• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

TheYanger

Haven't paid any attention to Legion news since it was announced.

How are Survival Hunters panning out?

I would suspect they'll always be marginally underpowered, just because of the shitshow if the 'best' hunter spec is melee and those hunter mains feel forced into it.

I think the actual gameplay of it is super fun. It's all about bursting Mongoose bites and then pooling for the nest burst. Plus you get reverse death grip which is super fun.

I think it does a good job of making you feel like 'melee with a pet' as well, probably moreso than unholy DK.

I don't really have any goals at the moment. My main concern is deciding on what to focus on in Legion. Finding a spec that is fun and works for me while also being happy with how the artifact is displayed.

erawsd

My goal is to just get through as much of my backlog as possible since WoW usually keeps me from playing other games, unless its something Im super hyped for.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Of course, obligatory GoT reference.(Mage class hall)
taLMDGJ.jpg

Wonder if there's more GoT references. Probably. :p

Azzurri

Haven't played Beta, but watching and reading changes to Destro lock sucks, doesn't seem fun at all.

Looks like I'm gonna try out Frost or Unholy DK.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Haven't played Beta, but watching and reading changes to Destro lock sucks, doesn't seem fun at all.

Looks like I'm gonna try out Frost or Unholy DK.

Demo warlock has the perfect ability spot for metamorphosis called demonic empowerment.

But instead of having that awesome transformation ability, I just cast for a second and some eyes appear above my head and my demons are buffed for a little bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I was working on Loremaster. I've done it all on my Shaman so far. I was working on Outlands and figured I would hope overo n my DK to do Blade's Edge on my DK just to spice it up.

It does not track progress for the Meta on other characters. I'm not talking like '50/100' quests. I'm talking like the zones itself. Even though I did Terrorkar on my Shaman and GOT the achievement. When I pull up Loremaster of Outlands, it does not have Terrorkar marked off

Holy fuck this game is dumb sometimes

Daniel R

I've also been casually working on loremaster, but it's so fucking boring.

Doing it before Cataclysm was painful, not boring.
I got that achievement 2010-03-21. I had to check when that was in the timeline and it was the month after the Lich King was made available.

Zelias

Banned
Doing it before Cataclysm was painful, not boring.
I got that achievement 2010-03-21. I had to check when that was in the timeline and it was the month after the Lich King was made available.
Heh, yeah. I did it during Wrath and it was painful at times. Ended up getting an addon to track quests I hadn't yet found. Outland Nagrand is presumably still a pain as I remember quest chains starting outside the zone and such.

Heh, yeah. I did it during Wrath and it was painful at times. Ended up getting an addon to track quests I hadn't yet found. Outland Nagrand is presumably still a pain as I remember quest chains starting outside the zone and such.

YUP. Actually just finished Outland Nagrand the other day and I had to pick up some stuff in SMV to unlock the demon hunter guy.

So I was working on Loremaster. I've done it all on my Shaman so far. I was working on Outlands and figured I would hope overo n my DK to do Blade's Edge on my DK just to spice it up.

It does not track progress for the Meta on other characters. I'm not talking like '50/100' quests. I'm talking like the zones itself. Even though I did Terrorkar on my Shaman and GOT the achievement. When I pull up Loremaster of Outlands, it does not have Terrorkar marked off

Holy fuck this game is dumb sometimes

No, you have the zone cleared achievement and it is cross-character. If you hover over the achievement points it shows which of your characters has it. Your shaman's name will appear credited with clearing it, the achievement just shows up as greyed out/unearned because the character you are currently playing hasn't completed it. You can expand the Loremaster achievement for Outland and see if your Shaman clearing the zones is credited there. Then you just have to clear the remainder on your DK and you should be good.

The achievement system is kind of clunky.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The action camera looks really, really awesome. I can't wait to run around with that on my fury warrior.

Tried it yesterday, it's cool, but i think I prefer having full control over the camera than this.

Could be useful to make nice screenshots though.

Tenebrous

I PUG. In a guild, but as a non-raiding member.

Disc then. Need less gear to be competitive.

The thread about the Action Camera kind of died off but I wanted to show/remind people of 2007's 'Action Camera' where you basically had unlimited control of the camera given a few (now removed) console commands. Skip to ~3:30 for the dramatic angles.

Same with the extra view distance. Used to be able to spank it up to ludicrous levels.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, you have the zone cleared achievement and it is cross-character. If you hover over the achievement points it shows which of your characters has it. Your shaman's name will appear credited with clearing it, the achievement just shows up as greyed out/unearned because the character you are currently playing hasn't completed it. You can expand the Loremaster achievement for Outland and see if your Shaman clearing the zones is credited there. Then you just have to clear the remainder on your DK and you should be good.

The achievement system is kind of clunky.

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not counting the zone being cleared as credited on my DK.

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not counting the zone being cleared as credited on my DK.

