• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's done
DHIaAty.jpg
Dragons and their drama are weird.

Hold up guys, we don't have our Mage and/or Warlock tonight, so RIP respeccing!

:p

I dunno, solution seems reasonable to me. We need more interesting consumable items tbh. They said it would be somewhat expensive, but it could be like, Drums of Rage level? Not everyone carries those around. And I mean really, in a raid environment you would only need one guy to have a stack of these or whatever since they'd work like soulwells or the old Cata flask cauldrons.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable price for such a consumable? 500g? 1000g? Less? More? I don''t think they'd cost more than 1000g a pop, and split 20 ways that'd only be 50g a person for a given boss, which is probably less than you're spending on repair bills. Fund them from the guild bank and you're good to go.

cdyhybrid

Hold up guys, we don't have our Mage and/or Warlock tonight, so RIP respeccing!

:p

I dunno, solution seems reasonable to me. We need more interesting consumable items tbh. They said it would be somewhat expensive, but it could be like, Drums of Rage level? Not everyone carries those around. And I mean really, in a raid environment you would only need one guy to have a stack of these or whatever since they'd work like soulwells or the old Cata flask cauldrons.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable price for such a consumable? 500g? 1000g? Less? More? I don''t think they'd cost more than 1000g a pop, and split 20 ways that'd only be 50g a person for a given boss, which is probably less than you're spending on repair bills.
It's not the price itself. It's the fact that it's just unnecessary inconvenience. They might as well just charge gold. Progression guilds are going to have these stocked so it won't be a big deal for them.

God help you if you PUG though, it's hard enough to get randoms to not stand in the fire, much less hearth to Dalaran and get back in a timely fashion after every boss.

Tacitus_

It's their reasoning that's the most bizarre thing about this. If they're so worried about people switching talents between every pack, put a short cooldown on it, like Diablo does. 30-60s cooldown on talent switching after combat discourages switching between packs but allows you to setup for bossess.

And if they want a gold cost, the Tomes were completely reasonable...

That's done

Dragons and their drama are weird.

Aweosme man grats. That brings back some fond memories, I was one of the first 100 people in the US to obtain the fangs back in the day the official site did a post listing them and everything... I'm going to go look that up right now and see if its still there...

Oh wow yep still there!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4592760/cataclysm-recap-video-legendary-rogue-4-11-2012

Just search for Anza or Zuluhed. That was so awesome back in the day!

Rambaldi

Why not team up with some gaffers? I've always been a terribly anxious person, but over the past 6 months, I've kinda managed to open up a bit.

EU/US, Horde/Alliance?

I mean, I guess that's fine. I'm not super outgoing at first but if people here want to play I guess I can tag along.

US/Horde/Death Knight
ProphetFive#1343

erawsd

It's their reasoning that's the most bizarre thing about this. If they're so worried about people switching talents between every pack, put a short cooldown on it, like Diablo does. 30-60s cooldown on talent switching after combat discourages switching between packs but allows you to setup for bossess.

And if they want a gold cost, the Tomes were completely reasonable...

Yeah this pretty much just makes talents meaningful for the most meaningless content.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really trying to transition from my DK to my Warlock full time, so I'm raiding on both. My DK is starting Mythics, but I'm running in some heroic guild on my Warlock to get some gear so I can switch to him down the road. Kinda hard to do though. All the guilds are pretty much pushing Mythic and only want Mythic geared players or you can drop into Heroic Guilds that aren't making much progress and you have to do the scum Kara guild BC thing and get gear then hop somewhere better

Disabled for now. But the way the tweet was worded made it sound like it would be back later on with a fresh coat of paint.

Last time they reintroduced it with the exact same smelly coat

ZenaxPure

Last time they reintroduced it with the exact same smelly coat

Don't have to tell me? I dislike what they did with the Brawler's Guild in WoD, really disappointing for a multitude of reasons. That's why I'm pretty okay with them just turning it off for Legion and maybe bringing it back later instead of just doing what they did with WoD again.

Shahadan

Disabled for now. But the way the tweet was worded made it sound like it would be back later on with a fresh coat of paint.

My guess is we'll never see it again, but if we do it'll be in the last patch or something.
Which is a better way to do things imo.

WoD had it right from the start and they didn't bother or have time to do new things. Also it sounds more fun to me when you can't overgear it by a large margin.

They'll probably overhaul it anyway since in the end not many people even bothered playing it.

Daniel R

So, what is on your to-do lists before Legion hits?

This is my list in no particular order

1. Get the two fishing mounts from Draenor
2. Win the Stranglethorn fishing contest
3. Get the last two pets from Celestial tournament
4. Farm Invincible and the two mounts from Firelands
5. Get 10 million gold (almost there)
6. Farm the last Zandalari Warbringer mount
7. Timeless Isle and Tanaan achievements
8. Get the last Saberclaw mount and the 2nd timewalking mount (next event I will be done)
9. Try to get the infinite timereaver mount
10. 2x archeology mounts
11. Farm all toys from rare mobs in Pandaria + Draenor
12. Get the remaining toys from Argent Tournament
13. Get the last heirloom trinket from mythics
14. Gather mats for all tomes of illusion

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I am losing the will to log in daily to do my 5 garrisons.

