• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

I kinda wish Blizzard waited a little longer to shut down the latest pirate server because now Trade is just filled with people whinging about how great Vanilla was 24/7.

Some of the trolling before was funny at least.

Yes, and I even transferred to a more populated server. Still I only ran into >5 players at a time while I was going through the zones under 20. After that most zones become ghost towns.

It just doesn't feel like an MMO at all unless you are sitting in a hub. I dislike it.

It's a decade old MMO, it's not surprising that once players gain access to the dungeon queue at 15 they vanish from the old, stale leveling content. You gotta join a leveling guild to maintain a more social leveling experience and Dalaran has plenty of casual guilds for that. I think Dalaran only has casual guilds. You play Alli right? Order of the Righteous seems pretty large, active and always looking for more. They even do world PVP, they murdered Voljin last night.

I love lore and PVE but even my favourite questing zones get boring to play through multiple times. I leveled the hunter I'm currently playing almost strictly through RBG's because it was something different and actually fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The other thing that is about to make me quit the game is how many of this current guilds wipes are because the same people get 'dced' ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Has Blizz ever discussed making WoW tokens into just a service token? Usable to redeem for a faction change, race change or server change as well as a month of game time?

I'm guessing Data West has me on ignore. Lol

Working my way through heroic with a new group. Having a blast. With that said, any one have any tips for brawlers guild? I missed it last time and would like to get the mount from there. I'm a blood DK. I was also interested in conquering the endless waves in proving grounds. Any suggestions?

Lomax

Has Blizz ever discussed making WoW tokens into just a service token? Usable to redeem for a faction change, race change or server change as well as a month of game time?

They really should, especially for store items. I'd love to be able to buy all the pets and mounts for just gold.

Zelias

Banned
Gotta admit, all the talk about WoW recently (especially that private server) has me interested in resubbing to mess around again. Token price in the EU is 85k now though. Yikes.

I got Hatespark for 20k and Son of Animus for 5k but I think this has to take the cake

dJZF685.png

(two of them)

TPmgVBZ.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's a decade old MMO, it's not surprising that once players gain access to the dungeon queue at 15 they vanish from the old, stale leveling content. You gotta join a leveling guild to maintain a more social leveling experience and Dalaran has plenty of casual guilds for that. I think Dalaran only has casual guilds. You play Alli right? Order of the Righteous seems pretty large, active and always looking for more. They even do world PVP, they murdered Voljin last night.

I love lore and PVE but even my favourite questing zones get boring to play through multiple times. I leveled the hunter I'm currently playing almost strictly through RBG's because it was something different and actually fun.

Yeah, I'm on Dalaran Alli. It's been a few months since I subbed though. I actually joined OotR for awhile, but left to join a smaller leveling guild. The guild interactions and such are still really active, don't get me wrong. It would just be nice if the "world" felt more alive.
I know the LFG system was an enormous QOL improvement, and phasing allowed for some really interesting questlines. I wouldn't give those up. It just feels sometimes like the game is a single player that has a multiplayer playlist queue.

Tenebrous

Think it took us around 40, but we were overgeared for it. I think 17 players in our core team have the 795 ring now (at least 5-10 did when we did Gore for the first time).

ZenaxPure

Just dropped 500k on a Swift Spectral Tiger, more than I'd like to pay but it's the first one I've seen on my AH in about a year. The good news though is I only need the blue X-51 rocket, Swift Shorestrider, White Riding Camel, and the Ghastly Charger and I'll have all the TCG mounts.

I've never seen the first 3 on my AH but last year I saw numerous Chargers for 100k but never bought one. Really extremely regretting that now since I haven't seen one go up in a pretty long while.

CassSept

When I played Lock in BC I had some addon that would yell SHADOWFALL every time I got a Shadowfall proc.

I guess that made it more exciting. I remember when we had a lock record our guild's first kills and we realized his UI literally included a huge shadowbolt button in the middle of the screen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind the switch to Alliance that much but man do I miss my Orcs and Goblins.

