• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

cdyhybrid

WE IN THERE BOYS
goodjob.gif

Grats!

^Congrats!

Holy crap, low-level Disc Priest is fun. 1 damage mitigation ability, 1 heal, 2 heal/nukes, 1 insta-DoT, and 2 nukes. With most random groups I've run with so far are rolling with full heirlooms so I can get away with just throwing Shield on the tank, spamming Shadowed Word, unloading nukes and DoTs on the mobs and then maybe having to worry about refreshing the shield or actually healing once or twice if the mob isn't dead yet. Didn't think Priest would be this much fun, it was the last healing class I tried.

Enjoyed it so much, ended up getting an invite from a casual leveling/raiding guild while leveling and accepted it. Gonna stick with Priest for a while and see where it goes, it's got two specs I'm interested in for Legion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fuck is Blizz smoking now. They redesigned the Destro artefact trait to proc every 10 minutes on a cast of Rain of Fire. Proc.

My RL was looking at Warlock for Legion as possibly his alt for raiding with our guild when he's not doing his mythic stuff. And he always gushes over Destro because he finds it so consistent compared to stuff like Unholy(which is what his main is) and even Affliction. And he thinks it's far more versatile.

I asked him if he looked at the Legion changes yet for Destro. I ruined his day.

Tacitus_

My RL was looking at Warlock for Legion as possibly his alt for raiding with our guild when he's not doing his mythic stuff. And he always gushes over Destro because he finds it so consistent compared to stuff like Unholy(which is what his main is) and even Affliction. And he thinks it's far more versatile.

I asked him if he looked at the Legion changes yet for Destro. I ruined his day.

I feel him. Destro was pretty much perfect as it was - other than sucking while moving. Now they're turning it inside out for who knows what reason.
I think the part that annoys me the most is how they keep saying that "every spec should feel distinct" and then they go "destro should not have embers anymore, let's have all warlocks use soul shards".

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
My Alliance are on Whisperwind.

Any Alliance raiding server recommendations? Want to move my Dwarf.

Desperately want to find a guild to raid with :/

Sargeras you can't really go wrong, there's almost 40 guilds that are 13/13m.

Stormrage only has about 20 and it's second place I think.

If you wanna raid, Sargeras is the place to do it.

shanafan

Got back into WoW last night.

I have my horde characters on Ursin-PVP, but I am leveling an alliance char on Stormrage-PVE.

Wanted to try a PVE server, and go back to the Alliance side to visit the cities like Stormwind and Ironforge.

But damn, logging into my high level chars, I had no idea what to do. Bags of mats, and talent specialization system that I don't remember. Starting fresh does seem better.. but we'll see.

I have a 85 Warlock, 81 Warrior, and 68 Paladin. I am tempted to use my instant boost to 90 with the Paladin, but just afraid that I will be in the same place with my 85. Not remembering how to play the class. Any tips?

I have my horde characters on Ursin-PVP, but I am leveling an alliance char on Stormrage-PVE.

Wanted to try a PVE server, and go back to the Alliance side to visit the cities like Stormwind and Ironforge.

But damn, logging into my high level chars, I had no idea what to do. Bags of mats, and talent specialization system that I don't remember. Starting fresh does seem better.. but we'll see.

I have a 85 Warlock, 81 Warrior, and 68 Paladin. I am tempted to use my instant boost to 90 with the Paladin, but just afraid that I will be in the same place with my 85. Not remembering how to play the class. Any tips?

If you use the 90 boost on a fresh character the intro WoD quests will slowly add new abilities after completing quests to make it less overwhelming. I just did this the other night and it helped me get back into frost mage pretty easily.

shanafan

If you use the 90 boost on a fresh character the intro WoD quests will slowly add new abilities after completing quests to make it less overwhelming. I just did this the other night and it helped me get back into frost mage pretty easily.

Thanks. So sounds like better to use it on a fresh toon than an already leveled one.

JSoup

Banned
So, when does mail expire? Was thinking about logging in on a sub-20 toon on Monday to get the one event toy I missed last Children's Week, but I should have my Overwatch pet waiting for me and don't want to activate the expiration countdown.

What's your battletag? I'll help you at cap.

shanafan

I decided to use it on my 68 Paladin. I like how they did it! Start off fresh with just a few spells.

What's your battletag? I'll help you at cap.

Thanks for the help! I am going to see how well this lvl 90 boost goes so far

The more I interact with random elements of the WoW community in-game, even from my own realm, the less I understand this burning desire to have your population locked to one server. Maybe time has sort of changed how random people interact with one another in WoW but back when I played CS1.6/DoD1.3/MOHAA/whatever, you encountered just as much random crazy/racists/attention seekers/whatever in pubs as you do now in trade, the dungeons, the world, wherever.

cdyhybrid

The more I interact with random elements of the WoW community in-game, even from my own realm, the less I understand this burning desire to have your population locked to one server. Maybe time has sort of changed how random people interact with one another in WoW but back when I played CS1.6/DoD1.3/MOHAA/whatever, you encountered just as much random crazy/racists/attention seekers/whatever in pubs as you do now in trade, the dungeons, the world, wherever.

