• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

CassSept

Urgh, I feel a tad irritated sometimes that I did not do Naxxramas runs during the TBC era.. now T3 pieces are more difficult to obtain and Corrupted Ashbringer is gone.

I was more concerned about getting Deathcharger's Reins during that time.

That wasn't as easy as that might sound, even at 70 with decent T6-tier gear Naxx required a fairly large, coordinated group

cdyhybrid

Farmed up four Skyshards in an hour or so, and then they stopped dropping. Guessing that's Blizzard's "anti-farming" genius at work.

Oh well, I'm at 6 total and might be able to finish it tomorrow.

cdyhybrid

There's an area where you can hit ~12 mobs with one Starfall. They all run towards you and die close enough to only need to loot the closest corpse. Switch servers immediately after.

~20 seconds from phasing into a server until you move to the next one if you get onto one that has the mobs up, otherwise you move on immediately. Can kill 30+ mobs per minute. Went from zero Golden Lotus rep to exalted tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just leveled engineering for the first time. What's the must have items? Already have the wormholes, MOLL-E, jeeves, blingtron, lootarang, gnomish knife, rocket belt and glider cloak

Yeah, it looks like you've got most of the best engineering stuff outside of the mounts already. There's lots of silly, useless shit you can make, like exploding sheep, but the big ticket items left are the flying machine, turbo-charged flying machine, mechano-hog, depleted kyparium rocket and sky golem. A few of which you may or may not already have.

Before WoD flying, being able to build your own Goblin Gliders was so damned useful.

Robin64

Worth noting that the following become Toys in Legion:

Wormhole Generator: Pandaria
Wormhole Generator: Northrend
Blingtron 4000
Blingtron 5000
Wormhole Centrifuge
Gnomish Gravity Well
Loot-A-Rang
MOLL-E
Ultrasafe Transporter: Toshley's Station
Dimensional Ripper - Area 52
Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan
Dimensional Ripper - Everlook

Worth noting that the following become Toys in Legion:

Wormhole Generator: Pandaria
Wormhole Generator: Northrend
Blingtron 4000
Blingtron 5000
Wormhole Centrifuge
Gnomish Gravity Well
Loot-A-Rang
MOLL-E
Ultrasafe Transporter: Toshley's Station
Dimensional Ripper - Area 52
Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan
Dimensional Ripper - Everlook

That's good but...those are all engineering stuff. Engineers are OP they get all the cool shit.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I've just made my peace with it. They're 3/4 mounts I'll seemingly never get.

Did just get Great Greytusk, though.

I've been super lucky, all things considered. Found realm groups for both Luk'hok and Poundfist where some asshole didn't pull as soon as they joined. Probably the best bet for those, at this point, I'd imagine.

Really tempted to switch my miner/blacksmith to blacksmith/engy, now that mining doesn't give anything worth a damn. Not sure if/how easy WoD made it to catch up with only draenor mats, tho.

Tenebrous

I've been super lucky, all things considered. Found realm groups for both Luk'hok and Poundfist where some asshole didn't pull as soon as they joined. Probably the best bet for those, at this point, I'd imagine.

Really tempted to switch my miner/blacksmith to blacksmith/engy, now that mining doesn't give anything worth a damn. Not sure if/how easy WoD made it to catch up with only draenor mats, tho.

It's a piece of piss. You can just craft the daily CD for 10 levels and get to 600 in two months, or you can go all out & get to 600 in a day with 30/30 crafts for 10 levels a go or something like that.

Mitch

Banned
Looks like I got access to Legion Alpha today. Going to let it install overnight and play in the morning before work.

Tamanon

Banned
Just got access to the Legion Alpha too:)

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Just appeared on my Battle.net launcher, no email or anything.

Lomax

If the warbringers didn't also drop rep stuff and bags full of mats I'd have probably quit ages ago. As it stands, I find that just picking a spot and camping it for an hour works best, server hopping is pointless because every single hop group has someone looking for them in it. I'll probably quit once I get one of the mounts though, no way I care enough to get all three.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, the requirements for Mtyhic Dungeons are ridiculous. They're easily(not just doable but easily doable) at 680. Much less 700.

On the other hand, the groups that I keep getting into are some kind of special. Like the one with a prot paladin that can't get the adds off people on the last boss of Everbloom, or the Shadow Priest that does 10% less damage than me despite having 12 ilvls above me.

