• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Strimei

It's huge though, which is nice. It and the shield make a very distinct pair. And the staff is pretty nice too. But everyone is complaining about how generic the axe is. I feel like they only made the axe so that both sides got two items.

I'm still kinda surprised the axe isn't Durotan's frostwolf axe model. That isn't used anywhere, and its a real nice model. But I guess it isn't in the movie. But it would've been sweet.

I'm also really jealous of the staff. I want that on my warlock and mage (I have some warlock-y transmog sets), but I play Alliance.

Sword and shield are nice, though. And the shield's bloody huge.

cdyhybrid

I'm still kinda surprised the axe isn't Durotan's frostwolf axe model. That isn't used anywhere, and its a real nice model. But I guess it isn't in the movie. But it would've been sweet.

I'm also really jealous of the staff. I want that on my warlock and mage (I have some warlock-y transmog sets), but I play Alliance.

Sword and shield are nice, though. And the shield's bloody huge.
Yeah, the axe is a little underwhelming, though I'm not really a fan of 1H Axes in general, but the rest of the items are great.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Here is a video of the pre-cata stormwind park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMq8j4Al75Q

Oh man, thanks. I can understand how people can be bummed about the Legion's park rebuild now. Although the remade park fits better when taking the Cata destruction into account.

OT, but I miss the hell out of the adventure of old WoW. One of my most anticipated parts of Legion is actually the max level zone that will have the full story driven quest line. Can't remember the name right now.

Tenebrous

Weird, I got the Horde FoS but not the Alliance one... Can you only get one?
Edit: Never mind, a relog did it.

Beta still isn't working for me...

cdyhybrid

Awww yeah...

EHZhEMI.jpg

Fularu

Banned
Looks like Blizzard has started the leveling tuning process.

Damage nerfs, health regenaration nerfs, mobs deal more damage and so one below level 20. They also warn it's the first step, it's going to be interesting

Fularu

Banned
About 2 and a half hours.

Nah it was blood and brewmaster. With the brew going WW sometimes I think. Other carrier was enhance shaman. And then me (frost DK) plus a warrior.

This is the usual setup because they can totally cheese half the fights with the agility trinket from HFC, it's prety ridiculous.

Edit : Sorry about that double post :(

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So because of how quests and leveling work in Legion it may be advantageous to save turn-ins for when you are higher level. Rewards will go up 10 ilevels so if you are a bar or two away from ding and have a few other quests without gear rewards, complete the item quest after you level.

ZenaxPure

Damage nerfs, health regenaration nerfs, mobs deal more damage and so one below level 20. They also warn it's the first step, it's going to be interesting

I'm glad they are adding modern QoL changes as well such as (finally!) shared tagging for named mobs (though this seems mostly irrelevant with Legion so close) and re-spawning at the dungeon entrance when you release instead of outside at a graveyard.

Seems like good changes all around though can't say it will effect me much. Next time I level a character from 1 will be if a new race gets added I want to play.

Granadier

This is so good to see. Hopefully the trend continues throughout the rest of the leveling experience. Make it more interesting.

Granadier

Yeah, that's the one thing I don't like about playing as short races. In the Legion beta the sword that comes with the Protection artifact also goes into the ground.

This is really the only reason I've avoided playing as a dwarf. I think the race is really cool, but the clipping would nothing me too much unfortunately.

Your mog looks top notch though.

Sölf

Has anyone already tested the changed 1-20 mob damage/health? I really like that they start adressing this, so soon even. Even if it's only 1-20 so far.

Zelias

Banned
My Horde main is a DK and my old Alliance main before I went back to Horde was a Priest so these transmog items are completely the wrong faction for me. Got plenty of alts who can use the transmogs though.

And speaking of alts and transmog the Legion Wardrobe addon is a godsend.

Tenebrous

The beta is starting to upset me... Well, what they've done to Warriors, at least.

In previous expansions, I'd never entertain the idea of swapping mains, but Legion prot warrior gameplay seems to be beyond help at this point. Absolutely nothing about it is an improvement on WoD gameplay (except perhaps the max range on heroic leap being easy to reach). If they reverted to WoD gameplay with lower figures to get us that healer dependance they so crave, I'd be happy enough with another 18 months of doing exactly what I'm doing now.

Blood DK, by comparison... So many cool talents. A much more interesting, less spammy rotation. It actually feels fun.

But I'm a Warrior...

But DKs are fun...

But I'm a fucking Warrior!

"Yeah but we suck."

Yeah.

Am I a Death Knight?

Granadier

Sölf;204609249 said:
Has anyone already tested the changed 1-20 mob damage/health? I really like that they start adressing this, so soon even. Even if it's only 1-20 so far.

Yep, it's improved. Even with heirlooms some of the mobs take time to kill. I'm going to remove heirlooms today and see how much different it is from before.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The beta is starting to upset me... Well, what they've done to Warriors, at least.

