• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

strafer

Character Skin Color Options
I've had plenty of friends who would like a more diverse style of skin choices for many races, humans included. I don't see this as far-fetched feedback by any means.

One of the earliest ideas in RPGs was to create a character modeled after yourself in a fantasy world, where you can go on these spectacular adventures that aren't possible in the real world - the current choices can be limiting in this sense in various situations. Many people who are asking for these additions, among others, simply want a more customizable experience, and there is no harm in that.

Anyways, I've passed this feedback along to the Development team. Let's keep the conversation civil and we will keep this thread open for more feedback and discussion!

<3

TheYanger

If you're just going to switch with every pull then they might as well just give you all of the talents at once.

Nah, having the optionof all 3 at will is very different from just having all 3 at once. You still have to decide "hey this fight favors X over Y" for example. There is an actual cost for swapping. AoE vs Single Target in the same tier is better than 3 single target, where one is just going to clearly beat the others in all situations. At least this way you'd be switching and there's a real tradeoff (Hey, the aoe phase is the hard phase, it's going to lower my dps the rest of the time but that's probably worth it).

Tacitus_

Praise RNGesus, deleting the character and restoring teleported me to Dalaran. Now I can corpserun and continue on the same character.

What a brilliant decision Khadgar!
i4SvYXw.png

But thats the entire point. They're trying to make it a choice, instead of just being able to have the best shit in every situation.

But you still do have the best shit in every situation now its just cumbersome to switch things between fights, this kind of thing goes back to when you had to go back to your class trainer to switch talents and people would have to do all that shit in between pulls for progression its not fun and just wastes raiders time and was originally one of the more positive reasons for putting in the new talent system in Mists the idea was to give you more options in talents and part of that is being able to switch talents fairly regularly.

So now we have this same new talent system (which isn't great) and now its hampered down pretty much in the same way as the old talent system.

Not a great plan.

You can say 'oh well the item will make it better' yeah maybe but we don't know how exactly that will work and if it'll work in dungeons and raids it would be odd for it to work there because it would be counter intuitive to the exact reasoning they gave for why they are making it harder to change talents anyway.

Xis

So now we have this same new talent system (which isn't great) and now its hampered down pretty much in the same way as the old talent system.

The problem is that they want to offer you choices (in talents), but make it so that none of the choices are better than any of the others. That's impossible unless you nerf them all to uselessness.

ampere

They posted expanded explanation and it makes even less sense.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=253031/legion-respec-costs-removed-talent-changing-restricted?refresh

Where are they even going with this? Making you go back to Dalaran between bosses isn't "meaningful" in my book - it's just a pain in the ass.

Except there is no customization and differentiation. They've pretty clearly tried to direct the new talent system in a direction that makes different talents useful in different situations - in which case your talent selections are determined entirely by the encounter if you're trying to play optimally. And the funny thing is that they even failed to do this in most cases - there's generally a "best" talent build and that's what you choose, because you're probably swapping specs between single-target and AOE fights if you have another one available to you!

We could never switch talents freely, at any time, and in combat. Literally no one is asking for that. Why are you even bringing this up?

No! NO! There would be no actual variety! There would be the people who picked the best build and the people who fucked it up for themselves! That's not variety!

Who the fuck cares if people switch talents for trash?! It's fucking trash! And if the dungeon fights are sub-1-minute, it would be faster to just mow the shit down instead of switching talents and rebuffing before the boss anyway! And they're fucking dungeons, not Mythic raids!

People are going to be switching talents before raid bosses unless you make it so prohibitive that switching talents might as well not exist - so why are you just making it a pain in the ass?

It's like the water strider thing *10, but for something that matters.

It's almost hilarious until you realize it makes the game less fun and more of a pain in the ass.

It was mentioned a long time ago, duh! :p

Shirts are included too!

They didn't clarify how tabards with use-effects work, probably can only xmog the appearance

Jag

Found a post on Reddit that tries to sum up everything that is going away in 7.0 which is rumored to be July 19. It looks pretty accurate. Not sure what they will do about PVP gear if the new PVP system isn't up yet.

