• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

phierce

They just need to make the tokens able to be used on all the stuff they sell in the store as well. Granted, it would cause token prices to skyrocket, but still, the only way I'm buying Legion any time soon is if I can buy it with gold. And there's tons of pets and mounts I'd love to have.
It really wouldn't have to change token prices at all. The token is really just $15 for X gold. Just adjust the cost of services based upon that. Let tokens control their own cost and then adjust the other services along those lines.

If a token is 60,000 gold, server transfer would be 100,000 (20,000 gold = $5 in this example).

Tokens should only be based on subscriptions. Everything else adjust to that.

Lomax

It really wouldn't have to change token prices at all. The token is really just $15 for X gold. Just adjust the cost of services based upon that. Let tokens control their own cost and then adjust the other services along those lines.

If a token is 60,000 gold, server transfer would be 100,000 (20,000 gold = $5 in this example).

Tokens should only be based on subscriptions. Everything else adjust to that.

I mean the gold price of tokens would skyrocket if you could use them for more than just subscriptions. I think a simple system where the token becomes currency for the in game shop would be fine. One token equals two pets or whatever. And don't forget while the token replaces a $15 (or less) subscription, it actually costs $20. So blizzard stands to get even more of a margin on things if they did it. But then it took them so long to even do tokens that I can't see them adding something like this any time soon.

phierce

I mean the gold price of tokens would skyrocket if you could use them for more than just subscriptions. I think a simple system where the token becomes currency for the in game shop would be fine. One token equals two pets or whatever. And don't forget while the token replaces a $15 (or less) subscription, it actually costs $20. So blizzard stands to get even more of a margin on things if they did it. But then it took them so long to even do tokens that I can't see them adding something like this any time soon.
You missed my point, though.

Let the token price only be influenced by subs/people buying them for subs (the exact same way it is now). Then just apply it to the services prices.

The $20 to buy a token never changes. That's irrelevant.

The token represents a month sub. So basically it represents $15. Like my example above, if tokens are 450,000, that would mean $5 = 150,000 gold. Then base services off of that. Transfers would then be 750,000. A $15 pet would be 450,000, name change would be 300,000, etc. It could work.

You're right. It will probably never happen.

Tenebrous

You sort of can, it's essentially what the level boost does.

Lose all your factions, transmog gear, & stats in the process, though.

Serious question - How much am I missing out on by not playing on a populated realm with my main? The guild I'm in I've been in and out of since 2007, and it's the perfect place for me right now, but the server is so shit that we've not been able to recruit someone in months.

I did make an alt on a more populated realm, but I've not spent enough time on it to be able to determine the value of the server compared to my own. Would love to hear from someone who moved their main to a bigger server.

Lomax

You missed my point, though.

Let the token price only be influenced by subs/people buying them for subs (the exact same way it is now). Then just apply it to the services prices.

The $20 to buy a token never changes. That's irrelevant.

The token represents a month sub. So basically it represents $15. Like my example above, if tokens are 450,000, that would mean $5 = 150,000 gold. Then base services off of that. Transfers would then be 750,000. A $15 pet would be 450,000, name change would be 300,000, etc. It could work.

You're right. It will probably never happen.

That's a neat idea, but the problem with that is Blizzard gets no money from those purchases. The token only exists because there's a direct exchange of gold for money. Having the token set value for gold makes sense, but then people would be cutting out the middle man and as far as Blizzard is concerned, they'd be giving away all that stuff for free.

Tenebrous

Just let people sell tokens they buy IRL as normal.

Let the people who buy them ingame redeem them for the current value of the subscription service. The token is £15, 1 months sub is £10, so buying the token for 85k would add £10 to my Battle.net account.

That way, Blizzard still get the same markup on everything, but I can buy more than subscriptions with my WoW gold. Also means there would be more demand for tokens, higher prices, and more sold... Right?

Lomax

Just let people sell tokens they buy IRL as normal.

Let the people who buy them ingame redeem them for the current value of the subscription service. The token is £15, 1 months sub is £10, so buying the token for 85k would add £10 to my Battle.net account.

That way, Blizzard still get the same markup on everything, but I can buy more than subscriptions with my WoW gold. Also means there would be more demand for tokens, higher prices, and more sold... Right?

Yup, that would be ideal. Honestly, you put it that way and I'm surprised it wasn't done like that from the very beginning, makes way too much sense.

Tenebrous

I guess they wanted to bolster subscription numbers a bit first. Maybe one day they'll extend it to other services.

I mean, if someone buys four WoW tokens (£60) and I buy them ingame for 85k x 4, I'd have just enough to buy Legion. The seller would get more gold, I'd get the game for free, and Blizzard would sell their newest expansion for £60.

Who loses?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Lose all your factions, transmog gear, & stats in the process, though.

Serious question - How much am I missing out on by not playing on a populated realm with my main? The guild I'm in I've been in and out of since 2007, and it's the perfect place for me right now, but the server is so shit that we've not been able to recruit someone in months.

I did make an alt on a more populated realm, but I've not spent enough time on it to be able to determine the value of the server compared to my own. Would love to hear from someone who moved their main to a bigger server.

Populated realms can sometimes be a bit of a burden depending how large the server is. Queue times, waiting for shit to spawn, cutthroat AH, etc etc.

And a large realm doesn't necessarily mean a good pugging scene either. Everyone could be secluded to their guilds and you won't be able to do too much.

