• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
11nqLGV.png

Right, I can totally imagine Varian saying this. lol

Is there not glyphs anymore? I can't see the tab next to the talents.

TheYanger

Damn... beta server restarted right when I was fighting that huge demon during the scenario where
Tirion gets killed
(huge spoiler). I will have to do the whole thing again, am I? :(

You can afk the whole scenario, how I'm doing it o nalts :)
Agreed.

When I quit last time, it was mostly because I was burned out, but also because I quickly realized there wasn't really much going on at the Endgame.

It's been well over a year now since I quit, and apart from checking in this thread, I haven't felt the need to come back (until Legion comes out I guess).

Also been making progress on my backlog of games.

yep, when wow launched I had not yet finished MGS3 or San Andreas. Those games sat unfinished for almost 4 years. I now welcome the farm periods at endgame, not this long mind you, but in general I appreciate that the game respects my time management in that I don't have to do anything outside of raid once a week, and I can just unsub if I don't want to do that.

Then they sent me a statue and now I don't dare unsub again. Thank you based wow tokens.

idlewild_

The phasing in Azsuna was really bad last night. Hope they fix that sometime soon.

I think they need to buff the quest xp a bit, I completed the loremaster storylines in Stormheim, Highmountain, Val'sharah and I am done with 3/5 of the ones in Azsuna, I also did every bonus objective I could find and around 6 dungeons and I am just 1/3 of the way through 108. We should be able to hit 110 just by doing the loremaster stuff imo.

Daniel R

Mehh. The arcane mage artifact scenario bugged out at the absloute last step. They seem to have changed it in a recent build.

Edit: Found out how to do it.

haikira

Hey guys. Haven't played in years, and on a different account, and I'm looking to maybe jump back in soon.

Looking at the blizzard store, I see that excluding the unreleased Legion, there're only two games, World of Warcraft, and Warlords of Draenor. Does the base World of Warcraft include The Burning Crusade, and all other pre Warlords of Draenor expansions?

Tacitus_

Hey guys. Haven't played in years, and on a different account, and I'm looking to maybe jump back in soon.

Looking at the blizzard store, I see that excluding the unreleased Legion, there're only two games, World of Warcraft, and Warlords of Draenor. Does the base World of Warcraft include The Burning Crusade, and all other pre Warlords of Draenor expansions?

Yeah, they changed it to be like that some time ago.

Fularu

Banned

May as well wait for the release of Legion and avoid buying WoD since it will be included in the base game probably when 7.0 hits.

TheYanger

May as well wait for the release of Legion and avoid buying WoD since it will be included in the base game probably when 7.0 hits.

Can still buy the base game now and level. If you hit your cap and can't wait, warlords can be gotten pretty cheaply at various places, but if you don't get there before it gets added to the base game then you'll just get it for free when it does.

TheYanger

man, I've loved most of the class changes. Out of everything I've played on the beta I can only think of a few that I didn't enjoy.

I really like the DPS dk specs. Tank is bad.
Fury is awesome, arms is lame.
Survival is fun as fuck
Both DH specs are super fun
Windwalker is actually not aids to play
Ret is pretty fun
I found all 3 rogue specs fun, though last time I played Assassination it felt rough.

Think that covers everything I put enough time into to really get into.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Upgrading to a 144 Hz monitor this week. I imagine that'll give me a big gain in WoW since I regularly go around 90 something FPS on ultra

Fularu

Banned
man, I've loved most of the class changes. Out of everything I've played on the beta I can only think of a few that I didn't enjoy.

Fury is awesome, arms is lame.
Survival is fun as fuck
Both DH specs are super fun
Windwalker is actually not aids to play
Ret is pretty fun
I found all 3 rogue specs fun, though last time I played Assassination it felt rough.

Think that covers everything I put enough time into to really get into.

I heard that fury was prety clunky and not very fun. Arms beeing lame has been a fact since wotlk :p

Also it seems that warrior's soloing abilities have been nerfed into the ground. Remains ot be seen (but the warrior section on IV seems to dislike the changes)

TheYanger

I heard that fury was prety clunky and not very fun. Arms beeing lame has been a fact since wotlk :p

Also it seems that warrior's soloing abilities have been nerfed into the ground. Remains ot be seen (but the warrior section on IV seems to dislike the changes)

What? I haven't heard anyone dislike Fury. It's fun as fuck imo. Wod fury is awful.

ampere

That's the problem for me, main spec Brewmaster and main alt Blood DK

I'm probably not gonna raid, just really don't enjoy the specs on alpha. Have no idea why they made the tank changes they did : /

ZenaxPure

Assassination is always rough at low gear levels so no surprise there. As someone who has been maining assassination since Wrath I've just come to accept that it is rough around the edges at the start of the expansion. Baking in extra crit in WoD for agility classes helped a lot but it still took a bit of gear to get to a point where it felt good. Wish they would just give us extra crit on mutilate by default but oh well.

Still excited for the spec though, love the change to mutilate, glad they're getting rid of dispatch (since the only version of it I ever liked was the Cata version), love elaborate planning, glad to see they're making our AOE a bit better finally. Only complaint I really have is our big artifact traits are pretty boring, many of the smaller traits look more exciting. But that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

Lomax

RIP Loot-a-Rang. No reason for doing this. Had them on all my toons :(

LO3twBr.jpg

lVT0g9l.jpg

That's dumb. Wonder what else they'll nerf in the shift to toys. They really seem intent on making each expansion's novelty stuff be for that expansion and nowhere else, that design paradigm clearly began to set in during MoP. I think they want people to see each expansion basically as a whole new game, maybe they think that will bring in new players intimidated by the age of the game.
It won't.
But hey, if people complain enough they'll probably revert the change just like with the water striders.

