• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Got a ticket response back. Basically, they probably do have the data to tell me who all was saved to the raid ID/who killed Archimonde, but they won't because of "privacy". Which is kind of bullshit (but I guess understandable). There should be an avenue of restitution for situations like this though.

Sent a response back throwing some lines from the ToS in their face :p

Milennia

The mandatory personal loot possibility is their way of countering split runs, however split runs will still exist in another form.

What's stopping me from playing 5 mages and running the instance with each and just bringing the most geared?

Once someone does it everyone does it because why wouldn't you if you cared about competing, the issue is people who don't really care about their rank or don't raid enough to attain a strong one are doing these things and I don't really grasp that, it has created a really rough trend that goes all the way back into the 20s-40s for each region rank wise.

Just mentality that's needs to shift so the standard can, I believe it is in the process of doing so itself save for 4-5 guilds in the world most people seem to be going at it soft now after this recent tier and long farm to think things over and not burn those playing still after a year long content drought out. It will pick up when they announce a release date because hype etc. and people will change their plans once again but I really hope I'm wrong. Hate alts but I am one of the few who would play 6 of my own class lol

ViciousDS

Banned
Started up on stormrage.......I don't remember the last time I actually saw 12 people stack up on a quest at level 12.....and dear heavens stormwind is fucking packed. Yes, totally sticking here lol

Mitch

Banned
Started up on stormrage.......I don't remember the last time I actually saw 12 people stack up on a quest at level 12.....and dear heavens stormwind is fucking packed. Yes, totally sticking here lol
Made a priest there this past week. Westfall was very active, as was Darkshire. If you're in need of a social guild, check out Facepalm.

Robin64

Speculation here, but I think that awesome horse model will be a reward for finihsing your class Order Hall questline. Why? The colours of them. Each of these can be easily tied to a class (Death Knight top left, Hunter top right..) and I expect we'll see the missing class ones soon enough.

horse2Mounts.jpg

Just you wait! You'll see I'm right!

Speaking of weekly disappointments... I've successfully bonus rolled loot from Lei Shi 10/11 last weeks. 10 times shoulders, when I want the only other thing on the loot table, a belt. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

You can still do old bonus tiles from mists? I thought the vendor didn't do them anymore.

erawsd

Speculation here, but I think that awesome horse model will be a reward for finihsing your class Order Hall questline. Why? The colours of them. Each of these can be easily tied to a class (Death Knight top left, Hunter top right..) and I expect we'll see the missing class ones soon enough.

You might be on to something. Those definitely look like the color schemes for DK, Sham, Mage, DH, War, and Mnk. Although those look cool, now I cant help but think how great it'
d be to have proper class mounts for everyone.

Tenebrous

You might be on to something. Those definitely look like the color schemes for DK, Sham, Mage, DH, War, and Mnk. Although those look cool, now I cant help but think how great it'd be to have proper class mounts for everyone.

Why would a Mage or Monk ride around on a horse with a bag'o'skulls hanging off the side? Doesn't seem to play into the class fantasy theme well for me, honestly.

I reckon...

1) They're deathchargers, and are unlocked along with artifact skins (although unlikely, as every other class would bitch).
2) They're PvP prestige mounts... I'm going for this.

erawsd

Why would a Mage or Monk ride around on a horse with a bag'o'skulls hanging off the side? Doesn't seem to play into the class fantasy theme well for me, honestly.

I reckon...

1) They're deathchargers, and are unlocked along with artifact skins (although unlikely, as every other class would bitch).
2) They're PvP prestige mounts... I'm going for this.

I agree that its weird but it definitely appears to have the class color thing going for it. I highly doubt number 1, number 2 is also possible.

Robin64

I'm still going to consider them for classes, but they could very well be from PvP, that I will give you. The skulls would point that way.

Apathy

I hate lower citadel so much. It's the worst part of every week, specially where no one needs the gear and we have to do it to try out people. If it weren't for that I would have a one day raid week.

