• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
nah, none of these sets are good looking.

Blizzard has really dropped the ball on set design.

They are recolors of the MoP challenge mode sets with less-flashy shoulder design (and I would imagine the removal of the special particle effects.)

For example, here's the MoP paladin set, with the wing shoulders

maxresdefault.jpg

erawsd

Looking at that Priest set reminds me of how happy I am there is a hide shoulders option now. In fact, with helm and shoulders hidden that could look alright.

Lomax

Had a look at my sorcerous AH history for the past 4 days (?).

Bought:
Sorcerous Fire - 2123 items - paid 706g - average 33s 26
Sorcerous Air - 1123 items - paid 466g - average 41s 51
Sorcerous Water - 896 items - paid 365g - average 40s 80

Sold (so far):
Sorcerous Earth - 1870 items - received 6788g - average 3g 83s

You're essentially spending 1:1 + 4 alch mats to craft the Sorcerous Earth but getting a huge profit back.
From my short AH history, I haven't seen anything this easy before. You do get a fair profit from those upgrade items in BS and Insc (for example) but they always feel risky.

Well that explains why people buy alchemical catalyst in bulk. Always wondered what they did with it.

frontovik

Banned
Personally I think that Blizzard's Tier Set designs got progressively weirder looking and uninspired after TBC.

The best would be:

T4 - Hunter
T3 - Warrior
T3 - Priest
T5 - Warlock
T2 - Rogue
T2 - Paladin
T6 - Shaman
T5 - Mage

Tenebrous

Personally I think that Blizzard's Tier Set designs got progressively weirder looking and uninspired after TBC.

The best would be:

T4 - Hunter
T3 - Warrior
T3 - Priest
T5 - Warlock
T2 - Rogue
T2 - Paladin
T6 - Shaman
T5 - Mage

Any of the TBC Warlock sets would get the nod from me. T4 looks awesome, and T6 is as iconic a set as they come.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Warlock sets have been pretty dope in general, even in recent expansions. MoP Challenge mode is my favorite set in the game, but the Siege of Org set is also up there. I love how the latter looks on a Goblin, the big head proportions make the cool hood like half of your body.

JSoup

Banned
If Dalaran is already floating in the movie universe, how will arthas attack it and then be destroyed by Archimonde?

Arthas will use his amazing popping out of thin air and/or closets power we saw all through WoLK. Archimonde is a demon, so something will just be made up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have an easier time finding good sets on the recent expansions than any of the old expansions. For every Onslaught, there's a Destroyer, Might, or Wrath.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Warlock gets a lot of good sets - Personally, I love T8.

Priest Class set looks really, really out of place with that head/shoulder combo, especially for a cloth class.

Anoregon

Yeah, the lazy is back. It's just budget version of the Challenge Mode Set from Pandaria.

To be fair, armor models from previous expansions being used as quest reward armor has been a thing since Burning Crusade.
And that's what these are - quest sets. Not raid or dungeon stuff.

Trokil

Banned
To be fair, armor models from previous expansions being used as quest reward armor has been a thing since Burning Crusade.
And that's what these are - quest sets. Not raid or dungeon stuff.

Yes, of course they were lazy before and parts of old T-sets were often used, but this a complete new set with set bonuses, so it is pretty sad.

They often say, they have the biggest team ever, but the already use a existing city and some exiting order halls. And it's not like the world is way bigger than for example in Wrath or BC.

You have to wonder, what are they doing?

cdyhybrid

Yes, of course they were lazy before and parts of old T-sets were often used, but this a complete new set with set bonuses, so it is pretty sad.

They often say, they have the biggest team ever, but the already use a existing city and some exiting order halls. And it's not like the world is way bigger than for example in Wrath or BC.

I mean, the tier sets, the zones, the models in Legion are all the best we've seen so far. Were you expecting VR or something?

Trokil

Banned
I mean, the tier sets, the zones, the models in Legion are all the best we've seen so far. Were you expecting VR or something?

