• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Entropia

No One Remembers
Fun fact: There was a GAF guild on Horde Area 52 many years ago... believe it was mid-Wrath.

EDIT: Perused through the first OT looking for when we made it. I was also curious how this game only had 6 OTs... then I saw the original OT was 488 pages!!! So it was before GAF imposed the 20k post per thread limit.

Fun fact: There was a GAF guild on Horde Area 52 many years ago... believe it was mid-Wrath.

EDIT: Perused through the first OT looking for when we made it. I was also curious how this game only had 6 OTs... then I saw the original OT was 488 pages!!! So it was before GAF imposed the 20k post per thread limit.
Was it called In Defense of the Genre or something like that? Can't remember the exact name but I know being in it.
has anyone tried the Vanilla private server Nostalrius?
I have. Played it for two hours as a Gnome and quickly realizing that I forgot how unforgiving the Dwarf/Gnome starting zone was during Classic. It also showed me how improved current World of Warcraft is regardless of how easy it may or may not be.

Mitch

Banned
has anyone tried the Vanilla private server Nostalrius?
Made an Undead Warlock last year. Got to 26 or so in Thousand Needles. Recently made a Dwarf Priest and gave up around level 16. I just can't dedicate the time anymore.

The amount of people that play is enormous. IF was PACKED. It was a sight to see.

Wow, that faction balance..

area 52's alliance are a resilient bunch. they refuse to server or faction change

edit: holy shit artifact quivers

hunterArtifact.jpg

ZenaxPure

Had to go check out that MMOC news post for myself and holy crap I never knew putting armor on top of more armor could make sets look so cool. I went from being pretty whatever about the Rogue set to wanting it asap. It's not finished yet obviously but the armor on the gloves/boots really make it look so much better. Especially because the gloves and boots were using my absolute least favorite boot/glove model in the game (both of which they use in half the fucking rogue sets). T19 might be one of my favorite tier sets in a while.

I'll do whatever it takes to get that DK set, even if it means switching to DK as main in Legion ;P. But I like the warlock set too aaahhhhh. Will raid in two guilds. #dead

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Not sure I like the Warlock Tier 19 colorful balls. Like someone once said, it's like weak points that needs to be hit to kill a boss.

I suppose LFR will not get Tier sets again, like in WoD?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The DK set honestly looks like it's from a different game. It's so much more ornately detailed than any other WoW sets I've seen.

The blue version had better be the PVE version

Quickest way would be dungeon queuing since you're a tank, but quest rewards will fill int he gaps pretty quickly. I think most plate quest rewards 40-60 are str, with a few rare ints.

frontovik

Banned
What's Blizzard plans for Garrisons in Legion? Will it carry over or is it only relevant to Warlords?

Also, I decided to try out LFR for HFC today. From what I've observed, there doesn't seem to be much co-ordination involved. I didn't get any loot out of it, though it'd be nice to pick up those T18 pieces.

Bisnic

What's Blizzard plans for Garrisons in Legion? Will it carry over or is it only relevant to Warlords?

Also, I decided to try out LFR for HFC today. From what I've observed, there doesn't seem to be much co-ordination involved. I didn't get any loot out of it, though it'd be nice to pick up those T18 pieces.

You don't get any Tier loot from LFR in WoD.

Mitch

Banned
It really does. I'm tempted to switch from Warrior to Priest for Legion. Or just try and play both :lol
That's what I'm doing.

Main is Priest. First alt that I'll have a lot of focus on will be my Warrior and then my Rogue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got Heroic Hellrender, Heroic Discordant Chorus and Heroic Unending Hunger all in the same run on my DK

my RNG is off the charts

Tenebrous

fuck alts

Yeah, I've no idea how I did it in TBC (my priest was raiding T6, and my warlock T5, with a mage for PvP and a rogue twink with 25k HKs), & Wrath (had several toons doing HFC weekly).

Now? Well, my druid is about 700 thanks to my guild taking me to a heroic run (got the highest roll over a 725 mage from another guild who wasn't very happy - was fucking hilarious), but none of my 15 level 100s are remotely close to my Warrior.

Speaking of RNG, our raid leader got mythic warforged unending hunger on our last Gorefiend kill.

ZenaxPure

Gonna stick with my rogue per usual, especially since they are making changes to assassin I've wanted for a long time. For alts I actually am not sure yet, windwalker, frost mage, and shadow all look super fun to me but I need to actually play them to know what order to go in. Will level everything eventually no doubt but how much I play any of them will depend on endgame structure in Legion.

ampere

Alts definitely get overwhelming. I've always said "I'm gonna cut down on alts this expac!" and then it never happens because it's so useful to have them as profession bots. I don't keep up with gearing alts anymore though

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting are probably the only "must have" professions for a main or alt in my mind. Saves so much gold over the course of an expac even if you don't sell for profit and only make your own stuff.

It's gonna be tough to stick with one toon in Legion, especially since they've tweaked a bunch of specs and a lot of the artifacts and class halls look pretty cool. Paladin, Priest, Warlock, and Hunter in particular are all look super tempting to me in Legion. Not sticking with one toon was definitely a detriment in WoD though, took me so long to get Draenor Pathfinder and flying as well as getting my garrisons up to snuff because of that.

Since there's going to be so many Demon Hunters in Legion I expect there to be the usual glut of DPS but quite a few tanks as well, so I'm trying to make it a rule to only roll classes in Legion that have a healing spec. Working on a Belf Paladin right now and rolling a Goblin Priest next.

Fjordson

I haven't dabbled with alts much in WoD because the thought of going through Draenor again and building up another Garrison sounds like a bad time. It's probably not as tedious as I'm remembering, but eh. I'll probably wait until Legion to really get into any alts.

Also, just finished my weekly Mogu'shan Vaults run...

!!!

Did get Manno down again tonight for the second time, though it took longer than it should have, especially if you include all of yesterday. Arch grind begins again for real next week.

Ark

On their official forums. It's currently on their PTR servers

Ah excellent, I'll make sure to follow that then. Thanks :)

That's what I'm doing.

Main is Priest. First alt that I'll have a lot of focus on will be my Warrior and then my Rogue.

I'm just having fun playing classes I never tried back when I played in TBC & Wrath. Warrior is a ton of fun and the priest I'm levelling (only so I can boost him with the legion boost from 60, so he gets professions) is also a lot of fun in disc.

The more I play WoW, the more I appreciate the zone design in The Burning Crusade.

Almost every zone is alien, bordering on the surreal.

Zangarmarsh is still, hands down, my favourite zone in WoW, closely followed by Grizzly Hills.

Bisnic

does rösti still play WoW on 800x600 low settings

I think his resolution is even lower than that, and not even low settings. He has to use console commands to go BELOW low settings.

Also, while we're speaking of alts, I'm still surprised I was able to get so many to 100 AND took the time to find them a decent looking Tier set. All that's left to do if pre-purchase Legion and use the lvl 100 boost on my monk.
But I guess that's what happen when you're waiting for the next content for nearly a year and are not really a raider.
xdr56LY.png

Not sure what I'm going to play in Legion. Will probably stick to my mage or paladin like always with maybe my shaman since he's got Mining & Herbalism and my 2 mains both got 2 crafting professions.

XenodudeX

Did you guys know that some fan websites have gotten Legion Beta keys this past week? Could mean the Legion beta is stating soon (tm)

Top Bottom