• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

Sweet, got a Sea Turtle from my shipyard with fishing nets. Is it possible to get the Riding Turtle this way too?

No, but you can get it from the drops off the Frostdeep/Lunarfall Cavedweller, which you can fish up in the Garrison if you have a T3 fishing shack.

Neil_J_UK

No, but you can get it from the drops off the Frostdeep/Lunarfall Cavedweller, which you can fish up in the Garrison if you have a T3 fishing shack.

Thanks. Yeah I've just recently got a T3 fishing shack and recruited Nat. Am I right in saying there's zero benefit to assigning Nat to the fishing shack?

Robin64

Thanks. Yeah I've just recently got a T3 fishing shack and recruited Nat. Am I right in saying there's zero benefit to assigning Nat to the fishing shack?

You can catch lunkers without bait. And catching lunkers will earn you coins with Nat, who has a whole host of things for sale including a new Crimson Water Strider mount.

Neil_J_UK

You can catch lunkers without bait. And catching lunkers will earn you coins with Nat, who has a whole host of things for sale including a new Crimson Water Strider mount.

Ah, I thought I read somewhere you still catch lunkers without bait even if he's not assigned. Thanks again.

emptyroom

Neo Member
Made it to Level 20. Guess I need to get out of Loch Modan. Is wetlands the next best place for me?

Also tried some dungeons and the group I was with just steamrolled them. I could barely keep up on foot, will certain boots buff my walking speed or are the gnomes just slow?

Robin64

Made it to Level 20. Guess I need to get out of Loch Modan. Is wetlands the next best place for me?

Also tried some dungeons and the group I was with just steamrolled them. I could barely keep up on foot, will certain boots buff my walking speed or are the gnomes just slow?

All races move at the same speed.

As for where to go, yeah, Wetlands is the natural follow on from Loch Modan. If you just follow the quests it will send you there anyway, unless you are really desperate to leave Loch Modan.

Doing dungeons, by the way, will cause you to completely out-level the world content. Even without dungeons, you out-level a zone before the end, but with them.. yeah.

emptyroom

Neo Member
All races move at the same speed.

As for where to go, yeah, Wetlands is the natural follow on from Loch Modan. If you just follow the quests it will send you there anyway, unless you are really desperate to leave Loch Modan.

Doing dungeons, by the way, will cause you to completely out-level the world content. Even without dungeons, you out-level a zone before the end, but with them.. yeah.

It wasn't that fun anyways. Will probably stay away for now unless I need a quick level to help me out when the going gets tough.

Cetra

Nah, professions are a mess right now. Pretty much everything but Alchemy and Enchanting to a degree is heavily time gated and the gathering professions are useless because everyone can gather their own supplies from their garrison. They also removed basically every profession perk (I think double flask duration is the only one still around?) and many of the usual recipes you'd find (no more keys from smiths, no more treasure pots from alchemy, etc.).

They are easier to level now though. Silver lining I guess.

Thats a shame, but eh. The stuff I've seen out of Legion regarding Professions looks pretty promising. So heres to hoping.

Profession catch-up in WoD is fucking great, the professions themselves suck because everything is timegates and drip feeds out of a f2p game.

It depends on your server but on Dalaran Tailoring is worthwhile because you can sell Hexweave bags for 1500+ gold, even this late into the expansion. Enchanting is always a decent source of income, and even if it isn't, you can make useful things for yourself.

So it's mostly gated behind the Garrisons? Hmmm. I was enjoying my Garrison, but if its gating what should be normal at my own pace gameplay then I can see that being a problem. Has Blizz said either way if Garrisons would carry over into Legion?

There's a few people in this thread on Proudmoore, I think. I used to play on there up until last week but had some major issues with my guild so I changed guilds/realms. It's a decent realm. Too heavily populated for my tastes but some people like that.

Awesome, I'll try and keep an eye out for them. Thanks!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do we have any ideas what they're planning to do with professions in Legion? I sure hope they're not going to make them as useless as they are right now.

