• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

How is hunter fairing in Legion?

Beast Mastery doesn't feel as fun as it currently is. You don't have Cobra Shot generating focus anymore and there's just a lot of downtime. Plus, they've lost some healing so survivability (for me, anyway) isn't as good. But their artifact is really neat and gives you an extra pet to have out.

Marksmanship, on the other hand, is a lot of fun. This is my first time actually playing it so I have no idea what it's like on live but I'm really enjoying it. They put out a ton of damage.

Survival is fun but the actual survivability is bad. It may be that I'm just not good at it yet but I find myself almost dying if I'm taking on more than one mob. I know they have crowd control but often times I start fighting a single mob and out of nowhere one or two more join and I get overwhelmed which usually results in feigning death to try and reset everything.

Also, I'm not a very skilled player at all so take all of this how you want, lol.

They have abilities like Aspect of the Turtle, Concussive Shot, Disengage, and Feign Death. Might even be others in the talents.

Edit: There's Binding Shot and Wyvern Sting in talents.

Jag

Saw this on Icy-Veins (a legit website) and thought I would pass it on:

Blizzard has heard your calls and is giving away TONS of keys for the Legion Beta! Read on to find out more info.

From May 24 until June 7, Blizzard is holding an official and 100% legitimate Legion Beta key giveaway. All you have to do is head to this site and answer the following two questions: who is the leader of the Burning Legion and how are Illidan’s twin warglaives called. Also, by liking on Facebook, following on Twitter or subscribing to World of Warcraft’s YouTube channel, you get an additional entry in the giveaway for each channel you follow.

According to the rules, Blizzard will give away a total of 5,200 Legion Beta keys, while the winners will be notified until June 30. Make sure to read these rules, as some countries and states are not eligible.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: This is a giveaway officially organised by Blizzard, not Icy Veins. We are just letting you know about it.
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/20919-blizzard-is-giving-away-52k-legion-beta-keys/

Surprised no other sites have picked this up yet.

Tacitus_

MMO-champion was also doing a giveaway like that, you had to go kill Illidan and upload a combat log of it. No additional chances for additional kills though.

Lanrutcon

Finally got the Kazzak trinkets on almost all my characters. Just my mage left. I am convinced these will be gold for soloing old content come Legion.

Jag

MMO-champion was also doing a giveaway like that, you had to go kill Illidan and upload a combat log of it. No additional chances for additional kills though.

I did that one, which was annoying because I had killed him a few days earlier. At least I got the Cursed Vision on a leather class.

Fjordson

Wait..who is the leader of The Burning Legion?

Was going to say Kil'Jaeden, but that's wrong isn't it? I guess it's Sargeras.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The left half of Windseeker's Bindings aren't any rarer than the right, right? Because holy fuck, I've never had this much bad luck with an item before. Even with how many times I did Invicible/Mimiron.

Tacitus_

Ahh, I'm glad I got the letters somewhat right.

Seriously though, tryna find a guild as a tank is seemingly impossible unless they're starting from scratch.

We could do with an extra tank (hell, extra anyone), but since we use Finnish in TS, our recruiting pool is a bit limited.

We did have an alt from a guy from.. I think Poland in MoP occasionally raiding with us. Though some of my guildies got him banned after convincing to name his character Negro in Finnish. We found out when an officer from his main guild came asking why is he banned >_>

Jag

Surely you have more than one character? Especially now with the level boosts.

Yeah, I have 10 100s, I just didn't want to have to run it again. I spent many many hours wiping in that place. The cash/time ratio sucks compared to farming Cata runs.

I actually ran it before the contest because I had just finished the Illidan book which took place inside BT.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

I'm always cautious about sites that ask for Battle.net info. I will wait to enter this one until I get a reply from Blizzard, or if any information on this is posted on Battle.net.

But thank you for mentioning this.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Rösti;204666183 said:
I'm always cautious about sites that ask for Battle.net info. I will wait to enter this one until I get a reply from Blizzard, or if any information on this is posted on Battle.net.

But thank you for mentioning this.

I mean, hopefully Blizzard were the ones that organized and created that site.
This is what the confirmation email looked like. (stitched together to get all info)
Seems like WishPond is just a company that facilitates things like this.
PzSvnDE.png

Jag

I mean, hopefully Blizzard were the ones that organized and created that site.
This is what the confirmation email looked like. (stitched together to get all info)
Seems like WishPond is just a company that facilitates things like this.

I didn't get the confirmation email, which I thought was odd.

Edit: The Icy Veins thread posted a confirmation from BlizzCS that it is legit.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I didn't get the confirmation email, which I thought was odd.

Edit: The Icy Veins thread posted a confirmation from BlizzCS that it is legit.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Good news!

Got Mythic Tier Pants, Unending Hunger Trinket, Iskar Bracers, and Hellrender tonight on my alt DK (that I'm now raiding with on another team to help them out as they've had DK issues). Up to 731 iLvl. Hopefully Xhul drops shoulders or I coin them - at +5 roll right now. Woulda killed him tonight but we had like a 4% wipe cause like 4 people got DCed on our best attempt. Then onto Mannoroth progression with this team.

Robin64

Ah, they nerfed exp from lowbie dungeons too, but didn't list it in the hotfixes. I'm okay with this, running one dungeon and finding all your quests are now grey was poo.

