• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

Alright, cool, thanks for the advice. Now to choose between those two :p

Also decided to start gearing up my Lock as well. Gul'dan movie staff too good.

More like Demo's floating skull and Destro's Sargeras staff too good. I actually want to level a Warlock to get those

Rösti;204135627 said:
You think there will be a new invite wave today?

New build =/= new invite wave necessarily

ampere

So a Discipline Priest's Atonement in Legion is now sort of like Holy Paladin's Beacon of Light?

Not quite like that

Atonement is applied by PW: Shield, Plea, and a few other spells (there's one that applies it to a few targets), and Atonement lasts about 20 seconds. All targets with Atonement get healed when you deal damage. So you have to maintain the buff on people you want to heal. I didn't like the gameplay personally

On one hand that sounds overly-busy but on the other it sounds kind of neat that you can specifically apply the buff to targets you want to heal in light damage phases while nuking mobs.

Jag

New beta build today. For those who want to "participate" in the beta, maybe today will be your chance!

Any beta contests? I know Wowhead runs one. Won a key last year. Yay, more WoD. Thought other sites would have them too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Any beta contests? I know Wowhead runs one. Won a key last year. Yay, more WoD. Thought other sites would have them too.
There was one Eurogamer had this week. I've seen some giveaways on Twitch too, I was in one today but didn't get a key.

XenodudeX

Wowhead is doing 500 keys next week. Thinking about (ugh) resubbing to get the at least one of the achievements in Tanaan Jungle.

I know a team who does it for 200k on Thrall (if you can move the gold, which isn't really hard)

Eh I'm not too fussed. Could do that with like, Hatesparks I guess, but I already have my reservation in sorta. 100k extra isn't that much tbh.

In a Hyrdra Ashran group now and it's so goddamn boring. :/ EZ rewards I guess. Trying to farm up my bones/nemesis shit.

Daniel R

Will Ashran be open and populated by lvl 110s in Legion so people can finish their achievements?

What will happen witht he Gladiator's Sanctum. I am pretty sure bones will no longer drop so what will they come up with instead to not make this building useless.

Just Felwood and Winterspring left and then all of the 1-60 questing and exploration achievements are done on this Priest. I can finally move on to The Burning Crusade. I may be a little burned out on Outland but at least I can start collecting some decent Cloth and Staff transmogs.

Tenebrous

Stupidly newbie Balance druid question - Is there an addon that tells you whether you should be casting Starfall or Wrath? I'm usually pretty good at guessing the right one when the bar is moving in the opposite direction, but during lust, I've mistimed a few, honestly.

That said, this toon doesn't even have 3 days /played (1 day 9 hours at 100) with iLvl 708... Guess I COULD just practice, but nah - Addon, please!

Shahadan

Stupidly newbie Balance druid question - Is there an addon that tells you whether you should be casting Starfall or Wrath? I'm usually pretty good at guessing the right one when the bar is moving in the opposite direction, but during lust, I've mistimed a few, honestly.

That said, this toon doesn't even have 3 days /played (1 day 9 hours at 100) with iLvl 708... Guess I COULD just practice, but nah - Addon, please!

So hardcore :eek:

Robin64

Oh, we know how to get those Order Hall sets now.

Order Hall Sets are acquired by doing different things in Legion.

Helm - simple Order Hall quest
Wrists - Recruit 6 Champions for Order Hall.
Gloves - Honored with Nightfallen.
Leggings - Revered with 3 Broken Isles reputations.
Feet - Defeat the final boss of every Legion Dungeon.
Chest - Complete your Class Order Campaign.
Belt - Earn 50,000 Artifact Power.
Shoulders - Exalted with the Nightfallen.

Tenebrous

You'd think after getting the Ashbringer they'd at least give my Paladin a set to look like everyone else, but nooooo.

Looks like a decent lil list of things to do, though. Is the Nightfallen faction the one from that endgame story zone?

f0rk

Stranglethorn, Stonetalon Mountains or Arathi Highlands at level 25? Leaning towards Stranglethorn as I remember the original most

Robin64

Stranglethorn, Stonetalon Mountains or Arathi Highlands at level 25? Leaning towards Stranglethorn as I remember the original most

Stonetalon has a cool new storyline you might want to check out and is probably the best experience of the three.

Arathi Highlands is the least changed of all zones.

Stranglethorn is kind of a mix. There are two zones now, so you never have to traverse the entire length of it like you did before. Some old quests are still in, some bits are updated, there's new geography and quests to go with it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I usually do both STV zones followed by both Plaguelands. It's a good chunk of levels.

Only have about 100 humans left for the Nemesis quest. But like, half of all opponents in Ashran are human. I must imagine the other races taking FOREVER.

