• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Was just looking over the april fools stuff, I guffawed at the rogue patch notes having a reference to the best Elton John song:

Corrected an issue with Hemorrhage that caused it to occasionally leave love bleeding in the caster’s hands.

Fjordson

K I'll be playing in Midwinter next expansion. Excited
Whoa, grats! And Sargeras is an awesome server, that's where my main is.

Ahoy! Just started out again in Wow, last time I played was in 2007 and I lost interest around level 50. Do you guys think the boost to 90 is worth it? has anything changed to make getting to the endgame faster?
I wouldn't boost. Leveling a character now is quite a different experience than anything back in 2007. It's pretty fun imo with all the new quests and altered zones they introduced in Cataclysm. Also, leveling is still a decent primer on whatever class you're playing I think. Good way to get down the basics after being away for so long.

I'm at 245. Slowly getting there.

Through determination and hard work. Currently at something like 270. But I am not going out of my way to farm mounts all the time.

Either of you guys know an addon that will help you figure out which ones you don't have that are obtainable? I just want 250 for that fel firehawk.

I don't have any horde characters but a hunter, so getting the mounts from each horde side race would help a bit right?

cdyhybrid

Either of you guys know an addon that will help you figure out which ones you don't have that are obtainable? I just want 250 for that fel firehawk.

I don't have any horde characters but a hunter, so getting the mounts from each horde side race would help a bit right?
http://simplearmory.com/#/

Once you pull up your profile there's a collections tab or something like that at the top.

Also it only counts the total number of mounts any one character has access to at once. So if you have the Alliance racial mounts, getting the Horde ones won't do anything.

Mitch

Banned
I'm almost tempted to move my main to Sargeras in order to raid. I miss being Alliance and the large community feeling.

Only issue is getting all of my other alts over there for professions and what not.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Managed to snag a flametalon on a FL run last night, so that's pretty swell. Currently at 148, gonna buy the other riding goat and yak to get me to 150.

But at this point, I'm not sure which mounts will even get me close to 200, much less 250. Most of the mounts I'm 'missing' are either the Draenor '5K-20k' mounts (And as I've just restarted playing recently, I'm not quite at the multiple treasure-hunter followers yet, much less alt-garrisons), or old raid mounts which aren't easily achievable.

I know I've got Tailor, Engy, and Argent Dailies to do, as well as the occasional 'easy' rare spawn a la the Green Proto or primordial raptors, but between RL, trying to get ready to raid with my new guild and getting flying in Draenor, there's a limited amount of time, lol.

Realized last night when looking through the mount list that I missed out on the one mechano-hog equivalent for horde, as well as the Core Hound, which is...disappointing, lol.

cdyhybrid

Managed to snag a flametalon on a FL run last night, so that's pretty swell. Currently at 148, gonna buy the other riding goat and yak to get me to 150.

But at this point, I'm not sure which mounts will even get me close to 200, much less 250. Most of the mounts I'm 'missing' are either the Draenor '5K-20k' mounts (And as I've just restarted playing recently, I'm not quite at the multiple treasure-hunter followers yet, much less alt-garrisons), or old raid mounts which aren't easily achievable.

I know I've got Tailor, Engy, and Argent Dailies to do, as well as the occasional 'easy' rare spawn a la the Green Proto or primordial raptors, but between RL, trying to get ready to raid with my new guild and getting flying in Draenor, there's a limited amount of time, lol.

Realized last night when looking through the mount list that I missed out on the one mechano-hog equivalent for horde, as well as the Core Hound, which is...disappointing, lol.
Mount farming takes time once you've gotten all the easy ones. Just need to keep a realistic mindset and realize that it might take a while to get that rare drop.

It took me nearly a year to farm The Raven Lord, White Hawkstrider and Ashes of Al'ar, then all three dropped in short order.

And those are some of the easy ones.

Edit: Not related but there are some legitimately cool looking pieces of gear worth getting in the 1-60 dungeons. I've been running Scholomance for Argent Dawn rep dailies and got this shield...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=82847/metanoia-shield

It would look great on a Forsaken Prot Warrior.

Alternatively there are some truly awful and broken pieces of older gear...

