• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
give to me beta
This is a mount.

facelessmount2.jpg

5 mil gold?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited for beta testing of Legion. Mostly to see how well I will be able to optimize the game with new variables.

Nere

The twitch chat is so boring. Everyone is asking about legacy servers but I bet half of them wouldn't even play on them. Before Nostalrius closing hardily anyone was asking for legacy servers now it seems its the flavour of the month. People feel so much like mindless sheeps, I doubt all of the sudden everyone remembered about legacy servers, they just go with the flow. I am interested in hearing what new content we are going to see in WoW not scream "Legacy" all the time just because everyone else is doing it.

Sölf

I liked that Ion actually said that low level questing is just too easy. I agree with him 12-15 second fights at level 1 or 5 or even 10 is pretty long, but currently it's just too fast and since you outlevel basically every zone if you do everything in it, it's also just to easy in the long run. I really hope they will adress this sooner rather than later, especially since we still have Heirlooms to boost us.

I love this part:

"Ion admitted to feeling daily quest fatigue in Mists of Pandaria. The moment the game feels like a chore, the moment its less what we want it to be."

And yet we ended up with the garrison table and check list apexis dailies, the least amount of content they've ever produced and we paid more money for it. Come the fuck on, Ion.

Jag

I love this part:

"Ion admitted to feeling daily quest fatigue in Mists of Pandaria. The moment the game feels like a chore, the moment its less what we want it to be."

And yet we ended up with the garrison table and check list apexis dailies, the least amount of content they've ever produced and we paid more money for it. Come the fuck on, Ion.

Yeah I remember when they said that and I actually thought they were going to move in the right direction. Instead they doubled down and did the exact opposite.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Left my DK's guild. Wasn't feeling DK all that much, and was extra not feeling Alliance. I'm likely done until Legion pre-launch event outside of logging in to get the Movie Rewards which will probably still be up around the time pre-launch events hit I assume. Otherwise, I can just buy in with gold. Got Heroic Archimonde down twice, so I feel accomplished. Knew we wouldn't have near the attendance for Mythics, and I knew I didn't want to play my DK anyways. I was thinking about more gold farming and loremaster before Legion hits, but that shit's 'busy work' defined, and I'm not into that. So I'll spend some free time playing some other stuff. Hopefully I can get into beta since I got into WoD's, but we'll see how long it takes to get in. Still excited about Legion, but nothing about the current game interests me.

But big, tubby pandas can be rogues?

pibVGit.gif

300w.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to see that particular scene with a couple of hundred pounds added to the guy.

I know a lithe body is the common look for a rogue in most games but they can also be burly brawlers, like Letho from The Witcher 2.

Female Pandaren are a lot closer to that kind of build than male or female Tauren. Tauren are simply too tall. That and the hooves make sneaking around in any capacity look foolish. Letho would be more like an arms warrior than a rogue.

It's also why I think it's stupid the amount of races that can be monks when a lot of body types make zero sense for it.

Female Pandaren are a lot closer to that kind of build than male or female Tauren. Tauren are simply too tall. That and the hooves make sneaking around in any capacity look foolish. Letho would be more like an arms warrior than a rogue.

It's also why I think it's stupid the amount of races that can be monks when a lot of body types make zero sense for it.

Tauren could be cushioned booties over their hooves.

But yeah, I think it's odd how tauren can be monks but not goblins. Lore-wise it makes sense, I guess, but from a physical standpoint a goblin should be able to be a monk. It's not like they can't make the lore fit them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing's more stupid than Tauren Paladin retcon. At that point they should have just said, 'fuck it everyone can be everything' so I can make my Panda druid

For the oracles and frenzyhearts what rank do you start at when you switch? I'm at exalted with oracles and trying to get the the green proto drake but its taking a while. Should I keep going or switch to frenzyhearts and come back to oracles

Robin64

Did anyone catch when he said "Apart from Suramar, World Quests are my favourite new feature in Legion."

Does that mean Suramar is special in some way then? Or did I mishear?

ZenaxPure

Did anyone catch when he said "Apart from Suramar, World Quests are my favourite new feature in Legion."

Does that mean Suramar is special in some way then? Or did I mishear?

I don't think it's this mind blowing feature or anything but it's special because it is a questing zone meant for max level players. Preach had a good video about it a while back going over how it is setup.

Zone isn't done yet obviously but to me anyway it just seems like it is supposed to be a really beefy quest zone with a slightly different flow to the way you normally do quests (the way he described it gave me big Secret World vibes). Doesn't seem like a good place to gear up really fast or anything, there is a big emphasis on story. Apparently you do unlock World Quest there eventually but I think you have to most (all?) of the zone.

ampere

Nothing's more stupid than Tauren Paladin retcon. At that point they should have just said, 'fuck it everyone can be everything' so I can make my Panda druid

Sunwalkers make sense, they really shouldn't be Paladins, but Blizzard isn't going to add new classes that similar.

Just like Gnome Priests. Gnomes do not generally use the light, but they have medics. Add a medic class or just make Gnome Priests? Easy answer in terms of convenience

ZenaxPure

Sunwalkers make sense, they really shouldn't be Paladins, but Blizzard isn't going to add new classes that similar.

Just like Gnome Priests. Gnomes do not generally use the light, but they have medics. Add a medic class or just make Gnome Priests? Easy answer in terms of convenience

Yeah there is no retcon with Sunwalkers, they're just a different thing Blizzard uses the Paladin class for because they aren't going to make a whole new class.

I know they would never do it but I actually do wish they would go through and change the skills on classes to match race. Not changing mechanics or anything but specifically replace all the skill icons and perhaps animations for stuff like Sunwalkers and Gnome Priests (and the tons of other examples as well). Maybe tie it to a quest chain so it's an optional thing for people who like the current animations.

Jag

I'm assuming you'll need an active subscription for the Legion beta, right?

I always thought this was the case. My sub runs out Friday and I'm out until the pre-patch (rumor is July 19), unless Blizz is thoughtful enough to toss me a beta...

Yeah I was always under the impression that current subscribers got in to betas through the opt-in. Otherwise if you knew somebody then you could get in that way without one or through some key giveaway..

Why is that stupid?

And we have until 8/29 to knock out other shit right like mythic mounts, the howl bomb need, wtc?

TheYanger

No idea about this beta specifically, but I've had plenty of inactive sub friends get invited before. Mine was inactive when warlords beta hit too

ampere

Yeah there is no retcon with Sunwalkers, they're just a different thing Blizzard uses the Paladin class for because they aren't going to make a whole new class.

I know they would never do it but I actually do wish they would go through and change the skills on classes to match race. Not changing mechanics or anything but specifically replace all the skill icons and perhaps animations for stuff like Sunwalkers and Gnome Priests (and the tons of other examples as well). Maybe tie it to a quest chain so it's an optional thing for people who like the current animations.

I made a thread on the Wow forums about that back in Cataclysm, but it's just a... unnecessary extra amount of work for them that most players would be confused by and want to disable. A player made addon package could do it! Even redo icons and stuff.

Top Bottom