• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

So Celestalon just had to explain to all 13/13 Mythic Brewmasters how we're supposed to play the class on alpha. It's kind of hilarious that they designed the healing orb proc formula such that using your defensive tools at high health decreases spawn % and you wouldn't know this unless you are explicitly told the formula (though they agreed to change it a bit)

And funny that the class is "very overpowered" as he said, but none of the top Brewmaster players in the world can figure it out! Gonna be great for the average player

Entropia

No One Remembers
So Celestalon just had to explain to all 13/13 Mythic Brewmasters how we're supposed to play the class on alpha. It's kind of hilarious that they designed the healing orb proc formula such that using your defensive tools at high health decreases spawn % and you wouldn't know this unless you are explicitly told the formula (though they agreed to change it a bit)

And funny that the class is "very overpowered" as he said, but none of the top Brewmaster players in the world can figure it out! Gonna be great for the average player

Yeah, been seeing people on twitter complaining about it. Though I did see a couple say that BrM's are 'overpowered' but the class just isn't fun anymore.

Babalu.

Thats not even the best part!

u1AzXIj.jpghttp:

I just saw this. OMG i'm so sorry brewmasters. I'm so sorry. Coming from a ret/prot paladin who is in a similar situation. All they had to do was leave the WOD spec intact and add/remove a couple things for flavor or "class fantasy" but no, they had to redo everything and fuck it all up.

I play a ret/prot paladin as my main and a WW/BM monk as my main alt. I'm so sad with what they've done to the classes in legion. Its not even that they might be overpowered or underpowered, its that the gameplay is just not that fun anymore.

cdyhybrid

u1AzXIj.jpghttp:

I just saw this. OMG i'm so sorry brewmasters. I'm so sorry. Coming from a ret/prot paladin who is in a similar situation. All they had to do was leave the WOD spec intact and add/remove a couple things for flavor or "class fantasy" but no, they had to redo everything and fuck it all up.

I play a ret/prot paladin as my main and a WW/BM monk as my main alt. I'm so sad with what they've done to the classes in legion. Its not even that they might be overpowered or underpowered, its that the gameplay is just not that fun anymore.
Just kite the raid boss around the room, what could possibly go wrong?

Lomax

u1AzXIj.jpghttp:

Wait, what? Are they suddenly trying to turn this game into Dark Souls Guild Wars 2? That's insane.

ZenaxPure

It's kinda insane, like he wrote out an entire icy-veins looking guide (though not even that detailed) for everyone. Spec looks like a disaster, it not even being fun to play is just the shit icing on the shit cake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WOD, Blizzard tried to fuck with the healers to make 'challenge' and shortly changed it due to pissing off healers. It'll be tanks in Legion.

The only thing stopping me from maining a mage is Arcane. God, I hate this spec more than any other spec in the game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I find like 99% of the "celestalon is an asshole" opinions to be pretty wild stretches, but that brewmaster thing is... yikes.

Peachpies

Just kite the raid boss around the room, what could possibly go wrong?
I imagine it to look something like this

The reality with Brewmaster is that most of the time they will be healed up whether they pick up their orbs or not so most of the time they are just going to be taking more healing than other tanks.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

u1AzXIj.jpghttp:

Brewmaster was fine the way it was, why are they fucking with it?

I swear to god, they do this every time they find a good balance for a spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what the safer bet for Legion will be, DK or Shaman.

Shaman are getting that rework and that utility cooldown back. Well, I know Enhancement is.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Brewmaster was fine the way it was, why are they fucking with it?

I swear to god, they do this every time they find a good balance for a spec.

I know it's a little tin-foil hat theory but...

new leather tank that a lot of noobs are going to go for this expac in Demon Hunter. Kinda need to make room for them for a little bit right?

What better way to do that then get rid of the one not a lot of people play already?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

new leather tank that a lot of noobs are going to go for this expac in Demon Hunter. Kinda need to make room for them for a little bit right?

What better way to do that then get rid of the one not a lot of people play already?

New Awesome Bear Models kind of fly in the face of that though.

Monks are just an afterthought now. Sorry to all the monk mains, but you had to see this coming.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
New Awesome Bear Models kind of fly in the face of that though.

Monks are just an afterthought now. Sorry to all the monk mains, but you had to see this coming.

yeah but doing it to both would be a little obvious.

and a lot more people play druid than monk.

ampere

Ah I recognize your post from mmochamp. I'm ampere on there.

Yea the class overhauls went much too far. I'm not happy about most of them for specs I liked.

Ehhh I don't think they'd intentionally sabotage a spec like that. It's already the lowest played tank overall (decent representation in Mythic raiding though).