In previous expansions, I'd never entertain the idea of swapping mains, but Legion prot warrior gameplay seems to be beyond help at this point. Absolutely nothing about it is an improvement on WoD gameplay (except perhaps the max range on heroic leap being easy to reach). If they reverted to WoD gameplay with lower figures to get us that healer dependance they so crave, I'd be happy enough with another 18 months of doing exactly what I'm doing now.

Blood DK, by comparison... So many cool talents. A much more interesting, less spammy rotation. It actually feels fun.

But I'm a Warrior...

But DKs are fun...

"Yeah but we suck."

Yeah.

Am I a Death Knight?

Haven't really tested Prot warrior yet in the beta, only Fury(which i prefer over WoD), what's so bad about Prot?

ampere

Sölf;204609249 said:

The most important part of that hotfix was lowbie dungeon respawns being moved to inside the dungeon. No more "idk how 2 run back where is dungen"

Lanrutcon

But I'm a Warrior...

But DKs are fun...

"Yeah but we suck."

Yeah.

Am I a Death Knight?

I'm going to make a prediction here:

Almost every single spec in the game is going to be headlining "Yeah but we suck" for the first month of legion.

Too much has changed for this to be a comfortable transition.

Tenebrous

Haven't really tested Prot warrior yet in the beta, only Fury(which i prefer over WoD), what's so bad about Prot?

Uninteresting talents.
Rage generation is fucked (last stand/HP talents means you're generating less rage because rage is calculated on a health percentage basis)
Loss of abilities & higher CD on revenge/SS means we're spamming Devastate a lot.
Focused Rage (our heroic strike replacement?) is dogshit.
Artifact abiliity is frustrating to use.
There's no sense of choice anymore. On live, picking between Shield Block & Shield Barrier is something that is quite important to do. On beta, shield block is so cheap the choice isn't there, and throwing everything at ignore pain is seldom the wrong choice.

So yeah, less abilities, less choice, lower skill ceiling, boring talents, a shit artifact, and WotLK style rage regeneration where people are seriously suggesting taking off armor pieces to get more IPs off to take less damage... Like, what?

In every way, it's a step back from WoD, which itself is hardly amazing.

I'm going to make a prediction here:

Almost every single spec in the game is going to be headlining "Yeah but we suck" for the first month of legion.

Too much has changed for this to be a comfortable transition.

Blood DK is actually improved, and I've heard nothing but good things about Guardian Druids.

Going from Devastate/Shield Slam/Revenge/Execute/Heroic strike as our damaging single target abilities to Devastate/Shield Slam/Revenge is dull enough as it is, but add to that the longer CDs, and I'm just fucking bored hitting devastate to no effect.

Going from choice between Block/Barrier to just mashing IP because SS is so cheap is also a step backwards.

Losing our utility spells like Vigilance (not even a talent anymore) and Intimidating Shout also sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm nothing but a meat shield with no interesting gameplay tricks up my sleeve.

It's not about sucking. From what I've played, Warriors are actually pretty strong. It's just that the gameplay is so terrible in comparison to Warlords that I'm concerned they'll be able to turn it around in a few months. This isn't an isolated opinion, either.

Paladins are seemingly in a similar boat.

Jag

Another week of not getting the caster BoA.

I'm about to start running mythics on my warlock as well just to finally get the stupid thing

That's the last Heirloom I need as well. I got 4 of 5 on my Hunter, but thinking about switching to a caster class. From what I understand about how the drops work, I don't think a caster class has any greater chance of getting a drop since I only need one more. It will either drop or it won't regardless of class. At least that's what I think.

Tacitus_

That's the last Heirloom I need as well. I got 4 of 5 on my Hunter, but thinking about switching to a caster class. From what I understand about how the drops work, I don't think a caster class has any greater chance of getting a drop since I only need one more. It will either drop or it won't regardless of class. At least that's what I think.

You're guaranteed to get the one suited for your spec as the first one. Dunno if it works with multiple characters.

Jag

You're guaranteed to get the one suited for your spec as the first one. Dunno if it works with multiple characters.

Right, but does spec matter when you only have 1 left? I'm guessing the drop rate won't decrease if I run it off spec versus on.

ZenaxPure

Tried Unholy for the first time last night on the beta and was surprised how much fun I had with it. I just find something really satisfying in setting up diseases on dudes and then popping them seeing numbers fly all over the place. Had to fiddle with talents a bit though since you can make the spec pretty passive if you want (which at first I was and it was pretty boring).

ampere

I'm shocked to see that someone likes Legion Blood DK! But to each their own and if it's fun for you cool

Prot Warrior (and maybe Bear but it's so boring idgaf) is the only tank in Legion that feels mostly similar to live. Yes there are a lot of changes and many negative ones, but it's mostly intact.

Overall tanking in Legion is much sadness.

Granadier

How is hunter fairing in Legion?

---

Trying out a new character with zero heirlooms. The 1-20 changes are easily noticeable. It takes 4-5 attack cycles to down enemies now instead of one shooting everything.

Loxley

Just saw that "action cam" stuff from the Legion beta, man I would love for this to get some official implementation. Obviously for raids and PvP it wouldn't really be ideal since it narrows your view more than the default camera, but for questing and such it looks really fun.

Top Bottom