I'm up to a point where I think once I reach 1 million gold, i'll pretty much stop doing them. Simple task for some, but it's taking me months since I'm only getting my gold through them right now. I don't even bother "playing" the AH, or soloing 25H cata raids.

Only 120k to go.

ampere

Only thing on my to-do list was to finish the Bigger Bag achievement on the Timeless Isle. I only need the crab and snake pets, but it's so miserable farming for them I gave up

Jag

Got 8 100s but only 3 gold producing Garrisons. Not sure I want to shell out the time and money to crank the others up to gold generating levels.

Also just resubbed again, so my priority is earning another 50k to pay for this months sub! Getting really bored of Cata raids.

Tenebrous

Yeah it's probably not worth it at this point.

Trying to think of what I could realistically farm before Legion... 23-24k achievement points, Invincible, some more max level Alliance toons. That's it, really.

Daniel R

Blizzard is looking into realm-hopping and the problems it creates for some people trying to form a group. I saw a blue post about it the other week.

I am not taking any chances, and am actively trying to farm things that are made easier with realm-hopping.

Kuntz

8. Get the last Saberclaw mount and the 2nd timewalking mount (next event I will be done)
10. 2x archeology mounts

Your list looks like mine, except mine is wayyy longer and it made me lose any kind of willpower left in me when the thought of doing this alone for the next months crossed my mind.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I have no plans for the rest of the expansion. Just to keep prorgressing through Mythic HFC with 1-night a week group I run with and maybe get Archi down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to get some transmog stuff from the WoD raids in general. The mythic HFC DK & Lock sets, all three color variants of the burning blade from BRF, the mythic lock set from BRF, a Imperator kill to finish my Savage Hero

that's about it. I'd like to get Archimonde Mythic down down the road as well. oh and hit gold cap

JSoup

Banned
Finish up fishing rep.
Finish up current archaeology.
Finish up that pet tournament thing while the fel stones are still easy to get.
Finish up all that I can stand of Brawlers Guild before it vanishes.

idlewild_

pretty sure that's gorefiend

I've been slacking a bit the past month or so, but my list consists of:
1. 5m+ gold (very close)
2. M Archi mount
3. Invincible/Mim's head/Ashes farm
4. Argent Tournament dailies (3 mounts left)
5. Slithide mount (last Draenor rare mount I need)
6. Invasion mounts (still need the elekk one)
7. Fishing mount

I really need to start doing the invasions on some of my alts every week, currently only doing them on my main.

Jag

Finish up all that I can stand of Brawlers Guild before it vanishes.

Just finished it for the second time. First time I forgot to buy the mount, so I had to get back to max rank again.

Some tips to save time and money if you just want to blow through it and one shot it.
- use a guide and read the boss fights first. Some are gimmicky and you will save time knowing the gimmicks. Icy-Veins is best but its missing a few bosses so use the Wowhead guide.
-Use the burstiest gear you have. All fights have 2min enrage timer you can't survive for more than a few seconds. You can pre-pot too using the cheap pots they sell.
-Ranged is slightly better than melee on some fights. You can brute force it on melee, but ranged gets to skip some of the mechanics.
-Do it on off hours. Morning or late night. It's annoying to wait in line!
-Spec to the fight. Most fights don't require it, but some respeccing can help.

The only fight I had an issue with is the last one. Finally watched a video and read some class specific strats. Got it down after about 8 tries.

ZenaxPure

Only WoD thing I am still trying to do is finish the plate LFR set from HFC (I've finished the other 3 and have most of the weapons). LFR gear is a nightmare to farm for transmog once the expansion is over and personally I like how all 4 of those sets look (especially the leather one, one of my favorite sets in a while).

Oh actually now that I think about it I need to also clean out my banks since I have a lot of items that are going to have no value when Legion comes out but sell okay right now (like armor/weapon upgrade items).

Fjordson

10. 2x archeology mounts
Mainly just making money on my Garrisons and leveling my mage and warlock to 100.

I also kill Sha of Anger on a few different characters every week for the mount, but chances are I won't be done doing that before Legion.

cdyhybrid

Just farming mounts mostly. PUGing HFC Heroic to gear up my DK, killing Kazzak on a bunch of characters for Felblight since I'm crafted three leather armor pieces for my DH (almost done).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm almost tempted to buy a 'moose run' on my lock just to try and get Heroic Edicht despite already killing Heroic Archimonde every week on my DK

Get the Loremaster title.
Getting all questing and exploration achievements on one toon. (Eastern Kingdom is done, Kalimdor has 4 zones left).
Play through Cata and MoP finally.
Farm the Insane title.
Start saving 2 million gold for that spider mount.

A lot of these goals are mainly so I'll stick with one toon, this Gnome Priest I rolled after switching to a west coast realm. I played a lot of alts in WoD but since I had to level almost all of them to 90, I only got three to 100 with fully kitted out garrisons before getting burned out on Draenor. I don't want to make the same mistake with Artifacts and Legion.

Top Bottom