I think they were trying to re-imagine a lot of specs for "class fantasy" and forgot that fun is the most important part. Then they didn't add Brewmaster on the alpha until 4 months after testing had begun, for some reason thought the spec hadn't changed much and... well here we are. I think all the internal testing they were doing got a little circle-jerky and they forgot to get outside opinions.

I am totally confident that Brewmaster will be tuned to be functional for live, but I am also totally confident it won't be fun without significant changes so I'll pass on Legion for now.

ZenaxPure

I think they were trying to re-imagine a lot of specs for "class fantasy" and forgot that fun is the most important part. Then they didn't add Brewmaster on the alpha until 4 months after testing had begun, for some reason thought the spec hadn't changed much and... well here we are. I think all the internal testing they were doing got a little circle-jerky and they forgot to get outside opinions.

Pretty much. They are putting a lot of emphasis on fantasy instead of gameplay first. Brewmaster isn't the only example of that (just look at that shitty ass Destro mastery for example) but it's the one that is worst off right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will probably play my Shaman in Legion as Enhancement again. Though I'm going to have to break it to the current people that I raid with that I won't be raiding with them in Legion.

I like some of the people in that guild but not all of them. So I don't think I could just ghost on them.

I jump around between classes so much that I don't know what I'll focus on in Legion. I might do the artifact quests for each one and see how the classes feel as well as how much I like the artifact and go from there.

erawsd

I was worried initially, but I'm fine with how Enhancement has turned out. It appears to be way overtuned currently so hopefully the incoming nerf isnt too harsh.

The removal of Chi from Monks and what they've done to a lot of abilities that used to have a Chi cost as well as apply buffs and debuffs doesn't sound good. Tiger Palm is now merged with Jab, no longer used for resource generation, has no CD, no longer applies 30% ignore armor and now you just spam it while your other abilities are on CD. Blackout kick no longer has a Chi cost, doesn't cleave, doesn't do healing and no longer raises your Crit Chance, it just does flat damage on a 3 second CD. Rising Sun kick no longer costs Chi, does flat damage on an 8 second CD and no longer applies that 20% increased damage from your abilities debuff. Spinning Crane kick no longer heals and just does flat damage. Now there's a slot-machine passive, Teachings of the Monastery, that Mistweavers get--Tiger Palm increases the damage of your next Black Out or Rising Sun kick by 20% while your Blackout Kick has a 30% chance to reset your next Rising Sun Kick--but it doesn't sound like it makes up for what is lost with the old resource builder/spender system. Throw in losing Spear Hand Strike and it actually sounds like it will make solo'ing PVE content as a Mistweaver harder. Maybe the Mistweaving changes will be fun and make up for the changes to how the Monks dps functions but from the outside looking in, it doesn't look or sound fun. It seems like an overly drastic streamlining.

Also it sounds like Resto Shamans get Monk balls from the resto artifact.

Lomax

When do we suspect the token price (US) to take a nose dive? July? Pre-patch event?

A nose dive? Never? Maybe during the summer we'll see an influx of new players that could drive supply up and prices down some (or at least stabilize them), but Legion or the pre-patch dropping is more likely in my opinion to bring back people who want to play for free, not ones looking to buy gold. It's not like there's going to be anything in the event people will need gold for.

Maybe once Legion settles in and the bmah with a higher gold cap sucks a bunch of gold out of the economy and gold isn't flowing as fast as it was from garrisons (which we still don't really know, Pandaria raid farming will be a thing and even if they nerf the gold drops in the Cata raids the items are still worth around 125g per boss), we might see some deflation. But I can't really see the long term price doing anything but going up. Gold is just too easy to make and it always will be.

A nose dive? Never? Maybe during the summer we'll see an influx of new players that could drive supply up and prices down some (or at least stabilize them), but Legion or the pre-patch dropping is more likely in my opinion to bring back people who want to play for free, not ones looking to buy gold. It's not like there's going to be anything in the event people will need gold for.

Maybe once Legion settles in and the bmah with a higher gold cap sucks a bunch of gold out of the economy and gold isn't flowing as fast as it was from garrisons (which we still don't really know, Pandaria raid farming will be a thing and even if they nerf the gold drops in the Cata raids the items are still worth around 125g per boss), we might see some deflation. But I can't really see the long term price doing anything but going up. Gold is just too easy to make and it always will be.

I think the gold gain is pretty intentional. If gold is easy to make or can be legitimately purchased with tokens, then there's no business for gold farmers. Which, because I haven't installed BadBoy, I would still regularly see on Dalaran trade. Weirdly enough it's absent on Proudmoore trade, so far.

Top Bottom