• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

peter0611

Anyone play on Eldre'Thalas and looking to group up with me or join a small, friendly guild?

Edit: forgot to ask. Can anyone recommend an addon to help with optimizing dps rotation, specifically fury warrior? I currently use ovale, but looking for alternatives or additions. Thanks!

Well guys I'm at uhh...630 battle pets and none of them are TCG or In-Game Shop and I have only a handful of promo ones - no collectors edition, Blizzcon etc. The only capturable one I don't have is the Summer Silithid one, not counting the dragonlings you need Exalted with Order of the Cloud Serpent for.

I think I have a problem. I'm missing mostly the uber expensive ones - Blackfuse Bombling, Kovok, Droplet of Y'shaarj, Viscous Horror, Ji-Kun Hatchling, Pygmy Direhorn plus a bunch of low droprate world drops. Don't have all the faction ones like Savage Cub either. Not counting the TCG ones which are even more expensive...

I need to spend my gold on something else.

drotahorror

They both drop mounts. Almost all the MoP world bosses drop a mount, but the two mentioned there have horrible respawn timers.

2 hour spawn times though. Seems pretty ok. I remember people waiting days/weeks for time lost proto drake in BC.

Since blizzard gives everything away for barely any effort they just want another thing added to that list.

Tenebrous

2 hour spawn times though. Seems pretty ok. I remember people waiting days/weeks for time lost proto drake in BC.

Since blizzard gives everything away for barely any effort they just want another thing added to that list.

That would've been some major time lost as the mount didn't come out until WotLK.

ZenaxPure

Proto drake was from Wrath and it was also an awful system. Sitting on your ass for hours/days at a time waiting for a mob to spawn is not engaging or fun, never has been. It's especially pointless when said mount is not a 100% drop chance and you can only attempt it once per week.

cdyhybrid

Anyone play on Eldre'Thalas and looking to group up with me or join a small, friendly guild?

Edit: forgot to ask. Can anyone recommend an addon to help with optimizing dps rotation, specifically fury warrior? I currently use ovale, but looking for alternatives or additions. Thanks!
Weak Auras if you don't mind setting it up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Difference is that those world bosses have lockouts. And the Time Lost doesn't. And the Time Lost is a guarantee when you get it.

It's backwards as hell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got Ariok last night.

Weird seeing him in your garrison. Because you ALWAYS see him in your garrison because he's fucking massive.

Leveling up a blood elf rogue, hopefully the last blood elf in a long while, and debating whether I should run the dreadful Ghostlands again for the 4th fucking time (completionist tendencies whoo) or I should hop straight to Silverpine or Northern Barrens for a better questing experience.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

You're going to be seeing a lot of it now, barring Tanaan being your temporary home if you want to try and grind out flying.

Not much reason to leave it in WoD in terms of queues (outside of mythic/challenge dungeons or mount/toy/rare hunts), and a bunch of stuff surrounding it requires semi-continual management to get any significant benefit out of it.

Ostinatto

You're going to be seeing a lot of it now, barring Tanaan being your temporary home if you want to try and grind out flying.

Not much reason to leave it in WoD in terms of queues (outside of mythic/challenge dungeons or mount/toy/rare hunts), and a bunch of stuff surrounding it requires semi-continual management to get any significant benefit out of it.

if i want a pve route, what should i do first?

im tired of dungeons :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
if i want a pve route, what should i do first?

im tired of dungeons :(

Start running LFR queues, do Tanaan dailies (mobs have a chance to drop 650 ilvl gear, which can be potentially upgraded to 680+ with the Apexis Crystals Currency, and then further on with valor), and look for either pugs or a guild to do normal Highmaul/Blackrock foundry with. Hellfire Citadel is probably out of the question unless you've got people willing to carry you.

If you put in work in the Garrison, you can also get some free loot out of it from your level 100 followers, eventually, as well as the shipyard once you unlock it.

Either that, or if you've got a good PVP server-group, get into bgs and rack up honor to by ilevel 700 pvp gear with no real downsides outside of not being able to be upgraded or have gem slots, which won't matter during your quest to hit 680+ average ilevel.

Also, start working on your legendary ring quest with the Archmage.

Related question: If you valor upgrade a baleful piece of 650 gear, then use the apexis converter, does it keep the valor upgrade ilevels, or do you have to re-apply it (i.e. lose the old valor)?

Leveling up a blood elf rogue, hopefully the last blood elf in a long while, and debating whether I should run the dreadful Ghostlands again for the 4th fucking time (completionist tendencies whoo) or I should hop straight to Silverpine or Northern Barrens for a better questing experience.

The Crossroads is under attack!

I don't mind the Northern Barrens. In fact I enjoy the build up from the mundane of Durotar and the Northern Barrens to "fighting the Alliance" in Ashenvale, joining Krom'Gar's warband in Stone Talon Mountains and witnessing the siege of Mulgore in the Southern Barrens.

But the Northern Barrens is one of the most easily fucked with low level questing hubs in the game. It's such an easy spot for Alli's to go pick a fight in. It's close enough to Orgrimmar that 100's will show up but not so close that you can't have a little fun trolling lowbies by killing quest givers for a while first.

ampere

Barrens was alright, but Mulgore is the first zone I ever played in WoW and it kinda blew me away. Love the art direction there

wxDQ6qR.jpg

ZenaxPure

Finished reading the chronicle yesterday afternoon and have to say I am really happy how it all turned out. We've needed a good long clean up of loose ends and summary of the overall history and they did a good job with it. Mostly because there aren't actually a ton of unknown events in the book, it's almost entirely previously known lore just finally interconnected properly.

