• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Fjordson

The more I play WoW, the more I appreciate the zone design in The Burning Crusade.

Almost every zone is alien, bordering on the surreal.
Outland was great. And the TBC raids were really interesting also.

I feel the same about Northrend. Blizz had an almost perfect balance where each zone felt unique while also making sense as part of a larger continent.

Ark

Rösti;200017918 said:
I currently play World of Warcraft in a resolution of 320x240.

Are there pictures? Why do you do this?

EDIT: I have no idea if I'm being gullible right now :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;200017918 said:
I currently play World of Warcraft in a resolution of 320x240.

856f8498374cd4cd464a6529ab7492fb.jpg

emptyroom

Neo Member
Been a while since I saw bonzi buddy. Made it to level 14, moving along at a good pace. Hopefully can try out deadmines tonight. It can be awfully lonely just questing.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Are there pictures? Why do you do this?

EDIT: I have no idea if I'm being gullible right now :D
Terrible hardware. I have an integrated ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics GPU, 256MB VRAM. And my CPU isn't too fast either. I'll provide an image in a little while.

cdyhybrid

Picked up the Bone White Primal Raptor and the last Flying Carpet I was missing today...3000 claws away from the Saberstalkers mount (kill me). Also working on the Molten Front quests to get that mount.

Two away from 250 D:

Magnus

The t19 sets look cool. It's been a long time since I've seen exciting, inspired set designs. I can't even remember anything worth a damn since like, tier 11.

Milennia

thinking about it now, i will more than likely hit 50 archimonde mythic kills by legion launch, currently at 35, 47 at the earliest i would say.

holy shit is that sad or what, thats on one character too not counting kills i have on others of the boss.

for comparison a friend of mine who was there for every single kill after his guilds first has 49 garrosh current kills, they killed the boss at us 4th.

cdyhybrid

Think I'm just gonna shoot for Conquest gear the rest of the expansion. Too much of a pain to PUG HFC. Probably have a better chance of reaching 2000 rating and getting the elite transmog than I do of getting Mythic armor anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
our top dps was missing and one of our top healers was missing. and we one shotted tyrant on the very first attempt
The t19 sets look cool. It's been a long time since I've seen exciting, inspired set designs. I can't even remember anything worth a damn since like, tier 11.
20150415020919a0e2kdpvmv4m3yeu.jpg

20150414231201a0e2k8txpevq44bh.jpg

bruh
warrior_mythic_tier_17_by_turpedo-d84sbrw.jpg

warlockTier17Quick.jpg

Fjordson

Picked up the Bone White Primal Raptor and the last Flying Carpet I was missing today...3000 claws away from the Saberstalkers mount (kill me). Also working on the Molten Front quests to get that mount.

Two away from 250 D:
Wow, nice man. Love the 250 mount (and the 300 one).

Repo Man

I wonder if I'll be eligible to unlock the old valor 1.5 set from vanilla when Legion launches. I think all of the set items were upgraded through quests so in theory they should unlock for transmog. Would be neat as I bet many players today wouldn't have that set and I foolishly sold the whole set ages ago. That quest chain was a good challenge back in the day, so many people thought that a 45 minute Baron run would be nigh on impossible.

Entropia

No One Remembers
thinking about it now, i will more than likely hit 50 archimonde mythic kills by legion launch, currently at 35, 47 at the earliest i would say.

holy shit is that sad or what, thats on one character too not counting kills i have on others of the boss.

for comparison a friend of mine who was there for every single kill after his guilds first has 49 garrosh current kills, they killed the boss at us 4th.

So I can come for a free mount carry, yes? ;)

Cetra

So I just resubbed to WoW yesterday haven't been out of it since the Mists of Pandaria beta. Started up a Alliance Warlock on Proudmoore. Anyone play there?

Also, holy shit Warlords starts off with bang. I'm really loving the story focused questing. Really nails the Warcraft feel for me.

Probably going to level up Enchanting and Tailoring, are the professions still working the same? How long does grinding one from 1 to cap take? WHat kind of changes have taken place there?

ZenaxPure

Probably going to level up Enchanting and Tailoring, are the professions still working the same? How long does grinding one from 1 to cap take? WHat kind of changes have taken place there?

