• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tenebrous

Apparently according to preach Suramar will be nothing like other zones in WoW. Currently it has almost no item rewards and no dailies, instead it is a zone full of story quest and has no trivial quests also it is way bigger than any other zones. According to him it feels like you play a single player game and not an MMO, a series of quests which you have to pay attention to. Watch the whole video if you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-bQIHGQ24

That sounds good for a few days of mindless grinding.

JSoup

Banned
I noticed they didn't mention Dungeon/Raid finder as something they would remove, but it would be nice.

But they did:

Blizz Article said:
So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Rewards could very well just not be in the beta yet. Wouldn't be surprised if it has a lot of artifact-related stuff.

I know it was just put in but don't they usually do NYI rewards? Like sometimes if the quest is eventually gonna have rewards they have placeholders?

And it only cost us a raid tier.
bts_lina.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Now we can look sexier all the hours we'll be spending moving around our class halls in September.

I imagine we will be spending much more time afking in Dalaran than in the order halls. You only really seem to be in the halls for specific quest/artifact stuff, and there is much less mission table juggling than garrisons.

phierce

I imagine we will be spending much more time afking in Dalaran than in the order halls. You only really seem to be in the halls for specific quest/artifact stuff, and there is much less mission table juggling than garrisons.
Dammit. You are right. My mistake.

Sölf

5 bosses killed this week in LFR. 5 tomes got. I need exactly 13, so if this continues and every boss drops one (which I highly doubt), I am done with the questline this week. xD

So Blizzard just gave me Warlords of Draenor and some game time for free. Which is funny because I got MoP for free as well + some golden vanity mount over a year ago.

Any tips or anything I should check out?

ampere

So Blizzard just gave me Warlords of Draenor and some game time for free. Which is funny because I got MoP for free as well + some golden vanity mount over a year ago.

Any tips or anything I should check out?

The level up experience in Draenor is quite fun, although the end game is a bit dull.

I suggest giving it a go and leveling to 100!

The questing experience in WoD is pretty solid. Horde has a strong start in Dreanor with Frostfire but Shadowmoon Valley for the Alliance is even better. Alternate Shadowmoon Valley resonated more than alternate Blade's Edge Mountains, mostly because of the Temple of Karabor. First time seeing that was kind of an "oh shit" moment.

Some of those responses on Twitter are so cringe-worthy. Having dungeons displayed on the map is a good thing. Do those people prefer alt-tabbing and searching on wowhead or watching a youtube video guide versus having that information in-game?

ampere

lol Blizzard just said Brewmaster gameplay on alpha is where they want it

Sad to see such a fun spec ruined

Some of those responses on Twitter are so cringe-worthy. Having dungeons displayed on the map is a good thing. Do those people prefer alt-tabbing and searching on wowhead or watching a youtube video guide versus having that information in-game?

Yeah it's idiotic. That's a great change, like most UI/QoL changes over the years

"2 hour trade window for loot drops?? blizz catering to casuals give us vanilla!!!" lol

cdyhybrid

Yeah it's idiotic. That's a great change, like most UI/QoL changes over the years

"2 hour trade window for loot drops?? blizz catering to casuals give us vanilla!!!" lol

Always funny to read those types of things. These people would die if they tried to play Ultima or EQ.

ZenaxPure

My friend (who is also a brewmaster main) was talking to me about this a while back and I looked into it and... wtf. I don't understand what they are going for with that spec. It looks straight up unfinished, like just some random buttons with no real skill interactions or choice on how you play (in the context of moment to moment action). Frankly I don't even think it looks that different from the dps portion of Mistweaver (especially Blackout Strike what the heck kind of ability is that) which is messed up considering that is a healing spec.

The actual confusing part of it all though is looking back at the last 3 or 4 feedback threads I have literally never seen 1 positive post about the spec, everyone hates it. The complaints are all over the place but they seem to boil down to the fact that the gameplay feels really passive.

ampere

My friend (who is also a brewmaster main) was talking to me about this a while back and I looked into it and... wtf. I don't understand what they are going for with that spec. It looks straight up unfinished, like just some random buttons with no real skill interactions or choice on how you play (in the context of moment to moment action). Frankly I don't even think it looks that different from the dps portion of Mistweaver (especially Blackout Strike what the heck kind of ability is that) which is messed up considering that is a healing spec.

