• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Farm mounts/pets/achievements. That's all I'm doing.

300 mount reward is shit (I only miss rare spawns/argent tournament/invincible/MoP raid drops), pet battles are shite, and I'm happy with 22.5k... I don't feel like going back to my old self. During Cata, I was the #1 Horde player on my server in terms of achievement points. I spent hours doing horrendously dull shit, but now? I'd rather just not.

So no, no archaeology, no new BGs, no... Anything. Fuck it all until Legion.

frontovik

Banned
I hope that Blizzard will consider introducing Legacy servers... I understand that they've stated they have no plans to, but i miss the vanilla experience, despite its flaws.

Tenebrous

I hope that Blizzard will consider introducing Legacy servers... I understand that they've stated they have no plans to, but i miss the vanilla experience, despite its flaws.

I don't care what anyone says, this WILL happen eventually. Not for years, but eventually.

Tenebrous

Not a chance. You'll see Timewalking get expanded more, but they aren't going to buy a bunch of old server hardware and run old versions of the game on them

Jagex did it & got a pretty big bump up in revenue. When WoW is struggling to the level RuneScape was (I know we're FAR from that), I don't see why they wouldn't do it as a sorta cash out feature. When WoW is sub 500k/1m subs, I can see it happening.

Plus virtual servers should be able to handle the old servers.

ampere

Had a really close wipe on Mythic Archimonde last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRzce6k-a8&feature=youtu.be

omg, that is "really close" haha. Figured you meant a standard sub-1% wipe

Jagex did it & got a pretty big bump up in revenue. When WoW is struggling to the level RuneScape was (I know we're FAR from that), I don't see why they wouldn't do it as a sorta cash out feature. When WoW is sub 500k/1m subs, I can see it happening.

Plus virtual servers should be able to handle the old servers.

They could do a virtual server thing, sure, but it'd require an entirely different QA team, CS team, and dev team to fix bugs. It would not be as cheap as it might seem. And I think if/when WoWs numbers get that low, it would be people who are basically never going to quit, not people who really want old servers.

I just don't think it's actually something that a ton of people want. There's a lot of curiosity for it, but it wouldn't be as fun as people remember.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Blizzard is never going to waste time, money & resources for legacy servers just to please a minority of players wearing nostalgia goggles.

Tenebrous

They could do a virtual server thing, sure, but it'd require an entirely different QA team, CS team, and dev team to fix bugs. It would not be as cheap as it might seem. And I think if/when WoWs numbers get that low, it would be people who are basically never going to quit, not people who really want old servers.

I just don't think it's actually something that a ton of people want. There's a lot of curiosity for it, but it wouldn't be as fun as people remember.

It would be expensive, but if I had to guess, I reckon it would be profitable. I agree with you on it not being as fun, though... Shame.

HOWEVER! If I'm not playing WoW and such a thing is announced, I'll jump in for a few months like I did with RS07. It's not like the only market for vanilla servers would be those currently subscribed to the game - People would come back (for how long, who knows).

Blizzard is never going to waste time, money & resources for legacy servers just to please a minority of players wearing nostalgia goggles.

Pretty sure RS07 had something like 250-300k paying subscribers online simultaneously when the servers launched & now has a daily peak (this Wednesday) of 70k concurrent. I don't see why WoW couldn't do similar.

All I'm saying is, when shit gets really bad for WoW, and if it's profitable for them to do so, I reckon they'll do it. I don't believe them when they say no and that's that.

What is the best way to get Iron Horde scraps? I just started doing work orders and they're only bring in a few at a time. I've tried going to various spots around Draenor but the mobs rarely drop them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What is the best way to get Iron Horde scraps? I just started doing work orders and they're only bring in a few at a time. I've tried going to various spots around Draenor but the mobs rarely drop them.
I thought I heard something about farming normal Iron Docks solo, but I dunno if it works or not.

Mitch

Banned
Why would Blizzard pour money into trying to keep WoW afloat when they could just focus on creating something entirely new?

Tenebrous

Why would Blizzard pour money into trying to keep WoW afloat when they could just focus on creating something entirely new?

Why not invest a little bit to make a little bit more?

I do have to wonder what Blizzard are making next, though. After Overwatch, what will there be?

