They did the same for Baron's mount as well long ago.

ampere

There's evidence, though I don't feel like digging, but I'm sure you could find it. Both are like 2-3% drops now and back when the content was current they were clearly much rarer (1 in 500 or 1000 if I had to guess, which is probably what the MoP mounts are now). It's a shame there's no way to view historical drop rates on WoWHead (at least not that I know of). Kael was killed for months before anyone had an Ashes for example. They did the same for Baron's mount as well long ago.

You're right, Deathcharger actually was increased: "Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Drop rate increased from 0.02% to 1%."

Kael dropped the mount on Method's first kill which was within a week of the world first kill

I think most talk of drop rate changes are speculation

Meier

Hey man, I just returned and I'm feeling pretty lonely, as well. Started a few characters on Sargeras Alliance side. I'd be down to roll something together with you if you're interested, either on that server or on Lothar.
Sounds like a plan! I'd be game for whatever. I've been horde since TBC but am game to try Alliance. I was a Dwarf Warrior in my first iteration. I'll send you my battle.net info and we can figure it out. Having a buddy to do stuff with makes the game so, so much more fun.

Top Bottom