Just an add on with new content, all new content. We will stay in Dalaran for the next 2 years, again. Reminds me just too much of Cataclysm and the return to Stormwind or Fort Copypaste in WoD with same buildings as in my garrison.

And it's not like it is not possible, in Pandaria we had all of this and the zones were fantastic as well.

cdyhybrid

Just an add on with new content, all new content. We will stay in Dalaran for the next 2 years, again. Reminds me just too much of Cataclysm and the return to Stormwind or Fort Copypaste in WoD with same buildings as in my garrison.

And it's not like it is not possible, in Pandaria we had all of this and the zones were fantastic as well.
They put in World Quests specifically so you aren't sitting in Dalaran all day.

Dalaran being there makes sense in-universe.

There's so much lore that was already established that we haven't seen yet, why are you so anxious to forget it exists?

erawsd

Wrath recycled an entire raid and its tier sets with bonuses twice, since there were 10 and 25m versions of the set.

Lomax

After Blizz replaced Cookie's Tenderizer with this boring spiked club thing

hZGkgYZ.png

I knew their design team no longer had the same outlook as I did, and I quit caring. Occasionally I still see models and such that I find entertaining, but at least with transmogging we can live forever in the past if we so choose. I'm hoping that the Legion system will unlock some of the previously unusable models (let me have my fish dammit) but I kinda doubt it.

Unique set designs that are mostly painted on diffuse textures on the characters body. I imagine if they could create unique geometry for the various kinds of armor, things would start getting interesting but they're working with some fairly limited constraints.

I don't mind them re purposing the challenge mode stuff. They were pretty nice interpretations of a vanilla style class set compared to the "stuff from what you're raiding now" style tier sets were using at the time.

Paladin colors are just so loud though, I know it's supposed to match the ashbringer but Tirion was in white and blue, not gold red and LED bulbs spitting honey. The whole concept that your weapon has to match your armor in transmog makes my head spin. These are like powerful relics we're finding in random corners of the globe. It's shouldn't have to match your blouse.

edit: New stuff is nice though, and they're trying to add in some 3D bits, it's most obvious on DK stuff.

Warrior: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/warriorTier19.jpg (Chest, boots, gloves)

Death Knight: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/tier19DeathKnight.jpg (Boots Gloves)

Demon Hunter: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/tier19DemonHunter.jpg (It's everywhere, but this might be an older version, there's like 3 other sets floating around.)

I know the expansion is only $10-20 but still, this is awesome! I was just thinking about trying WoW again earlier this week.

What would be nice is if they gave everyone a free week if they haven't played for several months to a year or more. Last time that I know of that they gave a free week was at expac launch, I can't remember anything since then.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I don't mind them re purposing the challenge mode stuff. They were pretty nice interpretations of a vanilla style class set compared to the "stuff from what you're raiding now" style tier sets were using at the time.

Paladin colors are just so loud though, I know it's supposed to match the ashbringer but Tirion was in white and blue, not gold red and LED bulbs spitting honey. The whole concept that your weapon has to match your armor in transmog makes my head spin. These are like powerful relics we're finding in random corners of the globe. It's shouldn't have to match your blouse.

edit: New stuff is nice though, and they're trying to add in some 3D bits, it's most obvious on DK stuff.

Warrior: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/warriorTier19.jpg (Chest, boots, gloves)

Death Knight: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/tier19DeathKnight.jpg (Boots Gloves)

Demon Hunter: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/april/tier19DemonHunter.jpg (It's everywhere, but this might be an older version, there's like 3 other sets floating around.)

Dang, DK and Warr look waaaay better than pally, lol. DK especially, though probably not as good with BE ears or the funky tauren neck look (IMO).

What's weird is that the other previewed set (the pvp one, I think?) for pallies has the same/similar look, yet much more muted/not as 'garish' looking.

edit: Unless the light disks move in and out of the shoulder slots? Guess I'll have to take a look for an in-motion vid.

Top Bottom