• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

ampere

Aw man, they want me to sub to get the weapons. Was hoping I could get them by logging on on a low level.

They come in the mail, but they grant achievements so they might get auto-added to the wardrobe if you have the achievements. Worth trying if you don't feel like resubbing, but still have the game installed.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Can confirm that it's not possible to get the movie items without a sub.
The achievement doesn't get unlocked until the box is opened.
edit: maybe I'm mistaken. I could have sworn that it waited until I opened my boxes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You get the achievement on logging in, but can't actually get the items from the mail if you arent subbed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only been mythic raiding for 3 weeks and I've already hit my 'I don't want to raid tonight' mode. It's not even the raid or the team. It's just.. I don't want to do WoD anymore. I really don't. I thought raiding might help alleviate that, but it doesn't.

And I'm subbed up til October.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Only been mythic raiding for 3 weeks and I've already hit my 'I don't want to raid tonight' mode. It's not even the raid or the team. It's just.. I don't want to do WoD anymore. I really don't. I thought raiding might help alleviate that, but it doesn't.

And I'm subbed up til October.

I got that way after Cataclysm. More like half-way through it, but you get the idea. Something about it just stopped being appealing. I don't know if it was gameplay changes or boss encounter design, but I just fell off.

Sarek

Can anyone recommend a good returning to WoW guide? Haven't really played since leveling my main to 100, and feeling pretty lost.

Robin64

I do still wonder how many of the Nostalrius players would be willing to pay to play on official vanilla servers. I'm sure a large portion were there because it was free.

carlsojo

I do still wonder how many of the Nostalrius players would be willing to pay to play on official vanilla servers. I'm sure a large portion were there because it was free.

I'd pay the standing sub, but I wouldn't pay an additional sub/premium.

Edit: I actually think that MORE people (outside of the Nostalrius base) would be inclined to pay if Vanilla were an official/supported/bug-tested thing.

Tacitus_

The point wasn't the timing, but the comment about drop rate vs. rarity.

I'm sorry, I'm not following you here. The question was whether they would become rare drops on prepatch and they said that no, they'll become rare drops once Legion launches.

Jag

Can anyone recommend a good returning to WoW guide? Haven't really played since leveling my main to 100, and feeling pretty lost.

Well at 100, you aren't really returning, you've hit end-game.

Here's a good guide What to do before the legion pre-patch

Another guide on gearing when you hit 100
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2590/gearing-up-when-you-hit-100

For gear your best bet is to complete Tanaan and pick up upgrades there. The quest starts in your Garrison.

Also on Wednesday Timewalking dungeons become available for 1 week. These are old dungeons that drop higher level gear and your first run of the week gives you tokens that is enough to get a bunch of 675 gear.

I've been doing archaeology pretty regularly since Cataclysm, but the Mists and Warlords achievements for archaeology are some bullllshiiiiit.

I'm also never going to get that Tol'Vir mount and pet because the digs are ONLY in Uldum and they fixed the glitch where you could get them to spawn there.

JSoup

Banned
I'm sorry, I'm not following you here. The question was whether they would become rare drops on prepatch and they said that no, they'll become rare drops once Legion launches.

Blizzards insistence of saying "it's rare now" instead of just saying "drop rate was lowered".

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That's an interesting poll he posted too: "Should buying Legion be required to play Legacy?"

IMO yes, I think Legacy servers should be a premium.

Yep, I would agree there. I don't think they should be selerated from the base game. The best implementation in my opinion would be to have them as a choice on the server selector.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish they'd say if they were going to let you do easy upgrades through apexis crystals on your ring during the pre-launch patch like they did for MOP.

Because I'd get all my alts their ing if I could easily upgrade them. But if I can't, then I'm not as bothered by the LFRing as I am by having to run all the mythics on every character every week.

I've been doing archaeology pretty regularly since Cataclysm, but the Mists and Warlords achievements for archaeology are some bullllshiiiiit.

I'm also never going to get that Tol'Vir mount and pet because the digs are ONLY in Uldum and they fixed the glitch where you could get them to spawn there.

What? You just turn in the completed crates in either Ashran or Vale for boxes of Tol'Vir fragments. That's how I farmed for the mount. Got the Crawling Claw in Cataclysm.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The MMoC meltdowns are hilarious

This is a great change

Celebrating this is premature.

There are only 6 sets datamined for the most part for each class. I think mage has an extra one probably as a Nightborne NPC set.

Warlock Tier 19

DK tier 18

notice how each class has a "red" and "blue" set in there somewhere.

Unless LFR and Normal share a color or something, there isn't a set dedicated to LFR. There's Alliance/Horde PvP, Normal, Heroic, Mythic/Elite PvP.