The actual confusing part of it all though is looking back at the last 3 or 4 feedback threads I have literally never seen 1 positive post about the spec, everyone hates it. The complaints are all over the place but they seem to boil down to the fact that the gameplay feels really passive.

Yea it really sucks. I think we've lost 6 or 7 active abilities from our rotation and our only self healing is random orbs that rarely proc. Went from a self-sustained, high APM spec to a completely healer dependent spec with large GCD gaps and no meaningful buttons. It's so frustrating, I feel like the entire Legion tanking philosophy is awful :(

The expac might be great for dps/healers, and I hope it is, but tanking is just awful right now. It feels like almost a full reversal of active mitigation for Brewmaster, and neutering it heavily for some of the other specs

Reading up on the changes to Monk in Legion, trying to see the changes to Brew and instead am learning I am a terrible Mistweaver because I don't stance dance and Fistweave.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If Dalaran is already floating in the movie universe, how will arthas attack it and then be destroyed by Archimonde?

ZenaxPure

I just can't get over Blackout Strike. Like that is bad game design as far as I am concerned. A button on a 3 second cooldown that does damage. It doesn't cost energy, it doesn't give energy, it doesn't give any sort of little buff or anything, and it doesn't interact with other skills. I mean I guess there is an artifact trait that makes it a not great looking active mitigation but still... It just looks like a skill that they left there by accident when designing the spec.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Had a look at my sorcerous AH history for the past 4 days (?).

Bought:
Sorcerous Fire - 2123 items - paid 706g - average 33s 26
Sorcerous Air - 1123 items - paid 466g - average 41s 51
Sorcerous Water - 896 items - paid 365g - average 40s 80

Sold (so far):
Sorcerous Earth - 1870 items - received 6788g - average 3g 83s

You're essentially spending 1:1 + 4 alch mats to craft the Sorcerous Earth but getting a huge profit back.
From my short AH history, I haven't seen anything this easy before. You do get a fair profit from those upgrade items in BS and Insc (for example) but they always feel risky.

Stalk

Reddit posted something about Legion that seems like it could be fun. Reminds me of something they did in Wrath. Not sure if it's considered spoilers, it's not story related but seems to point at the pre-event.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4grogf/spoilers_you_now_occasionally

Update: Now there's a short video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s76gQDsPOU0

That's neat. That is on live now? Sorry if being dumb there.

Seems like it could be good for a mess around.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
That's neat. That is on live now? Sorry if being dumb there.

Seems like it could be good for a mess around.

It's most likely for the pre-expansion event that should launch a few weeks before Legion's end of August release, so no it's not on live yet; the footage is from alpha.

strafer

Hmm, I see Hawkstrider are getting a model update and gain it's a PvP only mount.

I hate this.

They should update the regular mounts too.

Especially the wolf mounts. The updated wolf mounts are awesome.

Had a .5% wipe on Mythic Manno last night and then ended up not killing it. I wanted to rage so hard, its not even that bloody hard of a fight. I love my guild but jesus christ shit like this drives me insane.

Tenebrous

Had a .5% wipe on Mythic Manno last night and then ended up not killing it. I wanted to rage so hard, its not even that bloody hard of a fight. I love my guild but jesus christ shit like this drives me insane.

I feel you. Try being a tank on Xhul... 15% wipe because the people kiting the void adds got too excited and blew everyone up.

All I have to do is taunt and shockwave, so seeing others fail ('cept the other tank) fail while I'm doing something mindnumbingly boring is absolutely horrendous.

I said it just before/after Xmas and got slated for it, but I'll say it again - WoW (PvE) isn't a hard game on an individual level. Mechanically, the downtime you get paired with knowing exactly what's going to happen next makes it one of the easier things you can play.

Tenebrous

nah, none of these sets are good looking.

Blizzard has really dropped the ball on set design.

The Paladin one looks pretty much exactly what I imagine a light-fantasy Paladin looking like.

The Priest one looks fucking terrible.

Hunter would look great with helm off.

Top Bottom