• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Tarazet

Anyone here know which profession makes a good amount of gold by selling stuff on the auction houses? I was trying to sell the panther mounts from jewelcrafting but they seem very hard to sell. I did sell the ilvl upgrades a few months ago for a pretty nice amount of gold but they seem to have decreased in value quite a bit

Fishing, if you don't mind putting in hours. Go through the quests to get Nat Pagle (takes 4-6 hours), get a T3 shack, fish in your garrison until you get the conjured temporary items, and go back out into the world. Nagrand is my favorite because it gets you mats for Mastery food. As you fish, you will get Lunkers that you can trade in to Pagle for Lucky Coins, and they are currency for 2 rare pets that you can sell on the Auction House. They typically go for 15k apiece and that's on top of the fish meat, which is obscenely profitable.

mclem

95% for my iLvl on Zakuun & Kormrok. Being a crit-stacked prot warr is fun.

Would've been 100% on Zakuun if not for the other tank...

Hellfire Assault with the Archi trinket is similarly great for a haste-centric prot pally.

PNiSmiX.png

It's nice to have one or two fights where we're actually able to bring meaningful DPS. I was a bit higher on my first mythic kill, too, but these days we're getting noticeable downtime on occasion.

Edit: Second Mythic kill (I forgot, on the first I used a different trinket):

A6WWiyy.png

Tenebrous

Hellfire Assault with the Archi trinket is similarly great for a haste-centric prot pally.

PNiSmiX.png

It's nice to have one or two fights where we're actually able to bring meaningful DPS. I was a bit higher on my first mythic kill, too, but these days we're getting noticeable downtime on occasion.

Edit: Second Mythic kill (I forgot, on the first I used a different trinket):

A6WWiyy.png

Ugh, you guys are so strong for damage. Just goes to show how much our Pally off-tank is slacking on DPS.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me that doesn't want to touch the beta too much, so that I don't see everything before the game launch?

At least, play enough of it to see the spell changes, artifacts, UI changes, demon hunter class...that kind of stuff. So I'm not too overwhelmed when the pre-launch patch goes live.
Leave the exploration and questing of the zones to when Legion launch.

Tenebrous

Is it just me that doesn't want to touch the beta too much, so that I don't see everything before the game launch?

At least, play enough of it to see the spell changes, artifacts, UI changes, demon hunter class...that kind of stuff. Leave the exploration and questing of the zones to later.

I just wanna spam the shit outta dungeons, try out all the talent combos (although I think I've found a pretty cookie cutter prot spec), and maybe try out some different classes.

Exploration & questing, like you, I'd rather save if possible.

Fularu

Banned

At least, play enough of it to see the spell changes, artifacts, UI changes, demon hunter class...that kind of stuff. So I'm not too overwhelmed when the pre-launch patch goes live.
Leave the exploration and questing of the zones to when Legion launch.

Whenever I do a beta (except for BC) I never go beyond the first two zones so as to not spoil myself

JSoup

Banned

Yo. I'd probably just dick around with new class mechanics, like I did during the MoP beta. I'll save the content for when it's live. Well, no, I tried a few of the older dungeons that were redone for MoP just to laugh at all the dev notes.

Tenebrous

They get faster queues

That's enough incentive for most people who care about leveling quickly.

Faster queues, sure, but DPS players can still quest while in the queue, and as questing is almost always the faster XP when an expansion launches, tanks & healers are still going to get less XP/h than a DPS player.

Not talking about a huge increase. If a dungeon gives 3 bars at the moment, make it give 4/5.

Milennia

Faster queues, sure, but DPS players can still quest while in the queue, and as questing is almost always the faster XP when an expansion launches, tanks & healers are still going to get less XP/h than a DPS player.

Not talking about a huge increase. If a dungeon gives 3 bars at the moment, make it give 4/5.

Tanks and healers do a lot of damage now and most people swap to dps specs for leveling if they want to, artifact power gains won't matter you just swap artifacts and put the increase in the one you want since they are in the form of items so it's unaffected, if I had tank queues as a dps I would dungeon until 110, leveling literally takes like 6 hours at most right now and has all alpha.

As a pure dps I don't have the option of a faster queue time outside of going with a group, that's fine also

mclem

Ugh, you guys are so strong for damage. Just goes to show how much our Pally off-tank is slacking on DPS.

Oh, much worse on other fights, that one just happens to be a perfect marriage of heavy AoE and enough incoming damage to proc the trinket frequently.

(Speaking of the trinket, I wonder if I should use it less when our Disc Priest is around, since wouldn't the shield mean that it procs less frequently?)