Tenebrous

The thing is, if I list a group during prime time on a Wednesday (I'm a 740 prot warr), within 2 minutes I'll have like 20+ DPS signups, from 680 to 730 players... Why not take the good ones? And then it goes a little bit further & results in me putting a 720+ limit on the group so I don't have to sift through lesser (but still well enough) geared players for 2 pages.

Thankfully I've a guild that'll take my alts whenever.

Servers were meant to be down for an hour... 4 hours later, still not up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm on US Alliance, and I'm trying to finish my Nemesis quests. Ashran is really shitty for that.

Is there anyone on US with a 100 level Tauren that'll let me massacre them for like 20 minutes until I get 500 kills and is there someone with a Horde class with rez that will rez them so I can continue to do it? I'll gladly let you do it to my Draenei or humans in return if we can find another rezzer on that side.

Because it's a lot quicker than doing Ashran

Mitch

Banned
Went through the Shadow Priest artifact quest line.

Really digging the changes to Shadow. It feels familiar, but it's like a fresh coat of paint. Building up Insanity is simple, with the usual rotation. The game overall feels a lot smoother when in combat. I think this has to do with the UI updates and floating combat text being changed. My only gripe so far is the removal of Angelic Feather. Probably my favorite talent.

ampere

I'm on US Alliance, and I'm trying to finish my Nemesis quests. Ashran is really shitty for that.

Is there anyone on US with a 100 level Tauren that'll let me massacre them for like 20 minutes until I get 500 kills and is there someone with a Horde class with rez that will rez them so I can continue to do it? I'll gladly let you do it to my Draenei or humans in return if we can find another rezzer on that side.

Because it's a lot quicker than doing Ashran

Get Premade Group Finder and put in filters for "Nemesis" and the race names that you need. You'll find groups that are looking to do exactly what you are trying

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
More people getting Legion invites, eh?

tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Do you need to be on the questline at all, or a specific section of the quest in order to keep it?

I'm only now finishing up Highmaul stones. :(

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you didn't play or didn't both completing the legendary while it was current content you shouldn't be able to get it when you come back next expansion. I think it makes sense.

the method to obtain these legendaries is different than obtaining something like Sulfuras, so don't make that comparison

cdyhybrid

If you didn't play or didn't both completing the legendary while it was current content you shouldn't be able to get it when you come back next expansion. I think it makes sense.

the method to obtain these legendaries is different than obtaining something like Sulfuras, so don't make that comparison
Eh, that logic fails with the introduction of Timewalking, IMO.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nothing about the legendary ring feels very exclusive or noteworthy. It is incredibly powerful, almost game breaking, but it's set up for everyone in your group to have it. With how light WoD is on content the quest for the ring and your adventures with Khadgar seem like one of the main features, particularly when it comes to the stories being told in WoD. If anything I wish there were measures taken to make it easier to see that content. The barriers that exist for farming the raid content already seem steep enough. Some people will attain the ring with very little raid experience and a lot of garrison work. Whatever lustre that this legendary item might have had is long gone, so it'd be nice to see them let people engage with the storyline instead of trying to build up its legacy by locking it off.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Eh, that logic fails with the introduction of Timewalking, IMO.

Ironically, the legendary ring is absolute garbage in time walking. It gives a 1% increase in damage. You're better off using other rings.

The other legendaries which are still obtainable perform far better in timewalking.

Tenebrous

The game is weaker for having less content in it. Removing content (not titles/mounts/gear) for the sake of prestige is ridiculous, but I don't think that's Blizzard's reasoning... I reckon they're removing it because they don't want people doing it when Legion is out.

Lomax

Just saw a queue for the first time since I came back. Its placement and the low pop server I was logging into makes me think they've unified logins with this battle.net update. Which doesn't bode well for queues come Legion launch. Or for the stability of battle.net when they launch Overwatch.

ampere

Just saw a queue for the first time since I came back. Its placement and the low pop server I was logging into makes me think they've unified logins with this battle.net update. Which doesn't bode well for queues come Legion launch. Or for the stability of battle.net when they launch Overwatch.

If there's a queue with the B.net client, you can just launch the game's executable. You don't have to use the client

Tenebrous

Think I'm done until Legion. Raiding is starting to become tedious rather than fun, and I've no alts/professions to level & no need for gold.

Top Bottom