Blizzard said:
One additional bullet point that should have been in yesterday's hotfix notes is that we did reduce the experience from the dungeon "scenario" objectives for Classic dungeons (levels 15-58). Those awards were new as of Warlords, but for low-level dungeons they were largely were redundant with the numerous quests available inside each dungeon. Dungeons are intended to be rewarding, and they still are, but zoning into Deadmines and completing ~5 quests, plus the kill experience for everything, plus a couple more quests' worth of experience from the dungeon objectives, was overkill. When we looked at low-level dungeons and tried to understand what had changed to make them so much more lucrative over time, that bonus objective experience immediately stood out.

There wasn't any intent to hide this change (it's not a subtle change, and obviously it was immediately noticed). There were a total of 8 different hotfixes rolled out over the past week or two as part of this entire plan, and that one just slipped through the cracks when we were writing up the documentation of the changes.

Lanrutcon

Ah, they nerfed exp from lowbie dungeons too, but didn't list it in the hotfixes. I'm okay with this, running one dungeon and finding all your quests are now grey was poo.

Wow. Glad I leveled my characters then. Leveling should be quicker, not slower.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Blizzard only listened to the people who complained about the leveling experience rather than the people who just want to get through that shit asap then

Trying to decide if I wanna buy a Battered Hilt or attempt to farm one. They're up for 18k right now and the sword sorta matches my blood elf's transmog.

They aren't that bad to farm. Sometimes they pop up on the BMAH starting at 10k. Go into Pit of Saron, aggro the groups in front and rinse/repeat. I've got three of them, Alliance or I'd sell you one for cheap

Robin64

Wow. Glad I leveled my characters then. Leveling should be quicker, not slower.

Not at the cost of destroying content flow. It should be quicker for experienced players, and that's what heirlooms are for, but when the flow is off without heirlooms then something is wrong.

Lanrutcon

Not at the cost of destroying content flow. It should be quicker for experienced players, and that's what heirlooms are for, but when the flow is off without heirlooms then something is wrong.

Eh...you're right, but I'd go as far as to say that accounts with a max level character should be exempt from the new xp nerfs. I've done 1 - 60 like...11? 12? times now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So Blizzard only listened to the people who complained about the leveling experience rather than the people who just want to get through that shit asap then

The faster it is, the more easy, and mind numbing it is it goes from being a fun game to play to a dumb chore it actually becomes more enjoyable if they make it a little more engaging.

Tenebrous

Finally got Invincible (first kill of the week). Not much left for me to do now... Could do with some achievement farming buddies to do some tedious shit with.

Sölf

Considering each dungeon gave probably at least 1-2 levels with the quests it provided, I welcome this change. It's an error on their part that they missed listing this fix, but I can understand why it was changed, especially after Watcher's explanation.

They aren't that bad to farm. Sometimes they pop up on the BMAH starting at 10k. Go into Pit of Saron, aggro the groups in front and rinse/repeat. I've got three of them, Alliance or I'd sell you one for cheap

Yeah, I farmed for about an hour (which, albeit isn't that much, but still). I know they pop up on the BMAH, but I didn't feel like waiting days/weeks. So I said fuck it, I value my time/sanity more than my gold right now - I've done plenty of dumb grinds. Can poop out 18k in a couple days from garrisons anyway.

Apparently tier sets are back in LFR in Legion.

http://imgur.com/jUXx2kL

http://i.imgur.com/jUXx2kL.jpg

Never understood why they took that out in WoD.

WELP. Mandatory LFR again to complete tier bonuses quicker. Though the difference between normal and LFR for a decent group of raiders is minimal.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It sucks that it seems so hard to like, really figure out LFR from a design perspective. Making it almost entirely difficulty-free story mode with shit gear (WoD's version) serves a purpose, but also makes it even less appealing to people who were on the fence about it in the first place. Making it have lower ilvl versions of real raid gear and a modicum of difficulty (MoP version) leads to the potential for extreme frustration as you wipe 10+ times because half your raid is AFK or literally just doesn't know how to play the game at any level beyond solo questing.

I dunno. It's too bad LFR even has to exist. I don't mean "get rid of lfr, epix are for winners", I mean I wish the community was at a level (both skill and maturity/personality wise) where normal-difficulty pugs using the group finder were ubiquitous enough to make it obsolete. That certainly hasn't happened though, and the common requirement of needing higher ilvl gear than the raid even drops prevents it from ever getting close to that point.

ZenaxPure

I dunno. It's too bad LFR even has to exist. I don't mean "get rid of lfr, epix are for winners", I mean I wish the community was at a level (both skill and maturity/personality wise) where normal-difficulty pugs using the group finder were ubiquitous enough to make it obsolete. That certainly hasn't happened though, and the common requirement of needing higher ilvl gear than the raid even drops prevents it from ever getting close to that point.

I think it would be extremely easy to reach the skill part of that if they just turned normal mode into a thing where bosses only had like 1 mechanic you have to worry about. Just make that mechanic punishing but keep it simple. Thinking back to a fight like Thogar, the normal mode version of that should just be a patchwerk fight where you occasionally dodge trains (that can still one shot you). No need for the adds that require a specific kill priority or the electrical thing that requires you to move to specific spots to drop them off and keep them out of the raid, that is making it too complex for the low end of players.

Of course this does not solve the problem of the raid dropping say ilvl 800 gear but people won't take you unless you are like 810 ilvl. Not sure how to solve that one honestly.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=118405/shifting-felblade

This CM weapon grew on me after I learned it sheathed on the back as a 1-hander. Pretty much matches my HFC mythic tier.

And Quel'Delar is so damn tiny on a female blood elf. Hopefully they let you get the maces too for doing the quest-line when the wardrobe comes out, as they're technically a different quest. Would be dumb if I had to acquire another battered hilt to get those weapons.

Top Bottom