Any new information is just there to give purpose to parts of the world that was a mystery in the first place, stuff like the creation of the Burning Legion or what happened to the Titans is obvious but I appreciate that there is also smaller stuff in there for mysteries we've always had like for example a small section that explains the history of Crystalsong Forest and the Night Elf ruins there. Not really important to the overall story or anything but it's... neat and cool.

Wow, I didn't know that book about Azeroth has a map of pre-Sundering Azeroth too.

They sure are making it harder to asspull new regions in the future.

Also when I was reading the chronicle I remembered this post and had a good laugh because Blizz made sure to go out of their way to say that pre-sundering Kalimdor was just the largest landmass on Azeroth, not the only one. For example:

Chronicle pg. 40 said:
In time, the keepers and their servants stabilized Azeorth's main landmass, a continent that teemed with plants and creatures of every kind. Twilight fell as the titan-forged surveyed the world they had shaped, and they named the primary continent Kalimdor: "Land of Eternal Starlight."

There are a few other paragraphs that say similar things as well. Obviously they never mention a different continent, not even in a minor context, purposefully left it all as a blank slate.

In the end, wow it's not as interesting as I expected. Playing alone with no friends is not that great, just doing random quests in an effort to learn the basics (still at level 8). At first it was fun, but I feel like it's getting boring for me pretty fast. Not being a very social person who can't interact even online to try and look for other players, I don't seem to have a lot of future with the game.

Also, pretty lost when it comes to picking secondary professions. This is what usually scares me about these games, having to waste and waste time looking for stuff needed for crafting.

Nyx

I just hit lvl 100, now what?

:)

I did the daily random BG and a few matches of Arathi Basin/Warsong Gulch each day and upgraded most of my gear a lot(!) within 4-5 days.

My best weapon at lvl 100 was a sword with 700ish max dmg, a few BG wins later I had 2 swords with 1500ish max dmg.

Oh and I haven't bothered with my garrison since lvl 93 or so, really no interest in it at all.

In the end, wow it's not as interesting as I expected. Playing alone with no friends is not that great, just doing random quests in an effort to learn the basics (still at level 8). At first it was fun, but I feel like it's getting boring for me pretty fast. Not being a very social person who can't interact even online to try and look for other players, I don't seem to have a lot of future with the game.

Also, pretty lost when it comes to picking secondary professions. This is what usually scares me about these games, having to waste and waste time looking for stuff needed for crafting.

At lvl 8 you don't have any cool abilities yet and no mount either, it really gets more fun the higher you get.

Also, you don't need to bother with professions if you don't like it, I know I never did.

Tacitus_

You can lean all the secondary professions, the primary professions are limited to two. You can never go wrong with gathering + profession that uses mats from said gathering. And crafting is really streamlined now, no farming for shells to try to get pearls to craft that one item anymore.

You can lean all the secondary professions, the primary professions are limited to two. You can never go wrong with gathering + profession that uses mats from said gathering. And crafting is really streamlined now, no farming for shells to try to get pearls to craft that one item anymore.

Thanks. Then gathering would be ok for Hunters? (I tried to pick a class that seemed easier to begin with.

Anyways, As stupid as it sounds, I never play more than 60 minutes and quit as soon as I hit that number. I'm still scared about 2004-2006 Ragnarok Online's addiction and last summer with Destiny. Loot craze really hit me badly that time.

Tacitus_

Thanks. Then gathering would be ok for Hunters? (I tried to pick a class that seemed easier to begin with.

Anyways, As stupid as it sounds, I never play more than 60 minutes and quit as soon as I hit that number. I'm still scared about 2004-2006 Ragnarok Online's addiction and last summer with Destiny. Loot craze really hit me badly that time.

Sure. Double gathering kinda lost its luster this expansion, but gathering + crafting is still ok. More so if you want to craft gear for yourself. For hunters, you could for example go skinning + leatherworking for gear crafting, or go for generally useful stuff like herbalism + alchemy (or inscription) or mining + jewelcrafting.

For some stupid reason I've decided to keep Silvermoon as my major city hearth while leveling on Azeroth and holy shit is it a pain in the ass to get around anywhere once you move beyond the level 40 zones in the Eastern Kingdom. I kinda wish that Silvermoon (and the Exodar) functioned like Shrine of the Seven Stars but just for Azeroth, so there's portals to all of the other major capitols (beyond just Undercity) and Stonard. It would be a small change to make them viable hubs for players to use beyond level 20.

Race changed my dk

feel good about it

Space Goat: Coast to Coast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did Heroic HFC for the first time ever this week. I'm only ilvl 700 but the guild that I just joined took me along. I was in on the first Xhul'horac kill, and we got it down after 6 or so attempts which felt good. Death's Advance is real shitty for that fight, but it's all I've got to get out with. It was kind of cool to get a new boss down while I was on trial though. It was kind of hectic to be learning Unholy(which I just changed to last night) and learning this fight from scratch at the same time.

We do normal HFC clears on normal, but unfortunately we skip Zakuun(who I need for my bis trinket) so I'll have to save my bonus rolls for H Zakuun and try to find a pug. I believe we're 11/13H now though. With only Tyrant and Archimonde left.

Also, how many boss kills is it to unlock the cache? Because I have 10 H boss kills now and I've still got a raid finder chest in the shipyard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That new art looks a bit like a Sha, so that would make sense given that they are his remnants.

Ark

I fucking hate the shipyard. After months, the heirloom ring finally showed up on two of my characters, and the first one just failed on an 89% chance. I've successfully completed almost all of my missions that are over 80% but god fucking damn it.

Fuck you, Blizzard.

EDIT: They better make heirloom rings more easily obtainable in Legion, since no one will be doing garrison shit. Also, I fucking hate this idea of making heirlooms into time/gold sinks. They're basically punishing you for wanting to skip content you've already played a hundred times over.

Top Bottom