• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Not sure what's so bad about that Velen spoiler for all those people to hate on it.

Haters gonna hate, or something.

Fularu

Banned
Not sure what's so bad about that Velen spoiler for all those people to hate on it.

Haters gonna hate, or something.
Hating on WoW and Blizzard is the cool thing

It's even more funny when most of It is done by people who haven't played since wotlk and say the game is shit now for the most egregious reasons

Bisnic

Hating on WoW and Blizzard is the cool thing

It's even more funny when most of It is done by people who haven't played since wotlk and say the game is shit nos for the most egregious reasons

You'd think with the overwhelming positive impressions of the Overwatch beta and the nice revamp of Diablo 3, that people would be willing to admit that Blizzard haven't lost their touch as much as they would believe, but I suppose WoW, especially after WoD, will be forever stuck in "lol Blizzard sux" mode, even if Legion ends up as one of the best expansion.

Fularu

Banned
You'd think with the overwhelming positive impressions of the Overwatch beta and the nice revamp of Diablo 3, that people would be willing to admit that Blizzard haven't lost their touch as much as they would believe, but I suppose WoW, especially after WoD, will be forever stuck in "lol Blizzard sux" mode, even if Legion ends up as one of the best expansion.
MoP was easily the best expansion in WoW's history yet...

"Lol pandas"

ZenaxPure

And people are "lol blizzard" about this too? At this point I'm convinced people will just whine about whatever is happening.

Yeah the reaction to the Velen stuff is pretty ridiculous, nothing really crazy happens in that quest and yet people are like "lol way2go metzen" and shit. It's like.... wut? Like nothing really happens in that quest except we learn a bit about Velen's history we didn't know which is touching/sad given the context.

Then again if I've learned anything during this alpha it's that people are incapable of simple things like reading, the entire
Alleria and Turalyon quest was insane especially at people's incapability to read a few simple lines of dialogue. It's especially more dumb now looking at this Velen quest which confirms that Turalyon is in fact alive (no fucking shit dumbasses of course he is alive).

Zelias

Banned
I quite liked the Velen thing, though now I feel as though I should hang back a bit and not spoil all the story beats for myself before the expac launches. Certainly better than pretty much anything we had in WoD.

ampere

Ij0JQwB.png

You beauty!

That's a good decision. If people want to progress purely via crafting, let them.

Apparently you can boost the ilevel of those pieces a bit too, but it takes a lot of work via obliterum or w/e.

Tenebrous

So, my beta brothers, what do you plan on doing when the realms become playable?

Sounds interesting, at least.

That's a good decision. If people want to progress purely via crafting, let them.

Apparently you can boost the ilevel of those pieces a bit too, but it takes a lot of work via obliterum or w/e.

Yeah, that does indeed sound great. Might drop my engineering out for blacksmithing, as it'll give me a chance to craft all of my own gear. No chance in hell I'm dropping my perfect enchanting, though (every recipe ever).

I haven't see the spoiler you're talking about, but I bet I can guess what it is.
I mean, anyone who read that Illidan book knows
that he's got item that can open a portal directly to Argus
, which I recall reading was hinted in version one of the Demon Hunter opening questline, but they called it something different from the book.

Nope.
We kill his corrupted son after his son destroys the Naaru in the Exodar. Velen attacks us, then kneels over his son, and says he is a prophet and pawn no more - and that the light is dead. He is angry as fuck and says he's rebuilding the Exodar and bringing the battle straight to Argus.

edit because I don't want to double post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyIqZnUt050

DIVINE INTERVENTION IS BACK BABY

JSoup

Banned
Nope.
We kill his corrupted son after his son destroys the Naaru in the Exodar. Velen attacks us, then kneels over his son, and says he is a prophet and pawn no more - and that the light is dead. He is angry as fuck and says he's rebuilding the Exodar and bringing the battle straight to Argus.

I...I know. I it was posted 15 posts ago.

Tenebrous

Wait a few days until I can log in without being crowded by the dirty unwashed masses =P

Boo this man.

Is anyone playing healer on the beta? I wanna try out all the tank classes & give feedback on those as it's generally what interests me. Would love to team up with likeminded folk for that.

(None of my guildies got an invite).

Fularu

Banned
Nope.

The light has left this place doesn't mean that it's dead

Just that The Exodar is now a weapon of war in the Legion

Jag

Legendary items drop from places all throughout Legion. In addition to stats, these items confer powerful effects and modify abilities. Only a limited number of them can be equipped at a time.