:lol yep.

It's why I'll never get people beating the drum so hard to try and form server communities again.

ampere

Server communities are cool in concept. I get why people want to relive the nostalgia, there's a lot of good memories from old server communities, but games evolve... it's not acceptable game design anymore to have everyone locked away on separate realms

In other news, Blizzard actually listened to some of the Brewmaster tears and gave us a form of Expel Harm back, it consumes the Gift of the Ox orbs now. And they're redoing the formula for Gift of the Ox so it's less random and doesn't encourage sitting at low hp as much (still a 35% hp procs an orb artifact trait though).

Makes me a bit hopeful... but idk. Still not very fond of how the spec is now. Really cool that they were willing to compromise with us and add back a player favorite ability.

WE IN THERE BOYS
goodjob.gif

Grats

Lomax

Barrens chat is a lie, has always been a lie. All chats are Barrens chat, all chats have always been Barrens chat.

Exactly. Barrens chat was just a high pop easily accessible area before trade chat was linked on all cities. The worst though was the brief time that all the channels were world wide, that was brutal. But trade chat hasn't changed in ten years.

shanafan

Back in the day, I had a really neat mod called TinyTip. The mod moved the information box for NPCs and characters from the bottom right corner next to whomever my mouse is hovering over.

I can't get the mod to work now. Does anyone know of a replacement, or does the game allow that box to move now?

Azzurri

Is farming old raids like icc ulduar and cata for mounts more difficult on ranged class?I did them with my destro lock and a couple bosses like yogg and even arthas gave me a little trouble. I did beat them, but it seemed harder than it should have. It seems because of casting time you have a harder time pulling of spells item level is 662.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm playing the game for the first time in a looooooong time.

Barely touched WoD when it came out.

Looking at my paladin right now... So I guess the gear stats change when you change spec? My chest when from STR to INT when I switched from Ret to Holy?

Sooooo... I don't have to worry about what loot/quest rewards I get while leveling if I want to be able to heal in dungeons while leveling but still being able to dps properly while questing? This is cool.

Now I can't decide which character to play.. My pally is my highest level but I have a 71 Shaman and I never played a Monk...

How are Monks for healing?

cdyhybrid

Is farming old raids like icc ulduar and cata for mounts more difficult on ranged class?I did them with my destro lock and a couple bosses like yogg and even arthas gave me a little trouble. I did beat them, but it seemed harder than it should have. It seems because of casting time you have a harder time pulling of spells item level is 662.

Some of them can be, especially at lower iLvls. You can get 700 iLvl gear from honor after a day in Ashran if you want to gear characters up, or you can change your spec (some talents are useless otherwise but help with soloing old content).

So I'm playing the game for the first time in a looooooong time.

Barely touched WoD when it came out.

Looking at my paladin right now... So I guess the gear stats change when you change spec? My chest when from STR to INT when I switched from Ret to Holy?

Sooooo... I don't have to worry about what loot/quest rewards I get while leveling if I want to be able to heal in dungeons while leveling but still being able to dps properly while questing? This is cool.

Now I can't decide which character to play.. My pally is my highest level but I have a 71 Shaman and I never played a Monk...

How are Monks for healing?

Most gear will change main stats, but not all of it.

It's harder to track since I'm in a unique guild with multiple mythic raid teams, but it looks like our Archi kill puts us US top 500 (lol) ~1500 World. But that's US top 100 1-2 day a week team, and then probably higher if you manually filter for weekend guilds (not gonna take the time to do that now.) So not great, but not bad.

For comparison, Ciassou's guild is 11th US for 1-2 days according to wowprogress.

At least we'll have ample time to farm a fair few mounts, so long as people aren't bad and we can rekill each week from here on out.

I love Darkmoon Faire. Spent an hour or two fishing and made more gold off of the Bloated Threshers than I have leveling this priest through PVE, professions and dungeons combined so far. Unlocked all of my bank slots, reagent tab and void storage and will have enough gold for artisan riding and flying licenses and got the quest that's basically a free heirloom/upgrade's worth of tickets. Plus I got a free hat!

JSoup

Banned
So, when does mail expire? Was thinking about logging in on a sub-20 toon on Monday to get the one event toy I missed last Children's Week, but I should have my Overwatch pet waiting for me and don't want to activate the expiration countdown.

Good question, yeah.
More to the point, will logging in on a free account toon start the countdown?

Lomax

They really should sell a bundled character transfer/faction change for like, $50. Instead of the two separately adding up to $55.

They should really figure out some way to sell services for gold.

They just need to make the tokens able to be used on all the stuff they sell in the store as well. Granted, it would cause token prices to skyrocket, but still, the only way I'm buying Legion any time soon is if I can buy it with gold. And there's tons of pets and mounts I'd love to have.

Top Bottom