I'm having more fun on alt heroic runs than normal raids. And we still got so much more before the expansion

ZenaxPure

No idea where those horses come from but I want one. They look sweet. If they are from pvp I doubt it will be from the new honor system, the mount rewards for that seems to be reskinned vicious war mounts (as a bunch of those have been datamined and they are shown in the legion pvp preview blog).

You can still do old bonus tiles from mists? I thought the vendor didn't do them anymore.

Yeah. For T14 you get lesser charms from mobs on Timeless Isle, and then the tokens for 20 each at a vendor at Niuzao Temple. T15 you turn in 1k Timeless Coins per token at one of the guys by the emperor on Timeless Isle. T16 you get three per week for 50 lesser charms, quest is where it always was.

I went into this game with pandaren as my favorite race, and while I still really like them, trolls have grown on me and have become my favorite. I've been race-changing a lot of my characters to troll.

Tenebrous

I went into this game with pandaren as my favorite race, and while I still really like them, trolls have grown on me and have become my favorite. I've been race-changing a lot of my characters to troll.

I love Trolls, but I find the female casting animations to be a bit lacking. Male Troll rogues have the GOAT stealth animation though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I am in such an mmo drought right now. I'm feeling the itch and nothing is scratching. I even fired up neverwinter yesterday and didn't hate it.

Blizz plz gief legion

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can't tell if this is supposed to be an insult or a compliment lol.

Well I thought I remembered people shitting all over it when it was fairly new, but I actually had a good time with a new character.

Still, that 2 character restriction for free accounts is some of my most hated F2P fuckery in the genre though. So if I want to make a new character but not delete either of my existing ones I'll probably stop playing.
I guess the bright side is you can grind out the cash currency in-game so if I actually liked the game enough I could do that to get more slots.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm still going to consider them for classes, but they could very well be from PvP, that I will give you. The skulls would point that way.

The PVP mounts are just black and red versions of the vicious war mounts.

I think if they put in a wolf with the same scheme going on then youre on to something. But giving Horde horses seems pretty lame.

ZenaxPure

Interesting tweet, which I was hoping for, all the world quests will be using the new talking head system to give you quest text when you start and finish the quest. Really happy about that because my number 1 complaint with apexis stuff is that there was never any quests or NPCs that actually told us why we were going to those area and doing stuff there.

Azzurri

It's nice to see that they're trying to people out in the world again that they created instead of people having sit in their garrisons or capital cities and queue for everything.

Lomax

I really hope they get this battle.net stuff sorted out before the Overwatch launch, because I sure as hell don't want to be stuck in queue because of a totally unrelated game.

Best Blue Post I've read in years;

The Order Hall campaign immediately has you do missions that take a day to complete. That sounds terrible.

That's good feedback, and definitely the sort of thing we may adjust.

It's like Blizzard is just completely unaware that people hate the idea of meta elements to WoW (things like the Farm, Garrisons, and now Order Halls) and would rather they focus on things like more interesting zones or dungeons rather than shitty minigames.

Zelias

Banned
Don't mind the idea of Class Halls from a flavour/story perspective but... yeah, I don't have much confidence in them turning out to be engaging and fun in the long run.

World Quests, on the other hand, sound like exactly the kind of thing the game needs. And 300 up already is impressive assuming they're going to be expanding on the system (I mean, they have an entire world besides the Broken Isles they could use for this system too). Just don't gate progression shit behind it a la launch MoP dailies and we're good.

Shahadan

It's like Blizzard is just completely unaware that people hate the idea of meta elements to WoW (things like the Farm, Garrisons, and now Order Halls) and would rather they focus on things like more interesting zones or dungeons rather than shitty minigames.

Speak for yourself, I enjoy the farm and the garrison missions. Blizzard's problem is that they don't support them well in the long run. Actually they never design anything that holds in the long run.

Anoregon

To be fair, the stated reason for the 1-day missions makes absolute sense - it's just a story gating mechanic that they are using instead of having a set schedule of "quest X opens after Y weeks" like WoD did for the garrison campaign. There has to be some method of staggering story content over time if they don't want people to just grind it all out in a day.