Doesn't sound very Legendary.

Couleurs

Having a progressive cost for switching specs is incredibly stupid and I'm curious whether there is a single way to justify it when the cost and frequency of switching specs is far too minor to even be a blip in the fight against gold inflation from Garrisons.

There are other Legion decisions i disagree with, but for everything else i can at least understand what Blizzard is trying to accomplish even if I don't like them; This one however is just mind boggling.

cdyhybrid

Having a progressive cost for switching specs is incredibly stupid and I'm curious whether there is a single way to justify it when the cost and frequency of switching specs is far too minor to even be a blip in the fight against gold inflation from Garrisons.

There are other Legion decisions i disagree with, but for everything else i can at least understand what Blizzard is trying to accomplish even if I don't like them; This one however is just mind boggling.
Blizzard seems to be actively discouraging spec swapping this expansion, at least at the frequency we're used to. Artifacts will take a while to max out, etc.

Jag

I agree. My guess is they justify it like repairs. The more you use it, the more it costs and it will eventually add up. Same with still paying for transmog after the Wardrobe implements. It's the little money sinks that don't affect anything, but they are annoying.

Shahadan

I got an email from Blizzard with "beta" in the title.

Got excited.

Turns out they were thanking me for playing the overwatch beta. D:

It hurts.

Blizzard seems to be actively discouraging spec swapping this expansion, at least at the frequency we're used to. Artifacts will take a while to max out, etc.

Its gonna be terrible chosing spec as one of those 3x dpsspec classes. Thank god im always shadow priest as main.. but my rogue will be a pain to decide.. =(

cdyhybrid

Its gonna be terrible chosing spec as one of those 3x dpsspec classes. Thank god im always shadow priest as main.. but my rogue will be a pain to decide.. =(
The idea they're shooting for is that you choose the one you like best because they'll all be balanced.

That's not going to be how it works out, of course, but yeah :p

DH only has one DPS spec anyway so whatever!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dual spec adding continual costs feels....weird, and having to pay continually to replace it, especially after iirc, it originally cost something like 1k gold when it originated.

I get the 'pick a spec' mentality, but even if you get a free switch when entering a dungeon as a new spec, it feels odd.

I'm also curious on how quest/dungeon scaling works from the new proposed system - is damage to players just then scaled into %, and re-distributed accordingly after calculations? And similarly with damage to mobs?

Weird stuff.

ampere

Demon Hunters and their starting area/mounts do look great. Recaptures that coolness that Death Knights had when they were first added

Nista

I'm kind of amazed how their servers always die even though they know there's going to be a heavy load when they open it up. It's only been 10 years guys.

Bisnic

I knew about demon hunters double jump, but didn't know they could glide with wings if you press the jump button another time!

I can't see that thing staying available in BGs lol.

I'm kind of amazed how their servers always die even though they know there's going to be a heavy load when they open it up. It's only been 10 years guys.

Seriously? It's beta. We're testing; this kind of stuff is going to happen. I thought the servers were surprisingly stable until they took the world server down.

I got Doomhammer! That was fun. Enhancement is neat.

Rokam

Played through the starting area of DH, figured I wouldn't like the class, haven't really liked DH or Monk.. but damn the class feels good. Ret and Assassination on the other hand make me sad. So few buttons to hit.

Tenebrous

Just done two dungeons (Halls of Valor and Eye of Azshara). Eye was average with good boss fights, while Halls was just flatout incredible. Both dungeons combined netted me a total of around 7 bars worth of XP, along with a rather weak 115 artifact power.

LF beta healers/DPS to do dungeons with me on test realm #3, by the way.

Fjordson

Man I'm jealous. The beta looks so awesome.

I've said it before, but the one thing that WoW has never faltered with imo is leveling in new zones. The art and the music is always on point and every expansion has its fair share of good quests.

Played through the starting area of DH, figured I wouldn't like the class, haven't really liked DH or Monk.. but damn the class feels good. Ret and Assassination on the other hand make me sad. So few buttons to hit.

That's a shame about Retribution. I was hoping they'd make it more interesting and fun for Legion.

Sokantish

Anyone here know which profession makes a good amount of gold by selling stuff on the auction houses? I was trying to sell the panther mounts from jewelcrafting but they seem very hard to sell. I did sell the ilvl upgrades a few months ago for a pretty nice amount of gold but they seem to have decreased in value quite a bit

Top Bottom