• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

JSoup

Banned
And Quel'Delar is so damn tiny on a female blood elf. Hopefully they let you get the maces too for doing the quest-line when the wardrobe comes out, as they're technically a different quest. Would be dumb if I had to acquire another battered hilt to get those weapons.

I recall it being said that since the Quel'Delar line is from a quest, we'll get all the version per standard.

Twitter said:
The drop rate on the archi mount is being reduced on the pre xpac patch ?
No - Mythic Archimonde and Blackhand’s mounts will become rare drops when Legion launches.

So....you're lowering the drop rate.......

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow. Glad I leveled my characters then. Leveling should be quicker, not slower.

Disagree. There are so many options now to increase the leveling speed for players that want to blast their way up to 100. (Or just buy their way)
But for players that want to enjoy the content and level slow, before it was impossible.

This is a very welcome change, and it's already had a significant impact on my enjoyment of leveling.

Jag

Disagree. There are so many options now to increase the leveling speed for players that want to blast their way up to 100. (Or just buy their way)
But for players that want to enjoy the content and level slow, before it was impossible.

This is a very welcome change, and it's already had a significant impact on my enjoyment of leveling.

My guess is they anticipate a wave of brand new players and don't want them burning through content too fast.

Lanrutcon

Like I said earlier, two modes ("I want slow" and "I've done this a zillion times before") would be ideal.

Plus, the new changes doesn't solve the low level dungeon issue: they're shit, because you get auto matched with people in heirlooms who just blaze through things anyway. If Bliz are serious about making the leveling experience meaningful again, then they need to add a "Random without heirlooms" option to the dungeon finder.

Tacitus_

Like I said earlier, two modes ("I want slow" and "I've done this a zillion times before") would be ideal.

Plus, the new changes doesn't solve the low level dungeon issue: they're shit, because you get auto matched with people in heirlooms who just blaze through things anyway. If Bliz are serious about making the leveling experience meaningful again, then they need to add a "Random without heirlooms" option to the dungeon finder.

That would be nice.. for the four guys who want to do that.

Lomax

That would be nice.. for the four guys who want to do that.

Being on Dalaran this year (which was flagged for new players for over six months) has showed me that there's still a lot of first time players to this game. Certainly not as many as there once was (which is the biggest reason subscription numbers continue to decline), but still a substantial number, and considering that random dungeons can include people from any server, more than enough to support a function like that.

Unfortunately another thing I've seen is that the change to heirlooms costing gold has led a lot of leveling players to feel like they are something they should be working towards and buying while leveling, which to me is crazy. I think they should make it so you can only buy heirlooms at max level, but I can't see that ever happening now.

Tacitus_

Being on Dalaran this year (which was flagged for new players for over six months) has showed me that there's still a lot of first time players to this game. Certainly not as many as there once was (which is the biggest reason subscription numbers continue to decline), but still a substantial number, and considering that random dungeons can include people from any server, more than enough to support a function like that.

Just because they are new doesn't mean that they don't want to get carried through a dungeon.

Granadier

My guess is they anticipate a wave of brand new players and don't want them burning through content too fast.

This has been a sought after change for years now. I think it's timely that it's being released soon before the movie, but it has been a needed change regardless for a long time.

There currently are two modes though. Actually three modes.
Normal, with heirlooms, and purchased level. If you count the various experience potions and boosters there are even more ways.
If you are a veteran then you should be able to easily fund a new character to level up extremely quickly. And if you don't want to spend the money/gold then that's your choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, random w/o heirlooms wouldn't work because of all the checks and guards needed to ensure that players don't enter with heirlooms. Do they check bags + stash? Do they limit you from leaving the dungeon? All kinds of loopholes would emerge for getting heirlooms into the dungeon. Not worth it imo. This was attempted in The Division and loopholes were found within 20 minutes.

Lanrutcon

Also, random w/o heirlooms wouldn't work because of all the checks and guards needed to ensure that players don't enter with heirlooms. Do they check bags + stash? Do they limit you from leaving the dungeon? All kinds of loopholes would emerge for getting heirlooms into the dungeon. Not worth it imo. This was attempted in The Division and loopholes were found within 20 minutes.