#nobetaclub

What annoys me about how blizzard flags accounts is that half my guild is playing beta now and will be all weekend and I cannot play with them even though I want to. Then you have one of my guild members who was banned in the botting wave (the 6th month ban its ended already) and got that account flagged for beta.

This shit just makes me salty as fuck.

Sokantish

Fishing, if you don't mind putting in hours. Go through the quests to get Nat Pagle (takes 4-6 hours), get a T3 shack, fish in your garrison until you get the conjured temporary items, and go back out into the world. Nagrand is my favorite because it gets you mats for Mastery food. As you fish, you will get Lunkers that you can trade in to Pagle for Lucky Coins, and they are currency for 2 rare pets that you can sell on the Auction House. They typically go for 15k apiece and that's on top of the fish meat, which is obscenely profitable.

Fishing was probably my most dreaded answer. I didn't even consider it as a possibility

phierce

#nobetaclub

What annoys me about how blizzard flags accounts is that half my guild is playing beta now and will be all weekend and I cannot play with them even though I want to. Then you have one of my guild members who was banned in the botting wave (the 6th month ban its ended already) and got that account flagged for beta.

This shit just makes me salty as fuck.
I hear you, man. People with no subs, inactive subs or banned subs getting beta invites instead of others actively playing (some of us for many, many years / multiple accounts / several 100s / etc), just sucks ass.

françois

I hear you, man. People with no subs, inactive subs or banned subs getting beta invites instead of others actively playing (some of us for many, many years / multiple accounts / several 100s / etc), just sucks ass.

It's a shame tbh. Had an active account from early vanilla up to the end of MoP (with a few breaks in between in later expansions) and the only time I got into the beta was when I got a code from a website that was giving them away. I'm no too bothered that I didn't get one this time around as I've had an active WoD account for maybe 5 months, but it's still strange.

Lomax

Blizzard invited the people it actually wanted as testers ages ago. The rest is just advertising. And quite frankly, they know those people with long standing accounts don't need to be sold on anything.

Honestly though, it's probably all random. And at this point there's probably ten inactive accounts for every active one.

Tenebrous

Tanks and healers do a lot of damage now and most people swap to dps specs for leveling if they want to, artifact power gains won't matter you just swap artifacts and put the increase in the one you want since they are in the form of items so it's unaffected, if I had tank queues as a dps I would dungeon until 110, leveling literally takes like 6 hours at most right now and has all alpha.

As a pure dps I don't have the option of a faster queue time outside of going with a group, that's fine also

Fair enough.

Speaking of dungeons, I just did my third (Neltharion's Maw)... Kinda feels like a cheap mans Stonecore.

Schnauzer

I just cancelled my account. My friends who play other Blizzard games but no longer subscribe to wow keep getting it. That's not the main reason I quit, it just made me realise that the only thing I do is Garrison missions I do not enjoy for gold/reward. I don't do anything else atm as my friends and I are to busy playing Hearthstone, Heroes, and Diablo.

This is a first for me. I hear it becomes easier to quit in the future after the first time you quit.

Jag

This is a first for me. I hear it becomes easier to quit in the future after the first time you quit.

Been playing since launch and I quit all the time, sometimes for a few months, sometimes a year or more. Since there is barely any progression, it really doesn't matter if you quit or not. It's actually a good thing to take some time off.

Ultratech

Been playing since launch and I quit all the time, sometimes for a few months, sometimes a year or more. Since there is barely any progression, it really doesn't matter if you quit or not. It's actually a good thing to take some time off.

Agreed.

When I quit last time, it was mostly because I was burned out, but also because I quickly realized there wasn't really much going on at the Endgame.

It's been well over a year now since I quit, and apart from checking in this thread, I haven't felt the need to come back (until Legion comes out I guess).

Also been making progress on my backlog of games.

Agreed.

When I quit last time, it was mostly because I was burned out, but also because I quickly realized there wasn't really much going on at the Endgame.

It's been well over a year now since I quit, and apart from checking in this thread, I haven't felt the need to come back (until Legion comes out I guess).

Also been making progress on my backlog of games.

I only log on to raid at this point and maybe occasionally I'll play an alt. I started the Ironman Challenge a few weeks ago only got to level 10 and haven't touched it since but need to try and do that before Legion comes out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn... beta server restarted right when I was fighting that huge demon during the scenario where
Tirion gets killed
(huge spoiler). I will have to do the whole thing again, am I? :(

Tenebrous

Damn... beta server restarted right when I was fighting that huge demon during the scenario where
Tirion gets killed
(huge spoiler). I will have to do the whole thing again, am I? :(

Happened to me at the exact same time, half an hour or so after the servers went live.

Yes, you'll have to do it all over again.

Top Bottom