Sioen

For as much as I complain about wow in it's current state, going back to vanilla wow is impossible for me after trying that Nostalrius.

ZenaxPure

Bellular put up a Blacksmithing preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lhoUUClC4

Lots of questing in store.

I think this looks awesome, especially with how each upgrade rank for each major recipe appears to have its own little quest chain... Buttttttt, I am still worried about what the point will be in the long run. If the actual recipes are still similar to what we have in WoD there is not a lot of long term value in crafting and the equip limit on gear means you hit a wall on how much personal value you get from a profession incredibly quick.

I know why Blizzard removed stuff like leg armor and belt buckles but to me personally with them gone professions feel completely useless as a way to upgrade my character. I made it a goal in every xpac before WoD to max every profession so I could take care of me and my friends needs but in Warlords I just sorta maxed them for the achievement and that was kinda it. The only professions I even do work orders for is tailoring (for bags), and enchanting/alchemy to sell the raw mats. Professions just feel useless right now.

Bisnic

I think this looks awesome, especially with how each upgrade rank for each major recipe appears to have its own little quest chain... Buttttttt, I am still worried about what the point will be in the long run. If the actual recipes are still similar to what we have in WoD there is not a lot of long term value in crafting and the equip limit on gear means you hit a wall on how much personal value you get from a profession incredibly quick.

I know why Blizzard removed stuff like leg armor and belt buckles but to me personally with them gone professions feel completely useless as a way to upgrade my character. I made it a goal in every xpac before WoD to max every profession so I could take care of me and my friends needs but in Warlords I just sorta maxed them for the achievement and that was kinda it. The only professions I even do work orders for is tailoring (for bags), and enchanting/alchemy to sell the raw mats. Professions just feel useless right now.

What they would need to do is putting more mounts, toys or pets unique to every professions. Make a bunch of recolored ones if you have to save time and resources. Who cares about making purple pants when you can sometimes get better stuff in raids? They're mostly only good in the first few months of a new expansion anyway.
Or maybe they could put some badass looking gear for transmog in there. Want that Tier 19 set but not a raider? No problem! Just create these parts with no stats at all and you'll get that same look as the raider, except it will be red instead of blue.

Lomax

Personally I felt like the way they did crafted gear in WoD was the best implementation they have ever done. It allowed you an early boost during leveling, had regular upgrades (that also improved looks), and provided viable pieces all the way throughout, if you so chose (without feeling mandatory or becoming instantly obsolete). The only thing I would have done differently was give each profession an alternative BoP version of each piece and upgrade that used less mats (but was otherwise identical).

ZenaxPure

What they would need to do is putting more mounts, toys or pets unique to every professions. Make a bunch of recolored ones if you have to save time and resources. Who cares about making purple pants when you can sometimes get better stuff in raids? They're mostly only good in the first few months of a new expansion anyway.

Er they solved that problem with exactly what Lomax is talking about. My crafted cape is ilvl 715 (725 with valor upgrades) and the only way I can get better is mythic raiding (which I don't do) and mythic dungeons (which I do but haven't had good luck yet). Crafted gear has value for most people the entire expansion now, which is awesome, but not really what I am talking about.

What I am talking about is stuff you can craft repeatedly that has value in keeping for yourself or selling on the auction house. Mounts, toys, pets, etc. don't really feel that slot. The void they left by removing item enhancements from most professions was never filled by anything. They did it because they didn't want people to have to constantly enchant/gem every single new piece of gear they got but at the same time it took away a crucial part of what made professions worth interacting with.

So it's mostly gated behind the Garrisons? Hmmm. I was enjoying my Garrison, but if its gating what should be normal at my own pace gameplay then I can see that being a problem. Has Blizz said either way if Garrisons would carry over into Legion?