Summary of 7.0 Legion pre-patch changes

Here is a list of all the changes that I can think of when the 7.0 Legion pre-patch goes live (presumably in July). Please let me know if there are any errors or items that I missed out on.

WoD Changes

WoD Challenge Modes no longer doable (and rewards no longer obtainable)

Hellfire Citadel: Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge/Moose Mount no longer obtainable

Legion legendary ring questline can no longer be started (but can be completed before the end of pre-patch)

PvP Season 3 will end

Mythic dungeon Heirloom trinkets no longer available

Brawler's Guild removed for Legion

Currency removed (e.g. Honor Points, Conquest Points)

Glyph changes introduced (Major Glyphs removed)

Legion Prep Changes

Class changes - all the class overhauls and changes will be there

Secondary stat changes - Multistrike/Bonus Armor/Spirit will be gone (replaced with a mix of Crit/Haste/Vers)

Wardrobe will be introduced

Broken Shore pre-patch event will be accessible

Demon hunters available up to level 100 some point in the pre-patch

All UI changes implemented (e.g. enemy bar changes, graphics changes, tab, targeting, etc.)

Level 100 class trials introduced (try a class before committing)

Account changes introduced (12 character slots, 9,999,999g gold cap)

Gnome Hunters introduced

Rambaldi

I assume they're removing the trinket heirlooms which really irritates me. No one in my guild is playing right now, my friends have quit, and I can't run the dungeons on my own.

I know, I know. Trade chat, twitter groups, etc. but running with completely random people gives me a weird sort of anxiety sometimes because of how abusive people can be over the strangest things.

Jag

I assume they're removing the trinket heirlooms which really irritates me. No one in my guild is playing right now, my friends have quit, and I can't run the dungeons on my own.

I know, I know. Trade chat, twitter groups, etc. but running with completely random people gives me a weird sort of anxiety sometimes because of how abusive people can be over the strangest things.

What's your ilevel? I was able to get some competent Mythic groups using the finder as a 705 dps to get 3 of 5 trinkets so far, using the same toon. I was only doing Auch, SMB, Skyreach and Everbloom because I think those are the easiest.

phierce

Dude, press "I" and join a group there. Unless you suck, no one in the groups even types a word 99% of the time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, you have to do pretty horribly, do a stupid mistake like pulling 3 groups with Barrage, or be an asshole for people to even bother typing more than "Hi".

Rambaldi

What's your ilevel? I was able to get some competent Mythic groups using the finder as a 705 dps to get 3 of 5 trinkets so far, using the same toon. I was only doing Auch, SMB, Skyreach and Everbloom because I think those are the easiest.

My ilvl is 708 but I'm not concerned enough to run with people I don't know. I'm not joking when I say there is some anxiety in random grouping for me.

Dude, press "I" and join a group there. Unless you suck, no one in the groups even types a word 99% of the time.

See above. I just don't want to play with assholes on the internet. Clearly you and I have had different experiences in the game which is great for you but I don't have the time or patience to deal with abusive players. It stresses me out even if their abuse isn't directed at me.

Tenebrous

My ilvl is 708 but I'm not concerned enough to run with people I don't know. I'm not joking when I say there is some anxiety in random grouping for me.

See above. I just don't want to play with assholes on the internet. Clearly you and I have had different experiences in the game which is great for you but I don't have the time or patience to deal with abusive players. It stresses me out even if their abuse isn't directed at me.

Why not team up with some gaffers? I've always been a terribly anxious person, but over the past 6 months, I've kinda managed to open up a bit.

EU/US, Horde/Alliance?

strafer

I wonder... you just have to log in for the transmog shit, right? You don't actually need an active sub? I'd love to hop on a level 20 and grab them, but if you need to be subbed I doubt I'd bother just for them.

If they are in the mail you need a sub because you cant use mail on trial.

Jag

I wonder... you just have to log in for the transmog shit, right? You don't actually need an active sub? I'd love to hop on a level 20 and grab them, but if you need to be subbed I doubt I'd bother just for them.

Once it hits your mail, you have 30 days until it deletes. Not sure what happens to mail when unsubbed though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if it tracks the movie reward stuff if you have the FOS even if you don't have the items when the transmog feature launches . I would think so, but you never know.