The Orz

Playing around in the beta; Demon Hunter's pretty fun but I'm not really catching the wave on the new Protection Paladin. It seems like the only way to hit multiple targets at once is to lay down Consecration every X seconds. Even Avenger's Shield has been reduced to a single target.

It's still totally possible to round up large groups of enemies and destroy them without taking much (if any) damage, but it feels like more of a hassle now. Am I missing something?

On that note, I love the new looting system. I'm not able to loot stuff my pet kills without my assistance. Made a Demonology Warlock with an Infernal and ran through Karazhan for the hell of it--never had to cast a spell and still got the loot.

ampere

RIP Loot-a-Rang. No reason for doing this. Had them on all my toons :(

http://i.imgur.com/LO3twBr.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lVT0g9l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Boo!

I guess I could go engineering on my main, ugh.

I feel like the answer to this is to improve looting again, not add restrictions to the loot-a-rang

ZenaxPure

JSoup

Banned
But hey, if people complain enough they'll probably revert the change just like with the water striders.

How many people are going to complain?
Certainly not me. Collecting more crap I'm never going to use to make two or three numbers go up is part of what an MMO is all about.

Lomax

How many people are going to complain?
Certainly not me. Collecting more crap I'm never going to use to make two or three numbers go up is part of what an MMO is all about.

Nerfing the loot-a-rang from being very useful in numerous situations (especially instances where tanks want to run way faster than you can loot) to something that is never going to be used ever again by anyone is pretty extreme. It becoming a toy isn't a fair trade-off for that, I'd rather give up the bag slots.

Lomax

Loot you are eligible for that you missed during an instance is mailed to you at the end of the instance.

Only boss loot from what I've ever seen. Like I've never gotten a mail with a few G attached from bodies left behind that I know got left. I'm not saying it is a huge issue, but it was nice to just hit the loot-a-rang and go without having to run up to bodies. Not to mention the times I've had bodies that were unreachable.

JSoup

Banned
The "hey, you missed this loot" seem to be pretty spotty. Sometimes I'd get mail full of junk and gold that I missed, sometimes it's just the junk, sometimes it's just the gold. It's sort of a frustrating mechanic, really.

Lomax

My best loot-a-rang moment that will make me love it forever: I joined a group that was killing Silthide in Talador, only it turned out that my character was phased where the mob was. The group killed it, and if I ran away a little bit, I could see the body, but if I got close it phased out and vanished. I was able to get close enough to hit my loot-a-rang and got my mount. Now I don't know if they would have mailed it to me had I not been able to get it, but since it was in the world and not an instance I really doubt they would have.

I guess you could argue that it's too good to the point that it's almost required (I have one on every character after all), but at this point there should just be an aoe loot button anyway, it just enables that mechanic. So if they want to nerf the item and put that mechanic in the game by default, I'm fine with that. But just removing it for everyone but engineers (and obsolete content) is excessive. What will be even worse is if there's a Legion replacement designed as one of the profession consumables.

Funny Loot-a-rang side notes, using it can aggro mobs (happened to me several times in Icecrown before I realized what was happening) as well as trigger various effects like felmouth frenzy onto nearby mobs, which can be amusing (or disastrous depending on the situation).

JSoup

Banned
I'd actually get a kick out of them changing auto-loot to something like in RO or Maple Story, where you can buy animations. Instead of just a button you push and that's it, the loot-a-rang animation would be equipped to it so when you auto-loot, you character does the "throw a thing" animation. Would be another interesting character customization feature.

Ark

Do you need an active sub to get into the beta? I don't know why I'm even surprised that Blizzard has ignored me for yet another beta :D

françois

Do you need an active sub to get into the beta? I don't know why I'm even surprised that Blizzard has ignored me for yet another beta :D

From what I've been reading in this thread and in other places you don't need an active account, although I'm sure there's a larger chance of getting in if you have one atm.

idlewild_

Got to 110 last night on my MM Hunter; questing was really easy with the right talents, in fact the TTK is probably way too low in levelling gear. Tried some world bosses and a 110 dungeon, the spec feels a bit shit after the first 20ish seconds of a pull (blow focus on pull -> trueshot -> ...) Will need to play around more, but some of the feedback on the forums is making more sense on longer fights. The damage seems pretty respectable at low gear levels, will need to see once I gear up some more, only ~800 ilvl right now. Two quick issues I've seen so far: focus capping pretty often with sidewinders, patient sniper uptime is too high.

edit: also need to experiment some more with the talents.

Do you need an active sub to get into the beta?

No

Jag

The loot-a-rang was a nice convenience, especially for ranged characters. After a fight, I'm at range from the dead boss and near the exit. Loot-a-rang and run out. Now you have to run towards the boss, loot, run back out, while the melee and tanks are already out the door. Not a huge deal, but annoying enough.

My main Hunter is an engineer, so I'll still get to use it on him. It was just a nice thing to have. We can't have nice things.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Not sure I like the new frost mage. I kinda miss my instant Frostfires. Now all I have is Frostbolts & Ice Lances, then Frozen Orb once in a while. I'm kinda "forced" to pick non-passive talents just to add a few new spells so my rotation don't get too boring...

How is fire mage?

I never really paid much attention to all of the complaints about ability pruning but I now understand what people meant. A lot of classes have downtime where you're waiting for cooldowns to finish or just have few skills to use. It's really boring. Maybe it changes with upgrading artifacts, I don't know.

Top Bottom