More than likely these are just placeholder items for the LFR set with different visuals and set bonuses yet to come. HFC LFR had the same amount of gear and the same types of items dropped from each boss.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

cdyhybrid

Celebrating this is premature.

There are only 6 sets datamined for the most part for each class. I think mage has an extra one probably as a Nightborne NPC set.

Warlock Tier 19

DK tier 18

notice how each class has a "red" and "blue" set in there somewhere.

Unless LFR and Normal share a color or something, there isn't a set dedicated to LFR. There's Alliance/Horde PvP, Normal, Heroic, Mythic/Elite PvP.

More than likely these are just placeholder items for the LFR set with different visuals and set bonuses yet to come. HFC LFR had the same amount of gear and the same types of items dropped from each boss.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.
There are tooltip screenshots of T19 items with the Raid Finder tag.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Yeah, and they're all ilevel 875 including normal, heroic and mythic. Clearly not done. That's why I said they're probably placeholder so they can make sure they have the right item variety scaled down to the LFR versions.

Actually, I just checked. The tooltips change correctly on the beta but the LFR and Normal gear share the exact same item appearance, offset or not. They just haven't gotten around to making these items LFR versions yet.

erawsd

Yeah, and they're all ilevel 875 including normal, heroic and mythic. Clearly not done. That's why I said they're probably placeholder so they can make sure they have the right item variety scaled down to the LFR versions.

Actually, I just checked. The tooltips change correctly on the beta but the LFR and Normal gear share the exact same item appearance, offset or not. They just haven't gotten around to making these items LFR versions yet.

Its possible they'll have the same appearance though. I believe they did the same back when they introduced the 4th difficulty in MoP.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Its possible they'll have the same appearance though. I believe they did the same back when they introduced the 4th difficulty in MoP.

I was thinking about that too, but that was a weird experimental time where they added flex and kept is separate from normal and heroic. It eventually evolved into Normal, Old-Normal became heroic, and Old-heroic became mythic. I think technically flex was meant to be as difficult as normal.

Whenever there's been LFR with the tier sets in Dragon Soul and MoP, they were at the very least recolored versions of the Normal/Heroic tier sets.

I just find it a little early to be celebrating or mad at this, because they haven't said anything one way or another.

Could be that LFR and Normal are identical aside from ~25ish ilevels, but it'd be super strange for them to renege on this so far in that direction.

ZenaxPure

I actually figured that stuff was all just placeholder but when you open the new Wardrobe and look at the tier sets it shows 4 different ones with the same drop location (for leather anyway, didn't bother looking at other classes). For example in this pic you can see 4 different colors of the Demon Hunter hat (mythic and 3 not mythic) and the drop location listed for all 4 is Dragons of Nightmare in the Emerald Nightmare.

gGw7ZSu.jpg

That doesn't confirm anything as all that could change in a build but that is how it is displayed in the wardrobe for leather.

erawsd

I was thinking about that too, but that was a weird experimental time where they added flex and kept is separate from normal and heroic. It eventually evolved into Normal, Old-Normal became heroic, and Old-heroic became mythic. I think technically flex was meant to be as difficult as normal.

Whenever there's been LFR with the tier sets in Dragon Soul and MoP, they were at the very least recolored versions of the Normal/Heroic tier sets.

I just find it a little early to be celebrating or mad at this, because they haven't said anything one way or another.

Could be that LFR and Normal are identical aside from ~25ish ilevels, but it'd be super strange for them to renege on this so far in that direction.

I agree that a lot of the reactions are premature. That said, when you look at how rewarding the rest of Legion is it does make sense that they'd bring back tier to LFR. Why not when you're also giving people boe legendaries and a chance at mythic ilvls from quests.

ZenaxPure

I agree that a lot of the reactions are premature. That said, when you look at how rewarding the rest of Legion is it does make sense that they'd bring back tier to LFR. Why not when you're also giving people boe legendaries and a chance at mythic ilvls from quests.

Legion legendaries are BOP. Also even if the models are back to being normal raid models it doesn't make the gear good. It's currently in the dungeon journal listed as ilvl 835 and Heroic dungeon gear is 825. Could be placeholder but that is in line with WoD heroic dungeon -> LFR Highmaul so I am inclined to believe it. It's going to be very easy to get gear better than that, even mythic dungeons without using a keystone drop 840 gear. You can upgrade your class order hall set to 840 (via class hall resource dump) and you can probably complete that before all of LFR ever rolls out. Not to mention World Quests and such which as you point at can upgrade to very high ilvls.

Actually think LFR is going to be utterly pointless outside of transmog in Legion, regardless of what the gear looks like. Seems too easy to get better elsewhere.

Top Bottom