They just need to put in PVE Mercenary mode.

Can you guys help out finding a pve build and a pvp build pls?, for 2.4.3

Without looking any of it up... go into demo enough to get sac. Sac a succubus. Go into destro enough to get Ruin (edit: oops, wrong era, down to Shadow and Flame!). Points up to there go into things that look useful, which should be obvious. Or you know put points into random things if you want to be "unique" cause man those old talent trees were so good and had so many good options!....

Then bind shadowbolt to every button your keyboard and roll face/arm/item of choice over keyboard repeatedly.

ampere

My two favorite specs (Brewmaster and Blood DK) aren't fun in Legion :(

Sucks. Prob gonna take a break for awhile and then maybe play casually

Robin64

Yeah, just put points into anything you want in the old talent trees, you have so much choice and definitely can't fall into traps or anything.

CassSept

There are some downsides to MoP - questing experience is relatively weak and early dailies were an overkill. Besides that?

They managed to make dailies work great for the first time ever in 5.1. Raids were great. Art was great. Music was great. Lore was very varied, fresh and consistent. Really a fantastic expansion that was unfairly rejected by many fans.

Tenebrous

There are some downsides to MoP - questing experience is relatively weak and early dailies were an overkill. Besides that?

They managed to make dailies work great for the first time ever in 5.1. Raids were great. Art was great. Music was great. Lore was very varied, fresh and consistent. Really a fantastic expansion that was unfairly rejected by many fans.

Heart of Fear.

But yeah, MoP is my second favourite expansion along with TBC. Wrath is very close behind (or equal), though.

Yeah, I'm on Dalaran Alli. It's been a few months since I subbed though. I actually joined OotR for awhile, but left to join a smaller leveling guild. The guild interactions and such are still really active, don't get me wrong. It would just be nice if the "world" felt more alive.
I know the LFG system was an enormous QOL improvement, and phasing allowed for some really interesting questlines. I wouldn't give those up. It just feels sometimes like the game is a single player that has a multiplayer playlist queue.

The world is alive, in the latest content, the problem is that world is Tanaan.

With Vanilla WoW it looks like it isn't purely nostalgia or fondness for mechanics and design that have been stripped out or lost in the push to streamline things, it's that there used to be lots of players in the 20-60 zones so the game felt more "alive". There's a lot of systems in place to try to drive players all over the game, from gathering professions, fishing, archaeology, battle pets, even garrison rewards but the problem is no on really likes or wants to do these things. At least not in great numbers.

The starting areas, faction hubs and latest content are going to be where the game is the most active. Yeah it would be cooler if there were more players in the Burning Steppes or Un'Goro Grater but with the way the game is designed, it's more about funneling people through this content faster than it is rewarding people for seeing things through to the end in each zone. Even if Legion's flex leveling gets populated through the rest of the game, I don't see a lot of players returning to older content, not without valid reasons for doing so (transmogs, titles). Those demonic invasions might do the trick for a short while, but in the end it's always gonna be the latest content that's the most active. Hopefully by ditching Garrsions Legion will feel like less of a single player game.

Tenebrous

The entire leveling experience is just bollocks.

I'm leveling a warrior (my main class) for the first time since TBC & Wrath, and I'm looking at my abilities & rotation during a dungeon and thinking... How on earth is a new player meant to get to grips with tanking like this? Shield slam is your weakest hitting ability, so why use it? Why use anything except Devastate (and if they're previously experienced with MMOs, Thunder Clap)? It does the most damage, and let's be honest, BoA or no BoA, you're not going to die in a dungeon finder group.

Sure, back in vanilla/TBC/Wrath you didn't learn endgame entirely by leveling, but you knew what every ability did and there was no stupid "reach level X for Y to become 1084015x more powerful" like there is with shield slam.

Top Bottom