Yeah...once you get to Goblins, Pandaren or Worgen you will have a bad time. Might as well look for groups that do it.

Protip - if you are in a group with other people on the same nemesis quest you get double credit. So 5 people in a group, 5 per kill

Just coming back to WoW. I purchased Legion and used my lvl 100 boost on a Priest (always wanted 1!). I decided to go Disc as I hear it's pretty good right now. I know there's drastic changes to it in Legion but overall it seems like an interesting take on Disc, also Holy seems to be going back to it's roots.

Any advice for me? I logged in and see I'm iLVL 640. What's a good healing/shield rotation? Should I jump straight into healing Heroic Dungeons? Will I be fine with the gear supplied to me?

I followed an Icy Veins guide on talents to select, is that a good idea? I also planned to follow their Glyph guide.

Excuse the ignorance, it's just been way too long and I'm so out of the loop.

ZenaxPure

Will Ashran be open and populated by lvl 110s in Legion so people can finish their achievements?

What will happen witht he Gladiator's Sanctum. I am pretty sure bones will no longer drop so what will they come up with instead to not make this building useless.

They said a while back they plan to support it in Legion and update it to level 110 and stuff so you can continue to go there if you want. Don't see any reason bones would stop dropping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People always say the best time to find a raiding guild is at the end of the expansion because there's not as many people playing and they need to fill in spots.

And maybe it's just my Horde server, but I don't think I've seen a single raiding guild ad in trade that doesn't say 'Mythic Ready'

idlewild_

People always say the best time to find a raiding guild is at the end of the expansion because there's not as many people playing and they need to fill in spots.

And maybe it's just my Horde server, but I don't think I've seen a single raiding guild ad in trade that doesn't say 'Mythic Ready'

Eh, 'Mythic Ready' is a pretty vague. I'm sure most 6-9/13M guilds that are looking for people would jump on someone with decent logs, 4 set, ring and 720+ ilvl even if they didn't have mythic exp.

Daniel R

They said a while back they plan to support it in Legion and update it to level 110 and stuff so you can continue to go there if you want. Don't see any reason bones would stop dropping.

What will the bones give though? No pvp gear and no conquest, because those will not exist anymore right?

ampere

Check guilds on wowprogress and filter for what you want, then apply. That's really your best bet.

We've recruited a number of people near the end of the tier, and our officers are talking to everyone to see how many people "might" or "will likely" quit raiding in Legion so they know how much more recruiting to do. I'd imagine other guilds are in similar situations

ZenaxPure

What will the bones give though? No pvp gear and no conquest, because those will not exist anymore right?

No idea what the bones will give. Gold?

As for conquest, gear, and so on they haven't really said how all that will work in relation to Ashran, all they said is that they will continue to support it for level 110 players.

On the beta Ashran appears as a thing you can queue for in the honor tab but it won't let me queue for it at level 100, says I need to be a higher level.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Female gnome shadow priest. I need name ideas. Chromie in HOTS kind of got me on the urge to make a female gnome

Check guilds on wowprogress and filter for what you want, then apply. That's really your best bet.

We've recruited a number of people near the end of the tier, and our officers are talking to everyone to see how many people "might" or "will likely" quit raiding in Legion so they know how much more recruiting to do. I'd imagine other guilds are in similar situations

Eh, 'Mythic Ready' is a pretty vague. I'm sure most 6-9/13M guilds that are looking for people would jump on someone with decent logs, 4 set, ring and 720+ ilvl even if they didn't have mythic exp.

Well, I'm thinking more of my characters that are catching up. I haven't found issue at all with my DK getting trials for Mythic Guilds despite only having 3/13M experience now and only being 723 ilvl(due to valor more than anything)

But like my Warlock still doesn't have the ring and I never see guilds recruiting for Heroic runs. And even then, if guilds are doing heroic runs still this late in the expansion, you have to wonder how long they've been stuck on heroic or what the long-term future is for them. And I also don't want to join a guild like that, take loot, then hop off to a Mythic guild. And upgrading the ring alone is a massive time investment. Getting the ring is nothing compared to getting it to max level.

idlewild_

Eh, you might be able to get away without having the ring on a healer, but it makes too big of a difference for dps. You can certainly pug heroic until you catch up on gear and get a ring, looking at my mage it took me roughly: 2x clears of heroic, 1x clear of normal, and 2.5 clears of lfr to get up to 723 ilvl + 4 set + the ring. I did the tier bosses multiple times in the same week just to try bonus rolling the tier set pieces. All of this was done in pugs found through the group finder. Legion is not until August 30th, you can easily have any class you want mythic ready and in a guild by early July if you start today.

Top Bottom