Uh...you're saying it wouldn't work if Blizzard leave loopholes? Then...don't implement it like crap maybe? let's not use The Division, a game so badly developed the exploit ridden state of the game was reported on non-gaming news sites, as an example.

Granadier

Fair enough. I just have my doubts that it would ever work smoothly.

This mostly likely won't be the last thing Blizzard does to improve the level experience.

Loxley

I'm finally getting around to leveling a second character to 100 and man, I'd forgotten there were only two 5-mans between 90-100 - what a drag.

Nevermind I'm an idiot. I think I'm just slowly losing my mind by repeatedly being shoved into Iron Docks.

Lanrutcon

I'm finally getting around to leveling a second character to 100 and man, I'd forgotten there were only two 5-mans between 90-100 - what a drag.

I leveled one of my 100s using treasures and rares. I downloaded an overlay, and went from zone to zone picking up treasures and hitting rares.

phierce

Speaking of set bonuses...have any been released yet?

Haven't been keeping up with every single thing since I can't get in fucking beta!! ��

Just because they are new doesn't mean that they don't want to get carried through a dungeon.

Being a new player without heirlooms, especially a caster, fucking sucks. Everything gets murdered before you can finish a single channel. I didn't want to be carried but I couldn't contribute if I wanted. Even if I had an insta-cast or two to throw out, my dps output was sad and meager but that's all you can do on trash mobs because they just melt. It's not until you get to a boss encounter you might be able to get out a full channeled spell. Maybe even two or three! It doesn't help that most of the full heirloom set wearing players running 5 mans leveling were absolute dicks. I particularly love the assholes that spam the damage report during or at the end of a 5 man run. No shit you're top dps, you're wearing a full BoA set with enchants while the rest are in quest earned gear. *slow clap*

Lomax said:
Unfortunately another thing I've seen is that the change to heirlooms costing gold has led a lot of leveling players to feel like they are something they should be working towards and buying while leveling, which to me is crazy. I think they should make it so you can only buy heirlooms at max level, but I can't see that ever happening now.

I understand why some new players might feel pressure to get heirlooms while leveling because of the current system. The Finder pairs you with a lot of players in full BoA gear and you basically can't do anything.

When I started out with WoD I would have loved an option just to play through dungeons without other players wearing BoA gear. Play with other new players? Yes please.

Granadier

Yeah, unfortunately the dungeon experience for casters is pretty shit no matter what. The long cast times for attacks just destroy any enjoyment.

Granadier

Haha yeah, levelling a lowbie mage I was like "Uh, Fire Blast I guess?"

Had the same struggles. Just not fun at all.

Conversely I have been have a damn enjoyable time leveling up a fresh dwarf hunter. With the new leveling changes I decided to go through the experience without heirlooms or help from my main. It's been great being a "newb" again. Dalaran is a fun server for this too because of all the actual new players.
edit: I'm running Storyline too, which I think is essential for leveling.

Anyone else having an issue with the mobile armory app where it always says the realm is under maintenance regardless of realm so the AH can't be accessed?

I tried relogging and reinstalling but neither worked

Robin64

nuh

rwSHnDo.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Aw man, they want me to sub to get the weapons. Was hoping I could get them by logging on on a low level.

Lomax

Aw man, they want me to sub to get the weapons. Was hoping I could get them by logging on on a low level.

Yeah, they come in the mail. It's supposed to run for two months though, so if you were planning on coming back for 7.0 just wait and log in sometime within a month of that and they should wait for you in the mail until you reactivate.

idlewild_

WELP. Mandatory LFR again to complete tier bonuses quicker. Though the difference between normal and LFR for a decent group of raiders is minimal.

I didn't play much in MoP, was this a big thing back then? Looking at where the tier drops and how the LFR wings are laid out, 4/6 of the tier pieces are in the last 2 wings that will open up.

Granadier

Hopefully it's toned down to a chance to proc. Screaming on every charge is a little much in my opinion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's really neat but it sounds wrong for a Belf to yell that out. The Forsaken and Blood Elves should have different shouts, like "For the Dark Lady!" and "For Quel'Thalas!".

The female Orc sounded awesome though but they're already awesome, guttural and kind of frightening when screaming in battle.

It's a lot more out of character for a Goblin to yell it than any race, really

Top Bottom