• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Robin64

I have been pro-Horde since the beginning, but being stuck in the worst Garrison by far in the shitty snow land for several years has really soured me on them. Legion better make me love the Horde again!

strafer

Honestly, I don't do the race card anymore.

I play every character. They're all great.

In the beginning sure I was a Horde fanboy, but I was young and dumb.

Tenebrous

Honestly, I don't do the race card anymore.

I play every character. They're all great.

In the beginning sure I was a Horde fanboy, but I was young and dumb.

I guess I'm old and dumb. It's just playfulness, really... Do I feel a strong connection to my faction? Nah, but then again, I don't really care about the story anymore. Doesn't mean it's not fun to chat about our side being the best, though!

Jag

The best 'plan' is to kill all of the tendons, make him 'spin' once, then keep 'dancing' back and forth left to right to prevent him from ever spinning again.

Take the time to burst one more tendon quick, then just strafe, pop bloods, then pop the exposed tendon under the armor plate. Not too terrible for any melee class.

Ranged (or at least my mage) would likely have a bit more trouble, though.

I found an easier way to minimize strafing and extremely easy for ranged. Kill three tentacles and leave one standing, usually a front one. Then go to the dead front tentacle hole and it will lock you in place and you can't get knocked off. Sit there for about 10-20 seconds while 9 bloods pile up.

After the last role (make sure to wait until he roles to move), start strafing, kill all the bloods, then kill the last tentacle (which will spawn the mob) and keep strafing left/right while the mob gets 9 stacks and kill it near the plate. After it explodes, go back to a tendon hole and lock in to kill the big tendon. Repeat.

I found this easier since it requires you strafe much less.

Azzurri

Time to run some old raids for dem mounts tonight.

Also, are warriors and DK the best to solo old raids. Would like another class to farm mounts with my warlock.

Proving Grounds no longer required for Legion :(

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/727574452418936832

WarcraftDevs said:
No. The emergence of Mythic dungeons, requiring premade groups, removes the need.

As a new player the Proving Grounds annoyed me when I first ran into them, because the mechanics were pretty disconnected from what you encounter in the dungeons. Silver DPS Proving Ground really only had one relevant mechanic, interrupt, but then the more I queued Heroic dungeons the more people I got matched with that couldn't do that one thing properly. It's like the ilvl was so high people tried to just tank and spank their way through content and ignore mechanics. The problem is, on some encounters, you can't do that. So you had people that could pass Silver Proving Grounds to queue Heroic but then they couldn't, or wouldn't, play the content properly and ignored mechanics. That made me shy away from doing the Proving Grounds Silver as a healer, and trying LFR in WoD. This is why I want to be in a guild for Legion

Lomax

Proving Grounds was a decent idea, but it really needed to be class specific. It's a shame they didn't integrate that in with the artifact quest lines, but I understand why they'd remove the requirement. Personally I find it funny that heroic dungeons have the requirement but LFR doesn't. I could go queue to heal a lfr HFC on my shaman right now with zero experience at all.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Proving grounds silver also, (at least as a scrubby fire mage who nonetheless knew what I was 'supposed' to do) had a bit more of a mechanics issue with the amber-forming illusions that were needed to theoretically dps down the adds in time.

For whatever reason, (no problem with my pally), it took me 4-5 tries to get that last 2 waves down before time ran out.

Probably should have learned frost, but still.

Personally I find it funny that heroic dungeons have the requirement but LFR doesn't. I could go queue to heal a lfr HFC on my shaman right now with zero experience at all.

Yeeeep. Definitely found that weird, thought it should have been the other way around.

I found an easier way to minimize strafing and extremely easy for ranged. Kill three tentacles and leave one standing, usually a front one. Then go to the dead front tentacle hole and it will lock you in place and you can't get knocked off. Sit there for about 10-20 seconds while 9 bloods pile up.

After the last role (make sure to wait until he roles to move), start strafing, kill all the bloods, then kill the last tentacle (which will spawn the mob) and keep strafing left/right while the mob gets 9 stacks and kill it near the plate. After it explodes, go back to a tendon hole and lock in to kill the big tendon. Repeat.

I found this easier since it requires you strafe much less.

Either way works, sure. The main issue with the encounter is the combination of the max-health decrease as a %, and the anti-healing shield that you get. For a mage whose only healing skill outside of getting lucky with leech is ice block, it can get a bit hairy.

Ended up just running it on my pally and lockout sharing after one week's attempt, not like you need it for tier for xmog, at any rate.

Leveled my Mage to 100 today.

Barely know how to play him. Gotta do some Tanaan for a baseline of gear, cause he's only ~620 with what BoA tokens I had for him. Might play some Fire Mage in Legion.