Mitch

Banned
Why not invest a little bit to make a little bit more?

I do have to wonder what Blizzard are making next, though. After Overwatch, what will there be?
Diablo 4.

In my opinion, Blizzard shouldn't make another MMO. Right now they've got a pretty great lineup. With Overwatch and a new Hearthstone expansion coming soon, plus Heroes of The Storm gaining popularity, they seem to be in a great position.

Their support for Diablo 3 has been stellar as well. Let's just hope Legion isn't a dud!

Blizzard is not making another MMO. That made sense over a decade ago. It doesn't now.

Diablo 4 is a sure bet, since Diablo 3 was massively successful. Either that or a Diablo II remaster. I expect a WarCraft III remaster at some point to fill the RTS slot.

Mitch

Banned
Personally, I'd like to see an action adventure/ARPG mix from them. Something like a mix of Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Tomb Raider and Uncharted. They could release expansions for it, like Reaper of Souls/Frozen Throne.

cdyhybrid

Ayy got my last three Skyshards in 30 minutes tonight. Between four on Monday and only one last night, that's still pretty good time.

Starfall good spell.

lfxa5L9.jpg

Tacitus_

Blizzard is not making another MMO. That made sense over a decade ago. It doesn't now.

Diablo 4 is a sure bet, since Diablo 3 was massively successful. Either that or a Diablo II remaster. I expect a WarCraft III remaster at some point to fill the RTS slot.

The only remastering they will be doing is making the old games run on modern hardware / resolutions.

ampere

New achievement from the latest alpha build:

You Used to Scrawl Me In Your Fel Tome NYI

lmao I hope they don't change the name.

Ayy got my last three Skyshards in 30 minutes tonight. Between four on Monday and only one last night, that's still pretty good time.

Starfall good spell.

That's pretty fast, I underestimated Starfall

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably the best looking two hander I've ever seen. Grats on the roll.

It's nice. Don't know if I'd call it my favoirte though. That said, two handed maces look weird on DKs to me and I don't really have a transmog to fit it until I can get the M BRF Warrior Lookalike set. But it'll be nice to have for my warrior when the new transmog system hits.

Tenebrous

Speaking of the new transmog system, I picked up Mythic "The Bladefist" from Highmaul. Looking forward to seeing what can be done with that one.

Mitch

Banned

Starfall good spell.
Grats.

A friend of mine farmed for FIVE of these. One for himself, one for me, two for other friends and then he gave the last one away to a random person in Shrine. I only ever got 2-3 shards myself.

Ark

I don't care what anyone says, this WILL happen eventually. Not for years, but eventually.

I was thinking about this last night. What would the point be? As much as I loved TBC/Wrath, a lot of the content would be inherently useless. If you wanted the best gear you'd have to do ICC, meaning Ulduar would just get ignored. After three months, everyone would be bored of content they first did nearly a decade ago.

I would really like to see Time walking raids though. Time walking Ulduar please.

Lomax

I just don't think timewalking raids will work. They'd have to be lfr easy, you'd have to tweak or remove anything that depended heavily on mechanics, basically you'd just end up with what new Naxx was, only worse.

Little late to this post, but for some reason any time I switched servers last night I would get DCed. Was really weird.

Been happening since the battle.net update. That and the queue I saw make me think they've changed something in how the game interacts with battle.net and it's not quite working right yet.

Fjordson

Blizz not doing another MMO is kind of a depressing thought. WoW has been a staple for me for over a decade now, and for years I was looking forward to experiencing something similar all over again with their next MMO. Doubt that ever happens now, though. Seems like the market may never be the same for these types of games.

Azzurri

Blizz not doing another MMO is kind of a depressing thought. WoW has been a staple for me for over a decade now, and for years I was looking forward to experiencing something similar all over again with their next MMO. Doubt that ever happens now, though. Seems like the market may never be the same for these types of games.

I'm still holding out that eventually Blizz will announce another MMO in the future, maybe not soon, but eventually.

Anyways, where the HELL is the Destro Legion Warlock.

Tenebrous

I REALLY want to try survival hunter, but with my main monk being windwalker, and my main druid feral, I feel like I have too many melee DPS already.

Top Bottom