• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i always love the Cairne portion of Children's Week
06356279.png

TheYanger

If there's no new bag for Tailors to make in Legion that's an improvement over Hexweave Bags, then how are tailors supposed to make money in Legion? Everyone needs bags, there's a steep drop-off on people who need cloth gear and then further still for those who want crafted cloth gear. Hexweave Bags are already at a saturation point where it's almost not worthwhile crafting them to sell them on the auction house. Does crafted gear in Legion still have that limit of 3 that WoD had or has that been removed?

Making mounts more comfortable for a limited period of time and providing raid groups with costumes? Errrrrrr, what?

I mean...what other armor profession even has something as useful as bags to craft? It's not like Tailors are some anomaly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since they 'showed' the 'secret' Hunter 'artifact', quotations aside, I hope they also reveal that the Axe Arms artifact is real and at launch. My Orc ain't using no damn sword

Robin64

Hopefully Demonsteel Stirrups (interact with nodes while mounted for 2 hours) and Leystone Hoofplates (20% extra mount speed for 2 hours on Broken Isles) will mean I can start making some nice steady income as a Blacksmith.

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this question - in Legion, with the new Transmog UI, will items that required an exalted reputation (Sunward Crest for example) to purchase require the other toon to also be exalted to use the look? Or was the reputation only needed to buy the item?

I was thinking about grinding some Shattered Sun rep for the shield but if my Prot Paladin alt can't use the thing unless they're exalted too, then I may as well just grind it out on the Prot Paladin.

Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to this question - in Legion, with the new Transmog UI, will items that required an exalted reputation (Sunward Crest for example) to purchase require the other toon to also be exalted to use the look? Or was the reputation only needed to buy the item?

I was thinking about grinding some Shattered Sun rep for the shield but if my Prot Paladin alt can't use the thing unless they're exalted too, then I may as well just grind it out on the Prot Paladin.
It should only require rep to buy them. I think it would be pretty bad of them to restrict it to characters who only attained exalted to that reputation.

Just started playing again last week after a 2 month break. My main goal was to get my legendary ring before Legion but I've been distracted doing other things (and hate LFR). Instead I've been leveling an alt and running old dungeons and raids for mounts. Just got the mount from heroic Deathwing :D. So happy I won't have to do Spine anymore, although I probably will for the gold.

Robin64

Blue response to the very high prices on some things in Legion.

There are, as people have noticed, a small handful of very expensive items on vendors in Legion. This isn't anything fundamentally new - the original Kirin Tor Signet Ring cost a small fortune in relative terms when it first came out in Wrath, as did the Grand Expedition Yak in Mists.

When it comes to cosmetic items and convenience perks, they vary tremendously by source, both in terms of playstyle and degree of difficulty. Some are widely-earned rewards, some were simply a matter of being around at the right time (e.g. the Onyxian Whelpling), others require tremendous skill (Gladiator mounts, Mythic raid mounts from current content), while others require a combination of persistence and luck (Time-Lost Proto Drake, Elegon's mount, etc.). Some require you to engage in PvP, others require raiding, others require extensive outdoor gameplay, or profession use. And some require a sustained and concerted effort to accumulate a ton of gold.

Besides, think of it as a favor to all the arachnophobes out there - do you really want massive spiders skittering around everywhere?

Lomax

I guess as a percentage of my total gold I probably did spend more on the WotlK ring than the Legion one will be. I still think the 500k bag price is silly though. Maybe if it replaced the base backpack, that would probably be worth it.

listed as "mobileappicons" in data

get ready for a fucking class hall app, AND a legendary item acquired via the class hall i suppose

pls fucking no blizz

Garrisons keep people logging in, which keeps people subscribing. There's no way they'll abandon that completely, it's too valuable to them. Just make peace with it now.

I mean...what other armor profession even has something as useful as bags to craft? It's not like Tailors are some anomaly.

Blacksmithing can at least craft some unique weapons on top of various plate and mail armor sets, even if most of them are purely transmogs at this point, that should be decent money for people looking to complete wardrobes in Legion. Leatherworking is a little more hard up but can make a LW-specific bag, which is super useful if you're a mat pack rat...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116259/burnished-leather-bag

ZenaxPure

LW makes mail gear not Blacksmiths. Also I really doubt anyone uses profession bags anymore with the new crafting bank and items stacking up to 200, I certainly don't.

Also tailors can make unique transmog gear too.... Not sure what you're going for here.

LW makes mail gear not Blacksmiths. Also I really doubt anyone uses profession bags anymore with the new crafting bank and items stacking up to 200, I certainly don't.

Also tailors can make unique transmog gear too.... Not sure what you're going for here.

Blacksmithing produces some mail as well.

RzASmhm.jpg

Blacksmithing produces weapons on top of armor, just like Tailoring produces bags on top of cloth gear, and even if they aren't relevant stat-wise, they're useful for transmogs. Which should provide some business going into and during the start of Legion. The point is they have something to sell on top of the class armor they can produce.

LW is just kind of shite.

Robin64

In Legion, all of the Blacksmithing mail recipes are now plate recipes. Some have been renamed to take it into account, like Fel Iron Chain Coif is now Fel Iron Plate Coif.

I guess this is because paladin and warrior are no longer mail classes before level 40.

ampere

That item does say "Exalted required" on the tooltip, so it's possible each toon would need that rep. I have not tried on alpha, but there are toys that still require each toon to have the rep so it wouldn't surprise me.

ZenaxPure

In Legion, all of the Blacksmithing mail recipes are now plate recipes. Some have been renamed to take it into account, like Fel Iron Chain Coif is now Fel Iron Plate Coif.