Your profession has a timegate on resource generation. It doesn't matter how many resources you have, you can only make x amount of a profession crafting material (e.g. Hexweave Cloth) a day because reasons. Profession buildings in your garrison can add a drip feed on top of that to slightly speed up your resource generation. Later you can use additional currencies (Primal Spirits, Garrison Resources and unused things you gather in your garrison) to purchase resources off of various merchants but even some of those are randomised so you have to do garrison hopping or wait for it to appear in yours. By and large the player lacks agency with WoD professions, you have to log in once a day, every day to get the most benefit out of your profession and garrison.

Bellular put up a Blacksmithing preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lhoUUClC4

Lots of questing in store.

Professions are one of the main reasons I'm as excited about Legion. They look like they're something to genuinely get invested in and the new UI looks great.

I guess Mining is never getting Smelting back. It's just tied to Blacksmithing from WoD on up.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Personally I felt like the way they did crafted gear in WoD was the best implementation they have ever done. It allowed you an early boost during leveling, had regular upgrades (that also improved looks), and provided viable pieces all the way throughout, if you so chose (without feeling mandatory or becoming instantly obsolete). The only thing I would have done differently was give each profession an alternative BoP version of each piece and upgrade that used less mats (but was otherwise identical).

I agree with the BoP alternate gear, but IIRC there's been a lot of complaints in the past about 'BiS' (at least during early points of an xpac) and having to 'switch' professions for it in the past.

TBH I think the new WoD system of still having random rolls for secondary stats (that can be re-rolled) addresses that, but it is unfortunate.

cdyhybrid

It sounds like they're trying to fix this by giving every crafting prof consumable items. Scribes have those rune/seal things for bonus damage on a boss, smiths have the horseshoe things that last two hours, etc.

ZenaxPure

It sounds like they're trying to fix this by giving every crafting prof consumable items. Scribes have those rune/seal things for bonus damage on a boss, smiths have the horseshoe things that last two hours, etc.

Sounds great then. I am fully on board with this.

MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS

MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS > > > imgur.com/a/Rfbq1 < < < MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS

MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS

Seriously, don't copy that unless you ABSOLUTELY want to be spoiled.

tl;dr:

Anduin is not the champion of the Light who lead the armies of Azeroth together against the Legion. It is Illidan. He is the champion of the Light.

MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS > > > imgur.com/a/Rfbq1 < < < MAJOR ILLIDAN NOVEL SPOILERS

Seriously, don't copy that unless you ABSOLUTELY want to be spoiled.

tl;dr:

Anduin is not the champion of the Light who lead the armies of Azeroth together against the Legion. It is Illidan. He is the champion of the Light.

hahahaha thats pretty silly

Thanks for posting that blacksmithing video! I'm liking the idea of quests and some RP/lore surrounding the professions. Also, looks like there's going to be some reliance on other gathering professions (other than the standard one for your given production profession) so that makes the altoholic in me happy. It'll be nice for gathering productions to have more of a market again.

Lomax

I agree with the BoP alternate gear, but IIRC there's been a lot of complaints in the past about 'BiS' (at least during early points of an xpac) and having to 'switch' professions for it in the past.

TBH I think the new WoD system of still having random rolls for secondary stats (that can be re-rolled) addresses that, but it is unfortunate.

Well that's the point. It would be exactly the same, you'd just get it cheaper or easier if you have the profession. Like say if I could craft bop cloth gear upgrades with all Hexweave, instead of Hexweave and Felblight. Then you get a benefit from having the profession, but there's no motivation to switch or gear penalty for not having it.

Nyx

I've been going on a sightseeing tour yesterday and solo-ed some old raids I had never done before.

Did Icecrown Citadel (killed 10 bosses to see the portal to the Lich King not show up) and Blackwing Descent, really cool raids that must have been!

And killing someone like Nefarian in just a few seconds on my own was pretty cool too. ;)

Today I'm going to visit some more of the older raid content. Any tips on the best ones? (I quit in WotLK so everything from that up to Mists)

edit: Ah yes I also did Dragon Soul in the Caverns of Time, couldn't kill Deathwing's spine though, running from left to right all the time didn't work out for me in the few tries I had before going to bed.