Okay, are the cleared zones you did on your Shaman showing up as checked off in the Outland Loremaster list when you expand the achievement? That's the only place cross-character progress for clearing zones is displayed, in the meta-achievement.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've been occupied with a few things so I have missed many of these beta key giveaways recently. Hopefully I can get an invite anyway.

Good luck to those who have entered any contest. I think the winners of Eurogamer's recent key giveaway will be notified today.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rösti;204112812 said:
I've been occupied with a few things.

0% of which involve upgrading the 386 you play WoW on

Fularu

Banned
Rösti;204112812 said:
I've been occupied with a few things so I have missed many of these beta key giveaways recently. Hopefully I can get an invite anyway.

Good luck to those who have entered any contest. I think the winners of Eurogamer's recent key giveaway will be notified today.

Will you get something that allows you to play WoW at beyond 640*480? :p

cdyhybrid

If you're talking about for Legion, Disc is really *weird*. I don't like it personally, but some folks do.

For on live right now, I'd say Disc for sure
A little bit of both. I plan to PUG HFC with it, but it will probably be the first healer I play in Legion (will be maining DH).

I like the fantasy (buzzwords lol) of Resto a bit more, but my impression is that Disc will be a little safer/less stressful/easier to pick up for someone new to healing- accurate?

ampere

I like the fantasy (buzzwords lol) of Resto a bit more, but my impression is that Disc will be a little safer/less stressful/easier to pick up for someone new to healing- accurate?

I'd say no to your last question, but Holy is actually pretty great and you could use the same toon. The Plea->Atonement application -> dps -> heal structure is kinda weird. I think they'll be fine in raids because different healers can have different niches, but in a 5 man it's pretty awkward and not fun imo. They still have a "Flash Heal" (Shadow Mend), but it ticks away for damage for 50% of the heal unless the target takes damage, so it's mostly just good for the tank.

Weird how? You're scaring me ;(

Atonement isn't passive, you have to manually apply it to targets. It feels weird, I don't like it. Holy is actually good now though, so you have a fallback.

f0rk

I've had a nostalgia trip for some reason and resubbed for a month, starting a new character. I haven't played since WotLK. What are the best redone leveling zones on horde side?

Fularu

Banned
I've had a nostalgia trip for some reason and resubbed for a month, starting a new character. I haven't played since WotLK. What are the best redone leveling zones on horde side?

Undead starting zone is great

I also like the unfolding Tauren questline with the Magtotem

cdyhybrid

I'd say no to your last question, but Holy is actually pretty great and you could use the same toon. The Plea->Atonement application -> dps -> heal structure is kinda weird. I think they'll be fine in raids because different healers can have different niches, but in a 5 man it's pretty awkward and not fun imo. They still have a "Flash Heal" (Shadow Mend), but it ticks away for damage for 50% of the heal unless the target takes damage, so it's mostly just good for the tank.

Atonement isn't passive, you have to manually apply it to targets. It feels weird, I don't like it. Holy is actually good now though, so you have a fallback.
What spec would you say is the best for someone new to healing then? If there's no answer (i.e. they're even) I'll probably just roll with Resto.

Shahadan

Undead side is cool. Also I don't remember the zone (hillsbrad?) but the whole quest chain putting you in the shoes of a quest giver has to be done at least once. So good.

I'm already in the Northern Barrens on a goblin warlock. The Crossroads is still under attack apparently.

Durotar > Northern Barrens > Ashenvale > Stone Talon Mountains has a nice build up from the mundane of Durotar to joining a Horde warband in Stone Talon Mountains. Stone Talon Mountains was redone for Cataclysm, I believe, and has an awesome story arc on the Horde side. It's a slow burn, that will start off being fairly familiar but will end pretty epically by the conclusion of Stone Talon Mountains. It's one of my favourite 1-60 leveling experiences Horde-side outside of rolling a Forsaken.

Edit: Nice, you rolled a Goblin, that starter area is pretty great too. I love how ridiculous it is. There's lots of nice call backs to it and the NPCs you met there in Azshara, Northern Stranglethorn and Tanaris.

ampere

What spec would you say is the best for someone new to healing then? If there's no answer (i.e. they're even) I'll probably just roll with Resto.

I haven't healed that much this expac other than Mistweaver (which takes some getting used to), but Resto Druid is probably a safe starting spot. Or Resto Shaman. Shaman isn't hard and rewards you for healing lower health players, kinda cool.

cdyhybrid

I haven't healed that much this expac other than Mistweaver (which takes some getting used to), but Resto Druid is probably a safe starting spot. Or Resto Shaman. Shaman isn't hard and rewards you for healing lower health players, kinda cool.
Alright, cool, thanks for the advice. Now to choose between those two :p

Also decided to start gearing up my Lock as well. Gul'dan movie staff too good.

Tenebrous

Got my damage best performance average upto 84, with Council, Kilrogg & Iskar being my weakest... Shame we won't be doing those again for a while (Iskar aside).

Top Bottom