I guess this is because paladin and warrior are no longer mail classes before level 40.

yepppppppppp, Old news at this point too.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Blue response to the very high prices on some things in Legion.

All I can say is that had better not be the only way to ever get the spider model.

I mean, I can understand the point, but even when compared to the yak mount, that's an absurd amount of money (though admittedly, perhaps less so to the 10-alt since WoD's start crew with garrisons). Just seems like a dumb band-aid to fix the inflation problem, and one that alienates anyone who didn't have that amount of time with WoD.

(Granted, I'm in that camp and I like collecting mounts, so I'm perhaps biased, but even so..)

Lomax

I think a lot of people are operating on this assumption that gold will somehow be harder to make during Legion. Yes, garrisons were a nice supply of easy gold. But still, they account for at most 1/2 of the gold I've made (probably more like 1/3, and that's including materials and such). I still make the most on the AH, and even if they nerf the gold drop in Cata raids, those will still be reasonably profitable just from item drops and presumably MoP raids will enter the mix as well for farming. I think gold will still flow freely for those that pursue it, it just won't be quite as easy to get in a mostly passive way.

Lanrutcon

If I was to buy the Spider mount, Blizzard, it'll be using cheap third party gold and not tokens like you greedy assholes are hoping for (and even then it's stupid pricey). 2 million gold for a mount? They've lost the plot completely. It makes me wonder what other nuggets o' fun are yet to be discovered in Legion.

Apart from the fuckery that is artifact transmogging, that is.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If I was to buy the Spider mount, Blizzard, it'll be using cheap third party gold and not tokens like you greedy assholes are hoping for (and even then it's stupid pricey). 2 million gold for a mount? They've lost the plot completely. It makes me wonder what other nuggets o' fun are yet to be discovered in Legion.

Yeah the second they started putting in shit like this for gold...it's pretty transparent that's what theyre trying to do.

Remember the apexis gear that randomly was swapped over to gold? And cost like 20k gold a pop right when the token came out?

It was worthless noob fresh 100 gear, the kind of thing a whale would buy a token for.

Robin64

The best part is that we can get a real world price of ingame items thanks to the Token prices.

So on EU realms, that spider mount is £335 / €446

On a US realm, it is $887

ZenaxPure

I mean this has already been explained but you can't even use tokens to buy the mount immediately. Like at current token prices it would take over 4 weeks to buy that mount on US servers and once Legion gets here the price on tokens will probably drop a bit so realistically it will be even longer.

If there was this grand conspiracy to get people to buy tokens to afford a mount you'd think they'd you know... actually make that possible.

ampere

2mil might be a little high, but I don't think Blizzard is trying anything funny. There are always expensive vendor items that serve as a gold sink for the richest of players, but now you have a group of players with 10 million or so gold, so the price of the goldsink items has gone up considerably.

Does anyone know how these horde were running around looking like spirit of redemptions?

I looked at their buffs but I forgot it today.

Probably a Rogue pickpocketing a dead Holy Priest to get the illusion and then people using the Skymirror to copy that transformation. That's my guess, but I've never seen that particular case.

Will the raiding structure in Legion be the same as it is currently? That is Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic?

I wish they would go back to the actual tier structure, with maybe the final tier having a Mythic mode for the very hardcore. Progressing through the same raid 3 times is not fun.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Will the raiding structure in Legion be the same as it is currently? That is Normal -> Heroic -> Mythic?

I wish they would go back to the actual tier structure, with maybe the final tier having a Mythic mode for the very hardcore. Progressing through the same raid 3 times is not fun.

Agreed, get rid of Heroic or Mythic.

Just have it be Normal -> Heroic/Mythic

ampere

Looks like the xmog items from the movie promotions are free if you log in during a certain window.

Promotions
Feats of Strength
Fight for the Alliance (New) Log in during the two months following the international premiere of Warcraft. Reward: Replica Lion's Fang and Lion's Heart. Account Wide.
Fight for the Horde (New) Log in during the two months following the international premiere of Warcraft. Reward: Replica Blood Guard's Cleaver and Staff of Gul'dan. Account Wide.

Make LFR difficulty like normal (like it was in MoP), make normal into heroic, and keep mythic.

LFR difficulty in MoP was dumb. Some bosses were stupid easy and some were ridiculously hard. Pre-Determination Garalon with a bad group was basically impossible. They struck a good balance on difficulty in WoD. I don't really get why people want a harder LFR. I stopped raiding because I didn't want to spend 1 hour on a single boss. You can argue that the harder LFR made people better but how many of those people actually went into normal raids? Adding Flex to SoO lowered the barrier of entry into serious raiding and I don't see them changing that.

cdyhybrid

Watcher is doing a livestream with updates on how Legion Alpha is progressing on Twitch at 9am Pacific (which is in 7 hours).

LFR difficulty in MoP was dumb. Some bosses were stupid easy and some were ridiculously hard. Pre-Determination Garalon with a bad group was basically impossible. They struck a good balance on difficulty in WoD. I don't really get why people want a harder LFR. I stopped raiding because I didn't want to spend 1 hour on a single boss. You can argue that the harder LFR made people better but how many of those people actually went into normal raids? Adding Flex to SoO lowered the barrier of entry into serious raiding and I don't see them changing that.

I've said this over and over in this thread, but yeah, I agree with you - LFR is not for actual raiders. LFR is not actual raiding. Stop trying to make it raiding. The only argument that makes some sense to me is merging Normal and Heroic, but having the two difficulties actually allows for some sort of progression that's still PUGable.

Top Bottom