Robin64

kay

Warcraft Movie Rewards
Mamytwink noticed that Kinepolis has rewards for seeing the Warcraft movie listed on their site.

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean every country and cinema will have these rewards and that no official announcement has been made.

World of Warcraft and all of the expansions until Warlords of Draenor and a free month of gameplay
The four film inspired transmog items
The code for these rewards will be emailed by May 27

RPGCrazied

Really hope its not faction based, and I hope anyone that buys a ticket the first week the movie is out gets the code. If its just from their store, or limited quantities somewhere, I won't be happy. Look how fast their blizzcon tickets sells out.

Images of them:

WCMRewardTransmog01.jpg
WCMRewardTransmog02.jpg

I hope it's just a log-in during this time and get them kind of giveaway. I'll be seeing the movie anyway if they're going to just hand out codes with your ticket at the theater.

ampere

If the movie ticket gives you a free month and xmog items, it's a good deal if you play the game. If it's like a more expensive version of the ticket, then idk.

Makes sense to try to push as many players as possible into the theaters to get that opening night boost.

If the movie ticket gives you a free month and xmog items, it's a good deal if you play the game. If it's like a more expensive version of the ticket, then idk.

Makes sense to try to push as many players as possible into the theaters to get that opening night boost.
That free month is probably only for new players as it's tied with a copy of the game and all expansions.

JSoup

Banned
If it's only for opening week, screw that.
Two weeks after the fact, if they have any codes left, I'll get one.

Tenebrous

Looks like our mythic core squad is losing a few players it can't afford to lose. If anyone playing DPS (or otherwise) is interested in a 10/13M (Horde/EU) guild, let me know if you fancy coming for some x-realm raiding trial/experimentation goodness.

This sucks.

Azzurri

I never understood Blizzards hard on for completely redesigning the classes every x-pac. I understand some need balancing and fixes, but it seems blizz always goes to the extrmeme and completely just redesigns how they play every x-pac.

ampere

That free month is probably only for new players as it's tied with a copy of the game and all expansions.

Hmm, maybe. I'm not really that hyped on those weapon models so I doubt I'd fork out any extra for that.

I never understood Blizzards hard on for completely redesigning the classes every x-pac. I understand some need balancing and fixes, but it seems blizz always goes to the extrmeme and completely just redesigns how they play every x-pac.

It can be quite frustrating, especially when you are happy with how a class already is.

I guess they are trying to keep the game fresh and some of their system changes (pvp talents) necessitate some big changes, but I really dislike the fundamental changes to the tanking specs. It's been discussed at length with the devs and they have no interest in undoing the changes however, so it is what it is I guess.

Woorloog

Banned
So, i got 7 days of free gametime. Used it, so that i could play a bit with my brother.

However, i get this annoying loot lag... heck, lag with anything. Every action takes time to execute. But it ain't latency, which is mere 24ms. Doesn't matter whether the game is optimized for high speed network or not.
It seems my brother does not have this issue exactly, which seemed a bit odd considering we were using the same internet connection (very very fast broadband).
Any ideas how i might fix that? Does anyone else have that issue?

cdyhybrid

So, i got 7 days of free gametime. Used it, so that i could play a bit with my brother.

However, i get this annoying loot lag... heck, lag with anything. Every action takes time to execute. But it ain't latency, which is mere 24ms. Doesn't matter whether the game is optimized for high speed network or not.
It seems my brother does not have this issue exactly, which seemed a bit odd considering we were using the same internet connection (very very fast broadband).
Any ideas how i might fix that? Does anyone else have that issue?
Are you using a bunch of UI mods?

Nope. Fresh install too.
Ultra graphic settings, though i doubt they're affecting this in anyway.

Perhaps i should try resetting UI just in case...

Hmm. Maybe world latency vs. home latency? Dunno if it shows both in the default UI, but sometimes one is much higher than the other for whatever reason.

Otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you.

Woorloog

Banned
Maybe some files were corrupted if it was fresh. Or it was still background downloading assets which can slow things down a lot.

Didn't have anything downloading on background, i have never played WoW in such state.
I did copy the installation to a portable HDD for my brother but again, he didn't seem to have problems, and i do not see how copying the game folder could have caused problems.
Oh, well, it works now.

Gotta figure out some other class to play than the Hunter. Not my thing at all.

RPGCrazied

So, tried doing Dragon Soul for the first time. Yeah, didn't want to try that when it came out.

Can I just say the Spine is fucking annoying? I'm always getting knocked off. And do the adds do not stop spawning?

phierce

So, tried doing Dragon Soul for the first time. Yeah, didn't want to try that when it came out.

Can I just say the Spine is fucking annoying? I'm always getting knocked off. And do the adds do not stop spawning?
If you've never done it, watch a "spine solo" vid. It's actually very easy.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

The best 'plan' is to kill all of the tendons, make him 'spin' once, then keep 'dancing' back and forth left to right to prevent him from ever spinning again.

Take the time to burst one more tendon quick, then just strafe, pop bloods, then pop the exposed tendon under the armor plate. Not too terrible for any melee class.

Ranged (or at least my mage) would likely have a bit more trouble, though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Horde sucks anyway, they can't keep a leader for more than one expansion, and if they do, he/she is probably gonna turn evil at some point.

Come at me bro.

Top Bottom