KDGn3zh.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Edit: Not related but there are some legitimately cool looking pieces of gear worth getting in the 1-60 dungeons. I've been running Scholomance for Argent Dawn rep dailies and got this shield...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=82847/metanoia-shield

It would look great on a Forsaken Prot Warrior.
Scholomance gear sits as an exception to dungeon her in the 1-60 range because it's using the reworked Scholomance from Mists. As a result you get a few item models that are way cooler than anything else from Vanilla, along with some of the few trinkets available that are actually useful during the early game content.

ampere

Updated the OP with stuff being removed when Legion hits, and just to remind people I'll post it here too:

-Moose mount from killing Archimonde on heroic
-Warlords of Draenor Challenge modes and their rewards
-Khadgar's Legendary ring questline
-Heirloom trinkets for leveling up in Legion (Probably being removed, but not confirmed)

If you can think of something I missed, let me know. I know Blackhand and Archimonde mounts will have their drop rate lowered, but that's not the same as a removal so I omitted that.

cdyhybrid

Updated the OP with stuff being removed when Legion hits, and just to remind people I'll post it here too:

-Heirloom trinkets for leveling up in Legion (Probably being removed, but not confirmed)

If you can think of something I missed, let me know. I know Blackhand and Archimonde mounts will have their drop rate lowered, but that's not the same as a removal so I omitted that.
Gold missions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So you can do the Saberstalker rep in a raid group though you don't get fangs that way. That's kind of ... interesting?

Not being removed but Nemesis will get EXTREMELY harder when Legion launches

ZenaxPure

MAJOR LEGION SPOILERS

Nazgrim, Thoras Trollbane, Tirion Fordring, and Sally Whitemane are the new Four Horsemen.

MAJOR LEGION SPOILERS

oh SHIT

Tirion brought back as an undead has a lot of potential for a storyline, really interested to see how that goes down. Both the situation that leads to it happening and how other notable factions/NPCs react to him. I want to see that shit play out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tirion had such a huge part in WOTLK. I always thought it was weird for him to simply disapper in the following expansions. I know he used to hang out in WPL during Cataclysm, but he did nothing there. Just chilling in Hearthglen, the most out of the way Alliance town of northern Eastern Kingdoms.

Eh I wouldn't say Mal'Ganis is a wasteland, but the extremely high echelon guilds have certainly consolidated mostly onto a couple realms instead of a handful. Besides the ones that are just randomly wherever.

It's not so much filled with top 100 guilds, but like a lot of top ~500. Still in a better state than most servers. I mean we're not merged for one.

Couldn't afford to move right now anyway even if it was something on the table.

I wish other classic reps were as easy to get as the Argent Dawn.

Scholomance gear sits as an exception to dungeon her in the 1-60 range because it's using the reworked Scholomance from Mists. As a result you get a few item models that are way cooler than anything else from Vanilla, along with some of the few trinkets available that are actually useful during the early game content.

Makes sense. I assumed it had been touched up in Cata since there are a number of quest rewards from completing the quest lines in Thousand Needles and Blasted Lands that dole out plate armor that's better looking than most everything in TBC and WotLK.

TheYanger

Eh I wouldn't say Mal'Ganis is a wasteland, but the extremely high echelon guilds have certainly consolidated mostly onto a couple realms instead of a handful. Besides the ones that are just randomly wherever.

It's not so much filled with top 100 guilds, but like a lot of top ~500. Still in a better state than most servers. I mean we're not merged for one.

Couldn't afford to move right now anyway even if it was something on the table.

The server itself is ok, but it used to have two top 10 US level guilds and like three more top 30-40 guilds. Now it's got none.

Tenebrous

It'll probably suck. You can actually queue for Ashran in Legion via the PvP queuing system so maybe people can do it that way. Probably won't be many in queue though

Or you can just find achievement groups for it like people do now. That's how I got mine in less than 2 days.

#MakeMal'GanisGreatAgain

Or really just US servers in general cause they're all kinda in the dumps compared to EU guilds.

Though you can keep your dirty hands off my Medicare WoW tokens.

And I think MG is still in better shape than Area 52, for example. Illidan is the only super hopping Horde server.

Milennia

#MakeMal'GanisGreatAgain

Or really just US servers in general cause they're all kinda in the dumps compared to EU guilds.

Though you can keep your dirty hands off my Medicare WoW tokens.

And I think MG is still in better shape than Area 52, for example. Illidan is the only super hopping Horde server.

Zul'jin took a massive hit in terms of guild quality after my old guild died, back then there were 4 decent guilds on the server, now its just exiled legion 3 day top 30 guild.
Still heavily populated though, the ally realm are mostly consolidated to being sarg and stormrage, there are other mass populated ones such as dalaran but no notable raiding groups i can recall.

On horde many of the good guilds raid on random realms these days, my old guild plays on magtheridon for example at us 6 and there are many others, it used to be alliance who played on random realms such as alterac for vodka etc. but nobody moves anymore because it just isnt worth the effort and does almost nothing in reality outside of granting the guild a healthier AH for progress, which really in the whole grand scheme of things, isnt that big of a deal.

Many people keep gold caps on populated servers so they can buy up boes and transfer the characters to their home realms anyway to support their guild, just a much cheaper workaround.

Top Bottom