Only really interested in Gul'Dan's staff. And I'm worried it'll look too small.

ampere

I'll probably get the items and add them to my collection, but never use them lol. If I play Alliance again in the future I could see myself wanting to xmog that sword and shield on a Paladin, but got Prot Paladin is so dull now.

they could also be added to the heirloom tab...who knows

They're BoA, but not heirlooms and the wardrobe isn't going to be in game yet.

There is a two month login window to get them though, and the pre-patch might be ready in 2 months so people could likely resub for that and get em. My estimate anyway

JSoup

Banned
I'll probably get the items and add them to my collection, but never use them lol. If I play Alliance again in the future I could see myself wanting to xmog that sword and shield on a Paladin, but got Prot Paladin is so dull now.

They're BoA, but not heirlooms and the wardrobe isn't going to be in game yet.

There is a two month login window to get them though, and the pre-patch might be ready in 2 months so people could likely resub for that and get em. My estimate anyway

Since the new transmog system will be account wide, there isn't an issue with these promotional items being on a low level toon. Given that, when they become available, log in on a sub-20 and get them, no sub required.

phierce

Since the new transmog system will be account wide, there isn't an issue with these promotional items being on a low level toon. Given that, when they become available, log in on a sub-20 and get them, no sub required.
Like said above, if they come in the mail, you can't check mail on a free account.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pile of butts.

I'm going to mostly be demo on my lock anyway though, so staff transmog isn't much of a consideration anyway.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
lol I was wondering that too. The majority of the movie is going to take place in southern Eastern Kingdoms and I can't place that shot at all.

TheYanger

That's southshore/gilneas/dalaran/etc. Bottom right with the snow is dwarfland. Has to be that area, only location that looks remotely like that.

Anoregon

Ah, yeah that works. I forgot Gilneas had that peninsula that juts out northwest.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh, I've been farming off-and-on for the heirlooms and had zero drop over 2 months now. Just bad luck I guess, but I'll have to fit time in for them - at least it'll help with ring levels.

ZenaxPure

The green island at the bottom of the picture looks like Kul Tiras (island with a really long peninsula thing sticking out) so I'd agree. Also the left part of the map is very much Gilneas, the center of it is where the main town is located in game.

Map from chronicle (which actually has Kul Tiras on it) for comparison.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Chances of getting a skilled scribe in a 5-man random willing to drop something of even less-than-moderate value for a group of puggers?

From the actual blue post:

"And so, alongside removing the respec cost, that same upcoming build will also restrict the ability to change talents when away from a safe area (defined as an area that provides the Rested state). We currently plan to give Scribes a recipe to craft a consumable Tome that can be dropped in order to allow all nearby players to retalent freely for a time - particularly useful for group play. "

That doesnt sound like something that is scribe only.

ampere

Looks like Warlords of Draenor has been added to the base game. Makes sense to do it before the movie promo

Ugh, I've been farming off-and-on for the heirlooms and had zero drop over 2 months now. Just bad luck I guess, but I'll have to fit time in for them - at least it'll help with ring levels.

Those drop rates suck ass. Took me months to get all 5

Good luck

cdyhybrid

From the actual blue post:

"And so, alongside removing the respec cost, that same upcoming build will also restrict the ability to change talents when away from a safe area (defined as an area that provides the Rested state). We currently plan to give Scribes a recipe to craft a consumable Tome that can be dropped in order to allow all nearby players to retalent freely for a time - particularly useful for group play. "

That doesnt sound like something that is scribe only.
They've already said they intend to make it hard enough to craft that not everyone will have one on them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They don't know what they want to do. It's a dumb choice, and they're going to fall back on it before launch because progression guilds are going to require them which means all the would-be mythic guilds will require them. And if demand doesn't match supply, Blizzard is going to step in

Yeah I'm missing the agility BoA still. Hope to get it soon (maybe this week?!) as I have all the other ones. And obviously I need it for my future Demon Hunter.

And neat that WoD was added to the base game. Got a spare key in my email somewhere that I might be giving to a friend.

Top Bottom