Daniel R

Leveled my Mage to 100 today.

Barely know how to play him. Gotta do some Tanaan for a baseline of gear, cause he's only ~620 with what BoA tokens I had for him. Might play some Fire Mage in Legion.

Timewalking starts today or tomorrow. You can get a lot of 675 gear by doing just one dungeon and turning in the last boss quest drop.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yeah, but to be fair, one TW dungeon takes like 20 minutes, gear from Ashran takes hours.

It doesnt take that long if you get a premade that just runs through the objectives.

And there's a big difference between 700 and 675 gear.

PartyElectrify

Neo Member
Sooo I'm certain this question gets asked a lot in this thread, and I apologise in advance..

I love Blizzard games. I've been playing D3, Hearthstone and HotS almost exclusively this year. I've been getting a lot of extra items and things for WoW. I played WoW up to around 60 when WotLK came out, but never really got deep deep into it for whatever reason.

Is it too late to start now with Legion coming out? I'd really like to try and and play it properly but I have a feeling many people will get on my case for never having done dungeons or other instances before. I'm in EU if that makes any difference.

strafer

Sooo I'm certain this question gets asked a lot in this thread, and I apologise in advance..

I love Blizzard games. I've been playing D3, Hearthstone and HotS almost exclusively this year. I've been getting a lot of extra items and things for WoW. I played WoW up to around 60 when WotLK came out, but never really got deep deep into it for whatever reason.

Is it too late to start now with Legion coming out? I'd really like to try and and play it properly but I have a feeling many people will get on my case for never having done dungeons or other instances before. I'm in EU if that makes any difference.

It's never too late to start playing World of Warcraft, US or EU. :p

But be sure to start a new character though since you mentioned that you stopped in Wotlk. Too much has changed since then.

Sölf

It's even better with the new expansion coming out, because everyone will have a sort of fresh start regarding dungeons and raids. Currently, you probably won't even learn much regarding tanking/healing because so many people just outgear the dungeon so there is nearly no danger at all. But sure, you can start and it's never to late.

shanafan

It's never too late to start playing World of Warcraft, US or EU. :p

But be sure to start a new character though since you mentioned that you stopped in Wotlk. Too much has changed since then.

For someone who got back in since Cataclysm, I do like the level 90 boost that starts you off "fresh" with limited spells.

Shahadan

Play at your rythm, solo content after lvl 70 is just great (and fast now). Also unless you're tanking, people will probably never notice that you don't know a dungeon :lol:

Stalk

Got my Warrior to 100, been out of the game for quite some time prior, need to decide if I want to level my Rogue and Priest up as well or if I fancy something new. Although one thing that I'm stuck on is that I need 2000 resources to get the new garrison which I think I need for Tannan (sp) jungle?

Tenebrous

Got my Warrior to 100, been out of the game for quite some time prior, need to decide if I want to level my Rogue and Priest up as well or if I fancy something new. Although one thing that I'm stuck on is that I need 2000 resources to get the new garrison which I think I need for Tannan (sp) jungle?

If you have some spare gold, you can buy yourself "Huge Ogre Cache" from the AH, which is a one-use item that gives your toon 1000 Garrison Resources.

Jag

You can also download a treasure addon that will show you where resources are located all through the world. You can get a decent amount farming those plus using the trading post. Also follower missions.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Although one thing that I'm stuck on is that I need 2000 resources to get the new garrison which I think I need for Tannan (sp) jungle?

One way to help with that are the various garrison resources scattered in 'treasures' in the world - there are a fair few that end up being 100 resources, as well as the majority which are 10-30.

In addition to that, and the hue ogre cache or trading post/lumber mill, one thing I ended up doing was leveling alts til unlocking garrisons, and just start stockpiling resources while primarily leveling one character at a time. Just check in every 2-3 days for 400-500 resources.

You can also choose to get a few followers, and start getting a jump on their xp as well, but that's a bit more busywork involved.

Thinking on it, it really is a shame Blizz dropped the ball so hard on WoD's endgame. Leveling was honestly really, really fun for the 3 times I've gone to 100 so far.

Though admittedly, that was due (in part, at least) to having 610 weapons and a 640 armor piece at 91, lol.

Tenebrous

8/8 CM gold all done. Now to get my Blood DK geared along with a hunter in our group so we can boost guildies.

Made a serious transmog for once. Pretty boring, though... MoP helm/weap, T17(M) shoulders, and that blackrock set. Looks intimidating, at least!

8j5ZCV4.jpg

So there was a little bit of a push for a GAF wow guild in general a while ago. I think I found a partial solution.