Between the reassuring Order Hall clarifications and the world quest stuff that just came out, I'm definitely getting pretty optimistic about Legion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speak for yourself, I enjoy the farm and the garrison missions. Blizzard's problem is that they don't support them well in the long run. Actually they never design anything that holds in the long run.

What exactly did you enjoy in the garrison missions, other than the fact it's your ticket to be a WoW millionaire? Get rid of the gold rewards, and no one would be wasting their time with them.
I mean... all you do is selecting npcs(more like icons), upgrade them when you can, select missions with resources or rare rewards, wait a few hours, then repeat.

Shahadan

What exactly did you enjoy in the garrison missions, other than the fact it's your ticket to be a WoW millionaire?

I like managing stuff. Games like these existed before facebook. Also, people confuse something being shitty with something they get sick of after a while.

What devs could have done better, however, is actually supporting garrison missions with patches. There were many easy to implement things they should have done a long time ago.
Stuff like followers never got expanded (and we got what, two or three new ones with patches? lol) and mechanics and clutter should have been looked at as soon as patch 6.1

Apathy

Don't mind the idea of Class Halls from a flavour/story perspective but... yeah, I don't have much confidence in them turning out to be engaging and fun in the long run.

World Quests, on the other hand, sound like exactly the kind of thing the game needs. And 300 up already is impressive assuming they're going to be expanding on the system (I mean, they have an entire world besides the Broken Isles they could use for this system too). Just don't gate progression shit behind it a la launch MoP dailies and we're good.

As long as nothing raid related is connected to them I'll be happy. I hated the cache system and how mandatory keeping up with garrison missions and the other busy work was as a raider. Let it be it's own thing if people like that shit but don't force me to have to do it.

erawsd

I like managing stuff. Games like these existed before facebook. Also, people confuse something being shitty with something they get sick of after a while.

What devs could have done better, however, is actually supporting garrison missions with patches. There were many easy to implement things they should have done a long time ago.
Stuff like followers never got expanded (and we got what, two or three new ones with patches? lol) and mechanics and clutter should have been looked at as soon as patch 6.1

Yeah, I dont love the mission table but I can totally see a place for a downscaled version of it remaining in the game.

As long as nothing raid related is connected to them I'll be happy. I hated the cache system and how mandatory keeping up with garrison missions and the other busy work was as a raider. Let it be it's own thing if people like that shit but don't force me to have to do it.

Well we already know that you'll get extra bonus rolls out of it for specific bosses. However, the Legion design seems to be that you have a chance of getting high end rewards no matter what you're doing. So if you're someone that wants to gear up ASAP you'll want to be participating in everything. Mythic+, Missions, World Quests, Raiding, PvP, ect..

Acidote

I can tolerate the Garrison missions as long as they enable me to get enough gold to buy a token monthly with a minimum effort once I have everything set up. The moment that stops being like that I'll ditch that part of the game forever. And the moment that stops, if the Order Hall progression is also tied somehow to player progression I'll just probably stop playing.

Tacitus_

Eugh, Destro just got patched into the alpha and impressions don't look good. Alpha is still alpha, but I doubt they're going give us back Embers. Immolate ticks giving you shards is just such shite. Corruption ticks giving you shards is already awful but at least it scales with haste which affli stacks. And that Mastery T_T

Eh the cache system doesn't really make much of a difference in the long run if it remains in Legion...so long as it works like the HFC caches where the maximum reward is equivalent to your current difficulty of content. I've gotten like, 1-2 really good things, and the rest sidegrade/duplicate item at best, but mostly garbage. But that's over like 6+ months here.

Magnus

Is there a comprehensive source now of the major changes (to the game, classes, systems, etc) from Warlords to the latest Legion builds? It's been 8 months since the reveal and I haven't been able to keep up on all the additions, changes, updates etc to the initial info dump last summer.

I can find what I think are comprehensive sources but I don't know if they reflect all the changes in the latest beta builds, etc. For all I know, Insanity was scrapped as a SPriest resource by now...

Top Bottom