Nah, professions are a mess right now. Pretty much everything but Alchemy and Enchanting to a degree is heavily time gated and the gathering professions are useless because everyone can gather their own supplies from their garrison. They also removed basically every profession perk (I think double flask duration is the only one still around?) and many of the usual recipes you'd find (no more keys from smiths, no more treasure pots from alchemy, etc.).

They are easier to level now though. Silver lining I guess.

Profession catch-up in WoD is fucking great, the professions themselves suck because everything is timegates and drip feeds out of a f2p game.

It depends on your server but on Dalaran Tailoring is worthwhile because you can sell Hexweave bags for 1500+ gold, even this late into the expansion. Enchanting is always a decent source of income, and even if it isn't, you can make useful things for yourself.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Profession catch-up in WoD is fucking great, the professions themselves suck because everything is timegates and drip feeds out of a f2p game.

It depends on your server but on Dalaran Tailoring is worthwhile because you can sell Hexweave bags for 1500+ gold, even this late into the expansion. Enchanting is always a decent source of income, and even if it isn't, you can make useful things for yourself.

And here I am selling them at 750-850g. :(

And here I am selling them at 750-850g. :(

Yeah, I know the price of Hexweave Bags depends on the server. I mean, that price may have dropped on Dalaran but I dunno because I stopped logging into my Alli Mage about a month ago and I haven't checked the AH much while leveling my Horde Pali. I wouldn't bother making Hexweave Bags for the AH for less than 1000g. Anything less and I would only kit my toons out and stop.

So I just resubbed to WoW yesterday haven't been out of it since the Mists of Pandaria beta. Started up a Alliance Warlock on Proudmoore. Anyone play there?

There's a few people in this thread on Proudmoore, I think. I used to play on there up until last week but had some major issues with my guild so I changed guilds/realms. It's a decent realm. Too heavily populated for my tastes but some people like that.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some images of World of Warcraft rendered in 320x240 (screen resolution 640x480):

wow_1w1olz.png

wow_2c7oad.png

wow_36voks.png

And what it looks like in fullscreen:

The console variable renderScale allows for down-/upsampling in values between 0.01 and 2 (percentages).

erawsd

So theres an area with aggressive Air Elementals, but
if you are an Ele Sham they recognize the Fist of Raden and become non aggressive.

OCPvttO.jpg

Such a nice little touch. All the class/spec exclusive stuff should make alt leveling a bit more engaging.

Tenebrous

You might want to put a spoiler tag on that. Many people on here (myself included) are trying to avoid things like the artifact quest openers.

Lomax

Got an Eye of Sulfuras drop on my warlock, spent a ton of gold on a Sulfuron Hammer, gleefully made the legendary, and then discovered my pet won't show it. Always check wowhead first. Always.

I would totally play Pocket WoW. DQIX kind of is that.

Wrapped up Zangarmarsh's quests this evening and am bound for Shattrath. Once I wrap up my last Argent Dawn daily tomorrow I'll be able to move my hearth from Silvermoon to Shattrath and leave Azeroth behind for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now that I'm working a lot more, I do worry about my WoW playing. I'm off the days that I raid, and that's what I enjoy the most. But I work so much the days that I'm not raiding that it gives me little time to myself that I rarely have time for anything else. And unfortunately, that means I end up spending a lot of that time free working on finishing my legendary ring, doing tanaan dailies, finding ways to farm gold for flasks, repairs, enchants, etc and then finding I have to go back for my double and I spent all my free time on WoW.

Even with playing one character, the temptation to waste all my time on WoW really gets bad when I'm working a lot of doubles.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped playing WoW around 2008/2009 and decided to give it another shot since I'm in the Legion alpha. Man, the quest design is soooooo much better than it was all those years ago. It makes exploring the world feel so much more fun, which is good because the strength of WoW is its world design.

I'm trying out a Monk at level 100, which is pretty fun. I also started a Worgen since I never got to see their starting area or try the character out. The leveling process seems faster and the quests seem much less grindy, which is nice. Overall a surprisingly pleasant experience.

Top Bottom