Peachpies

Got rank 1 for Mistweaver healing on mythic Archimonde tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRD15CXPwY

There are also cloak enchants that increase your movement speed by 10%, if people are leveling alts they might have those on their heirloom cloak. Some classes just have better movement from abilities though.

Stalk

The Legion stuff got me interested in replaying recently so I started back up a fresh character, and being a player who hasn't really played properly since end of WoTLK (I was involved at the start of Cata but burned out) it's a surprising change. The Worgen/Undead stuff is pretty neat in the starting area, also picked up the Chronicle which has proven to be an interesting read.

Got my legion key for cheap so gonna try and level up a character then boost one of my older alts who are sitting at 80-85. That time of year though isn't it. Oh and Illidan is lol.

Been logging back into my Shaman to do follower rewards and garrison chores again. I've been half-assedly upgrading a Shrediron for a Hunter off and on for months now, got it to the 4th upgrade tier/ilvl 675 and saw I need 30 and then 60 Felblight for the last two ilvl upgrades. Yeah, no. Dunno if I'll even have this Hunter leveled in time for Legion. I'm not going to bother buying all of that Felblight off of the AH and I definitely don't want to farm it in Tanaan just so I can level that Hunter through Draenor faster for Legion.

Definitely want to pick one character to try and stick with in Legion. I think it will be this Paladin I'm leveling.

emptyroom

Neo Member
There are also cloak enchants that increase your movement speed by 10%, if people are leveling alts they might have those on their heirloom cloak. Some classes just have better movement from abilities though.

Thanks, I'm glad you also mentioned heirlooms I'm not too sure what they are, should I be interest in them just yet?

Nyx

Today I went to Black Temple, Mount Hyjal and Sunwell Plateau, all instances I had also never seen before from the inside.
And as a bonus I got an almost complete tier set for transmog, including a great looking sword. (Tempest of Chaos)

My Rogue now looks like this.

lXdx3iz.jpg

Stalk

Oh. I didn't realise that you just /bought/ heirlooms now. I was thinking they were something like in the old days still. Neat.

Lomax

So i didnt play during MOP but want to farm the mobs in Ordon Sanctuary is this still possible to do?

You can farm the mobs around it on the outside, and in the little side area which has a couple of rate spawn points. You can then use the forced teleport to get back down to the main area quickly. I did that and the daily for like 10-15 minutes every day to turn the rep grind more into a gradual daily thing than just a soul crushing grind.

Been logging back into my Shaman to do follower rewards and garrison chores again. I've been half-assedly upgrading a Shrediron for a Hunter off and on for months now, got it to the 4th upgrade tier/ilvl 675 and saw I need 30 and then 60 Felblight for the last two ilvl upgrades. Yeah, no. Dunno if I'll even have this Hunter leveled in time for Legion. I'm not going to bother buying all of that Felblight off of the AH and I definitely don't want to farm it in Tanaan just so I can level that Hunter through Draenor faster for Legion.

Definitely want to pick one character to try and stick with in Legion. I think it will be this Paladin I'm leveling.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Paladin being my main also. I just can't decide between Protection or Retribution.

But I'm also anxious to see how Survival Hunter plays. I love the idea of a spear-wielding tauren with a pet kodo. I guess I'm waiting to see if the kodo pets get made as a Beast Mastery exclusive.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have pretty much every class at level cap now...but I really can't work up the will to gear up any of them other than my Warrior main. It probably doesn't really help that I'm looking at Legion specs a lot, and stuff like Monk and Druid just look way more appealing to play with their abilities reworked.

Bisnic

I don't even remember why people never used it in the past.

Was it because the quality was crap, or because people didn't want to use something else than their 3rd party software?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I used the voice chat in a Stratholme group sometime during WOTLK

it seemed fine. That is hte ONLY time I ever used it

Top Bottom