I created a Discord server we can use as a means to chat amongst ourselves and also do voice chat in for runs. This way we can have a consolidated "guild" chat and break off into smaller groups for instanced content. Faction shouldn't matter as I'm sure half of us are healers and the other have can at least be bothered to roll a cross faction Demon Hunter. Thoughts?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Best expansion after TBC. I don't understand the hate either.

I enjoyed WOTLK more overall just due to it sort of being the height of WoW community/population wise, but yeah Mists was very good. Certainly better than either of the expansions it is sandwiched between.

carlsojo

It's weird to see Mists of Pandaria get so much hate. The areas are beautiful, fun to explore and the Pandaren race are very likable.

Yeah every time I go back when I level an alt through it I'm blown away by how beautiful it is. I think it will be better remembered over time, a lot of the hate comes from being stuck on Siege forever.

Robin64

I still maintain that 5.1 was the best way to do a daily questing system. It remains to be seen if Legion's endgame world content is better or not.

erawsd

It's weird to see Mists of Pandaria get so much hate. The areas are beautiful, fun to explore and the Pandaren race are very likable.

I agree, MoP is definitely my favorite WoW expansion. The variety of dungeons is probably the worst thing about it but doing those CMs was also some of the most fun Ive had playing WoW.

ZenaxPure

I agree, MoP is definitely my favorite WoW expansion. The variety of dungeons is probably the worst thing about it but doing those CMs was also some of the most fun Ive had playing WoW.

Dungeons are the only gripe I had with MoP. Not the quality or variety or anything but the removal of valor as a means for gear meant that dungeons didn't have a ton of use outside of initial gearing. Yeah they had some valor gear at launch but it was tied behind rep and the variety was incredibly limited compared to valor/badge gear in TBC/Wrath/Cata.

Not as bad as things were handled at WoD launch but it was close.

Nokterian

I also never understand the hate towards MoP most enjoyable expansion beautiful environments,great music and great leveling also fun dungeons.

So I got back into the game after years and started in Wyrmrest Accord RP server.

It's cool, it kinda reminds me of what D&D might be like, although I've never had the chance to actually play. Thing is, I really want WPvP as that would make the RP more interesting and dynamic, so I started reading around and saw Emerald Dream.

I kept reading and it seems the sever is being ruined by multiboxers who control 60+ characters in WPvP events and literally lag out zones and cause people to DC. People are saying they are leaving the server and it's literally ruined what made the server great.

Anyone in ED who can attest to this? Is it just as bad as I read, is it overblown, is it getting better?

Lomax

So I got back into the game after years and started in Wyrmrest Accord RP server.

It's cool, it kinda reminds me of what D&D might be like, although I've never had the chance to actually play. Thing is, I really want WPvP as that would make the RP more interesting and dynamic, so I started reading around and saw Emerald Dream.

I kept reading and it seems the sever is being ruined by multiboxers who control 60+ characters in WPvP events and literally lag out zones and cause people to DC. People are saying they are leaving the server and it's literally ruined what made the server great.

Anyone in ED who can attest to this? Is it just as bad as I read, is it overblown, is it getting better?

Just permaflag yourself. You'll get everything that a pvp server has to offer except the ability to gank lowbies.

Ha ha, straight leveling professions is awful. Hopefully Tailoring will start to pay off at 300 and I can start selling some decent bags but Enchanting is so awful I'm tempted to ignore it until I hit 90. If there's one thing WoD got right, it's the profession catch-up.

Tenebrous

Ha ha, straight leveling professions is awful. Hopefully Tailoring will start to pay off at 300 and I can start selling some decent bags but Enchanting is so awful I'm tempted to ignore it until I hit 90. If there's one thing WoD got right, it's the profession catch-up.

Can only disagree amazingly with this.

Making 350 Draenic Agility Potions to get maxed alchemy from scratch is in no way as exciting as herbing across the world & leveling up a profession in a day or two.

Robin64

I like the fantasy of proper profession levelling. If I start a new character, I will always give them professions and do them as I level. Exploring the world to gather materials and craft increasingly better things as you level is just far more appealing than sitting in your Garrison and hitting craft all on some mats you probably paid too much for on the AH. (Or, at this point, had thousands of saved up because we all have mines and herb gardens)

I like the sound of how Legion does it. During Alpha, I killed a mob in Aszuna that gave me a mining skill to learn. Once I had that, I could mine from the corpses of those mobs, and that led to a quest. Quite fun.

Tenebrous

WoD didn't do much right, but the Coliseum is fucking awesome.

(Yeah I did just one shot the Last of Us - 740 prot warrior = easy mode).

Top Bottom